• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I was gonna come here and be like:

"Wow guys, I managed to finish Super Metroid 100% in time! This is the fifth & last Metroid game I 100% and on top of that, I saved the animals! The timeline is safe and now I can finally wait for Dread without any worry. :)"

...but as it turn out, I missed two missiles.

So

Uh

[Fifthy Percent Off]

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Except the Devs didn’t back you up.
Yeah, they said there are "global licensing issues" with some characters, and Alexis straight-up said Timmy was one of them. Honestly it's a bit unclear as to what is actually going on with Timmy, but again, it seems like if there's anything in the way it would just be Nelvana, as FOP is one of the few Nick shows that was globally distributed by a different company. It's kind of interesting that it would extend to entertainment/media stuff like a new game, but I can't think of what else the devs and Alexis would be referring to. I can't imagine a company like Viacom couldn't negotiate it if they felt so inclined, so the amount of money this game is making already (and the amount of buzz it's producing), is really good for these situations in the future.

Reactions: Z25

Just a penguin

Smash Master
So I was gonna come here and be like:

"Wow guys, I managed to finish Super Metroid 100% in time! This is the fifth & last Metroid game I 100% and on top of that, I saved the animals! The timeline is safe and now I can finally wait for Dread without any worry. :)"

...but as it turn out, I missed two missiles.

So

Uh

[Fifthy Percent Off]
You really put the "miss" in missiles.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Flaming
Keeping the spoilers contained.

Give em a week. They’ll be going nuts.
But I wanna talk about it now!!

Just posting this amazing op again. And to encourage a bit of a fellow weeb whom I call one of my closest friends to watch the show.

For me it's just a bit too much on the Disney side and the annoying lack of SE worlds and stuff. Hope KH4 starts that trend finally.

Combat for me didn't really improve until Dream Drop Distance as all of it were just a bit boring.

And controversial but I did enjoy Re:Chain of Memories combat system.

As someone who is playing it I gotta say that the gameplay is smooth. I don't really care much from the story honestly.

If it weren't for Scarlet Nexus and Mass Effect 2 remastered it would probably be game of the year for me.
Except the Devs didn’t back you up.

That post I tagged you in, specifically said there is no Fredirator copyright issue.

It did not say there weren’t copy rights with other companies claiming them.

There is clearly something legally blocking Timmy or he would have been in the game at this point or even in the DLC files.

The fact that he’s not should clue you in. You can say you went to college all you want, but using that to try and demean others isn’t right.

College means jack **** in the world despite what they try to tell you. Someone without a degree can be just as knowledgeable as someone who has one.

Also I kinda doubt your classes specifically discussed Legal issues with Nickelodeon characters.

Regardless, we can’t say for sure what the problem with Timmy is. But that doesn’t give you the right to repeatedly look down on people here who are casually discussing things and can be just as right as you are, the same way we can all be right. We aren’t the developers or heads at Nick, so we shouldn’t act like them.
They specifically said there is no legal issues blocking Timmy. They have also said to not be surprised if characters who were not in that initial leak of names ended up in the game because that list of names is very old and from a different point in development. Reguardless of any specific things Nickelodeon may have done, I know how international syndication works because while the inner machinations of Nickelodeon were not covered in my classes, that was. And all I can say this that, if I’m seeking to find channels for FOP, and only FOP, to air on in countries where they do not operate as a channel, they signed away part of the Intellectual Property rights, then whatever lawyer drew up that contract needs to be fired because that is not how standard international syndication contracts are typically drawn up. If Nelvana or Disney or any other company who distributed the show internationally actually owns a piece of the show as a result then that is a very atypical contract and Timmy likely wouldn’t have been in any of the other Nicktoons crossover games of the past. I spent 4 years studying how the entertainment industry works. I know what I’m talking about. You don’t. I spent 4 years and thousands of dollars so that I would know what i’m talking about. So step of and Shut the **** up.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I know what I’m talking about. You don’t. I spent 4 years and thousands of dollars so that I would know what i’m talking about. So step of and Shut the **** up.
I'm okay with arguments and debate and all that (and if I'm wrong, please let me know with credible sources! that's okay with me!), but there's no reason to get this heated nor is there any reason to escalate so much over discussion about a video game.

You wouldn't have gotten such an angry reply if you hadn't been so hostile to start with. Maybe take a step back and do something to calm yourself down, because this isn't acceptable.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But I wanna talk about it now!!

They specifically said there is no legal issues blocking Timmy. They have also said to not be surprised if characters who were not in that initial leak of names ended up in the game because that list of names is very old and from a different point in development. Reguardless of any specific things Nickelodeon may have done, I know how international syndication works because while the inner machinations of Nickelodeon were not covered in my classes, that was. And all I can say this that, if I’m seeking to find channels for FOP, and only FOP, to air on in countries where they do not operate as a channel, they signed away part of the Intellectual Property rights, then whatever lawyer drew up that contract needs to be fired because that is not how standard international syndication contracts are typically drawn up. If Nelvana or Disney or any other company who distributed the show internationally actually owns a piece of the show as a result then that is a very atypical contract and Timmy likely wouldn’t have been in any of the other Nicktoons crossover games of the past. I spent 4 years studying how the entertainment industry works. I know what I’m talking about. You don’t. I spent 4 years and thousands of dollars so that I would know what i’m talking about. So step of and Shut the **** up.
See I wasn't being hostile before( trust I'd be a lot worse if I was).

But this, this is just sad. I've spent four years in College for Graphics and Web Design. But you don't see me acting entitled and believing no one else can say a single thing about those topics because I would clearly know everything.

Your also decided to ignore the main point I made. Legal Issues aside, that doesn't mean there aren't other issues, something that publication issues could definitely fall under. We have no clue how the shows rights were drafted by Nick. But giving how badly they screw up creators, especially when it comes to show rights. There is a decent chance FOP does not fall into normal distribution circumstances.

I literally never said you didn't know what your talking to, but your literally ignoring every other potential problem with Timmy here, just because you think you know it all. Which again,. no one but Nick has any solid idea on these things run. Viacom is a nightmare of management, and a juggernaut in TV. We have not even the slightest idea of how they operate because they are massive.

So again, being hostile, belittling people, isn't helping your case. This is as bad as ****ing Butch Hartman who says if you don't have a degree in art or animation, you can't talk **** about his process of making things. Which is scummy as hell, and lets be real no one wants to be Butch Hartman.

Also the devs words aren't gospel. They literally lied about like 3 different leaks at this point, despite claiming that they will be 100 percent truthful. They have a legal contract with Nick, they can't talk about unconfirmed stuff or risk being in big trouble. So we can't take them at their word.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Can y'all believe that Sora's in Smash and Garfield is going to be in NASB?

What sort of timeline do we ****ing live in lmao
i mean garf in a nick game isn't exactly THAT loopy if you watched the channel in the late 90s

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
i mean garf in a nick game isn't exactly THAT loopy if you watched the channel in the late 90s
okay but Garfield in any sort of fighting game doesn't feel real to me.

Like, he's going to be able to beat the **** out of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and that's going to be so weird to see.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can we go back to talking about Metroid and Sora?
In that case, I found out the two missiles I missed.

And what do you know, they were part of the few items the map never show that they even exist with a white dot.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeegh, honestly, while some of the hype of ending the game is a bit gone now, i'm just glad I easily found those two remaining missiles.

Won't be able to redo the ending tonight, but hey, I got time tomorrow, so i'm all good.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I’m sorry for blowing up. I just had a lot of pent up energy and I’m tired and have a headache and I’m irritated and dehydrated and I really want to talk about Dread and I really miss Ridley and I shouldn’t have blown up like that and I’m sorry.
I haven't followed much of this discussion, but you should definitly get a more or less small waterbottle with you as much as possible if you're often dehydrated.

Water help in so many way, you need a reliable source on you if you feel very tired/too hot.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Man the first two episodes of Lustrous are amazing.

Think of adding another story crossover idea to the list and my second one with the show.

Can we go back to talking about Metroid and Sora?
Honestly can I just say about Metroid Dread?

I'm only really playing cause of how smooth it looks and the hype you guys showed.

Easily second or third best game I've played this year behind Scarlet Nexus. And yes, over games I was 100x more hyped for like Tales of Arise and Neo The World Ends With You.

Still. Outside of maybe Blue Reflection and Dying Light/Wreckfest Switch ports this is the last new game I'm getting til Elden Ring or Horizon Forbidden West so gonna complete it.

The X parasites look like a buncha flying gummy bears.
1633901603388.png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway, I've been watching the second season of Kid Cosmic.

Craig definitely wanted to more Wonder Over Yonder and I'm here for it.

The show is great though, if you have Netflix, it definitely worth watching.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Can y'all believe that Sora's in Smash and Garfield is going to be in NASB?

What sort of timeline do we ****ing live in lmao
For real dude, I basically got two of my most wanteds for both games confirmed on the same day.

I got to freak out about Sora and Garfield being in fighting games I love to play/want to play at some point and that's just the wildest thing.

I'm still not sure if any of it feels real

Garfield is going to be able to wavedash and IDK how to process that

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I’m sorry for blowing up. I just had a lot of pent up energy and I’m tired and have a headache and I’m irritated and dehydrated and I really want to talk about Dread and I really miss Ridley and I shouldn’t have blown up like that and I’m sorry.
I mean, at the end of the day this is a site dedicated to funny kid's party fighting game so like the worst thing you did is mildly inconvenience people, but take more care of yourself so you don't blow up here as often.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
For real dude, I basically got two of my most wanteds for both games confirmed on the same day.

I got to freak out about Sora and Garfield being in fighting games I love to play/want to play at some point and that's just the wildest thing.

I'm still not sure if any of it feels real

Garfield is going to be able to wavedash and IDK how to process that
”Fine, you say I’m too fat, John? You say I need to excercise? Fine! Just sit back and watch this nasty wave dash!”

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Honestly can I just say about Metroid Dread?

I'm only really playing cause of how smooth it looks and the hype you guys showed.
Hey, that's fine. At least you supported it and seem to be enjoying the game anyway. I'm personally still not over the fact that I'm playing a brand new 2D Metroid game set after Fusion on my TV.

Just feels so surreal lol.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I spoiled myself so much about Dread (i'm weak), I think Hard Mode/100% is gonna be where I reallyyyyyy test my Metroid fan skills.

That or trying to sequence break, cuz what do you know, quite alot of them have been found, some bigger than other sure, but it's here.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Hey, that's fine. At least you supported it and seem to be enjoying the game anyway. I'm personally still not over the fact that I'm playing a brand new 2D Metroid game set after Fusion on my TV.

Just feels so surreal lol.
Half the time I don't know what I'm doing but the game is just so smooth.

And yeah playing it on a TV just feels so surreal. Like playing TWEWY on it level of surreal. It's fantastic.

Man the Switch has became the console of dreams in a way.

A true warrior always stays hydrated.
Advertising for Gatorade would be like after reading this:

1633902534520.png

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I spoiled myself so much about Dread (i'm weak), I think Hard Mode/100% is gonna be where I reallyyyyyy test my Metroid fan skills.

That or trying to sequence break, cuz what do you know, quite alot of them have been found, some bigger than other sure, but it's here.
I've only managed to sequence break a couple of energy tanks and power bomb expansions (which I can't use yet since I haven't found the initial upgrade). Curious to see if they're any significant skips once I finish the game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I’ve haven’t gotten to play much Metroid, but I did manage to avoid everything on the game. I only watched the announcement trailer and the footage from the last direct.

Ive been having a blast going on blind though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom