• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
With the release of the RR movie and further talk about Multiversus, figured it’d be a good time to bring up a revamped roster for my Disney Channel Toon-ed Up Melee platform fighter

Ducktales (2017)
-Scrooge McDuck
-Webby
-Launchpad McQuack
-Gizmoduck
-Magica DeSpell

Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers
-Gadget

Darkwing Duck
-Darkwing Duck
-Gosalyn
-Megavolt

Goof Troop
-Max Goof

Talespin
-Kit Cloudkicker

Gargoyles
-Goliath
-Demona

The Proud Family
-Suga Mama

Recess
-Spinelli

Kim Possible
-Kim Possible
-Shego

Dave the Barbarian
-Dave the Barbarian

American Dragon: Jake Long
-Jake Long

The Replacements
-**** Daring

Phineas and Ferb
-Phineas and Ferb
-Agent P
-Doctor Doofenshmirtz

Gravity Falls
-Dipper and Mabel
-Grunkle Stan
-Bill Cipher
-Rumble McSkirmish

Wander Over Yander
-Wander and Sylvia
-Lord Dominator

Star Vs. The Forces of Evil
-Star Butterfly
-Marco Diaz

Amphibia
-Anne & Sprig
-Sasha

Big City Greens
-Cricket

The Owl House
-Luz
-Amity
-Eda & King
-Hunter

Might create a visual for this in the near future
Sasha mains after fighting a laggy zoner on wifi for the 4720847th time

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Cool animation, too bad it's soulless.
Yeah, too bad the game is terrible. SMH lazy devs, Nintendo at it again.

So Multiversus is good?
It’s pretty great. WB Games have a real winner here if they can provide consistent content, well priced Battle Passes, and hype roster additions. I would probably say with enough polish, it could be Rivals of Aether tier good and be a legit Smash alternative.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
With the release of the RR movie and further talk about Multiversus, figured it’d be a good time to bring up a revamped roster for my Disney Channel Toon-ed Up Melee platform fighter

Ducktales (2017)
-Scrooge McDuck
-Webby
-Launchpad McQuack
-Gizmoduck
-Magica DeSpell

Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers
-Gadget

Darkwing Duck
-Darkwing Duck
-Gosalyn
-Megavolt

Goof Troop
-Max Goof

Talespin
-Kit Cloudkicker

Gargoyles
-Goliath
-Demona

The Proud Family
-Suga Mama

Recess
-Spinelli

Kim Possible
-Kim Possible
-Shego

Dave the Barbarian
-Dave the Barbarian

American Dragon: Jake Long
-Jake Long

The Replacements
-**** Daring

Phineas and Ferb
-Phineas and Ferb
-Agent P
-Doctor Doofenshmirtz

Gravity Falls
-Dipper and Mabel
-Grunkle Stan
-Bill Cipher
-Rumble McSkirmish

Wander Over Yander
-Wander and Sylvia
-Lord Dominator

Star Vs. The Forces of Evil
-Star Butterfly
-Marco Diaz

Amphibia
-Anne & Sprig
-Sasha

Big City Greens
-Cricket

The Owl House
-Luz
-Amity
-Eda & King
-Hunter

Might create a visual for this in the near future
I would suggest adding Lord Hater, Toffee, Grime, King Andrias, Lilith and Emperor Belos to the roster among others.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, too bad the game is terrible. SMH lazy devs, Nintendo at it again.

It’s pretty great. WB Games have a real winner here if they can provide consistent content, well prices Battle Passes, an hype roster additions. I would probably say with enough polish, it could be Rivals of Aether tier good and be a legit Smash alternative.
Damn shame NASB
937081462434455633.png

MooMew64

So when should we expect forlks to start calling Multiversus a Smash Killer?
Never

‘Cause it plays almost nothing like it when you get in-depth with it, lol. NASB went all in after the Melee kids, which was a horrible idea. This game is very much doing its own thing, which is a huge strength of the game. They share a genre, but are very different.

Last edited:

MooMew64

Somewhat related to the topic, but I'm glad overly critical reviewers like Cinemasins and Mr. Enter aren't that popular with the new gen.

Like I'm not saying that being critical is bad but they deadass ruined consuming any form of media because I was nitpicking every single thing like they did.
Nitpicking is what happens when you’re struggling to find something genuinely bad and you need to will flaws into being.

It’s basically there for reviewers who are too scared to say something is good. Or they have some kind of weird beef with the work: One of the two. :drshrug:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nitpicking is what happens when you’re struggling to find something genuinely bad and you need to will flaws into being.

It’s basically there for reviewers who are too scared to say something is good. Or they have some kind of weird beef with the work: One of the two. :drshrug:
Yeah but that style was hella popular and I feel like it ruined criticism as a whole because now it's one small issue and suddenly the whole thing is bad.

And in terms of online, it does beat Smash.

But the issue is, it lacks everything else that makes Smash great. NASB has hands down better online, but it's missing 99% of the other content that makes Smash great.
I feel like that was the biggest issue was they they banked on rollback and wavedashing hard. And it worked for a bit, until people played the game and realized it was pretty ass.

That said, it is funny how Smash still lacks rollback and will probably never get it either, yet a bargin bin game has it from the get go.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah but that style was hella popular and I feel like it ruined criticism as a whole because now it's one small issue and suddenly the whole thing is bad.

I feel like that was the biggest issue was they they banked on rollback and wavedashing hard. And it worked for a bit, until people played the game and realized it was pretty ass.

That said, it is funny how Smash still lacks rollback and will probably never get it either, yet a bargin bin game has it from the get go.
Don't Bamco games notoriously lack rollback? Like, didn't Harada at one point say something akin to "We don't need rollback, you need better internet" or something close to that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Don't Bamco games notoriously lack rollback? Like, didn't Harada at one point say something akin to "We don't need rollback, you need better internet" or something close to that.
Yeah, Tekken's online is terrible and Harada refused to add Rollback for whatever reason. For Nintendo, Smash is actually an outlier because aside from N64 online and Splat2 iirc their games use rollback of some sort.

Now, Rollbavk =/= good, bevause SFV has rollback and it's... um...

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, Tekken's online is terrible and Harada refused to add Rollback for whatever reason. For Nintendo, Smash is actually an outlier because aside from N64 online and Splat2 iirc their games use rollback of some sort.

Now, Rollbavk =/= good, bevause SFV has rollback and it's... um...
Pretty sure it's because those games were built with rollback from the ground up, and adding it post-release can be difficult/expensive.

I'm sure Smash had a good budget for the DLC

But I don't think Nintendo wanted to put much money into the game itself aside from writing up DLC contracts.

MooMew64

Pretty sure it's because those games were built with rollback from the ground up, and adding it post-release can be difficult/expensive.

But I don't think Nintendo wanted to put much money into the game itself aside from writing up DLC contracts.
TBH part of why I think Splat3 is happening so soon is ‘cause Nintendo and the devs wanna get Splatoon on their new infrastructure they’ve been building up.

TBH recent Nintendo releases have had good internet, they’ve been working pretty well behind the scenes and are slowly getting better.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
TBH part of why I think Splat3 is happening so soon is ‘cause Nintendo and the devs wanna get Splatoon on their new infrastructure they’ve been building up.

TBH recent Nintendo releases have had good internet, they’ve been working pretty well behind the scenes and are slowly getting better.
I mean Splat2's internet had an unused fuction that checked if it was being run on Windows 98 it literally can't get any worse.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon got a HUGE update earlier this month and it’s now even better than it was before and it was already wonderful. It makes the game faster. It makes the enemies more aggressive. It makes exploring more fun. It just makes the game that much better.

If you haven’t bought into this game yet, please do. It’s a beautiful, masterfully crafted, Roguevania that deserves WAY more love.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Yeah NRS had a whole talk about rollback netcode and how having to add it into MKX took a metric **** load of work to do.

If good online isn't there from the outset of development then it's gonna be a sizable future problem if you want to add it.

****ed up how it basically took a pandemic for Japanese fighting game Devs to realise how important it is to make sure a core part of your game is actually good from the get go.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Somewhat related to the topic, but I'm glad overly critical reviewers like Cinemasins and Mr. Enter aren't that popular with the new gen.

Like I'm not saying that being critical is bad but they deadass ruined consuming any form of media because I was nitpicking every single thing like they did.
Ah but you see, that's how they get you, by making you think nitpicking is criticism, you think they are critical, ergo, you believe they are smart and worth listening to

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord

There was definitely a bad epidemic of Mr. Enter types on YouTube who literally could only come up with negative thoughts, and pretty stupid ones at that. But honestly I've never gotten this massive hate wave of Cinemasins that's built up for the past few years. When I watched him as a kid, I never considered what he said criticism, just jokes summarizing the movie. Funny jokes? Not usually, but jokes nonetheless. Of course maybe it is criticism and I'm the stupid one but yeah

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There was definitely a bad epidemic of Mr. Enter types on YouTube who literally could only come up with negative thoughts, and pretty stupid ones at that. But honestly I've never gotten this massive hate wave of Cinemasins that's built up for the past few years. When I watched him as a kid, I never considered what he said criticism, just jokes summarizing the movie. Funny jokes? Not usually, but jokes nonetheless. Of course maybe it is criticism and I'm the stupid one but yeah
The thing with CinemaSins is they often blur the line between actual criticisms and their jokes by framing them both the same way. They also call themselves satire to rid themselves of criticism and there are countless examples of them lying about a movie for the sake of making something up to criticize. Then of course there's a surprisingly large amount of CinemaSins fans who unironically believe that if the video has a lot of sins, then the movie must be bad and not worth watching

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got a lot of drawing done this week. Gonna get one more done, most of them are characters I never really drew before. Luckily most of my art from earlier this year gave me the chance to draw the usual choices. I want to get one more done. Another character I haven't gotten to too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I didn't realize the Don't Starve devs made Shank and Mark of the Ninja. Wonder if they'll ever do a Shank 3? There's something about the Grindhouse style that works wonders for a beat 'em up, and their artwork has gotten even better with a lot of their newer titles.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers was some experience.

Some parts I laughed my ass of at but some of the more adult themes were a bit weird to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom