• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

• Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Cat Quest 3

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
The craziest lilo and stitch crossover was recess.

I don’t remember if it’s explained in episode, but how did they have the money to travel to Hawaii as middle schoolers.
I think Third Street School itself must've paid for it

Principle Prickly must be filthy rich lol

(also here's your reminder that Gretchen and Mikey were the only main characters who weren't insufferable on a regular basis. Y'all don't know how much I hate Spinelli, I swear)

If ARMS or Rhythm Heaven get announced tomorrow, I'm eating my Switch.
Just let Ribbon Girl come back in some form, I beg you Nintendo :sadsheep:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
But if you eat your Switch, how will you play the new ARMS and/or Rhythm Heaven games?
That word that starts with "E" and I think ends with "ating".

That's right, eating the cartridges too! What, you thought I was gonna suggest emulating?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

From an Analogue Horror webseries to feature film.

I kinda figured this would happen eventually but dang, the fact it's already being picked up for a film adaptation just goes to show Kane's talent at this.

Reactions: Z25

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The craziest lilo and stitch crossover was recess.

I don’t remember if it’s explained in episode, but how did they have the money to travel to Hawaii as middle schoolers.
They got accepted into some school research trip or something along those lines.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I kinda figured this would happen eventually but dang, the fact it's already being picked up for a film adaptation just goes to show Kane's talent at this.
All that at 17 years old is something. I remember when I was 17 years old, I...

don't want to talk about it it was embarassing

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
All that at 17 years old is something. I remember when I was 17 years old, I...

don't want to talk about it it was embarassing
Dude, I wish I had Kane's talent and skills at that age lol

I had ideas for SFM animations and video games around that time that never really went anywhere. I might still pick up SFM or animation eventually.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still have yet to find any reason to get the FE dlc so they will have to show me something good
If you haven’t beat the game:
69F6C184-F77A-480E-A08F-4EDE494BFF52.jpeg

Tiki is pretty good. Gave her to jade and had Jade inherit her life skill. This was on Ike’s paralouge. She held everyone off on that side the entire time by busting waiting and getting 20 hp back. Picked up a lot of exp to.

Would have honestly been screwed without her because on the final turn,Reinforcements came from every side of the map. Had to throw literally everyone else at Ike and man still didn’t want to die. Then he initiated on Clanne and Clanne countered first and beat him lol.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

It’s pretty cool to see them adapt this. That’s a lot of lore and interesting concepts they could play with for this movie. It needs to keep the found footage aspect. We haven’t had a really big found footage since Blair witch and this could do it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I know it's unrealistic as hell but it would be cool to see a new JRPG announced tomorrow

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It’s pretty cool to see them adapt this. That’s a lot of lore and interesting concepts they could play with for this movie. It needs to keep the found footage aspect. We haven’t had a really big found footage since Blair witch and this could do it.
You mean the new Blair Witch or the first one?

Because there's been quite a few hit Found Footage movies since the original (Paranormal Activity, REC and Cloverfield to name a few), but, it more recent years I'd agree it's kinda of fallen off, being more popular in online series than in films.

It definitely needs to remain Found Footage. Part of the reason the series has such a scare factor is the filming style and that it tries to keep the setting as realistic as possible as a result.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
People talking about found-footage films.

My favs would be Exists (2014), Cloverfield, Trollhunter and As Above, So Below.

Trollhunter especially. Such an underrated gem.

Edit: Also while not a movie, I really enjoy Lost Tapes.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You mean the new Blair Witch or the first one?

Because there's been quite a few hit Found Footage movies since the original (Paranormal Activity, REC and Cloverfield to name a few), but, it more recent years I'd agree it's kinda of fallen off, being more popular in online series than in films.

It definitely needs to remain Found Footage. Part of the reason the series has such a scare factor is the filming style and that it tries to keep the setting as realistic as possible as a result.
That’s true, the Original paranormal activity and clover field were hits. The later entires/remakes kinda fell off though. So there’s a lot of potential for making it a modern day success here.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It just hit me:

Is Big Man nude? Like every other Splatoon character wears clothes that at least covers them up, Judd has fur which acts as the same but Big Man is just... showing everyone his big man.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I made some predictions for the year, but I have a few predictions:

Eshop Titles:
Rhythm Heaven Rewind
F-Zero 23000

Non Eshop:

Golden Sun Remake

New 2D Mario

New Square Remaster

Ace Attorney 7

New Donkey Kong

TOTK trailer, direct and treehouse announced

Whatever the holiday title is( maybe one of the ones I listed)

Pikmin 4 trailer: release window.

Sparks Of Hope New DLC Wave 1

MK8 DLC Wave 4

New season update for Splatoon, Tease of the Pearl and Marina story( full direct at a later point)

Tomodachi Life returns

FE Wave 2 DLC shadow drop

AdvancedWars Soars into Shelves Friday.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That’s true, the Original paranormal activity and clover field were hits. The later entires/remakes kinda fell off though. So there’s a lot of potential for making it a modern day success here.
I haven't seen the later Cloverfields, but the quality of the later Paranormal Activity movies are definitely more subjective. Besides the first one, 3 and the Marked Ones are my favorites. All of them have some good scares and suspense, though.

I really hope it succeeds and captures what the original web series did so well. The Backrooms is a terrifying concept all on it's own and Kane's series is probably the best adaptation of it yet. If it's done right, the movie could really bring it to even more modern audiences and restore some life to Found Footage as a filming style and genre.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm so looking forward to the actual sequel to Cloverfield. Can't wait when that releases!

This, Skull Island NetFlix anime, Gamera: Rebirth, Godzilla: Singular Point season 2, upcoming Toho Godzilla film this year, next MonsterVerse film next year. What a time to be a kaiju fan.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Is this supposed to be a remake of the first one? Because otherwise I'd think Megamix would make it redundant.
Less of a remake more like a mega mix two. Or a story that could combine elements from all previous games. Mainly o just liked the title lol.

Top Bottom