• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Affiliates - Making appearances here and there since 2006

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
TSA has a good record of behaving when visiting houses for meetings.

I'll be in Florida from 11/02 to 11/09. See you guys in a week or so.

R3N0

Smash Lord
What is GOING ON the 29th?! I wanna be there and rep TSA NY :-p
ALSO

I play DotA
also
I'm super good at it.
also
I play Counter-strike (CS 1.6 + Source)
also
I'm super good at that as well. I've played CS for 7 years before smash ate my life.
also
I play SC on BATTLENET.
also
I play Ladder WCIII:TFT games as well. I think that takes more Micro since you need to also control a hero along with units. ALSO in Warcraft in general, since everything is so expensive, you need to manage your money better. You only get to have 5 on any given mine to have max potential. If you want more $ in SC you just pop out more SCVs or Drones etc. -_-'

in the end..
SC = WAY more MACRO less MICRO
WC3 = WAY more MICRO OK amt of Macro as well.
Dota = ALL micro, you can't really do much of anything else.. and you need to be able to predict / and be precise, conscious of your mana + do math to approximate the damage reduction etc. .. Plus DotA is so much fun.. so many heroes.. and ****** is soooo much fun lol..
CS = ULTIMATE FUN MICRO !! lol sorta.. i dunno its not even in the same category but.. I love CS to death, if I had a pro team, I'd go CS 100%. Because with a pro team, you form friendships and end up with late night ventrilo laughter. (thats how it was for like 5 out of 7 years I played the game..) ITS TOO GOOD..

pockyD

Smash Legend
sc is not less micro

i know the basic thought process is that if you have 20 units as opposed to 200 units, you are microing those 20 units harder

in reality, you need to be microing those 200 units just as much, so it's 10x as much micro

starcraft is the best

R3N0

Smash Lord
i guarantee you are not microing 200 units to the T. you are macroing groups of 12. =/ and SORTA microing to maybe move back the weaker units. But in all honesty, in WC3 you are only given a certain number of units and a hero. You need to make MORE of that with the BEST micro you can. =/
GAWD. this is coming from someone who has played both games extensively =/

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
What is GOING ON the 29th?! I wanna be there and rep TSA NY :-p
ALSO

I play DotA
also
I'm super good at it.
also
I play Counter-strike (CS 1.6 + Source)
also
I'm super good at that as well. I've played CS for 7 years before smash ate my life.
also
I play SC on BATTLENET.
also
I play Ladder WCIII:TFT games as well. I think that takes more Micro since you need to also control a hero along with units. ALSO in Warcraft in general, since everything is so expensive, you need to manage your money better. You only get to have 5 on any given mine to have max potential. If you want more $ in SC you just pop out more SCVs or Drones etc. -_-'

in the end..
SC = WAY more MACRO less MICRO
WC3 = WAY more MICRO OK amt of Macro as well.
Dota = ALL micro, you can't really do much of anything else.. and you need to be able to predict / and be precise, conscious of your mana + do math to approximate the damage reduction etc. .. Plus DotA is so much fun.. so many heroes.. and ****** is soooo much fun lol..
CS = ULTIMATE FUN MICRO !! lol sorta.. i dunno its not even in the same category but.. I love CS to death, if I had a pro team, I'd go CS 100%. Because with a pro team, you form friendships and end up with late night ventrilo laughter. (thats how it was for like 5 out of 7 years I played the game..) ITS TOO GOOD..

I am teh_spamerer, and I approve this message :bee:

pockyD

Smash Legend
i guarantee you are not microing 200 units to the T. you are macroing groups of 12. =/ and SORTA microing to maybe move back the weaker units. But in all honesty, in WC3 you are only given a certain number of units and a hero. You need to make MORE of that with the BEST micro you can. =/
GAWD. this is coming from someone who has played both games extensively =/
it's easy to micro 12 units though

obviously, for mediocre starcraft players like you and i (sorry if i'm making a failed assumption about your skill), the best we can do is 12 units at a time

but at a pro level, individual units are controlled with great precision... just watch some players mass irradiating, storming, reaver control, all that stuff not only existing in a vacuum, but while simultaneously moving the bulk of your army in some possibly unrelated combat zone

fewer units = easier micro, should be a basic concept =\

R3N0

Smash Lord
doyoung if you are ever on aim msg me and ill play lol

and in regards to SC
Maybe it is because I'm a mediocre player, but even still. I've seen some matches w/ ridiculous micro. NO DOUBT about it. but I MEAN lets be real for 1 minute.. no one is going to micro 5+ control groups of units. (12 PER GROUP) individually. They units DIE too fast to begin with.

pockyD

Smash Legend
doyoung if you are ever on aim msg me and ill play lol

and in regards to SC
Maybe it is because I'm a mediocre player, but even still. I've seen some matches w/ ridiculous micro. NO DOUBT about it. but I MEAN lets be real for 1 minute.. no one is going to micro 5+ control groups of units. (12 PER GROUP) individually. They units DIE too fast to begin with.
that just makes it even more important

in war3, if you notice an archmage casting blizzard, you have all day to move out

in starcraft, if you see a high templar even just beginning to cast psi-storm and aren't already prepared to move your units, they are probably already dead

pull your mutalisks back one second too late when attacking marines and that's the difference between having one mutalisk lose 50 hp and losing 6 mutalisks, period

it's not as important in the sense that mediocre micro can be overcome by far superior (to the other player) macro, but good micro has a much more drastic effect in starcraft than it does in war3

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Yay.

Mogwai, I bought you a housewarming gift from Florida for letting us stay at your place. I think you will be satisfied with it, if you don't have it already.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I will probably have room in my car and I can make stops in Jersey near the turnpike and some of the Parkway to pick folks up.

Cactus is probably gonna be in Red Lion, Pa so I don't think he will be able to make it. I am also not sure if Scar would want to go, because I don't know how interested he is in the non smashing. Either way I should have a few open seats.

You know what might be even more awesome...

If one of the Jersey guys could house me on Black Friday, we could leave from there.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I'm actually staying over at a Best Buy for Black Friday. They're having a deal where they open at 3 AM and you can buy flat screens with a 75% discount.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Want somebody to stay with you, WoZ? I actually need a new flat screen. If you have a DS we could tetris all night.

Edit: Aren't we doing stuff on Saturday? I didn't think anything was going on for Friday.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
All right, so let's break it down.

Over the last few days, I was informed about the Best Buy deal, so I'm going to do that on Black Friday going into Saturday morning. Anyone who wants to join me is free to do so. Then we'll do the whole TSA(C?) thing at Mogwai's that Saturday.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
All right, so let's break it down.

Over the last few days, I was informed about the Best Buy deal, so I'm going to do that on Black Friday going into Saturday morning. Anyone who wants to join me is free to do so. Then we'll do the whole TSA(C?) thing at Mogwai's that Saturday.
Are you sure that Best Buy deal isn't 3AM Friday Morning? That is how it usually works.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Here's the plan, TSA comes up to Stamford, CT (my place) on the 29th any time after say 11 AM. There will be smash, starcraft, alcohol, catan, and other general merriment provided. People should probably peace out by Sunday afternoon, but I'd probably be cool with people staying up until that point.

R3N0

Smash Lord
Yo is it cool if I catch a ride over to woz (is it cool wozy?) btw i think its 3am thursday night - going into friday morning they have that sale..

but anyway is it cool if i maybe come to woz's to catch this ride on friday sometime? =D? WOZ IS THAT COOLIO WITH U!?

but actually mogwai is it cool if i come =p?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Yo is it cool if I catch a ride over to woz (is it cool wozy?) btw i think its 3am thursday night - going into friday morning they have that sale..

but anyway is it cool if i maybe come to woz's to catch this ride on friday sometime? =D? WOZ IS THAT COOLIO WITH U!?

but actually mogwai is it cool if i come =p?
of course, but I will be making sure you're not doing Bacardi shot MMs :p

seriously, my roommate's gone for the weekend, all of TSA(C?) is welcome to come.

R3N0

Smash Lord
.. Bacardi ... shots.. of.. CATAN!?

whos in..
*Raises hand*

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
.. Bacardi ... shots.. of.. CATAN!?

whos in..
*Raises hand*
maybe not bacardi, it's better in Cuba Libre form than shot form, but some form of shots of Catan may be going down since it sounds like funsies.

EDIT: I just realized that my craft APMs go up as I drink. All the over 5 minutes games where I've had over 120 APM have been nights where I've had a couple beers/Cuba Libres

pockyD

Smash Legend
night man, sneaky and mean
something inside my dreams
i think i love you
you make me wanna cry, you make me wanna die
i love you i love you i love you i love you i love you night man

every night you come into my room and
pin me down with your strong arms
you pin me down and i try to fight you
you come inside me
you fill me up and i become the night man

Just two men sharing the night
It might seem wrong but it's just right
It's just two men sharing each other
It's just two men like loving brothers
One on top, and one on bottom
One inside, and one is out
One is screaming he's so happy
The other's screaming a passionate shout
It's the Night Man
The feeling so wrong it's right man
the feeling so wrong...
I can't fight you man when you come inside me and pin me down your strong hands and
I'll become the Night...
the passionate, passionate Night Man.

Top Bottom