• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Know what would make for a cool DC Elseworld story?

If Superman was raised by a Native American tribe.

He lands on earth earlier in history in the 18th century. The exact same spot in Kansas found by the Kowatche tribe. Super Chief claims and believes his Manitou stone is Kryptonian in origin.

Could even have Tomahawk Man/Woman (since the hawks reincarnate as pairs Hawkwoman can be used instead). Bruce's witch helping ancestor, Themyscira being introduced in the age of colonialism when men are really giving a bad image to the amazons.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It’s more like Xenoblade/Monster Hunter. Several segmented, but large and explorable areas. I’m fine with that, if it’s done well.
TBH "open world" is just a funny buzz word gamers like to hear so they can flaunt how impressive this game is to have a way to justify to themselves that this $60 piece of entertainment validates me as a person.

Like, I adore open world games, but like...They need things to do in them. BotW was great because there was always something to find and look at. Peeps really think GF was gonna recreate all of that inbetween SwSh and February, when BotW's physics engine alone took an entire year?

Another thing...All these people wanting open world games don't even mention what the point of the open world would be, lol. Like, they just photoshop some JPEGs onto some grassy fields and mountains and go "make it like this!" and all I can think is "...So you just want to walk in generic empty fields and mountains? Well, I got great news for you: Go port a Pikachu model into an Unreal test map, it'll give you exactly what you just made in that Photoshop."

Anyways, thanks to coming to my rant about gamers on Reddit and Twitter not understanding how development works, that'll be $420.00 please.

Noipoi

Howdy!
TBH "open world" is just a funny buzz word gamers like to hear so they can flaunt how impressive this game is to have a way to justify to themselves that this $60 piece of entertainment validates me as a person.

Like, I adore open world games, but like...They need things to do in them. BotW was great because there was always something to find and look at. Peeps really think GF was gonna recreate all of that inbetween SwSh and February, when BotW's physics engine alone took an entire year?

Another thing...All these people wanting open world games don't even mention what the point of the open world would be, lol. Like, they just photoshop some JPEGs onto some grassy fields and mountains and go "make it like this!" and all I can think is "...So you just want to walk in generic empty fields and mountains? Well, I got great news for you: Go port a Pikachu model into an Unreal test map, it'll give you exactly what you just made in that Photoshop."

Anyways, thanks to coming to my rant about gamers on Reddit and Twitter not understanding how development works, that'll be $420.00 please.
They don’t think about the logistics, all they know is they could do it better with their superior game design skills.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, while BOTW was a good game, lets not pretend that the open world was bustling with excitement in every direction becuase so many of the shrines were copy paste and the koroks were just padding central, and there were like 7 enemies.

This isn't to say the world is bad, by any means, it definitely was its strongest suit

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Tbh, while BOTW was a good game, lets not pretend that the open world was bustling with excitement in every direction becuase so many of the shrines were copy paste and the koroks were just padding central, and there were like 7 enemies.

This isn't to say the world is bad, by any means, it definitely was its strongest suit
Mighty no you're going off-script, BotW is the greatest game ever made it has zero flaws.

I really hope BotW2 introduces more aesthetic variety and enemy variety: I got really tired of Guardians and Sheikah themed stuff by the time I was done. I miss longer temples with actual themes.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Don't forget that there were only like 3 bosses, and 1 was specific to Gerudo Desert.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Are you trying to tell me that... game development requires compromises?

...nah, developers are just lazy and they should buy their way into better games.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It doesn’t have to be a lot

but we’d prefer it’d be a lot

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Mighty no you're going off-script, BotW is the greatest game ever made it has zero flaws.

I really hope BotW2 introduces more aesthetic variety and enemy variety: I got really tired of Guardians and Sheikah themed stuff by the time I was done. I miss longer temples with actual themes.
The biggest issue with the game was enemy variety and how late game they're total jokes that you can just ignore because they die in 3 hits.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The biggest issue with the game was enemy variety and how late game they're total jokes that you can just ignore because they die in 3 hits.
Unless you're playing Master Mode like I currently am. I'm lategame as well, I'm mostly just avoiding fights still just because I want to keep my weapons lol

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Are you trying to tell me that... game development requires compromises?

...nah, developers are just lazy and they should buy their way into better games.
Considering we're talking Pokemon and Open World, yes, Gamefreak is lazy for not 100% copying BoTW and wanting to take a different yet fresh take on the series more akin to Monster Hunter.

#GameFreakLied

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’ve slain 5 of 7 E.M.M.I.s and just acquired the ice missiles. My IGN guide has run out and now I’m left guessing where to go next so we’ll see. But I’m having a lot of fun. I really want to spray paint the white part of Samus’s suit. I really want Raven Beak in Smash. I really hope Ridley is hiding on this planet somewhere. I really want an entire Ridley game. I’m having a lot of fun despite the few moments of frustration. And I really want Noipoi Noipoi to draw my avatar in Samus’s power suit.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ve slain 5 of 7 E.M.M.I.s and just acquired the ice missiles. My IGN guide has run out and now I’m left guessing where to go next so we’ll see. But I’m having a lot of fun. I really want to spray paint the white part of Samus’s suit. I really want Raven Beak in Smash. I really hope Ridley is hiding on this planet somewhere. I really want an entire Ridley game. I’m having a lot of fun despite the few moments of frustration. And I really want Noipoi Noipoi to draw my avatar in Samus’s power suit.
Sure.

For a price :wario:

Rizen

Smash Legend
BotW was a great game but it definitely had areas that could be improved. I'm not against weapons breaking but they broke so quickly. Weapons should have had twice the durability. The rain was good for the zora territory but got really annoying as you tried to find all the shrines and secrets. There was litterally nothing you could do about it. You couldn't even build a fire to wait it out. A simple solution would be to have a piece of climbing equipment found in Zora's domain that would let you not slip in the rain. After a certain point in the game you get accosted by red spandex cultists all the freaking time and it makes finding all the koroks a pain in the butt. They really could have cut down the random encounters. A lot of things were fine for casual runs but got really annoying if you tried to find all the koroks, like me. And the story and voice acting had some issues but I won't spoil them.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sandy already got nerfed…and Mikey lost his infinite glitch

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So beat Detroit and ended up killing all three of the main characters.

So with Metroid and WarioWare I'm debating on the next game...................or rather games.

Basic lineart and color: 40$

Extra shading, background detail: 50-60$
You advertisin?

I don't tolerate advertisin boy!

I still love ya Noi (no homo), don't hit me.

Legends Arceus not being open world isn't shocking, lol.

I imagine Poketwitter is having a field day, though.
Ain't gonna lie but that is a bit of a turn off for me. I'm still getting it but just a good bit after release.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Basic lineart and color: 40$

Extra shading, background detail: 50-60$
It would just be a pfp piece so it would just be basic lineart and color with like a solid color background. Like… single click with paint bucket level background. PM me the details for how I pay you. I get paid this upcoming Friday.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Noipoi Noipoi after getting criticised by his art for the 10th time for a commission piece: "I don't get paid enough for this ****............................so I'm charging you double!"

My man can be a shrewd businessman. I know it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Played some more Super.

It's crazy how the line between jank & fluidity zigzag from a moment to the next. Super sometime feel like a modern game due to how options & control you have over Samus, but some of the game design & stuff like walljumping or bomb jumping take alot more effort than one might expect to pull those tricks constently.

idk if I prefer Super controls over Fusion/ZM/AM2R/SR, but I still can see why this game is so beloved by manny, even it's not perfect.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Cool fact
The first tweet I found underneath it demands they remake MGS2 but without Raiden altogether, calling him a "betrayal to the fans".

It's been 20 years, literally the exact amount of time I've been alive, and this ************ still couldn't let it go lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom