• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Smash Brothers" Series: Calling All Collaborators

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Yeah. Anything you send to that paypal account is received in full. I think that's the deal.
I've tried various things on Paypal, how are you making that possible? Anything sent from my friend incurs a fee

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Yo samox, i wanna donate 50, but i only have 25 right now, and am getting a second person to donate the other 25; would i still be able to get the special edition of the DVD this way?

Revven

FrankerZ
Samox has many ways to end the documentary now. Between EVO, this, AND the donation drive. Absolutely ridiculous potential and it comes out NEXT MONTH.

samox

Smash Journeyman
Hey Calvo - That's fine, just make a note in each donation saying as much, something like: "Hey, my buddy xyz has the other 25. Please send deluxe dvd to his address". That should be cool.

MVP

Smash Ace
i'm having some trouble....

so i'm using paypal to donate and i have a few question...

all that shows up in paypal is the email address and the dollar amount. so how do i know you received my money and how do you know where to send the film? cause i wanna donate and i want the film but i need some assurance here.

samox

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what to tell you MVP. This whole project is a shoe-string operation so I don't have an apparatus in place to send you a "Payment Confirmed" email with a receipt. I do receive an alert from paypal with your email address when you donate though. I star every one of those and at the end of this process I'll go through to each starred donation and request a delivery address from the donator.

That's the best I can do considering my limitations. If you don't want to take the risk you can watch the series for free when it's released on youtube.

MVP

Smash Ace
I don't know what to tell you MVP. This whole project is a shoe-string operation so I don't have an apparatus in place to send you a "Payment Confirmed" email with a receipt. I do receive an alert from paypal with your email address when you donate though. I star every one of those and at the end of this process I'll go through to each starred donation and request a delivery address from the donator.

That's the best I can do considering my limitations. If you don't want to take the risk you can watch the series for free when it's released on youtube.

much appreciated :) thank you

Dees

Smash Journeyman
Samox I hope everything is going well and that you can release this on time. I've been hype about this since the beginning.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
^that's what I wanted to say... so I will

Hope everything is running smoothly and that you are enjoying yourself and feel that the job you're doing is good.
Can't wait to see the final product. :)

samox

Smash Journeyman
Doing great guys, thanks for asking. Schedule is tight and there's not much time for anything else but I'll be honest - I asked for this and I glad I'm getting the chance to do it. Gonna try to do a semi-update on the 15th.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I finally got around to donating. I donated $20. :)

Not that it's all I care about or anything, but where can I see what my donation will get me as far as a hard copy or special thanks credits?

samox

Smash Journeyman
You can see right here! :)

The rewards are the same as they were during the kickstarter campaign:
$25 = DVD of the series
$50 = Exclusive DVD with extra content
$150 = Get included in the background of a scene.

FYI, in the last few weeks, a nice gentleman donated $200 and will be taking advantage of said 3rd reward.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Paying through PayPal is incredibly inconvenient for me, but it looks like the kickstarter campaign is finished as well. Is PayPal the only way I can donate?

samox

Smash Journeyman
They stack like mo fos. :)

@KayB - I don't have any other viable means of payment besides paypal, unfortunately. :(

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I think he's making fun of you for calling PayPal inconvenient, lol. There's nothing more convenient than PayPal if you compare it to mailing cash in an envelope.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I think he's making fun of you for calling PayPal inconvenient, lol. There's nothing more convenient than PayPal if you compare it to mailing cash in an envelope.
When I am bribing people, I thoroughly enjoy pulling that envelope of cash from my trenchcoat. Any else just doesn't feel the same.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I was having a good day until I read this. I hope your happy.

My PayPal account for some reason is locked and I have to call them up and unlock it, but that would require using my cell phone which is getting repaired and my home phone only does domestic calls etc etc etc. Rather not deal with it, but I suppose it can't be helped.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I didn't mean to ruin your day X_X just trying to point out that fixing your PayPal is probably easier than mailing cash in an envelope, that's all.

Top Bottom