• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
As of today, I am officially moved from my old home to my new one. All of my possessions have been moved and put away in storage.

It's funny to say it again, but after doing all of this, I feel like I'm officially starting my new life. No longer living with me mom, no longer being forced to live a certain way due to restrictions, etc..

I feel like I'm an actual adult now. Disabled, but still.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
As of today, I am officially moved from my old home to my new one. All of my possessions have been moved and put away in storage.

It's funny to say it again, but after doing all of this, I feel like I'm officially starting my new life. No longer living with me mom, no longer being forced to live a certain way due to restrictions, etc..

Glad to hear that things are looking up for you.

D

Deleted member

So glad to hear that things are shaping up for you.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Glad to hear, pal, hope things keep looking good for ya.

On another topic....

I'm facing a strong dilemna that can only be explain with this pic.
hard choice.png

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Glad to hear, pal, hope things keep looking good for ya.

On another topic....

I'm facing a strong dilemna that can only be explain with this pic.
View attachment 290767
Vesperia might be the wisest choice right now since it seems like you've been marathoning the hell out of DMC3 (not that I can blame you). Don't want to risk suffering burn out with the series, y'know?

Besides, DMC1 combat is probably going to be extremely rough to deal with right after experiencing the significant improvements that DMC3 brought to the formula.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Vesperia might be the wisest choice right now since it seems like you've been marathoning the hell out of DMC3 (not that I can blame you). Don't want to risk suffering burn out with the series, y'know?

Besides, DMC1 combat is probably going to be extremely rough to deal with right after experiencing the significant improvements that DMC3 brought to the formula.
Yeah but Vesperia is freakin' long & my gamer brain is hard coded to DMC atm.

That, and I know it's probably going to be rough gameplay wise, but there's alot of stuff I want to experience. That, and I won't be doing DMD at all or Hard mode if Normal is too hard, so that I don't suffer from burn out like you mention.

Of course, it's easier said than done when it come to choosing between two great games.

D

Deleted member

Ah yes, coming home and the first thing I see is that commercial. As befitting for spoopy season.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Yeah but Vesperia is freakin' long & my gamer brain is hard coded to DMC atm.

That, and I know it's probably going to be rough gameplay wise, but there's alot of stuff I want to experience. That, and I won't be doing DMD at all or Hard mode if Normal is too hard, so that I don't suffer from burn out like you mention.

Of course, it's easier said than done when it come to choosing between two great games.
True enough.

DMC1 is still a fine game regardless of its signs of age and I've heard wonderful things about Vesperia, so you really can't go wrong with either choice I suppose.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
True enough.

DMC1 is still a fine game regardless of its signs of age and I've heard wonderful things about Vesperia, so you really can't go wrong with either choice I suppose.
Yeah, that, and it's hard to choose between a great JRPG, and a game that has the line, "I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!! LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!! LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!..................."
Like DMC1 didn't have that, it would have been easier on my hand, but alas(?).

D

Deleted member

Speaking of dilemmas, I'm currently thinking what to do with the 135-so euros I got for my birthday, and I'm this close to finally making a choice but still don't know what to go for.

For one side, I am deeply considering the idea of buying every remaining Zelda Game on Switch I don't have [Hyrule Warriors 1 (35€ on GAME through second hand) and Cadence Of Hyrule (40€ on Mediamarkt) alongside the DLC of the latter (15€) and BotW (20€)]+ the LEGO set of Mario's House which costs 32€.

Now, you may be thinking "JDC, why do you
suddenly want to own every single Zelda game on Switch all of a sudden when you've never considered yourself a Zelda fan?", and while that is indeed really true... I feel that between the hype for Age Of Calamity and the fact that from the few Zelda stuff I played through the years I happened to quite like all of It, It may be time to dig a bit deeper into the series. Not to mention that the BotW DLC is something I have constantly wanted but never been able to finally pick it.

The other option I'm considering is buying DQB2 (45€), Bayonetta 2+1 (60€) and the LEGO Mario set, just because I see osby osby and DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu talking so much about how good Bayonetta is and I'm like "ok, sure, maybe I should try it", and DQB2 being the only Switch DQ title I lack (not counting DQB1 because I suppose it is 98% similar to DQB2) plus the fact I really want to play It with Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo .

So yeah, those are my two current options right now, and I'm still really thinking about it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Speaking of dilemmas, I'm currently thinking what to do with the 135-so euros I got for my birthday, and I'm this close to finally making a choice but still don't know what to go for.

For one side, I am deeply considering the idea of buying every remaining Zelda Game on Switch I don't have [Hyrule Warriors 1 (35€ on GAME through second hand) and Cadence Of Hyrule (40€ on Mediamarkt) alongside the DLC of the latter (15€) and BotW (20€)]+ the LEGO set of Mario's House which costs 32€.

suddenly want to own every single Zelda game on Switch all of a sudden when you've never considered yourself a Zelda fan?", and while that is indeed really true... I feel that between the hype for Age Of Calamity and the fact that from the few Zelda stuff I played through the years I happened to quite like all of It, It may be time to dig a bit deeper into the series. Not to mention that the BotW DLC is something I have constantly wanted but never been able to finally pick it.

The other option I'm considering is buying DQB2 (45€), Bayonetta 2+1 (60€) and the LEGO Mario set, just because I see osby osby and DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu talking so much about how good Bayonetta is and I'm like "ok, sure, maybe I should try it", and DQB2 being the only Switch DQ title I lack (not counting DQB1 because I suppose it is 98% similar to DQB2) plus the fact I really want to play It with Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo .

So yeah, those are my two current options right now, and I'm still really thinking about it.
I will also back the notion that Bayonetta 1+2 are absolutely worth playing. The games would probably fit much easier into your current schedule too since you're busy with college and both are relatively short games that are easy to pick up for a mission or two then put down for a bit.

But the Zelda series is also flippin incredible IMO and DQB2 looks like a lot of fun, so I could see how this is a really hard decision.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

From what I've been told, the Breath of the Wild DLC isn't really worth it. (my brother found it frustrating) I'd suggest the second option, since while I haven't played Dragon Quest Builders 2 and don't know how its online is, it gives you more variety.

Plus, Cadence of Hyrule should have a demo if you haven't played that already, and with Zelda's 35th anniversary next year, I'm guessing there will be something similar to Mario 3D All-Stars where we get a limited release collection of a few Zelda games, including some that were ported to the Wii U like Wind Waker or Twilight Princess.

Also, the Bayonetta games have amazing gameplay, and I'm generally going to recommend them whenever I get the chance.

D

Deleted member

I will also back the notion that Bayonetta 1+2 are absolutely worth playing. The games would probably fit much easier into your current schedule too since you're busy with college and both are relatively short games that are easy to pick up for a mission or two then put down for a bit.

But the Zelda series is also flippin incredible IMO and DQB2 looks like a lot of fun, so I could see how this is a really hard decision.
Yeah, that is a really good point in favour of Bayonetta.

Shorter games would fit way better for my schedule.
From what I've been told, the Breath of the Wild DLC isn't really worth it. (my brother found it frustrating) I'd suggest the second option, since while I haven't played Dragon Quest Builders 2 and don't know how its online is, it gives you more variety.

Plus, Cadence of Hyrule should have a demo if you haven't played that already, and with Zelda's 35th anniversary next year, I'm guessing there will be something similar to Mario 3D All-Stars where we get a limited release collection of a few Zelda games, including some that were ported to the Wii U like Wind Waker or Twilight Princess.

Also, the Bayonetta games have amazing gameplay, and I'm generally going to recommend them whenever I get the chance.
Yeah, I remember the Cadence Of Hyrule demo.

May have to try It and see if It is my cup of tea.

D

Deleted member

From what I've been told, the Breath of the Wild DLC isn't really worth it. (my brother found it frustrating)
Personally I disagree. The BOTW DLC can be frustrating(especially Trial of the Sword) but I find them enjoyable end game content, and the rewards(specifically for the Champion's Ballad) are well worth the struggle. I always beeline for it because the Master Cycle makes horses completely obsolete, which have always been the thing i used the least in the game so it's always appreciated to have an easy mode of transportation. Not to mention the upgraded Champion powers which are insane, especially when the cooldowns normally are insanely long.

They're not for everyone though. Trial of the Sword is neat, but I found myself not finding much value it in because the Master Sword itself is already strong enough to deal with most fodder and not really worth the effort just for some extra power and durability(especially when the actual trial is brutal even for me, who has 400+ hours in the game), but then again you can just cheese it with a glitch that takes like an hour at most so it's not all bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was seriously just late to something because I was typing an Email to someone I was working with. I feel like a miniature businessman now.

Last edited:

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Really loved the Age of Calamity demo.

Egg boi guardian is a great character. Seeing Hyrule 100 years ago is surreal, and so is seeing people like Impa, Purah, and Robbie. Can't wait to see how the story plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom