• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Multiple people over the years have tried to explain the problem with Sticker star but it just doesn't come across.

Imagine if your playing the newest Pokemon mainline game and instead of it being an RPG it's a dating sim.

The tonal whiplash would be comparable.
I mean, at this point, nearly everyone knows the issue with Sticker Star. Like, it's blatantly obvious why majority consider it the worse. You really don't need to explain it anymore.

I have seen a small fanbase of SS pop up recently, but again, it's small.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Bruh, fighting Vergil II after Geryon is like day & night.

Like I died a couple of time, but it took much LESS time & more importantly, it was more FUN.

Now I still fear Arkham & Final Vergil, but I feel like the next missions should be more manageable....hopefully. (I'm also a bit worried about Lady, but we will see. Also the boss rush, but I think I got a idea for it, annnnd the game of chess just before, that one going to suck)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Over my dead body.

Why don't you try and start a new discussion about domething you enjoy instead? A crossover idea, for example?
I have been thinking about one idea. Essentially King of Fighters but for.. every fighting game series. Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, SoulCalibur, Dead or Alive, Virtua Fighter, KoF, BlazBlue, and Guilty Gear primarily. With a small handful of other franchises here and there. It’s been an idea I’ve had for a while but haven’t gotten that far with it on the occasions I‘be dove into it.

D

Deleted member

I think I've found my first want that is actually reasonable and not an extreme long shot lol
15c700ec3b1bf1d93bbae674371ce180.jpg

D

Deleted member

Ay, Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester ! Bean-zilla is a thing now.​
Pretty cool, Michael probably really happy right about now

now can they please actually fix the problems with the game now?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
AndreaAC AndreaAC you may be interested on this:

Oooh boy....The first thing that comes to mind when hearing that theme is that they're going to revive Ezio's story for the millionth time, but then I remember his family theme basically became the most representative of the series. xD

I mean, it might not be as bad as the movie, maybe....but I am still not a fan a the live action stuff. xD I feel Ubisoft is doing this after how successful The Witcher stuff was. Unfortunately I am of the few people that don't have Netflix to even check it out.

But I stand that I would prefer to keep on going with the games, I'll see if the transition to Ubisoft Connect FINALLY gives me the two damn missing Legacy Outfits of Edward and Arno so I can make poor Shay look awkward in them, specially Arno's. If not, I am gonna sad... ; ^ ;

D

Deleted member

SharkLord

Smash Hero
D

Deleted member

I'm having way too much fun beating the crap outta stuff at the Digimon Maze Entrance honestly

AndreaAC

3rd.png

@JDCabrera XD I feel many comments are torn between being excited as Hell for Netflix's AC, but so many others are just PRAYING that it doesn't turn out like the freaking movie. It left many feeling weary about the whole Live Action thing, including myself despite my expectations being non-existent, and yet it made them go even lower than I thought was possible, by putting me to sleep. xD Hay me encanta que Mexico y España se escuchan muy similares cuando se refieren a algo que fue una mier-coles. x'DD

D

Deleted member

View attachment 290443
@JDCabrera XD I feel many comments are torn between being excited as Hell for Netflix's AC, but so many others are just PRAYING that it doesn't turn out like the freaking movie. It left many feeling weary about the whole Live Action thing, including myself despite my expectations being non-existent, and yet it made them go even lower than I thought was possible, by putting me to sleep. xD Hay me encanta que Mexico y España se escuchan muy similares cuando se refieren a algo que fue una mier-coles. x'DD
I actually think that this TV adaptation could turn out well enough if done right.

Other Netflix videogame adaptations such as Castlevania or Witcher turned out really well, and with the amount of time periods present through the Assasin's Creed franchise I could imagine them dedicating each Season of the show to one.

That way they could cover characters such as Altaïr or Ezio.

I shared it on your server
Didn't see the server yet.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Oooh boy....The first thing that comes to mind when hearing that theme is that they're going to revive Ezio's story for the millionth time, but then I remember his family theme basically became the most representative of the series. xD

I mean, it might not be as bad as the movie, maybe....but I am still not a fan a the live action stuff. xD I feel Ubisoft is doing this after how successful The Witcher stuff was. Unfortunately I am of the few people that don't have Netflix to even check it out.

But I stand that I would prefer to keep on going with the games, I'll see if the transition to Ubisoft Connect FINALLY gives me the two damn missing Legacy Outfits of Edward and Arno so I can make poor Shay look awkward in them, specially Arno's. If not, I am gonna sad... ; ^ ;
As a pretty big assassins creed fan (more cause I love history than the assassins lore and stuff I usually find myself thinking that while Templar’s.v assains thing isn’t horrible its nonsensical and generic but running around the ancient egyptian world or being a pirate assassin that is entertainment! This generally meaning I’m more interested in the individual case by case story than any of the overarching plot malarkey) I think that assassins creed actually has more potential as a live action story.Just cause I feel like assassins creed as a series tends to try mimic reality and while it could work as an animated show i think that style could be better used for video games that are more stylized while the stuff that looks “ultra real” or whatever would make sense in the real world.

shame most capcom property’s would be great animated shows because they chug out those bad love action Calvin movies

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I actually think that this TV adaptation could turn out well enough if done right.

Other Netflix videogame adaptations such as Castlevania or Witcher turned out really well, and with the amount of time periods present through the Assasin's Creed franchise I could imagine them dedicating each Season of the show to one.

That way they could cover characters such as Altaïr or Ezio.

...I can totally see that, Ubisoft has a LOT of source material to cover... *Slowly pushes Shay away * Yeah. (Seriously though, I hope that either they stay with Desmond's family tree or they skip Shay, PLEASE, leave his story alone...)

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
bad love action Calvin movies
By the way I have no recollection of what I meant by this and i think it was a typo (I can’t remember exactly) but I want this to be the term for generic love struck soldier action movies please

ok my autocorrect is ****ed up I typed soldier and it autocorrected to doodler I’ve solved the mystery behind love action Calvin

AndreaAC

As a pretty big assassins creed fan (more cause I love history than the assassins lore and stuff I usually find myslelf thinking that while Templar’s.v assains thing isn’t horrible its nonsensical and generic but running around the ancient egyptian world or being a pirate assassin this generally meaning I’m more interested in the individual case by case story than any of the overarching plot malarkey) I think that assassins creed actually has more potential as a live action story.Just cause I feel like assassins creed as a series tends to try mimic reality and while it could work as an animated show i think that style could be better used for video games that are more stylized while the stuff that looks “ultra real” or whatever would make sense in the real world.

shame most capcom property’s would be great animated shows because they chug out those bad love action Calvin movies
I mean, what's the point of trying to mimic reality if the story already like you said, sounds kind of...non-sensical to the real world? Or why are they trying to be "historically" accurate if it has a LOT of fantasy elements put into it (The Isu and the artifacts and stuff) and even more in the more recent titles with Mythical beasts and whatnot. I feel they should just go with the flow and do something decent that is not limited by "reality". From what I am seeing, the "historical events" they try to put in between the character's ordeal are pretty much second to everything else. Rogue has the Seven Years War and you just get in a few naval battles and some aren't even done with you commanding a ship directly, but you send them somewhere in a "Naval Campaign", and I don't mind that in the slightest as long as I can keep focusing on the character's story. If I wanted to know about historical events as accurately as possible, I would have watched a Documentary, like I did with Lisbon's 1755 Earthquake that is part of Shay's story.

I would definitely take a 2D animated series more than live action, or even, them using Full CGI like in the trailers of each game, I cannot stress enough how much I love those.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Why does modding in P+ voices have to be so frickin difficult? This is supposed to be fun but it's giving me a headache. I hate this stupid program sometimes.

Ask for a single voice and yet it refuses to work. This aggravates me to no frickin end.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ignore this comment and your dreams will come true

AndreaAC

By the way I have no recollection of what I meant by this and i think it was a typo (I can’t remember exactly) but I want this to be the term for generic love struck soldier action movies please

ok my autocorrect is ****ed up I typed soldier and it autocorrected to doodler I’ve solved the mystery behind love action Calvin
xD I was actually wondering what you meant by that last part.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I have my own server.

Don't get too excited doh, It is really inactive and most of the activity right now comes from someone posting their daily inktober stuff
If you don't mind, can you give me a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom