• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarth64

Smash Ace
We all know that Chrome is so much better than both IE and Firefox just because it runs faster and doesn't require as much memory usage.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
14 hours of sleep last night, <3 jetlag
Kakuna's and Luvdisc's are just as good.
This
I'd ask you for a link but your precious site is still down :(
Google cache, noob
Yeah well Fire****s sucks.
Not as much as IE.
We all know that Chrome is so much better than both IE and Firefox just because it runs faster and doesn't require as much memory usage.
This is true.
Tru dat broham!
whatisthisidonteven

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Wasted luck and effort.
I got a shiny Stantler at the beginning of the game.
I traded a CRAPLOAD of EV deleting berries.
Used them ALL till Stantler had zero EVs in all stats.
Found my SID.
And have NO idea how to get shinies with it.

Help.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Pikachu Illustrator isn't as rare, and it doesn't have as interesting of a history. I think Pikachu Illustrators have actually been sold before, so they have a price estimate.

A_man13

Smash Master
I'm back! From the dead! Again! I might be here for a bit longer since it's spring break and all, but again it will likely be for a limited time. The second school starts up again, well, back off the forums.

Anywho, what's up?

A_man13

Smash Master
Thanks.

I really never knew much about the cards. All I knew was that any collector worth their weight had a Jigglypuff and Pikachu card and I liked the one with the swirly belly that looked frog-like (who's Identity I know now as poliwhirl). But that was 1st grade at latest; I didn't even know they had a video game at that time of the franchise nor would my parents ever let me get it. Why I got it? I don't really need to repeat that story...

Anyways, anyone want anything? Brawl, signature, Battle, etc.?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Could you make me an avi? I want the sprite in my avi but with a background. Something ghost-like yet electric.

Anyways, I don't get Pokemon Cards. I don't know how people could get so sucked up into these card games. I don't see who is even rich or obsessed with the game enough to actually buy a 5000 dollar Pokemon Card. I mean I have a collection of them from when I was little, but its not like I played with them or became a hardcore collector or something...

I swear again, everybody but me has a shiny :mad:

sorry if thats starting to get annoying :p

A_man13

Smash Master
Gimme the link of the sprite and sure, I can think of something. And by that I mean, give it now or no sprite for you! And by THAT, I mean I have no other means of access to that sprite and I need it to even start. So cough up the link, bub! And by THAT I mean please!

I'm not a shiny getter, either. I only got two every by chaining. My other two were sheer luck while EV training. Course one of them was an adamant shiny starly...

EDIT: Finished. In case anyone wants to see...

and, since I was bored last night, I made this...

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn241/A_man13_comcast/Sig work/BlackHoleSun.png

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ultimate fail:

I accidentally put up my Raikou up for trade for Starmie and I couldn't take it back because the battery ran out and I couldn't find my friend's DS charger :mad::cry:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
._. You know I as so happy at first about breeding horsea's at first because the 31 special attack is always there, giving it room to be very good.
The mother -can- pass on 30hp/30att/30deff/31speed and the father has 26sdef/31speed/31special attack(passes on automatically)

So do I get 30/30/30/31/X/31 (band IV doesn't count as one of the 3 from parents, awesome huh?)
Maybe in the Snipers I don't check but no.
I get the 8Sdef or the 0HP paired with the 30att and 31 speed ._.
Horsea number 69 I'm on, and wheres my good luck. I've never had to work so hard for a pokemon before...

A_man13

Smash Master
._. You know I as so happy at first about breeding horsea's at first because the 31 special attack is always there, giving it room to be very good.
The mother -can- pass on 30hp/30att/30deff/31speed and the father has 26sdef/31speed/31special attack(passes on automatically)

So do I get 30/30/30/31/X/31 (band IV doesn't count as one of the 3 from parents, awesome huh?)
Horsea number 69 I'm on, and wheres my good luck. I've never had to work so hard for a pokemon before...
You realize that an IV spread like that will come down to more luck than getting a shiny, I assume? If memory serves, the parents can only donate 3 (I forget how much) IVs to the offspring. Even if you were in complete control of the game, getting those last few perfect/near perfect stats will be one heck of a trial (somewhere in the 1/(1x10^5)'s). I bred magbys once for HP Ice and, in order to do this, I needed 31 IVs in SpA, SpD, and Spd. That alone took two weeks of near constant breeding to get 1 magby and that didn't have HP Ice. Certainly getting HP Ice was easier afterward, but it still took thousands of eggs to get a second parent (the female whom, in the magby way, was 25% less common than the males) and then a couple thousand more to get one with a good HP. And that was with 3 perfect stats.

In your situation, you have real good chances of perfect speed passing down. Other then that, at best you can expect 1-2 other perfect/near perfect stats. The spread you mention would only come if you had a physical ailment where you could not sleep and had to play the game every second every day. Otherwise, fat chance. My advice when IV breeding is to get 2-3 stats your set on having in both parents and then just pray arceus is looking well upon your harvest. Another helpful tip is to make sure you save before taking an egg; if the nature, gender, and ability (and possibly shininess) is good, you can save and re-hatch until you get something good in terms of IVs.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I think the hardest I worked for a Pokémon is a tie between a shiny Beldum and a Modest Ralts with Trace and Will-O-Wisp.

I reset a ton of times for Beldum, but I eventually got bored and stopped.

It took me hours on end to get a Modest Ralts with Trace and Will-O-Wisp. I bred for a while to just get Modest with Trace, and I think I even had one, but then I decided to put Will-O-Wisp on it and had to start breeding again. Either that or I had a Modest one that had Synchronize.

Of course that's nothing compared to IV breeding, but it was still annoying.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ultimate fail:

I accidentally put up my Raikou up for trade for Starmie and I couldn't take it back because the battery ran out and I couldn't find my friend's DS charger :mad::cry:
Starmie > Raikou so don't get mad, get glad! I kill my legendaries anyway.

A_man13

Smash Master
Hardest I've tried was the magby. It took forever and (the worst part) is that I don't even like using it all that often. This is tied with my bronzor mission. That took forever since A) I had no dittos that have anywhere near good stats and B) it's a multi-ability poke. Lets just say I never want to see wayward cave again in my life after that. Thankfully the result of that was the cornerstone of my team; it had the best IVS I've ever gotten out of a poke (though speed was too high for my gyro-ball taste. He takes paralysis anyways, though). Bronzong is a sucky wall I know, but I've always had an attachment to it. Might just be that my favorite type is steel...

Anyone need anything? Brawl, sigs, Battles, etc.?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I just spent like, an hour reminiscing in the old Mono-Type Tourney thread. It's hard to believe that was over a year ago...

My custom title is so fitting.

A_man13

Smash Master
I don't necessarily remember that tourney going down. All I remember in explicit detail was the CPS and my sig shops, though. I don't wander through old threads like that. CPS would involve wadding through thousands of pages of my spam and such and my sig shops got deleted when the AE was split in two. It would be kind of cool to look at the later, though. I developed a lot in that time from when I started...

to now...

I wouldn't mind setting up another shop, but as I said before this is likely only a week long stay here and nowhere near enough time to start up.

Well, I guess its better than "Smash n00b police" from all the ranting...

Player-4

See you in 25 years

Dude, F all that IV breeding and ****. Get Pokesav or settle with what you get. I used to IV breed and stuff but in the end it's a waste of time. Any good/smart player will Pokesav.

Hardest I've tried was the magby. It took forever and (the worst part) is that I don't even like using it all that often. This is tied with my bronzor mission. That took forever since A) I had no dittos that have anywhere near good stats and B) it's a multi-ability poke. Lets just say I never want to see wayward cave again in my life after that. Thankfully the result of that was the cornerstone of my team; it had the best IVS I've ever gotten out of a poke (though speed was too high for my gyro-ball taste. He takes paralysis anyways, though). Bronzong is a sucky wall I know, but I've always had an attachment to it. Might just be that my favorite type is steel...

Anyone need anything? Brawl, sigs, Battles, etc.?
I could go for a battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom