• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

• Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Cat Quest 3

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Bought this

Let me know if ya'll want me to share each day the builds I get. At the moment here are the first two days:
"It's a me, a Mario"

Love the build of the rocket boots. Simple but effective

Star Lord's music player and a gift with headphones. Love the build for the cassette player.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Top 10 Classic Midway Arcade games that need sequels now
Rampage: Another online party game where you log into a server, pick your kaiju, and compete against your friends to see who can wreck more of the city. That's the easy way to do a modern Rampage. Do some new monsters based on other actual monster movie tropes (and not just big animals like the other sequals tried to do), come up with some cool mutation based power-ups, regularly supply the player-base with new characters and maps, and boom. You've revived Rampage.
With Gamera making a glorious return next year given this kaiju resurgence and comeback. I think this is most guaranteed at some point. Give it time.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Following movies I look forward to next year.

2023:
Cocaine Bear
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
Shazam! Fury of the Gods
The Super Mario Bros. Movie
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Fast X
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts
Meg 2: The Trench
Upcoming Toho Godzilla film

2024:
Kung Fu Panda 4
A Quiet Place: Day One
Godzilla and Kong
Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse
Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
Joker Folie a Deux
Deadpool 3
Sonic the Hedgehog 3

But out of any media I look forward to, none of these cannot compare to the anticipation and excitement I hold for Gamera: Rebirth!

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Following movies I look forward to next year.

2023:
Cocaine Bear
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
Shazam! Fury of the Gods
The Super Mario Bros. Movie
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Fast X
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts
Meg 2: The Trench
Upcoming Toho Godzilla film

2024:
Kung Fu Panda 4
A Quiet Place: Day One
Godzilla and Kong
Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse
Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
Joker Folie a Deux
Deadpool 3
Sonic the Hedgehog 3

But out of any media I look forward to, none of these cannot compare to the anticipation and excitement I hold for Gamera: Rebirth!
So far for me it's:
  • Cocaine Bear
  • Mario Bros. Movie
  • Indiana Jones 5
  • Upcoming Godzilla film
  • Meg 2
  • Godzilla and Kong

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So far for me it's:
  • Cocaine Bear
  • Mario Bros. Movie
  • Upcoming Godzilla film
  • Meg 2
  • Godzilla and Kong
In terms of media as a whole though what about Gamera: Rebirth? Assuming you have NetFlix that is.

Which if you do, you should definitely check out Troll. It's basically a modern remake to the 1954 film with elements of the 1998 film but set in Norway and with a troll.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Finished rematching the gym leaders

My biggest takeaway from all this is that my team is severely overleveled and that I'm gonna have to find a new team for whenever the DLC rolls around

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm curious to know how Mario is considered to be a threat to Bowser's plan to take over the world in the movie, considering this will be the first time the two crossed paths.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I finished the main story of Scarlet!
Now i'm off tocatch all the new Pokemon so i can fill out my living dex when Hom compatability drops.

The first thing i find when i go off to do that? A shiny Lechonk.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Top 10 Classic Midway Arcade games that need sequels now
Smash TV/Robotron: 2084: Who doesn't love a good twin stick shooter? If you just raised you're hand, then the contestants of Smash TV would like to have a word with you. Both of these games were designed to have the player rack up incredibly high kill counts in very simple ways, moving around a single screen and shooting. Smash TV was really just a re-imagining of Robotron anyway. So they share a spot on the list, even though I'd like to see both games get brought back for the modern era. One particular idea for Smash TV would be for players to be competing against each other to kill enemies. Where you get points and win the match based on your enemy kill count, rather then the amount of other players you've killed, but you can and should still **** with your other contestants to help score the win. Help it transition to the online multiplayer age a bit more. Maybe there are special power-ups that only hurt other players Mario Kart style? Then for Robotron, just giving the titular hero more weapons and abilities to play around with as he saves his family from the robot apocalypse is plenty. Smash TV is about online competition, Robotron is about a solo experience. That's how I see it anyway.
Klax: Klax is just a really fun puzzle game that i want on modern platforms and removed from the stranglehold of the arcade quarter-gobbling formula. It's like trying to explain why Tetris should come to modern systems. It just should.
Primal Rage: A really solid fighting game with a really cool prehistoric life/new-old gods motif that's just begging for a reboot. I can only imagine what NRS could do with these characters and this setting. What other cool giant dinosaurs and other prehistoric life they'll let us battle as. With the right marketing and care this could be another solid franchise for them to give them breaks from MK and Injustice.
Tapper: A modern game where you run a bar sounds perfect. It sounds like the perfect little low-budget indie project you'd see pushed during an Indies Showcase or something like that. The bartender has a sad backstory, you get to know and socialize with the memorable patrons, you make money to upgrade your facilities, and obviously you sell drinks. The perfect little experience. Then you find out that this is a Tapper game and your mind starts doing little somersaults trying to understand how this happened. But it's great so you keep playing anyway. This is the perfect storm. IMO.
Paperboy: This is another one that just works. You are the Paperboy, let's say in an 80's period setting to make it cool. You need to make money to support yourself week to week doing your paper routes in the city as well as various other odd jobs you can pick up, if your schedule allows it. You fight off CPS to keep from getting into the system, the city is big and open with lots of places to explore for all you people who like that, you have a Persona style calendar system to manage, badda bing, badda boom, 10/10.
Gauntlet: Number 5 because Gauntlet actually got a sequel relatively recently and it's pretty good. Highly recommend. I just hope it's not a one-night stand because the formula it sets up is a good one. All it really needs is more enemy types, more and more frequent bosses, more location variety, and more classes like the ones from the various past Gauntlet followups (The Third Encounter, The Final Quest, and Dark Legacy).
Joust: While I see a new Joust still having a PvE mode for the sake of tradition, I see this game's modern equivalent having it's primary draw being online party multiplayer akin to games like Fall Guys. Just hopping on a server and jousting a bunch of your friends. Maybe include an Ostrich breeding system to get birds with better stats? Give players the option to joust on Buzzards or even the infamous Pterodactyls if they so choose, along with the Pegasus from Joust 2, all with different stats and abilities. And obviously cosmetic armor for your knight and your mount.
Spy Hunter: Another game that would work with an open world formula somewhat. The car combat would obviously be a must to keep, but you definitely need to give players the option of either being stealthy or being loud. And give them adequate tools both on foot and in the Interceptor to do both. And keeping true to the character's codename, he should be an agent who hunts down other spies. Either enemy agents or rogue agents. So your primary targets you're hunting down on each mission isn't just some schmuck in plain sight. You'd have to do some good honest spy/detective work to even find them. Package it in with a cool Bond style story that you can get sucked into and bingo. Spy Hunter.
Rampage: Another online party game where you log into a server, pick your kaiju, and compete against your friends to see who can wreck more of the city. That's the easy way to do a modern Rampage. Do some new monsters based on other actual monster movie tropes (and not just big animals like the other sequals tried to do), come up with some cool mutation based power-ups, regularly supply the player-base with new characters and maps, and boom. You've revived Rampage.
Toobin': An inner-tube racing game down a river is fun and like with Rampage and Joust promises that fun online party game fun that is so popular nowadays.

Rampart: A prototype RTS where you play a puzzle game to build you castle walls and then defend your castle from attacking ships with cannons. This is such a novel idea and I would love to see it come back.

Xybots: A really novel 3rd person shooter in a time before camera control or 3D graphics. I would love to see it come back, but modernizing it would make it loose it's charm.

Super Sprint: The novelty of a top down racing game that's actually designed with controllers in mind is appealing.

CarnEvil: They're finally inventing light guns that work on modern TVs. Use that tech and bring this classic to modern platforms.
Defender: Picture this. You are a lone hero inn his one man ship. You're only mission, travel the galaxy responding to distress calls and repelling hostile alien invasions when the galactic government will not. You are, THE DEFENDER. I imagine it being a large open galaxy similar to No Mans Sky, where you have to actively travel from planet to planet, using Stargates to hopefully cut down on travel time, and save whoever is calling for help before they are destroyed in real time. Obviously the main threat would be the Manti-Landers. But other space age Midway villains could also be threats as well from time to time. The Xenos from Xenophobe, The Sinistar from Sinistar, Mukor from Blasteroids, maybe even the Xybots... It has so much potential, and so much legacy, that obviously it tops the list.
You put a lot of effort into the posts that get no acknowledgment. Except for you Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Korea are through to the Sweet 16 thanks to goal differential, finishing behind Portugal, and may play Brazil depending on what happens with Group G.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So I have a question since this is something I've been struggling with lately.

How do you guys build your Pokemon teams? I usually pick six Pokemon I like with balanced types but I try to have an even number of physical and special attackers, and at least one fast Pokemon. But I'm starting to question if this setup is even necessary

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I have a question since this is something I've been struggling with lately.

How do you guys build your Pokemon teams? I usually pick six Pokemon I like with balanced types but I try to have an even number of physical and special attackers, and at least one fast Pokemon. But I'm starting to question if this setup is even necessary
I try to balance the types for coverage and this and that, but I'm not opposed to doubling up on types if I just really like the Pokémon in question.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm curious to know how Mario is considered to be a threat to Bowser's plan to take over the world in the movie, considering this will be the first time the two crossed paths.
Remember how in Yoshi's Island, Kamek somehow knew Mario was going to be a threat to Bowser one day?

...And say, wasn't (baby) Luigi also damsled in that game?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Scarlet and violet basically writes the next Mystery Dungeon Game.

After beating that story I had some ideas I think would be fun to see:

Title: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Paradox Peril

The main idea being that the world is under a mysterious set of threats that have been popping up and causing havoc in areas around the world( or whatever continent this game takes place on)

The Ultra Beasts and Paradox forms are invading from other worlds. Causing the universe to act differently almost like it’s glitching out.

As everything collapses around you, your partner and you set out to restore order.

Eventually you find out that:

The Third Crystal legend and Eternatus have bought these threats in from other worlds, using their presumed universe warping and destroying powers.

Why Eternatus? Well playing through that post game, when I saw the time machine, it immediately reminded me of Eternatus. The way it moves, looks and operates is just like the V Max form.

on top of the fact eternatus has all those crystals and is a living energy reactor. I feel like the throw away line that Penny was sent to her home country of Galar could be a big connection paid off down the road.

I think it’s possible eternatus is connected to the third legendary in Scarlwt and Violet.

So keeping in line with the last few games final bosses, perhaps these two fuse into something that isn’t even really a Pokémon anymore, like the bitter cold.

The final confrontation would be seeking Arceus out to fix these paradoxes. However it’s revealed that you yourself are a paradox for being a human in this world. Arceus finding a way to restore balance to the universe because they don’t want someone whose done all that good to be erased from reality.

Anyone that was a long post, but I had fun writing it. There’s so much potential with a new mystery dungeon right now, and I hope we get one announced in February.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Maybe it's just me reaching but I feel like Sonic Frontier's end is a huge Persona 3 reference, which was in turn a huge Evangelion reference.
doesn’t Mankoto ****ing die in P3? Also which Evangelion we talking about?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Maybe it's just me reaching but I feel like Sonic Frontier's end is a huge Persona 3 reference, which was in turn a huge Evangelion reference.
Well...

Just needed the fight to be a 14 phase slapper

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
doesn’t Mankoto ****ing die in P3? Also which Evangelion we talking about?
The first one. Not End of Eva or the Rebuild series.

I'm pretty sure The End is based off of the Black Moon from Eva. Either that or Unicron.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I try to balance the types for coverage and this and that, but I'm not opposed to doubling up on types if I just really like the Pokémon in question.
I do that sometimes as well. In my latest team I've had two Ghost types (though their primary types are different)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The first one. Not End of Eva or the Rebuild series.

I'm pretty sure The End is based off of the Black Moon from Eva. Either that or Unicron.
whatever the End side of the franchise is based on (outside of depression), I’m glad it’s not the ending needed…especially for poor Shinji and Asuka

Top Bottom