• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

But I don’t recall I’m Still Standing being in Shrek
Yeah, because the reference was more how the Shrek movies used popular music as a way to set up the scene rather than a specific nod to any scene from the movies.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Being honest doh, I actually wish there was a way to keep the purple username permanently.

Mostly because I feel the colour fits me quite well.
Also It is the only way I can kinda feel openly bi here without causing trouble like that one time.
We did used to have some options depending on which part of the site you were active with or had titles for, but a lot got changed over the years due to updates with the software the forum uses. Similarly most post bits had to be retired as well. Ex. Mods used to have little Master Hand icons.

Debate Room users were Pink.
Competitive Backrooms were Indigo/Purple.
Premium Users were at one point Lime Green instead of Cyan.
Broomers will forever be Dark Green.
Tournament Planners were Dark Blue.

I think there were also Orange and Yellow at one point but I don't quite remember, they might have been apart of the Premium Usergroup at one point or something with Decisive Games, User Blogs, PokeCenter, or when we had a board dedicated to F-Zero GX competitive play.* I also remember seeing a user or two with Black usernames but I think those were more for specialty Admin endorsed joke accounts like Santa Claus.

*If you remember that board having been a thing, congratulations you're old.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
After a long hiatus, I defeated the final boss in Super Bomberman R. The process to defeating him was simple, so it was mostly a matter of avoiding his attacks.

I tried the extra world, but couldn't complete it. There were too many annoying levels with enemies everywhere, and no time to strategize.

Eremurus

Smash Apprentice
We did used to have some options depending on which part of the site you were active with or had titles for, but a lot got changed over the years due to updates with the software the forum uses. Similarly most post bits had to be retired as well. Ex. Mods used to have little Master Hand icons.

Debate Room users were Pink.
Competitive Backrooms were Indigo/Purple.
Premium Users were at one point Lime Green instead of Cyan.
Broomers will forever be Dark Green.
Tournament Planners were Dark Blue.

I think there were also Orange and Yellow at one point but I don't quire remember, they might have been apart of the Premium Usergroup at one point or something with Decisive Games, User Blogs, PokeCenter, or when we had a board dedicated to F-Zero GX competitive play.* I also remember seeing a user or two with Black usernames but I think those were more for specialty Admin endorsed joke accounts like Santa Claus.

*If you remember that board having been a thing, congratulations you're old.
Orange were Smash Poets. (Had a quill widget) Yellow was default, wasn't it? On my now dormant older account, I had a pink username and a scale widget. There was also cyan, Smash Researchers. (I think Premium was lime then.)

There was a lot of flavour lost when the board switch happened.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
How bad is Sonic Adventure DX anyway? I never had much of a problem with that game.
The PC port originally launched with the game's own config tool not working.

You also couldn't fullscreen: There were mandatory ugly purple background bars.

And if memory serves (could be mixing this up with the original PC port) the Steam port was also based on the infamous Xbox360 port, which is laughably bad and near ruins the game.

GCN DX is rad, though.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Nintendo later copied Wade's ideas by making Metal Mario, Metal Sonic, and Metal Mega Man (indistinguishable from normal Mega Man).

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So came back for the night. Seems the pranking has died down.

THE WADE GAMES have started!
A new friend was made! But it’s not over yet, even more action awaits when THE HEIST returns!
[/spoiler]
Another cracker as always Noi.

Same time wondering if I'll appear to show if I'm loved.
7322388e1b6ff19793b28b8a02956d8b.jpg

I'm joking dude. I'm one of the few commoners still left to appear and outside of like two noticing a lack of Europeans there. I hint at a teamup?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
TBH being a Sonic fan is just like being a Bethesda open world fan:

Buying launch day is buying the Early Access alpha they didn't finish.

And then modders finish it for them months later!
Too bad the PC port of Colors Ultimate has Denuvo and nobody wants to touch it

Edit:

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So came back for the night. Seems the pranking has died down.

Another cracker as always Noi.

Same time wondering if I'll appear to show if I'm loved.
View attachment 329206
I'm joking dude. I'm one of the few commoners still left to appear and outside of like two noticing a lack of Europeans there. I hint at a teamup?
If you were to be included

What character would you be represented by?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Too bad the PC port of Colors Ultimate has Denuvo and nobody wants to touch it
Eh

They will eventually.

Sonic modders are pretty stubborn.

We might get patches later… please… patch it. I just want people to stop complaining about it.
It'll get patched. Probably day one.

But still, on the off chance it doesn't, it'll get fixed one way or the other.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Orange were Smash Poets. (Had a quill widget) Yellow was default, wasn't it? On my now dormant older account, I had a pink username and a scale widget. There was also cyan, Smash Researchers. (I think Premium was lime then.)

There was a lot of flavour lost when the board switch happened.
I remember the quill post bit now that you mention it, I couldn't remember what group that was for. lol

It's definitely a bummer but understandable given site limitations. User Groups were a glitchy mess on the back end upon the switch to Xenforo. It would be nice to see some things return but given the current state of the site and internet trends as a whole I don't think it's the most feasible. This site has also trended more towards giant threads as opposed to specific topic threads for discussion.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Eh

They will eventually.

Sonic modders are pretty stubborn.

It'll get patched. Probably day one.

But still, on the off chance it doesn't, it'll get fixed one way or the other.
I am afraid even if there is a patch to fix things, that won't change how much of a bad start Sonic Colors Ultimate had. People will not forget this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom