• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duxx

Smash Ace
Wait

Why are people being down on Steam's new thing?

As a hardcore PC guy, this thing sounds sick holy flip, I might actually consider waiting on the Switch OLED for this.
i'm assuming the high cost compared to the relatively low storage space (given how much space pc games can take up)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I trust Valve with games, even if they can't count to 3.

Hardware?.....ehhh.....

Do they even make their controllers anymore? Last I heard, a lot of them leaked some weird oily substance, and the Steam Box.... did anything ever come of that?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
i'm assuming the high cost compared to the relatively low storage space (given how much space pc games can take up)
I guess I can understand that, but:

The storage is fully expandable and the specs in this thing are legit good.

It's basically a full-on gaming laptop in a Switch form factor, and you can install third party apps on it.

The cost is high, but it honestly is worth it if you're a big PC player.

...Dang, I'm thinking I might legit order this: I could play Destiny 2 handheld and I could make this thing a full on emulation machine. I dunno if people realize how big this could potentially be to PC players.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Dude you’re like one of the coolest guys here, I definitely see it happening for you.
Awww, thanks. I've been feeling like I've beem missing something not having a partner by my side, but I'm sure it'll all be worth the wait when I finally find hee.
now YOU on the other hand...
Now now, there's no need to fight, us short kings will find someone we're looking for (given that you want to find someone). It's just a matter if time.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'm actually legit unsure what to do now.

The OLED is cool, but it doesn't affect performance.

This Steam device would be able to replace my laptop and offer me a really unique way to experience my Steam library, and PC is my main platform: I really only own Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games and a few indies I wanted portable.

:073:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
In concept, I actually really like the Steam Deck. PC Games on the go! Great.

In execution, it's gonna flop. That controller system looks awful and $400 for 64GB for a console that plays PC games that easily hit said cap by downloading just one? No thank you. That **** is way too expensive, and I think it'd be a better investment to get a gaming laptop instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom