• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash World Destruction Series

I meant bad as in for the competitive aspect (which you implied you were going for).

This ruleset couldn't favor randomness more if it tried. Competitive tournys aren't done with with items on, 1 stage, 1 stock, infinite time limit etc.

And that's why you don't know a thing about smash, so get outta' here and yes keep your mouth shut.:)

zmx

Smash Lord
And that's why you don't know a thing about smash, so get outta' here and yes keep your mouth shut.:)
You are so misinformed it's hilarious.

I suggest you don't tell others they don't know about smash when you have no idea how competitive Brawl is played.

Lol @ newbies coming here, making up their own laughable "rules" and then acting arrogant only to get destroyed by half-decent players. The same story seen so many times.

I mean, go ahead and make whatever rules you want, nobody cares, just don't act like you are amazing at Smash when you play with items on high.

You are so misinformed it's hilarious.

I suggest you don't tell others they don't know about smash when you have no idea how competitive Brawl is played.

Lol @ newbies coming here, making up their own laughable "rules" and then acting arrogant only to get destroyed by half-decent players. The same story seen so many times.

I mean, go ahead and make whatever rules you want, nobody cares, just don't act like you are amazing at Smash when you play with items on high.

Exactly. It's a competitive game, and yes I do prefer too, to play without items, this is my first tourney though, that's why i put items and 1 stock: to make it unpredictable. And also I am a newbie, but I am a master in smash. Let's play then and see who's better.

zmx

Smash Lord
I highly doubt you are a "master" of smash if you only play it with your friends.

Anyway, you said it yourself. This tourny is setup so luck (unpredictability) is a huge factor. Which is perfectly fine but it can't be called competitive. It would be like calling dice rolling competitive.

Oh and I don't have access to Wifi right now but I'll be back in about 2 weeks. I'll be happy to play you then. In the meantime, if you think you are a master at Smash, go play some of the better players in the Smashboards arena. It's pretty active a couple of hours from now.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Hmm you know zmx i think he told you to keep your mouth shut?

And I'm seeing 2 additional comments...

(Psst!!! shadowmaster sue his ***)

:phone:

You aren't older than 13 are you?

I am way older than 13 young fella'. But my age better remain uknown for the time. And also just a little warning let's say: If ya' keep posting these stuff in my thread, you will be banned. So... yeah, if i were you i would have stopped now. Surely i wouldn't want my Smashboards account to get all banned right?

zmx

Smash Lord
Don't worry, I'll stop posting in this for now. Clearly anything I say goes way over your head but you'll know I was right eventually.

I look forward to playing you when I get back Mr. Master of Smash.

Oh and for your information only Mods can ban.

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
Look, this is not a truly competitive Smash tourney. I don't think anyone who entered looked at the ruleset and imagined fights based entirely on skill without luck. I don't know about you guys, but I just entered this tourney to have fun.

zmx, you're right. Items on high, one stage, and one stock hardly makes for matches based on skill. But I didn't see anything that suggested Shadowmaster was trying to make this a skill-based tourney. And please try to refrain from calling players you've never battled noobs just because they entered a fun tourney.

Last edited:

zmx

Smash Lord
All right, look. Everyone just stop bickering for a moment and listen.

This is NOT a truly competitive Smash tourney. I don't think anyone who entered looked at the ruleset and imagined fights based entirely on skill without luck. I don't know about you guys, but I just entered this tourney to have fun.

zmx, you're right. Items on high, one stage, and one stock hardly makes for a match based on skill. But I didn't see any implications that Shadowmaster was trying to make this a tourney of that nature. I'm not going to tell you to leave, nor will I tell you that anything you've said thus far is wrong. But please try to refrain from calling players you've never battled "noobs" simply because they entered a fun tourney.
I was not going to post again but just going to point out:

I don't believe I called anyone a noob. Newbies and noobs are not the same thing. Also, you are mistaken if you think no one has taken this seriously. I'd say OP has considering he calls himself a "master" of Smash.

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
Sure, I guess you didn't call anyone a noob specifically. But your implications were the same.

And I can't speak for Shadowmaster, but I think he meant that he's better than his friends, not necessarily the greatest player in the world.

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
All right, look. Everyone just stop bickering for a moment and listen.

This is NOT a truly competitive Smash tourney. I don't think anyone who entered looked at the ruleset and imagined fights based entirely on skill without luck. I don't know about you guys, but I just entered this tourney to have fun.

zmx, you're right. Items on high, one stage, and one stock hardly makes for a match based on skill. But I didn't see any implications that Shadowmaster was trying to make this a tourney of that nature. I'm not going to tell you to leave, nor will I tell you that anything you've said thus far is wrong. But please try to refrain from calling players you've never battled "noobs" simply because they entered a fun tourney.
i am aware of the rules since i looked it over, i entered this tourney for two reasons though

1:to have fun and see how i compare against them, and found out they're good in brawls

2: to gain some recognition around here. don't want to be someone who gets questioned with 'who are you?'

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
I think he said that he'll post the match results and the next match's contestants in this forum.

Last edited:
Don't worry, I'll stop posting in this for now. Clearly anything I say goes way over your head but you'll know I was right eventually.

I look forward to playing you when I get back Mr. Master of Smash.

Oh and for your information only Mods can ban.

Yeah, OK Mr. Master, let's see who wins. And if i really press the Report, what is going to happen? And also by the way, yesterday i saw a moderator, reporting a post. Which post do you think he reported? Everyone watch this video i made with my youtube account http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKb-wS1BBuY&feature=plcp

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Top Bottom