• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
There was that one shot of Batman walking slowly towards the Penguin's car and when he crouched to look at him menacingly because he was too close I just straight up laughed. There is no way this moment was intended to be taken seriously. Movie's still a banger though
I feel like they were trying to make the Riddler serious at first but then when it came to the bomb riddle scene they just said **** it and then made him funny as ****

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dayum! The Batman is close to $700 million!

Quite the jump given last week it was just $603 million.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Anyways,

I got Project 06 working on my Steam Deck.

The irony that it's the first 3D Sonic I've natively installed on the device isn't lost on me. It's 'cause I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna get the mod loaders for SA1, 2, and Gens to work on linux: It's doable, I just need to figure out a solution that will work with SteamOS.

I'm not wasting space on Forces lol :114:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's not canon so most Star Wars fans don't care about it. Yes, this is actually how Star Wars fans think, they don't care whether the media they're consuming is good or not, they only care about whether or not it fits the grand narrative that culminates in Rey Skywalker.

Now Visions wasn't my cup of tea for the most part but I wouldn't be caught dead ranking it below the Sequel trilogy in terms of validity
I'm not really talking about Star Wars fans, I'm not really a big Star Wars guy myself, so I'm not in the community. moreso folks in general. And I'm definitely gonna go over my thoughts in more detail in the video, but overall? I think the show is solid, I just wish it was more consistently good. I REALLY like some episodes (The Village Bride and Lop and Ocho, namely) but a lot of them range from just good to pretty boring. It was definitely neat to see each studio's spin on the IP, though, even if not all of them hit the mark for me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It didn't actually occur to me until now but when I really think about it. Black Panther is basically The Lion King meets Coming To America.

Both films even coincidentally stars James Earl Stone as father of the protagonists.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
got that MK8D Booster Pack…
C
O
C
O
N
U
T

mall
also I’m no longer sure if this means I’ll end up not playing Nick Kart Racers 2 as much compared to the goated Mario Kart track

MooMew64

Steam ROM manager is neato.

...And boy howdy am I glad that backing up your library has still remained a legal thing, lol. Some of my OG copies of these games are showing their age, I don't think my poor old used copy of Luigi's Spooky House would run through a whole playthough anymore.

Would be nice if I could play these on my Switch and save myself the hassle of doing it this way, but hey, at least Nintendo can't stop you from backing up your own stuff.

Although, one of my project goals for later this year or next year is to source them from my own copies. Being my own supplier cuts out...Headaches, for stuff I have a copy of, anyway. Out of print, abandonware stuff is still a pain.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I ****ing forgot Poison Ivy gave Harley a bit of enhanced physiology, super human strength, and a healing factor…with Ivy chemicals…

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Steam ROM manager is neato.

...And boy howdy am I glad that backing up your library has still remained a legal thing, lol. Some of my OG copies of these games are showing their age, I don't think my poor old used copy of Luigi's Spooky House would run through a whole playthough anymore.

Would be nice if I could play these on my Switch and save myself the hassle of doing it this way, but hey, at least Nintendo can't stop you from backing up your own stuff.

Although, one of my project goals for later this year or next year is to source them from my own copies. Being my own supplier cuts out...Headaches, for stuff I have a copy of, anyway. Out of print, abandonware stuff is still a pain.
What's with the dual Twin Snakes and Metroid Primes? Is one of the two Primes the Wii version?

Not 100% related to what you're doing but Linux gaming has gone pretty smoothly for me as well, but the one major snag I have just hit is that I need to run Starcraft II on low settings to keep the game from stuttering and otherwise having a low framerate, something I didn't need to deal with on Windows. I wonder if the same is true for other Blizzard games...

MooMew64

What's with the dual Twin Snakes and Metroid Primes? Is one of the two Primes the Wii version?

Not 100% related to what you're doing but Linux gaming has gone pretty smoothly for me as well, but the one major snag I have just hit is that I need to run Starcraft II on low settings to keep the game from stuttering and otherwise having a low framerate, something I didn't need to deal with on Windows. I wonder if the same is true for other Blizzard games...
The two Primes are different versions: The first one my bro grabbed for me was the Player's Choice version, which fixes speedrun tech and sequence breaks. The second one is the original 1.0.0 version, which is the one I have a physical copy of, and still retains tech and exploits!

...I just haven't gotten rid of the Player's Choice one 'cause I don't need to, lol. Twin Snakes is the two discs.

And yeah, Linux gaming has been great for me so far! Proton and ProtonGE really can accomplish some amazing things, and this is all withput me having implemented Bottles into anything yet. Couple that with Steam's buttery smooth remote play in-house streaming and the Steam Deck is probably one of the most fun ways to play your games right now, the convenience is unreal.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not sure how this is planned to work but go off.
I mean the Sonic games is really rich with characters, lore and worldbuilding. I can see this becoming a movie saga like Harry Potter and Fast and Furious films.

First movie did well, reactions to the second film is being praised and getting positive reviews which is no surprise given how more fun and bigger the film is likely to be an example of a sequel better then the first and how it should be done. Starting off small before going bigger.

I still nominate Alison Brie and Keanu Reeves for the voices of Amy and Shadow.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Tried to come up with a dream voice cast for movie versions of the other major Sonic characters myself:

Amy: Stephanie Beatriz or Kimiko Glenn
Cream: Not sure
Shadow: Stephen Amell
Rouge: Gina Rodriguez
Omega: Marvin Jones III
Vector: Omar Benson Miller
Espio: Simu Liu
Charmy: Emma Berman
Blaze: Cobie Smulders
Silver: Steven Yeun

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I really like it when a crossover series starts off as a straightforward crossover but the original characters made for this crossover end up developing their own original lore and eventually those characters could stand on their own without the stuff they crossed over with.

Although i can only think of three instances where this happened, two of them are in smash (King of fighters and Kingdom hearts), one will never be in smash. (Super Robot Wars)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The two Primes are different versions: The first one my bro grabbed for me was the Player's Choice version, which fixes speedrun tech and sequence breaks. The second one is the original 1.0.0 version, which is the one I have a physical copy of, and still retains tech and exploits!

...I just haven't gotten rid of the Player's Choice one 'cause I don't need to, lol. Twin Snakes is the two discs.
Ah, makes sense.

And if you do look in to Bottles, be sure to make custom bottles for each launcher. Battle.net for example needs a bottle using Proton-GE 6.21.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Oscars ****ting on animation yet again is giving me urges to rewatch the Helluva Boss series.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Batman: The Animated Series/The New Batman Adventures, Beast Wars, CatDog, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Extreme Dinosaurs, Godzilla: The Animated Series, Hilda, Helluva Boss, Primal, Rick & Morty, Scooby-Doo, Street Sharks, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003), The Angry Beavers, The Regular Show

Am bored. Just listing what I consider to be amongst my favorite cartoons ever.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hilda should've won 2019's Best Animated Feature.

Its movie also should've won 2022's Best Animated Film.

Primal should've won 2020's Best Animated Feature.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom