• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I thought the narrative was Unleashed was kinda rad, but very flawed. Particularly during the night stages.

I assume thoughts have changed?
Was always GOATED. Don’t be fooled by the Colors PROPAGANDA.

The narrative went from worst game of all time to best game of all time (just ignore the Werehog, he's optional)
You dare speak ill of masterclass game design? ACKSHUALLY, I always liked Unleashed AND I enjoyed the Werehog, and Colors was always terrible. Sheep have finally woken up and realized it’s actually worse than 06: Forces is better than that trash. Heck, even Boom at least had some SOUL. You seen Colors level design? Blocky. Souless. TOO. MUCH. 2D. DISGUSTING, GENERIC MARIO-PANDERING TRASH!!!11!1!

AND DON’T GET ME STARTED ON PONTAC AND GRAFF.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hmmm, I am not sure if they should aim that high, given the past performances of Sonic games, the 3D ones. Is this even a good idea to do on their part?
I mean no company is ever gonna say that they're trying to get bad reviews, so it's just pr speak.

Now, I would say that after Forces the only place they can go is up... but this is Sonic we all know it can sink even lower.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean no company is ever gonna say that they're trying to get bad reviews, so it's just pr speak.

Now, I would say that after Forces the only place they can go is up... but this is Sonic we all know it can sink even lower.
Pretty much. I still love the blue blur anyway. By the way...

The narrative went from worst game of all time to best game of all time (just ignore the Werehog, he's optional)
Yeah, when you have beaten the game itself. :p

MooMew64

Let’s say, hypothetically speaking

The unenlightened masses cannot make the judgement call

And theoretically, they give up free will forever, their voices won’t be heard at all

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m very surprised by how nobody here has gone through some emotional damage after today’s Owl House episode

cause wow

also I got to the DTD part of KH2 and I accidentally broke down laughing

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the proof
CD9544A9-DF1C-43C4-8F10-37C68E3A2724.jpeg

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I’m very surprised by how nobody here has gone through some emotional damage after today’s Owl House episode

cause wow

also I got to the DTD part of KH2 and I accidentally broke down laughing
Thats my favorite part of the game, because it feels like the FF characters are actually doing something for once.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thats my favorite part of the game, because it feels like the FF characters are actually doing something for once.
I personally got giddy when I saw Tifa…lemme stop…cause I know that happiness will soon die once I deal with that one heartless battle that I assume everybody hates

Noipoi

Howdy!

MooMew64

I got Sonic World to work on the Steam Deck!

...Through streaming. With the Moonlight app. It doesn't like detecting the Steam Deck's controls through Steam Link, so you have to use Moonlight because that for some reason just works (probably because it's remote desktop sharing with the host instead of Steamlink's focus on focused application streaming).

It will 99% never work native, because the method it used to have to run on Linux required an extremely out of date Wine from 2017, and an old, janky app no one really uses anymore AFAIK. This is pretty much the only way short of putting Windows on the Deck, and heck naw to that, that's a terrible idea IMO lol.

Y'know what? A win's a win, I'll take it.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Next few months are going to be fun for figure collecting. Ike comes out in three weeks, followed by Marth & Lucas/Kouki in early/late July. Not sure what Hitoshi Ariga has planned for the next Pokemon figure he'll work on* or if they'll take a break and do some reprints? Selene/Ethan have become crazy expensive on the aftermarket.

*Assuming he's not too busy with Gen 9 or Pokemon Masters.

Literally less than 24 hours after I say this, this comes out. lol

Surprised they're giving Nate Oshawott. I wonder who Hilbert will receive then? Victini maybe? Rosa getting a reprint is also pretty nice. She's gotten pretty pricy as well.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Femme race:

1653230016728.png

“I’m Femme Jahi. Are you my new partner? How so very nice to meet you.”

Alignment: Dark-Chaos

Origin: Zoroastrian mythology. A demoness of lasciviousness and the consort of Angra Mainyu, also known as Jeh. Her tempting allure hides a hideous stench and filth, and her gaze alone can kill men. Jahi is responsible for the murder of Gavaevodata, the primordial bovine creature that all animals originated from. After she and Angra Mainyu slept together, he entrusted her with the task of causing women to have menstrual cycles just like her.

Skills: Marin Karin, Bufudyne, Zandyne, Diamrita

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Vile race.

Insects again, this time Jahi’s constant comparisons with anything dirty make the resemblance more justified. I’m not going to talk about the disgusting points all over her body but let’s hope they are just bug bites. At first, I thought the crescents on her head and hips were a bit random but then I realized that it symbolizes moon cycles, as a reference to her being the source of periods, which makes her the vilest demon I covered so far.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I love how even the alt costumes in multiversus have unique lines and interactions.

Like when I was playing shaggy’s uncle, and fighting bugs.

Bugs said “Your gonna pay for that you know? Because your rich”

gave me a laugh when I heard it. Really loving the attention to detail.

MooMew64

We're in a bit of a quiet period for game news ATM, and I'm running out of ways to whine about the Sonic fandom and the Pokémon fandom.

Quick, everyone, help me come up with some new material, or a way to freshen up the dead-horse topics. Either works.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo finna drop that XC3 SE in the middle of some random night when I'm not looking so all the scalpers can scoop them up first, aren't they?

I just want that art book, fam. :drsad:
With a few scans from the internet, a printer, and a stapler, you can get the entire art book for free.

*quality may be pretty poor

osby

Smash Obsessed
We're in a bit of a quiet period for game news ATM, and I'm running out of ways to whine about the Sonic fandom and the Pokémon fandom.

Quick, everyone, help me come up with some new material, or a way to freshen up the dead-horse topics. Either works.
Pick a new fandom to complain about.

But not SMT, I call dibs on that one.

MooMew64

Pick a new fandom to complain about.

But not SMT, I call dibs on that one.
Mario fans have been vocal again lately, AND Strikers is out soon, so Mario fans it is.

Post this to scare Paper Mario fans:

Mario fans when the grass texture isn't 16K and the game isn't a fourth-dimensional, cosmic journey for the senses experience (the devs are lazy!)

Mario fans giving you a 10-hour long lecture on how the franchise is soulless now and you legally cannot enjoy the Tennis and Golf games on Switch, or the current state of the Paper Mario series:

Mario fans when they see children enjoy Mario:

1491171618382.gif

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Mario fans have been vocal again lately, AND Strikers is out soon, so Mario fans it is.

Post this to scare Paper Mario fans:

Mario fans when the grass texture isn't 16K and the game isn't a fourth-dimensional, cosmic journey for the senses experience (the devs are lazy!)

Mario fans giving you a 10-hour long lecture on how the franchise is soulless now and you legally cannot enjoy the Tennis and Golf games on Switch, or the current state of the Paper Mario series:

Mario fans when they see children enjoy Mario:

Yeah I think Paper Mario's a neat franchise.

MooMew64

Holy crud, GameStop's "retro" category on their website is so bad lol.

Looks like I'll be looking for Ma and Pa shops.

...Which I will not be naming, 'cause if I did, I'm sure it'll somehow dox me. :012:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom