• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
not sure of 3’s Jeanne would bother having feelings for 3’s Bayo based on how that story goes (and I guess slightly based on their relationship in Origins…kinda). Also now that I think of it, they didn’t really explain what happened to Jeanne during the final fight. Like…did her spirit also fuse with Cereza, or did it just go piss off like the rest of the Bayonettas and Jeannes.
btw that’s my theory as to why Cereza suddenly likes Luka. She got the feelings for him a couple of her doppelgängers had. Just like how Luka got that Strider form.

Also that’s assuming Bayonetta 3 follows the same character from 1 and 2 which I know isn’t a certainty but that also just doesn’t make a lot of sense. And the implications of the only way it could make sense effectively render all attempts at storytelling in the series pointless.

Bayonetta 4 needs to go in an entirely different direction and honestly I think it needs to just completely ignore 3’s… attempt at a story. IDK, retcon it into a dream or an in-universe movie or poorly received video game.

Shroob

Sup?
So uh, any Violet players interested in helping me shiny hunt Iron Valiant? I gave one away and used my spare in means to get the hat Pikachu collection.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know… I don’t know why Bayonetta 3 still makes you equip two weapon “sets” to switch between because you don’t have the ability to equip to your hands and feet separately anymore because of the Demonic Masquerade mechanic. So why not just let us have all of them “equipped” at once like in Devil May Cry and just switch between them at a single button press?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
btw that’s my theory as to why Cereza suddenly likes Luka. She got the feelings for him a couple of her doppelgängers had. Just like how Luka got that Strider form.

Also that’s assuming Bayonetta 3 follows the same character from 1 and 2 which I know isn’t a certainty but that also just doesn’t make a lot of sense. And the implications of the only way it could make sense effectively render all attempts at storytelling in the series pointless.

Bayonetta 4 needs to go in an entirely different direction and honestly I think it needs to just completely ignore 3’s… attempt at a story. IDK, retcon it into a dream or an in-universe movie or poorly received video game.
they make sure to note that all 3 Bayonetta games take place in different universes, but 1’s past Cereza is hinted to be 3’s Cereza. Nothing really tells where Origins takes place universe wise, but is the inspiration for a lot of things 3 didn’t answer or explain too well

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
they make sure to note that all 3 Bayonetta games take place in different universes, but 1’s past Cereza is hinted to be 3’s Cereza. Nothing really tells where Origins takes place universe wise, but is the inspiration for a lot of things 3 didn’t answer or explain too well.
But that just doesn’t make sense. Bayonetta 2’s entire thing is that Loptr is trapped in a time loop because he’s released by Baldur being killed in 1 and then possesses young Baldur and goes back in time. If the first two games are separate universes from each other that just doesn’t make sense anymore. I know at the end witches show up in costumes from 1 and 2 but need I remind you that the Cereza from Viola’s world also wore the outfit from 1 and they are probably not supposed to be the same Bayonetta. So their outfits aren’t an indicator of who they actually are as people. Nothing about the previous games indicated they were desperate universes from each other so why would they be now? 1 and 2 have to be the same cannon. The same universe.
Also I get it. They want us to play Origins. Heck 3’s secret chapter is basically an origins demo. But that’s not an excuse for this plot being so confusing to understand and yet boring to experience. And honestly if origins is supposed to be the “defense” for some of these narrative choices then it doesn’t give me a good impression of the game from the start considering I don’t like those decisions. I don’t want an excuse for the no-homo last second straight romance with the bumbling side character I want it apologized for and fixed.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
ScarVio MC be like

"Yo Arven. I know you just got the revelation that your parents are ****ing dead and you've been following an AI copy all this time that now wants to kill us, but hold up. Their themesong slaps."

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So I decided that despite my current disagreements with Overwatch, I'd give its new mode a try.

First of all I had to buy it (**** off), and second off, Illari is literally the best girl in the entire game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So I decided that despite my current disagreements with Overwatch, I'd give its new mode a try.

First of all I had to buy it (**** off), and second off, Illari is literally the best girl in the entire game.
Are you talking about a new mainline game mode o the PvE stuff?

I've been so disinterested in following Overwatch lately that if there's been any new gamemodes besides PvE released lately, I haven't even heard about them.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Martian Manhunter vs. Silver Surfer is next on Death Battle. Who do you think will win?
Would you be okay with not saying what the next Death Battle will be until it released to the public (I.E. those who don't have memberships) like me?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

I've been so disinterested in following Overwatch lately that if there's been any new gamemodes besides PvE released lately, I haven't even heard about them.
Nah just the pve thing.

And its... literally just the pve maps from overwatch 1 but shinier.

I'm just gonna uninstall now. I'm very disappointed. I feel like I got baited in by some overwatch hard-on who takes piss for lemonade.

Edit: I should make it clear that, if you DO find this fun, then good for you. I don't care that you enjoy it. I'm just expressing that I tried it and I didn't like it.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But that just doesn’t make sense. Bayonetta 2’s entire thing is that Loptr is trapped in a time loop because he’s released by Baldur being killed in 1 and then possesses young Baldur and goes back in time. If the first two games are separate universes from each other that just doesn’t make sense anymore. I know at the end witches show up in costumes from 1 and 2 but need I remind you that the Cereza from Viola’s world also wore the outfit from 1 and they are probably not supposed to be the same Bayonetta. So their outfits aren’t an indicator of who they actually are as people. Nothing about the previous games indicated they were desperate universes from each other so why would they be now? 1 and 2 have to be the same cannon. The same universe.
Also I get it. They want us to play Origins. Heck 3’s secret chapter is basically an origins demo. But that’s not an excuse for this plot being so confusing to understand and yet boring to experience. And honestly if origins is supposed to be the “defense” for some of these narrative choices then it doesn’t give me a good impression of the game from the start considering I don’t like those decisions. I don’t want an excuse for the no-homo last second straight romance with the bumbling side character I want it apologized for and fixed.
I think he decided to change it due to having nothing he could see Bayo doing within the present day, so he compensated by death. Honestly it’s hard to picture what goes on in their heads.
View attachment 376120

Finally

Super Mario on the PlayStation

Sauce here
closest Sony is getting to a peak 1st party franchise for all ages (that they don’t end, kill off, nor sell to someone else)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think he decided to change it due to having nothing he could see Bayo doing within the present day, so he compensated by death. Honestly it’s hard to picture what goes on in their heads.
That just does not make sense. If he has no ideas then he should pass the reigns to someone who has ideas and make a new game about this new character he's come up with.

You know DMC really only got truly great after Kamiya left. Kamiya gat nothing to do with 3, 4, or 5. Maybe that's what Bayonetta needs too and Cereza can have a redemption.
Also, IMO, the Faerie stuff AND the Homonculus stuff both would be way better without the multiverse angle. That honestly is this game's major handycap as far as the story goes (as far as gameplay goes it's those damn Infernal Slaves). Do a game that reveals Luka has had a mystery connection to the fairy realm he's just now discovering, the game never talked about his mother before, only his father. Don't use a cosmic level event to retcon him into a magical wolf prince right before he ****ing goes to hell just so you can strip away all the gay.

Also Viola looked so badass in her initial reveal trailer but then the game comes out and she plays like ass and she acts like an annoying doofus with way more in common with her dork of a father than her mother who she's supposed to be taking over the series from. I've seen shots of her wearing the glasses and I'm always like "take those off, you're not Bayonetta no matter how hard you try to be".

God Bayonetta 3 is so frustraiting and I don't care about their dumb weird Playdead studios looking prequel game.

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know, it is kinda ****ed up how it's super easy for Violet players to shiny hunt their Paradox 'mons, since Iron Valiant spawns literally everywhere on the bottom floor of Area Zero.

Meanwhile us Scarlet players gotta huddle up in a tiny ass cave filled with Hounstones and----GOD DAMNIT WHY IS THE ZWEILOUS SHINY

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ya know, it is kinda ****ed up how it's super easy for Violet players to shiny hunt their Paradox 'mons, since Iron Valiant spawns literally everywhere on the bottom floor of Area Zero.

Meanwhile us Scarlet players gotta huddle up in a tiny ass cave filled with Hounstones and----GOD DAMNIT WHY IS THE ZWEILOUS SHINY
The more you have to suffer to find it, the more valuable a shiny is.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Nah just the pve thing.

And its... literally just the pve maps from overwatch 1 but shinier.

I'm just gonna uninstall now. I'm very disappointed. I feel like I got baited in by some overwatch hard-on who takes piss for lemonade.

Edit: I should make it clear that, if you DO find this fun, then good for you. I don't care that you enjoy it. I'm just expressing that I tried it and I didn't like it.
Yeah I really enjoy the Archives missions from 1 but there is a reason I haven't bought the PVE yet and have only done the Free mission lmao.

There is actually a new gamemode and it is quite fun. (Although it is basically just KOTH but all the points are on the same map. Gundam Evolution did it first)

Shroob

Sup?
Don't fall for this capitalist propaganda, Big Shiny wants you to slave your hours away to make you feel like the reward's worth, when they don't give a damn about your Shiny Charm. Start a Union Circle.
Communists be like, "Our shiny."

Then they realize only one person can catch it and turn into capitalists.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That just does not make sense. If he has no ideas then he should pass the reigns to someone who has ideas and make a new game about this new character he's come up with.

You know DMC really only got truly great after Kamiya left. Kamiya gat nothing to do with 3, 4, or 5. Maybe that's what Bayonetta needs too and Cereza can have a redemption.
Also, IMO, the Faerie stuff AND the Homonculus stuff both would be way better without the multiverse angle. That honestly is this game's major handycap as far as the story goes (as far as gameplay goes it's those damn Infernal Slaves). Do a game that reveals Luka has had a mystery connection to the fairy realm he's just now discovering, the game never talked about his mother before, only his father. Don't use a cosmic level event to retcon him into a magical wolf prince right before he ****ing goes to hell just so you can strip away all the gay.

Also Viola looked so badass in her initial reveal trailer but then the game comes out and she plays like ass and she acts like an annoying doofus with way more in common with her dork of a father than her mother who she's supposed to be taking over the series from. I've seen shots of her wearing the glasses and I'm always like "take those off, you're not Bayonetta no matter how hard you try to be".

God Bayonetta 3 is so frustraiting and I don't care about their dumb weird Playdead studios looking prequel game.
the looks aren’t the best in the series, but Origins probably has the best story told out of the games (at the worst it’s 2nd best)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
the looks aren’t the best in the series, but Origins probably has the best story told out of the games (at the worst it’s 2nd best)
I mean, I’m gonna play it but like… why this direction? Why kill one of the best and most powerful female characters in gaming with some of the strongest hints at a lesbian relationship in a aaa game that was also way more well received than some that are done on purpose, and make her fall in love with the goofy comic relief guy character (or one of the two, at least she didn’t fall in love with Enzo) and then die before replacing her with their annoying daughter from another universe who inherited way to much of her father’s “butmonkey” personality to be an acceptable replacement. I hate to sound like an Angry Video Game Nerd but WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, I’m gonna play it but like… why this direction? Why kill one of the best and most powerful female characters in gaming with some of the strongest hints at a lesbian relationship in a aaa game that was also way more well received than some that are done on purpose, and make her fall in love with the goofy comic relief guy character (or one of the two, at least she didn’t fall in love with Enzo) and then die before replacing her with their annoying daughter from another universe who inherited way to much of her father’s “butmonkey” personality to be an acceptable replacement. I hate to sound like an Angry Video Game Nerd but WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!
And they say FNaF has confusing lore.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Happy new year!

Wait.

He did, but the temptation was still there. Also I couldn't tell if he was trolling or not.
If you mean the temptation came from me, that was unintentional, honestly.

EDIT: By the way, you probably should know that I never really troll around, despite my use of the trollface emoticon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom