• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Today's especially Smashboards, huh?

Yes, I'm using Smashboards as an adjective, bite me English Major-ers.
Lol
Forget it.
"You're discUsting!" - Melia (w/ her initial head gear) from :4shulk:!

"NO one's exchanging in formAtion." - Jealous Girlfriend (What Would U do? W/ John Quinones)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I remember in 2013 thinking how Metal Gear Rising 2 was inevitable. It seemed like it was for so long. It did great, Platinum was on their A-Game at this point with Bayonetta and W101 releasing the next year and Scalebound being announced then as well, and Metal Gear was Konami’s flagship franchise. No way they wouldn’t capitalize on that! It was even teased!
Flash forward two years and Kojima’s name is taken off of MGSV’s Marketing, Silent Hills is cancelled, and Kojima is fired from Konami…Talk about whiplash man. What a shame we didn’t get MGR2.

Shroob

Sup?
I remember in 2013 thinking how Metal Gear Rising 2 was inevitable. It seemed like it was for so long. It did great, Platinum was on their A-Game at this point with Bayonetta and W101 releasing the next year and Scalebound being announced then as well, and Metal Gear was Konami’s flagship franchise. No way they wouldn’t capitalize on that! It was even teased!
Flash forward two years and Kojima’s name is taken off of MGSV’s Marketing, Silent Hills is cancelled, and Kojima is fired from Konami…Talk about whiplash man. What a shame we didn’t get MGR2.
I guess you could say

Your memes
End here

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ned's Declassified is what Nick should've brought back. In fact, Ned's actor even pitched a sequel with the original creator, but Nick rejected it (cause they make bad decisions).
The cast then proceed to make things worse on themselves by making sketchy statements regarding race and people of color.

So people dropped the idea of wanting it. Which is a shame, because it would have been fun to have the show back with the actors ruining it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Crazy that once Pokemon discourse has finally died on this site we immediately talk about **** like the ****ing Nutshack.

Shake it like a seizure.
This is what happens when they don’t give us a Pokémon presents when we all expected it.
Hey guys, did you know that in terms of male human and female Pokémon breeding, Vaporeon is the most compatible Pokémon for humans?
The true choice:
1645676975564.jpeg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At one point or another NATO will likely get involved. I don’t know if I could see an full fledged world war break out though. Simply because to many places in the world have the weapons and manpower to probably push Russia out of Ukraine easier they actually fighting in Russia. I don’t think Putin wants a full war either for those reasons, but also because he would likely know it be a risk for what he’s hoped to gain from this.

Which many people water is a key element in this. So I think the likelier option is this goes through NATO. The benefits out weigh the risks for that in terms of outcomes for both sides. Russia has been trying to get ahold of Ukraine for years, and won’t likely seek to push beyond that. Which sucks for the people living there, but again I do think sanctions could be in place or something worked out to try and ease tensions and resolve this problem safer and smarter.

Shroob

Sup?
At one point or another NATO will likely get involved. I don’t know if I could see an full fledged world war break out though. Simply because to many places in the world have the weapons and manpower to probably push Russia out of Ukraine easier they actually fighting in Russia. I don’t think Putin wants a full war either for those reasons, but also because he would likely know it be a risk for what he’s hoped to gain from this.

Which many people water is a key element in this. So I think the likelier option is this goes through NATO. The benefits out weigh the risks for that in terms of outcomes for both sides. Russia has been trying to get ahold of Ukraine for years, and won’t likely seek to push beyond that. Which sucks for the people living there, but again I do think sanctions could be in place or something worked out to try and ease tensions and resolve this problem safer and smarter.
NATO's about as useful as **** on a boar, and sanctions at this point won't do **** when Putin's basically blowing up their air force to weaken them in a full-scale invasion.

Best case scenario is that Ukraine gets dissolved into Russia at this point.

Worst? We all know.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
NATO's about as useful as ** on a boar, and sanctions at this point won't do ** when Putin's basically blowing up their air force to weaken them in a full-scale invasion.

Worst? We all know.
NATO is genuinely useless, but trith is, all that's gonna happen is some sanctions are gonne be put in place and then Russia steamrolls through Ukraine. It ****ing sucks, but what's even worse is that fighting Russia's imperialism would be even worse considering they're a superpower and a lot of NATO is a Superpower as well. That could be catostrophic. This whole situation sucks ****ing ass no matter how you slice or dice it. War just a business to serve the rich and powerful, nothing more, nothing less.

The best we can do is keep Ukrainians in our prayers, donate to their cause, if you know someone in Ukraine, check up on them, let some into your home for those close. I know it's small in the grand scheme of things, but they need any support possible.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
NATO's about as useful as ** on a boar, and sanctions at this point won't do ** when Putin's basically blowing up their air force to weaken them in a full-scale invasion.

Worst? We all know.
I mean if we are looking at it from the point of this is already a world war, the obvious answer is take out Putin and any successors. Easier said then done, but while assassinations start wars historically, they also end them. If it stays to Urkraine though this wouldn’t be on the table. Which would still suck because their people don’t deserve that. But honesty most communist countries should have been dealt with a long time ago.

Shroob

Sup?
NATO is genuinely useless, but trith is, all that's gonna happen is some sanctions are gonne be put in place and then Russia steamrolls through Ukraine. It ****ing sucks, but what's even worse is that fighting Russia's imperialism would be even worse considering they're a superpower and a lot of NATO is a Superpower as well. That could be catostrophic. This whole situation sucks ****ing ass no matter how you slice or dice it. War just a business to serve the rich and powerful, nothing more, nothing less.

The best we can do is keep Ukrainians in our prayers, donate to their cause, if you know someone in Ukraine, check up on them, let some into your home for those close. I know it's small in the grand scheme of things, but they need any support possible.
Pretty much. At this point, nothing's gonna stop Putin until he gets what he wants, and he will get what he wants. Full scale war would just be

Catastrophic.

I mean if we are looking at it from the point of this is already a world war, the obvious answer is take out Putin and any successors. Easier said then done, but while assassinations start wars historically, they also end them. If it stays to Urkraine though this wouldn’t be on the table. Which would still suck because their people don’t deserve that. But honesty most communist countries should have been dealt with a long time ago.
Yeah, that's absolutely suicide. Assassinating him would be probably the straw that breaks the camel's back that would lead to all out war. And let's not pretend he doesn't have legions of likeminded individuals ready at the chance he does somehow die.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pretty much. At this point, nothing's gonna stop Putin until he gets what he wants, and he will get what he wants. Full scale war would just be

Catastrophic.

Yeah, that's absolutely suicide. Assassinating him would be probably the straw that breaks the camel's back that would lead to all out war. And let's not pretend he doesn't have legions of likeminded individuals ready at the chance he does somehow die.
Regardless, if it invades outside of Ukraine it’s his suicide. There will be no hesitations to end a war by ending him, and seizing back control of what we he’s taken. Yes there’s probably a good few flowers up in their government like him. The general populace though, probably aren’t like him. If the leaders of the country fell and NATO aided them beyond there, it could paint a better future. Worst case, it leads to problems years from now with the same cycle being used to reset the pattern.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait, what?

Neither Russia or Ukraine have communist economies, what does it have to do with anything?

Shroob

Sup?
Regardless, if it invades outside of Ukraine it’s his suicide. There will be no hessststions
At this point, with how bold he's being

Even though I say this jokingly

It wouldn't surprise me if he goes full-on comic book villain and starts just firing out the nukes.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Its no longer a joke, an empty threat. It’s actually happening. It’s so surreal, I legitimately though Putin was just gonna pull another “Haha, got you!” Holy ****ing **** man. Putin doesn’t even care how it will affect his own citizens, let alone how it affects the Ukrainians. What an actual piece of ****.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, I've been seeing a lot of fear-mongering and misinfo lately, so please make sure you get news from trusted sources.
Yeah, nah assassinations would probably be the worst thing to happen. On that note Russia's actually capitalist, State Capitalist for 30+ years now. If anything, this invasion is to line their own pockets like almost every war ever.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait, what?

Neither Russia or Ukraine have communist economies, what does it have to do with anything?
The basis for issues in Russia I would honestly say come from the Soviet’s routes in communisms. There’s more to it for sure, but that definitely influences their outlook.
At this point, with how bold he's being

Even though I say this jokingly

It wouldn't surprise me if he goes full-on comic book villain and starts just firing out the nukes.
Perhaps, but I think multiple super powers would anticipate this and would act fast enough to stop them. Because while a lot of people are disgusted they we put billions into our war funds, but neglect other aspects of care; that money gets things done. I’m sure there’s **** we don’t even know about yet as weapons made by the military. Ready to be used in a scenario like this.

Also side note: my last post got posted by accident before I finished it, so it was cut off.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
That is 100% not happening because that's how you get WWIII and that is not a war they're gonna win both short term nor long term.
Well, I did say I was joking.

But yeah, whole situation is ****ed.

It was ****ed in regards to Taiwan and it's just as bad here.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That is 100% not happening because that's how you get WWIII and that is not a war they're gonna win both short term nor long term.
This is what I was saying. As crazy as some world leader are, I think they know they ain’t winning a nuclear war. They might do some damage, but ultimately will more then likely be decimated because it be multiple countries against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom