• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

No mods online anymore, so here I go.

I find the idea of adding horny stuff to trailers for stuff unrelated as a whole from that as a sign of desperation to get people to see movies because they don't know how to sell It.

I remember when I was a child, and the new Star Trek movie releasing was Into Darkness I think. I was more of a Star Wars kid, but I was always curious to someday see what Star Trek was like.

However, someone at the marketing team who thought to be big brain or something decided to add a scene to the trailers where one of the female characters was entirely on a bikini alone, and even 9 years old me looked at that and said "why are they putting this on a trailer for a Space movie? It isn't making me find the trailer better than any of the Star Wars ones".
Needless to say, I never watched the movie and It seems I did right. Apparently people disliked It and the girl thing was a desperate attempt at getting people to see It.

So yeah, if you are making for example a horror movie don't try to push the marketing with horny stuff.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I find the idea of adding horny stuff to trailers for stuff unrelated as a whole from that as a sign of desperation to get people to see movies because they don't know how to sell It.

I remember when I was a child, and the new Star Trek movie releasing was Into Darkness I think. I was more of a Star Wars kid, but I was always curious to someday see what Star Trek was like.

However, someone at the marketing team who thought to be big brain or something decided to add a scene to the trailers where one of the female characters was entirely on a bikini alone, and even 9 years old me looked at that and said "why are they putting this on a trailer for a Space movie? It isn't making me find the trailer better than any of the Star Wars ones".
Needless to say, I never watched the movie and It seems I did right. Apparently people disliked It and the girl thing was a desperate attempt at getting people to see It.

So yeah, if you are making for example a horror movie don't try to push the marketing with horny stuff.
Sex sells, but it's getting increasingly obvious that boobs and butts are just a marketing ploy to mask up bad movies.

D

Deleted member

JD swinging the horny jail hammer out here like Capt America in Endgame
I wish I had that hammer when watching Last Unicorn earlier.
I am never looking at trees the same again.
When one goes through the stuff I had to deal with during December and somehow making It out with a part of your sanity still left, you do need to own a horny jail hammer to keep yourself safe.
and a spray to put stalkers away.

Encounter from Metal Gear starts playing
:ultsnake:"Argh. Coronel. I'm getting cornered by a Smashboards mod."
Coronel: "Can't do much, sorry"

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

They've been doing that for so long that it was outright mocked in at least one trailer:

Also, RIP Alan Rickman.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ew no notifications due to the lack of activitation from 👁👁👁👁

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just bought Sonic 2 on the switch eshop during it's new years sale, on my god this game has save states, i can actually get the chaos emeralds.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Images of the new live-action Mortal Kombat.

As of now, bound to come out in April. That could change though.

If this film doesn't up the Scorpion's Revenge, there's definitely something wrong...
TheMightyP TheMightyP Big congrats on landing the role dude! 🙏

D

Deleted member

this is a modern day ****post made 8 years ahead of it’s time

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

why yes the role literally name “hypnotist” can in fact hypnotise people, thank you PipeTron

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Question for anyone who can answer. Please. Rank the Final Fantasy Games by level of gameplay similarity to FF7R. 1 being the least, 20 being the most.
There’s not really any that’s like it. The closest thing is FFXV but it’s basically just hold down one button and do spells every once in a while. So close to a 10 or 15? The only game that’ll be similar to FFVIIR is it’s sequels and the upcoming FFXVI. Which looks incredible by the way.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
In other movie media related news...

HOLY MOTHER OF ****!!!!

SON OF A MOTHER ******* ** ****!!!!

Zinith Zinith Mamboo07 Mamboo07 @JDCabrera DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 @Madame Lesley Pokelego999 Pokelego999

EVERYONE THAT'S A FAN OF GODZILLA, KONG OR JUST KAIJU IN GENERAL!

ALL OF YOU GET OVER HERE! NOW!!!!
I am in! I am not one of those users, but I am definitely excited for this!

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

HOLY MOTHER OF ****!!!!

Zinith Zinith Mamboo07 Mamboo07 @JDCabrera DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 @Madame Lesley Pokelego999 Pokelego999

Hurt I wasn’t tagged but that’s pretty damn exciting. I just hope it’s good. I was pretty disappointed in King of the Monsters.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hurt I wasn’t tagged but that’s pretty damn exciting. I just hope it’s good. I was pretty disappointed in King of the Monsters.
I wasn't aware you were a fan of giant monsters in general.

Join the party then my fellow kaiju brethren. ^_^

Also sorry you were disappointed with King of the Monsters. Hope this film proves to be better for you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

HOLY MOTHER OF ****!!!!

Wait, they are moving the release date earlier without even releasing a trailer?

Weird.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

HOLY MOTHER OF ****!!!!

That reminds me, I need to watch the original Godzilla and King Kong films.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I wasn't aware you were a fan of giant monsters in general.

Join the party then my fellow kaiju brethren. ^_^

Also sorry you were disappointed with King of the Monsters. Hope this film proves to be better for you.
I think you and I were the ones that discussed why. The mom. But I loved loved Skull Island so if it can be on par with that and Godzilla 2014 I’m sure I’ll love it. I still enjoyed KotM but it just didn’t land in all places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom