• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
One of these days, I will be added to Smash. And like- there won't even be an update or anything. You'll just boot the game up one day and I'll be there on the roster. Standing there. Menacingly.
Guh will voice every character.

Not just in Smash. Every character in the world is now Guh.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If there is one thing I like a lot about Gravity Falls, it's that they shut down Wendy and Dipper. Not because I'm a Dipcifica kind of guy, but a lot of kids shows do **** like, "Oh, you'd be my dream if you were older", or "Just wait some years and I'll consider" with like a kiss on the cheek and idk that its really ****ing weird when you think about it. I like that GF just shuts that down stating that yeah Dipper is too young for Wendy and Wendy only sees him as a little brother of sorts and they'll never get together without the angsty drama or anything.
Another great part of this is when Wendy and Robbie break up, Dipper tries to shoot his shot and unlike any lesser show, Dipper is shown as being in the wrong for doing so as Wendy's clearly heartbroken and is insulted by the idea

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Another great part of this is when Wendy and Robbie break up, Dipper tries to shoot his shot and unlike any lesser show, Dipper is shown as being in the wrong for doing so as Wendy's clearly heartbroken and is insulted by the idea
Only show I know that did something like that. Possibly the most realistic way a 1-sided crush/love triangle was portrayed in a kids (though GF stretches that) show.

Also, Robbie really was a 16 year old beefing with a 12 year old.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Only show I know that did something like that. Possibly the most realistic way a 1-sided crush/love triangle was portrayed in a kids (though GF stretches that) show.

Also, Robbie really was a 16 year old beefing with a 12 year old.
As someone who's been both 16 and 12 I can safely say that 12 year olds are clowns and 16 year olds are edgy clowns so yeah it adds up

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh also, I'm only now realizing that I forgot to post this, but I made a quick little script to toy around with some villains I made for a small RPG I plan to make later down the line.

Here's some quick character descriptions, so you all know who these folks are:
Ares - As the main antagonist, Ares is a cunning, calculating individual, who will do whatever is necessary to achieve his goals. He sees the world as a broken place, and seeks to destroy it, and create a "better world" in it's stead. The way he sees it, the happiness of those in his new world far outweigh the suffering he brings in this one.

Dust - How can a hero get up and keep fighting, no matter how many times they fail, no matter how many times they are beaten down? To Ares, that's because heroes have people worth fighting for, and people that are counting on them. Thus, Ares adopted a young child named Dust, who he would raise to be the "hero" of his army. Throughout her childhood, she was trained to fight, and she began to develop a violent, unruly personality. She excels in hand-to-hand combat, and she also has a mechanical arm, capable of stretching to great lengths, firing lasers, etc.

Bolts - Bolts, properly known as SU-01 (Service Unit 01), is a robot servant to Dust. He tends to her needs when Ares isn't around, and he genuinely does care for her wellbeing. Due to an oversight in his coding, he's actually more obedient to Dust than he is Ares, and he'd pick her over Ares any day of the week, haha.

And here's the script itself, if anyone wants to give it a read!
(The target mentioned in this script is the main protagonist, who Dust has been tasked with killing.)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What you really need is to suppress your thirst /s
Now, to be fair, who wouldn't be mesmorized by her gigantic pair of eyes that stare right into your soul.

They go deeper and deeper and...
see Noipoi…can a man not want to look at her perfectly round eyes all day while fighting armies of enemies?

Just for that I’m giving MightyP your black rights card, and then giving him a neverending free pass to respect any woman not named Zendaya he wants

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wishlisht for Spyro 4
  • Writing like a show like Adventure Time or Steven Universe, not in the literal sense of how the characters actually speak and act, but moreso in the sense of it starting off more lighthearted and then getting more serious and dramatic as you grow with the characters. Allowing you to comfortably blend classic with Legends.
  • Elemental Switching, Fire, Electricity, Ice, and Earth. Perhaps using them to perform moves from Legends like the Bolder Roll and Ice Tail without making it a beat em up. Those moves could be useful in a platformer. I mean I'd be lying if I said I didn't want those expanded combat moves back too but like there's no way in hell they would come back so I'll settle for just elemental "power ups".
  • Incorporation of Cynder, Gaul, and Malefor.
  • The Return of the playable characters from 3 as well as making Hunter, Elora, and Bianca really playable for the first time.
  • Aside from the additional characters, no minigames. No skateboarding, no submarines, no ice-skating, no boxing, just play as these characters as you run, jump, and use their special abilities in levels.
  • Playable Cynder with her unique elements of Poison, Fear, Wind, and Shadow. Perhaps in some sort of new game+ mode? Or maybe even save that for Spyro 5 after she's joined the good guys. I'm the kind of person who switches to Coco as soon as she can and doesn't look back in Crash so I kind of wanted a similar thing here though. And Ember is kind of lame.
  • Ineptune. She's a cool boss design. Would like to see her back.
  • A Crash Bandicoot cameo, but not a full on Crash World like I saw some leaks saying a while back. That would be kind of weird. I mean maybe they could pull it off, idk.
  • Rescuing Dragons, both trapped crystal dragons and dragon eggs. Like a blend of Spyro 1 and 3.
  • Cameos from Gnasty Gnorc, Ripto, and the Enchantress without them being full bosses or main antagonists.
  • An appearance of Kaos from Skylanders. Probably the only character from that series I'd genuinely like to see again. Maybe after a cameo or smaller but still major appearance here he could even headline the next game as the main antagonist?
  • Heck, since they're owned by Microsoft now, why now a Banjo-Kazooie cameo? It's the same genre of game.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They are literally emotionless blank slates. That's canon, it's part of their character.
I mean yeah, but there are other things to like, like uh... her fanart.

Wait hold up let me rephrase

Edit: Ok, but seriously fandom does a lot when it comes to carrying blank slate characters. I'm gonna use Pokemon for an example, all of the player trainers are blank slates, bit the fandom assigns their own personality to them. Gloria is the pissed off Scottish girl, Red is like Shadow the Hedgehog but Pokemon, the SuMo protagonists space out 24/7, etc. I feel like same deal with blank slate FE protags.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah probably
I am now the lonely
2C48AA72-BF45-41C8-88C7-96F885274BE6.jpeg

What else is there to like?

And she isn’t even attractive in the first place.
nobody is attractive once you stare at Fredinand Von Aegir
I mean yeah, but there are other things to like, like uh... her fanart.

Wait hold up let me rephrase

Edit: Ok, but seriously fandom does a lot when it comes to carrying blank slate characters. I'm gonna use Pokemon for an example, all of the player trainers are blank slates, bit the fandom assigns their own personality to them. Gloria is the pissed off Scottish girl, Red is like Shadow the Hedgehog but Pokemon, the SuMo protagonists space out 24/7, etc. I feel like same deal with blank slate FE protags.
they get most of their personality through Smash and Heroes…but those are not canon unfortunately

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The police arrested them before yeah? Like multiple times?

Why didn't they just detain them? Now they're on the loose and somehow the cops can't find him? Ik they play the Flash but they ain't that fast.
from chokeslaming a woman for whatever reason threatening to kill the KKK to attacking people in Hawaii twice to the whole teen accusation and not to taunting the cops…it’s impressive how Ezra doesn’t just stay locked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom