• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I like Lilo and Stitch more than Frozen. Mostly out of “I saw Lilo and Stitch first” bias, but over time I think it works better.

Unrelated, Yuji Naka confirmed on twitter that the music for Sonic 3 was done by Michael Jackson.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'd just rather see Disney continue to try doing something different most notably as were seeing with the upcoming Strange World.
I mean it's not like Princess movies are all they make. Yeah there was Encanto but that's just a modern fantasy musical, not really a princess movie. Turning Red was pretty dang popular and was different.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This is an important question, is Taion palns lighter then his skin? I need to know if they kniw how to make black/dark skinned people or did the common mistake of making their whole body one colors show up here again?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean it's not like Princess movies are all they make. Yeah there was Encanto but that's just a modern fantasy musical, not really a princess movie. Turning Red was pretty dang popular and was different.
True, true. Definitely enjoyed Encanto for what it was.

Still can't believe I'd see a day where Disney/Pixar would make a movie about puberty and periods tho. xD

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It was more about coming of age and generational trauma with helicopter parenring. The puberty part was way overblown.
Not gonna lie, it feels like a lot of people saw a movie with a teen protagonist, saw the riot over the film having tampons in one brief scene, and just assumed puberty was some massive, prevalent theme without watching the movie first. There's a lot more to take away from Turning Red than simply "PIXAR PUT WHAAAT IN THEIR FILM?"

And having tampons, a normal, everyday object in your film, does not make it about puberty, haha.

Which version is this, may I ask?
I'm playing the PC version.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not gonna lie, it feels like a lot of people saw a movie with a teen protagonist, saw the riot over the film having tampons in one brief scene, and just assumed puberty was some massive, prevalent theme without watching the movie first. There's a lot more to take away from Turning Red than simply "PIXAR PUT WHAAAT IN THEIR FILM?"

And having tampons, a normal, everyday object in your film, does not make it about puberty, haha.

I'm playing the PC version.
I should probably warn you, I read somewhere that the achievements do not seem to work on the Xbox version.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Flight race:

1655993516104.png

“Me Flight Rukh. Me fly to world’s end. Me drop you if you tired.”

Alignment: Neutral-Law

Origin: Arabic mythology. Enormous birds of prey that can be found in different Middle Eastern fairy tales. It’s said to prey on elephants, taking them up to the sky with their talons and dropping them from a height to eat the smashed body. They are vicious and take vengeance if their eggs are harmed by sailors. In Ethiopia, it is said that a rukh brought the final piece of wood necessary to complete Solomon’s Temple.

Skills: Wind Breath, Zandyne, Axel Claw, Charge

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Vile race.

You know the drill; this demon would be perfect as a giant overworld encounter in SMT V. I really like this design, as it looks like a landscape from an upper perspective, reflecting how sometimes rukhs flying slowly would be mixed up with mountains. Despite their only real thing being, well, big, Rukh is usually a powerful demon with strong wind skills.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Only four months until Black Adam.

Originally was gonna be over a month until being delayed.

Nice to see one of DC's best known anti-heroes get a movie. Dwayne Johnson and Egyptian Mythology to boot!

Also Dwayne Johnson playing someone who isn't good guy, granted Teth-Adam while not truly a villain, isn't exactly pure of heart being the anti-hero he is.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Now Brad Buxer said that Jackson worked on 1 track for Sonic 3. The credits theme was actually Buxer and became Jackson's Stranger in Moscow. Now Jackson didn't quite like the Genesisi soundfont and had Buxter go through is songs and make changes.

Now Ice Cap was Buxer as well, so that leaves two left: Launch Base and Carnival Night. Now givem that Buxer was MJ's producer and given the similarities, I'm gonna go on a limb and say that the one MJ worked on was Launch Base Zone

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can't believe Sonic's Twitter showed Sonic celebrating his birthday with Chip

This is amazing.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Only four months until Black Adam.

Originally was gonna be over a month until being delayed.

Nice to see one of DC's best known anti-heroes get a movie. Dwayne Johnson and Egyptian Mythology to boot!

Also Dwayne Johnson playing someone who isn't good guy, granted Teth-Adam while not truly a villain, isn't exactly pure of heart being the anti-hero he is.
Does Black Adam really borrow much from Egyptian mythology?

From what I've seen, it seems limited to aesthetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom