• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
damn Pixar
Before i read it complete, i thought that the UK Toy Story DVD with some minutes of swearing was found.
Anyways, i feel bad for the person who saved the movie of our childhood.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I wonder if Weird Al personally requested his Pony OC in FiM be married and have a Filly

Just curious because i saw 2 videos of fights thst broke out during the movie and was wondering if there was a 3rd outbreak
Most I've ever got were annoying intoxicated parents.

Please stop getting intoxicated when you're supposed to be spending time with your children

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The physical release of The Super Mario Bros. Movie might be this week as some people's pre-orders have shipped and some already received their steel books.

Plz be true.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
A part of me wants to know the most popular Smash ballot characters by region.

Just thinking, because Sakurai said Banjo did super well, but something to note is that the N64 (and by consequence, Banjo) was really only popular in North America, which makes me wonder how other regions had him ranked as high. And I kinda want to see the breakdown of other characters.

Edit: maybe not just ballot but overall

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Miguel in the train scene
The acting in that scene was crazy. That whole scene was tense, perfectly acted and such a huge “oh ****” moment for the ramifications of everything up to that point.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Just thinking, because Sakurai said Banjo did super well, but something to note is that the N64 (and by consequence, Banjo) was really only popular in North America, which makes me wonder how other regions had him ranked as high. And I kinda want to see the breakdown of other characters.

All I know is that Shrek and/or Goku probably won overall.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I 100% believe Goku actually won it. Sora's was top 1 for "negotiable and realizable characters" but if we take that out the equation, 100% Goku
I've been on the Goku train since Day 1 of the Smash Ballot. Track my history. Y'all just ain't physically nor emotionally prepared to handle Goku reveal. :jojo:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Goku would make a really fun fighter and fit well, if the Smash fan games I've played tell me anything.

But still don't have much expectations for it to be a reality.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the Wii U being the only Nintendo console to not have its own Zelda game dedicated to it is crazy

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
gonna need to kill that mouse now
Now that I think about it, it kind of is.
a remake of a GameCube game, a Warriors game that ended up on 2 better consoles, and the big game meant for them gets promoted and succeeds more on its younger sibling console. I guess a bright side is that they at least managed to keep some things to themselves (like Mario spin-off games nobody likes much of, and StarFox), but it’s still weird to realize how dry special Zelda content was for the system that couldn’t.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

He mentioned that K. Rool was extremely popular on the ballot as well, and IIRC it might have also been said that the ballot had some influence on Bayonetta's inclusion in Smash 4 as well, but don't quote me on that one.

I don't think any other characters that are actually eligible were ever mentioned in regards to the ballot. Demand for Ridley was already extremely high and particularly vocal even before the ballot.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Most I've ever got were annoying intoxicated parents.

Please stop getting intoxicated when you're supposed to be spending time with your children
To be fair you'd have to be pretty plastered to get through Awkwafina's rapping scene...

...just like how Lin-Manuel Miranda and the other composers probably were when they wrote it :4pacman:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man. Having two back to back stomach bugs that express their symptoms in completely different ways sure was a blast! I can’t wait to be sick again and have my stomach rebel against me in a third painfully unique way!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Twitter has decided to claim Gwen Stacy as trans and started beefing online due to it

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Twitter has decided to claim Gwen Stacy as trans and started beefing online due to it
Are they beefing?
Or is it media illiterate manchildren getting mad that people are reading the subtext and themes of Gwen's arc and how they're depicted on screen?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Typical twitter. They know nothing.
both yes and no
Are they beefing?
Or is it media illiterate manchildren getting mad that people are reading the subtext and themes of Gwen's arc and how they're depicted on screen?
Beef due to how people are seeing her story’s subtexts, which can honestly work for a lot of things to comfort anybody (that doesn’t hate everything at the least)
I mean Gwen straight up has a giant ass trans flag in her room and people read her arc as a trans allegory, canon or not it's not an illogical conclusion to make.
Headcanons and having their own conclusions is never gonna be a problem, but I be seeing people getting mad at one another for saying “Gwen is trans” and “Gwen supports trans people”. Nothing as bad as death threats at least, but it’s odd since nobody bats an eye over picturing Peter as a gay man due to his Deadpool and Human Torch interactions. You’d think there wouldn’t be a problem with people liking the idea of a trans Gwen considering the amount of ideas had…tho Twitter I guess, so nvm

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Headcanons and having their own conclusions is never gonna be a problem, but I be seeing people getting mad at one another for saying “Gwen is trans” and “Gwen supports trans people”. Nothing as bad as death threats at least, but it’s odd since nobody bats an eye over picturing Peter as a gay man due to his Deadpool and Human Torch interactions. You’d think there wouldn’t be a problem with people liking the idea of a trans Gwen considering the amount of ideas had…tho Twitter I guess, so nvm
Well you have a triple whammy of painting a trans girl in a heroic light, while trans girls are demonized throughout media, and hardcore nerds hate anything LGBT. People will get mad no matter what.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don’t really get how Gwen’s arc gives people the idea she’s trans, but some spoiler thoughts.

Everyone in her life is dead, even her dad essentially. She wanted somewhere to belong because the canon events literally made her life absolute hell. She was desperate for anyone who could relate or comfort her because she knew what fate awaited her. Which is why she stood by Miguel for most of the film.

she couldn’t open herself up because like MCU Peter, she was a murderer. Except unlike Peter, she had no one would support her and she couldn’t even confide the truth because no one would believe her.

The film ended with her realizing miles was the first person after everything she went through who genuinely tried to empathize with her and befriend her and that she made actual connections along the way who also wanted to be there for her.

She couldn’t connect to her dad because after Peter and her mother died they had nothing left to their relationship. It’s seemingly confirmed he devoted everything to hunting spider-woman hoping it would give give him closure. We don’t see how her mom dies in the film, but I’m betting Captain Stacey blames himself and Spider-woman for not saving his wife. That was my take away anyway. So of course Gwen wouldn’t want to reveal her identity. It’s the same canon series of events every spiderman goes through. Wanting to tell people their secret identity but knowing it will destroy their lives if their family or loved ones ever learn.

Being a teen, it’s natural she would react this way. I don’t see it as a trans allegory, but more of a heroes journey type of deal. All of them must walk alone or it will ruin what little joy they have left in their lives.

either way she’s an ally and that’s a W. I also could see their being a pretty big reason for her having the flag though:

Her Peter could have potentially been trans. The fact that the lizard serum looks like the goblin serum we see in media like spectacular Spider-Man, could imply this was a more hormonal transformation serum. Although I don’t remember the exact way the lizard one works in comics, other then it’s goal to allow new healing factors.

It would explain Peter’s bullying, lack of confidence, the flag in Gwen’s room, and why he would feel the need to bulk up and get revenge on Ned. Because I doubt the goal was for him to become a lizard. Also I don’t know if we see anyone as Gwen’s date at the prom, but perhaps she didn’t have the courage to ask peter and this furthered his choice.

Top Bottom