• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Bro

I just started playing SR again and it's like all those memories of back then came back all at once, like it just click.

Actually wonder if I should play it on Hard mode this time for the lol.

What do you guys think?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Go for it! I'll probably get to a hard mode playthrough at some point myself.
Hell yeah!

Kinda stink tho that you got to finish the game once to unlock it, but thankfully, I still got my 100% savefile on Normal.

D

Deleted member

I wish I could say I was making progress, but I’m only just now finishing card art #1.

I might be able to get another one or two done today, but if I have to just do one at a time, I will.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speaking of next console. I really really hope Nintendo at least considers making their hardware more powerful next time. For what is essentially a tablet, the Switch is pretty powerful, and it makes the most sense considering that Nintendo is really cashing off of being the only portable system in the market (at least until the Steam thing comes out). However, bro... what was a slight difference in quality 10-20 years ago is now even more prevalent today as to most Switch ports of games being rendered technically and graphically inferior, which is ultimately true. The fact that they get things like Mortal Kombat 11 on the system running is more of a feat than having it on the Switch, at least according to Nintendo themselves. And it sells because portability plays a big factor. Mortal Kombat 11 looks about as good as the one mobile game they had back in like 2015. Doesn't matter, it sold well over a million copies. It's a huge crutch that, without it, shows just how jarring Nintendo is veering behind in the power of their consoles. It's clear and has been said before, "If it's not fun, why bother?". However, the fun when it's trying to compete with competitor hardware makes its faults and shortcuts ever more evident. We can't get FFXV on Switch, but we can definitely get the ****ing mobile game in HD.

Certain games definitely look beautiful on Switch. Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade's remaster are beautiful, in my opinion, 100% of the time even when comparing cutscenes to actual in-game processing. Games like Origami King, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Pokemon Snap may not have been graphical marvels, but their amazing display of atmosphere works around the system limitations and had created beautiful atmospheres, environments, and characters. Square's port of DQXI was also astounding, as it held up relatively well compared to the PS4 release, which also shows an inhouse studio being able to create equally impressive-looking ports on other consoles, earning it the "Definitive Edition" that was slapped onto its really long full title. However, there is more graphical mediocrity than there are success stories. Sword and Shield's topics before release were either ******** about the Pokedex massacre or a .png of a ****ing tree. I was personally disappointed in seeing how hard No More Heroes 3 had to be downgraded graphically to accommodate for system limitations, and although I'm enjoying the game now, moments, where rendering is made to models and the environment mid-cutscene, are all too jarring and apparent. It's something that is just too noticeable to ignore and brush off.

It affects my take on third-party ports even more, as I really have no justifiable reason to purchase something like the Doom Eternal Switch port. Sure, it's the only option I have available if I want to play the game, but it's so downgraded that it feels like I would have a lesser experience overall if I had played it on another console; one it was intended to run on, might I add. Some are circumventing it by having Cloud versions of their titles, and some of you might have seen it at the E3 reveal that the GOTG game will have one when it releases. I've tried Cloud games before; it isn't very consistent. Having actual in-game lag can be such a drag in pivotal moments during gameplay, but it's the only way to keep up graphically.

So next-gen, I hope Nintendo at least tries to tinker with more powerful, traditional hardware. However, I have a feeling Nintendo's planning some wacky **** in the future.

D

Deleted member

I only just now found out that I have to pay to use custom set icons with the card maker I'm using.
df0d0ea93c7de3d6a80f50b4da12ce60.jpg

I just wasted all that time, huh.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of next console. I really really hope Nintendo at least considers making their hardware more powerful next time. For what is essentially a tablet, the Switch is pretty powerful, and it makes the most sense considering that Nintendo is really cashing off of being the only portable system in the market (at least until the Steam thing comes out). However, bro... what was a slight difference in quality 10-20 years ago is now even more prevalent today as to most Switch ports of games being rendered technically and graphically inferior, which is ultimately true. The fact that they get things like Mortal Kombat 11 on the system running is more of a feat than having it on the Switch, at least according to Nintendo themselves. And it sells because portability plays a big factor. Mortal Kombat 11 looks about as good as the one mobile game they had back in like 2015. Doesn't matter, it sold well over a million copies. It's a huge crutch that, without it, shows just how jarring Nintendo is veering behind in the power of their consoles. It's clear and has been said before, "If it's not fun, why bother?". However, the fun when it's trying to compete with competitor hardware makes its faults and shortcuts ever more evident. We can't get FFXV on Switch, but we can definitely get the ****ing mobile game in HD.

Certain games definitely look beautiful on Switch. Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade's remaster are beautiful, in my opinion, 100% of the time even when comparing cutscenes to actual in-game processing. Games like Origami King, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Pokemon Snap may not have been graphical marvels, but their amazing display of atmosphere works around the system limitations and had created beautiful atmospheres, environments, and characters. Square's port of DQXI was also astounding, as it held up relatively well compared to the PS4 release, which also shows an inhouse studio being able to create equally impressive-looking ports on other consoles, earning it the "Definitive Edition" that was slapped onto its really long full title. However, there is more graphical mediocrity than there are success stories. Sword and Shield's topics before release were either ******** about the Pokedex massacre or a .png of a ****ing tree. I was personally disappointed in seeing how hard No More Heroes 3 had to be downgraded graphically to accommodate for system limitations, and although I'm enjoying the game now, moments, where rendering is made to models and the environment mid-cutscene, are all too jarring and apparent. It's something that is just too noticeable to ignore and brush off.

It affects my take on third-party ports even more, as I really have no justifiable reason to purchase something like the Doom Eternal Switch port. Sure, it's the only option I have available if I want to play the game, but it's so downgraded that it feels like I would have a lesser experience overall if I had played it on another console; one it was intended to run on, might I add. Some are circumventing it by having Cloud versions of their titles, and some of you might have seen it at the E3 reveal that the GOTG game will have one when it releases. I've tried Cloud games before; it isn't very consistent. Having actual in-game lag can be such a drag in pivotal moments during gameplay, but it's the only way to keep up graphically.

So next-gen, I hope Nintendo at least tries to tinker with more powerful, traditional hardware. However, I have a feeling Nintendo's planning some wacky **** in the future.
They definitely found their niche with the Switch, so I'm assuming they're gonna stick with that from here on out.

While I'm not expecting their next console to be gaming PC quality, there definitely does exist enough components and technology for it to be much stronger than the Switch is now.

A Switch Pro. But unironic.

Just a penguin

Smash Master

Judging from last time, Nintendo will probably incrementally increase hardware in a way still vastly inferior to any other game system, but adding in creative games and an interesting gimmick that may (Switch, Wii, DS) or may not (Wii U, GameCube, Virtual Boy) pan out for them.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I just realized that the tiredness I'm currently experiencing doesn't feel normal.

I've had a massive headache all day which feels like the one hangover I've had, and when that happened I could barely sleep. I guess that's why I can't sleep even though I'm so tired. It's probably because of the covid shot I got yesterday.

This is a waking nightmare

D

Deleted member

Alright, I feel really burnt out after only doing one card, so I guess I'm just going to do 1 card a day(maybe 2 sometimes if I feel like it)

Probably doesn't help I redid this one, like, 3 times. I really wanted to try and mimic the MTG artstyle, but I just can't do it. So, without further ado....

Lamperouge Lamperouge in card form!
Lamperouge, Lamp of Light.png

Ya'll are probably going to be confused about the flavor here, so here's the reminder cards for the day/night mechanic:
en_yJV4HxZHQx.png

en_fygOs4gptM.png

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So I guess I'm gonna be here for a while since my body isn't showing any signs of going to sleep. My brain is not even close to working at full capacity so expect a lot of incoherent sentences and bad reading comprehension on my part

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Alright, I feel really burnt out after only doing one card, so I guess I'm just going to do 1 card a day(maybe 2 sometimes if I feel like it)

Probably doesn't help I redid this one, like, 3 times. I really wanted to try and mimic the MTG artstyle, but I just can't do it. So, without further ado....

Lamperouge Lamperouge in card form!
View attachment 329424

Ya'll are probably going to be confused about the flavor here, so here's the reminder cards for the day/night mechanic:
View attachment 329426
View attachment 329427
I shall illuminate the path to victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom