• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Oh boy, Fullmetal Alchemist came to crunchyroll!
I'm going to wat - sorry, due to licensing limitations, the rest of this comment isn't available in your country.
Yes, it sucks.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
This has been going through my mind constantly at all these Sun & Moon reveals:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I love Brionne. I want to give it a big hug.

Makes me happy I already decided I'm picking Popplio.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
We've gotten about 48-54 Pokemon so far.
So, unless this game doesn't top/only barely tops the number of Pokemon in X and Y, I don't think that we've seen most.
But I could be very wrong about that, that's just what I think.
I love Brionne. I want to give it a big hug.

Makes me happy I already decided I'm picking Popplio.
I think Brionne is pretty cool too.
Litten's evolution is my least favorite.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
We've gotten about 48-54 Pokemon so far.
So, unless this game doesn't top/only barely tops the number of Pokemon in X and Y, I don't think that we've seen most.
But I could be very wrong about that, that's just what I think.

I think Brionne is pretty cool too.
Litten's evolution is my least favorite.
I like Rowlet's the least.

Also with how rapidly we are getting new pokemon there's totally gonna be over 100 new ones, maybe even nearing 150 again.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Bullhockey, I say.

Like we weren't spoiled on every single one of the 151 'mons from the anime and all the promotional material the initial Pokecraze had.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What's the new Pokkén character? I bought the WiiU version, it was fun, but too barren to keep getting back at it. DLC may be the thing this game needs.
The last character revealed (Darkrai, who is still arcade only as of this moment) was found via datamining prior to being announced. The other 2 names found in the files were Scizor and Empoleon, though no one can say for sure if they were playable fighter files or something like assists. I'd lean towards the former for now.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
**** this guy.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Welp, I'm a "normal" member again.
Also, today was a great day and now, I have holiday.
So, I'm happy.:cheep:

Arrei

Smash Lord
I got a rare mount in World of Warcraft. Life-Binder's Handmaiden. I guess that counted as a good day?

I still want to curl up in bed and die right now though.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I just knew they couldn't remove Mega evolutions. And the starter evolutions are looking hype
I wonder how different Ash Greninja is to regular Greninja stat-wise
I had one thought, where Ash-Greninja's attack, special attack, and speed would increase. However, its defenses would not be any better than normal Greninja, so it would be an offensive Pokemon. I did post the following at a different thread.

Considering that Greninja has to KO something to trigger the ability, Battle Bond will probably be a situational ability. And of course, you are sacrificing an ability that changes Greninja's typing, so you would have to stick with the Water/Dark-type combination.

In regards to Ash-Greninja's stats, its base HP remains unchanged, based on the trailer footage. In regards to its other stats, I'm kind of thinking about how that would play out...

Ash-Greninja
HP: 72
Attack: 125 (+30)
Defense: 67
SP ATK: 143 (+40)
SP DEF: 71
Speed: 152 (+30)
Total: 630 (+100)

Basically, Ash-Greninja would outspeed even Mega Alakazam and Mega Aerodactyl, but it would still fall short of outspeeding Ninjask.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
I had one thought, where Ash-Greninja's attack, special attack, and speed would increase. However, its defenses would not be any better than normal Greninja, so it would be an offensive Pokemon. I did post the following at a different thread.
Greninja is already a great Pokemon. Stats wise, its not the strongest pokemon, but it has high speed and an insane movepool. But the Protean ability is really what made Greninja broken in competitive battling. And if Ash Greninja has a BST of 600+, those are legendary-like stats. that might ban Ash-Greninja to Ubers along with Protean Greninja. Hopefully having an Ash-Greninja with Protean isn't possible, because that would be even more broken with the stat boosts lol

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Rather surprisingly, I'm liking all three of the middle evolutions. The Owl is still my favourite, because of those expessions

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Greninja is already a great Pokemon. Stats wise, its not the strongest pokemon, but it has high speed and an insane movepool. But the Protean ability is really what made Greninja broken in competitive battling. And if Ash Greninja has a BST of 600+, those are legendary-like stats. that might ban Ash-Greninja to Ubers along with Protean Greninja. Hopefully having an Ash-Greninja with Protean isn't possible, because that would be even more broken with the stat boosts lol
Seeing as how Battle Bond is an ability, Protean Ash-Greninja shouldn't be possible.
Unless you can utilize Skill Swap or Entrainment in some way.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Festive Plaza sort of reminded me of the Disney castle you see in their intros.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The main check with Ash-Greninja is that it can't have the Protean ability. That pretty much means that it'll only get STAB when using Water-type or Dark-type attacks; this is something that puts Battle Bond Greninja at a disadvantage, as it's only really threatening when it has the Protean ability, and it can't become Ash-Greninja if it doesn't make a KO.

Because of this weakness, I speculated that Ash-Greninja's attack and special attack would be increased to compensate for not being able to have the Protean ability. And the speed increase would be handy as well. If you can trigger the form change, congrats.

But even when you do trigger the form change, just watch out for Mach Punch users, such as Conkeldurr, who can wipe out Greninja with a single Choice Band (or Guts) boosted Mach Punch; even a Conkeldurr Mach Punch that's boosted by the Life Orb and Iron Fist ability can make the 1-hit KO.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I feel like everyone but I have forgot about the fact that the starters share the different final evo forms thing that Rockruff has.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
The main check with Ash-Greninja is that it can't have the Protean ability. That pretty much means that it'll only get STAB when using Water-type or Dark-type attacks; this is something that puts Battle Bond Greninja at a disadvantage, as it's only really threatening when it has the Protean ability, and it can't become Ash-Greninja if it doesn't make a KO.

Because of this weakness, I speculated that Ash-Greninja's attack and special attack would be increased to compensate for not being able to have the Protean ability. And the speed increase would be handy as well. If you can trigger the form change, congrats.

But even when you do trigger the form change, just watch out for Mach Punch users, such as Conkeldurr, who can wipe out Greninja with a single Choice Band (or Guts) boosted Mach Punch; even a Conkeldurr Mach Punch that's boosted by the Life Orb and Iron Fist ability can make the 1-hit KO.
Yeah. It will probably get offense boosts. And since it won't have Protean, it can't just sweep teams and have STAB coverage for everything. It can still have a diverse movepool, and it will probably still be pretty effective without Protean with the stat boosts it will probably get. Who knows, maybe Ash-Greninja will be banned to Ubers along with Protean Greninja, lol.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah. It will probably get offense boosts. And since it won't have Protean, it can't just sweep teams and have STAB coverage for everything. It can still have a diverse movepool, and it will probably still be pretty effective without Protean with the stat boosts it will probably get. Who knows, maybe Ash-Greninja will be banned to Ubers along with Protean Greninja, lol.
Hard to say. Not all mega evolutions got the uber treatment after all. I know that Ash-Greninja technically isn't a mega evolution, but its power is comparable to that of a mega evolved Pokemon, based on what the anime series has shown.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Still sticking with Team Popplio. Rowlet was my least favorite of the three basic-stage starters, but Robinroot and now Dartrix have started to give me a more favorable opinion toward it. Yet, I don't want two Grass-types on my team, and I already want a Lurantis to fill the Grass-type role, hence why I'm going for Popplio here.

Not to mention I think Brionne is quite adorable and the supposed (more like guarantee because Brionne looks like the perfect transition) final evolution is already looking amazing, so I'm pretty happy I'm still picking Popplio as a starter.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Hard to say. Not all mega evolutions got the uber treatment after all. I know that Ash-Greninja technically isn't a mega evolution, but its power is comparable to that of a mega evolved Pokemon, based on what the anime series has shown.
Yeah not every mega evolution is uber. Ash-Greninja isn't a mega, but I'm saying if its stats are legendary-like, it has the chance to go to Ubers. Greninja got banned because it was extremely hard to counter it, or there were no definitive counters because of its movepool and Protean.
Tbh the OU Metagame is sometimes a huge mess, and some people think that Megas are bad, there are so many threats lol. I personally love mega evolutions; they are super cool and they make lower tier Pokemon more viable, and make cool pokemon even more awesome. Thats just me though, and I understand why people think Megas are ruining the game.
Megas also overcentralize the VGC scene. I'm a singles Smogon player, so I wouldn't really know too much about doubles, but thats what I've heard.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I have finally have some activity on DevienART that isn't "find drawning that look cool". I actually encounter that like the same thing as me so I am going to do some thing for them.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Rockruff and the starters share a secret. Rockruff has a different form for its evolution. What else could the secret they share be?
That was a mistranslation.

The starters have a secret, and so does Rockruff; Rockruff's secret being the dual forms. They don't share a secret.

EDIT:

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah not every mega evolution is uber. Ash-Greninja isn't a mega, but I'm saying if its stats are legendary-like, it has the chance to go to Ubers. Greninja got banned because it was extremely hard to counter it, or there were no definitive counters because of its movepool and Protean.
Tbh the OU Metagame is sometimes a huge mess, and some people think that Megas are bad, there are so many threats lol. I personally love mega evolutions; they are super cool and they make lower tier Pokemon more viable, and make cool pokemon even more awesome. Thats just me though, and I understand why people think Megas are ruining the game.
Megas also overcentralize the VGC scene. I'm a singles Smogon player, so I wouldn't really know too much about doubles, but thats what I've heard.
It has been over two years since the last time I've done online battles, but I've pretty much gotten down which mega evolutions are not worth using at all.

Alakazam is powerful enough with the Life Orb, making Mega Alakazam rather pointless, while Mega Aerodactyl lacks any good STAB moves to take advantage of its Tough Claws ability; Choice Band Aerodactyl would pack a bigger punch most of the time.

As for Mega Mewtwo Y, while it's less powerful than Life Orb Mewtwo, it does have some viability in that it can take special attacks better, and can't be put to sleep by moves like Dark Void. However, Mega Mewtwo Y can't take physical hits as well as normal Mewtwo, so it's a double-edged sword dilemma.

Mega Banette seems interesting at first, but Sableye can cover the Prankster department without using up your only mega evolution slot. And since Banette's physical movepool is quite poor, Mega Banette's base 165 attack is heavily wasted.

As for Mega Heracross, the only thing that really saves it from being pointless is Skill Link, which enables Pin Missile, Bullet Seed, and Rock Blast to always hit 5 times.

Those are just some examples that I've gotten down throughout the months.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Bullhockey, I say.

Like we weren't spoiled on every single one of the 151 'mons from the anime and all the promotional material the initial Pokecraze had.
Huh, I honestly didn't know that. Even though it's been happening for awhile that doesn't make it good, I think.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Bullhockey, I say.

Funny thing is that some were movie only. It wasn't till Diamond/Pearl that we saw Mew outside of a movie.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
It has been over two years since the last time I've done online battles, but I've pretty much gotten down which mega evolutions are not worth using at all.

Alakazam is powerful enough with the Life Orb, making Mega Alakazam rather pointless, while Mega Aerodactyl lacks any good STAB moves to take advantage of its Tough Claws ability; Choice Band Aerodactyl would pack a bigger punch most of the time.

As for Mega Mewtwo Y, while it's less powerful than Life Orb Mewtwo, it does have some viability in that it can take special attacks better, and can't be put to sleep by moves like Dark Void. However, Mega Mewtwo Y can't take physical hits as well as normal Mewtwo, so it's a double-edged sword dilemma.

Mega Banette seems interesting at first, but Sableye can cover the Prankster department without using up your only mega evolution slot. And since Banette's physical movepool is quite poor, Mega Banette's base 165 attack is heavily wasted.

As for Mega Heracross, the only thing that really saves it from being pointless is Skill Link, which enables Pin Missile, Bullet Seed, and Rock Blast to always hit 5 times.

Those are just some examples that I've gotten down throughout the months.
Saying that Skill Link is the only thing that saves Heracross from being pointless isn't necessarily true. The extra stat boosts that Mega Heracross can be helpful; it just depends on the scenario. I don't think any Megas are "pointless", yes, its obvious that there are Pokemon used mainly for their abilities (Nidoking, Azumarill, Serperior, Megas, etc.) or a period of time, Mega Alakazam was becoming more prominent, and regular life orb Zam was popular. The meta is always changing, and you don't really know what Pokemon will start being used more for whatever reason (to counter or check certain threats, for gimmicks like Gothitelle, or just simply because people want to experiment) For instance, Amoonguss and Tangrowth are unfortunately in OU because the metagame is leaning more towards stall :/
And for Aerodactyl, its usually better to have a Mega Aerodactyl than just a CB Aero. Yeah, Choice items can boost stats more than a Mega evolution, but if Choice Band Aero would pack a bigger punch most of the time, then it would be at least in the same tier and usage as Mega Aerodactyl in UU. Regular Aero is RU lol. Choiced items are good, but their disadvantage is you can only use one move.
Pretty much every Mega form of a Pokemon is better and used more than its regular form. I'm not saying that regular forms can't work, but usually Megas are better... and since Megas are so standard now, you're technically at an disadvantage without a mega. But its not impossible. For some Pokemon, it may be better to hold a regular item instead of a mega stone for certain situations, teams, and of course to mix it up. Certain pokemon like Alakazam, Life Orb or Sash can be useful, and so can its Mega form. Trace could come in handy. Again, it just depends on the scenario.
No mega is truly "pointless" in my eyes; sure there may be gimmicks and only a few reasons why they're used, but thats how it goes in Pokemon. Its like Smash; you make whatever works to work.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Huh, I honestly didn't know that. Even though it's been happening for awhile that doesn't make it good, I think.
Well, the merchandising for Pokemon hit quite a while before the games or even the show came out on these shores. I remember seeing commercials for the Pocket Pikachu before Pokemon was even a thing yet. "Pika Pika, Pikachuuu~"

I even got a Pokemon book cover in my 3rd grade class advertising the upcoming premier of the cartoon. Then once the show came out, the Pokerap showed off every Pokemon (except for Mew? Did the Pokerap have Mew?) in quick order. By the time most of us got started on our own Pokemon journeys, our heads were veritable Pokedexes already!

Oh yeah, I know - it's that first type specifically that I always asked for, because I have a lot of room to improve. Not that I'd turn down a good compliment to boost my ego, but I want to get better!

I should post some of my stuff here sometime, maybe.
Also, expounding on this, I think I could actually use some help on this front right now, friendos. I've been currently in the process of updating my designs for the characters I came up all the way back in high school, and I really wanted to change the color choices I had for this character. I'd like to share the initial changes I came up with and collect some thoughts on it. However, this network I'm on blocks image hosting sites, so while I have the link I can't guarantee it'll come out right - if I fudge it up I'll have to repost it properly later: (Fingers crossed I don't accidentally post something entirely, catastrophically wrong and remain unaware until later)

So there are two things I'd like input on, if anyone wouldn't mind? First off, how do these base colors of her clothes look paired with her hair, which isn't subject to change? Do they need changing? This character is meant to be aligned with the fire element, but I intentionally wanted to avoid the typical "Fiery" color mixes of yellow and orange for her everyday clothing, for both character purposes and because it's so... expected. However, I've got some saying it's fine and others are saying the specific color of purple here is rubbing them the wrong way.

Second, I actually really need a name for her. Her current name, Jerina, was one of many names I came up with in high school which were just random mishmashes of syllables crammed into a shape resembling a name. I don't like that name anymore, but I'm having a hard time picking a suitable one that both sounds normal and not boring. Like, I don't want to just call her "Jane" or something. As a character, as previously mentioned she's fire elemental, and despite being the second youngest at 19 years old out of a main group of four she basically plays the role of team mom, taking care of all the usual "girly" things. But the theme she explores is repressing her "true" self, causing her colors to represent a suppressed flame, only allowing her eyes to complement the red, while unleashing her powers gives her a traditional, burning color scheme, while also coming to realize that what she perceives as a "mask" she is wearing is also a genuine part of herself. I'm leaning towards "Maya", for its connections to motherliness in another language right now.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, the merchandising for Pokemon hit quite a while before the games or even the show came out on these shores. I remember seeing commercials for the Pocket Pikachu before Pokemon was even a thing yet. "Pika Pika, Pikachuuu~"

I even got a Pokemon book cover in my 3rd grade class advertising the upcoming premier of the cartoon. Then once the show came out, the Pokerap showed off every Pokemon (except for Mew? Did the Pokerap have Mew?) in quick order. By the time most of us got started on our own Pokemon journeys, our heads were veritable Pokedexes already!

Also, expounding on this, I think I could actually use some help on this front right now, friendos. I've been currently in the process of updating my designs for the characters I came up all the way back in high school, and I really wanted to change the color choices I had for this character. I'd like to share the initial changes I came up with and collect some thoughts on it. However, this network I'm on blocks image hosting sites, so while I have the link I can't guarantee it'll come out right - if I fudge it up I'll have to repost it properly later: (Fingers crossed I don't accidentally post something entirely, catastrophically wrong and remain unaware until later)

So there are two things I'd like input on, if anyone wouldn't mind? First off, how do these base colors of her clothes look paired with her hair, which isn't subject to change? Do they need changing? This character is meant to be aligned with the fire element, but I intentionally wanted to avoid the typical "Fiery" color mixes of yellow and orange for her everyday clothing, for both character purposes and because it's so... expected. However, I've got some saying it's fine and others are saying the specific color of purple here is rubbing them the wrong way.

Second, I actually really need a name for her. Her current name, Jerina, was one of many names I came up with in high school which were just random mishmashes of syllables crammed into a shape resembling a name. I don't like that name anymore, but I'm having a hard time picking a suitable one that both sounds normal and not boring. Like, I don't want to just call her "Jane" or something. As a character, as previously mentioned she's fire elemental, and despite being the second youngest at 19 years old out of a main group of four she basically plays the role of team mom, taking care of all the usual "girly" things. But the theme she explores is repressing her "true" self, causing her colors to represent a suppressed flame, only allowing her eyes to complement the red, while unleashing her powers gives her a traditional, burning color scheme, while also coming to realize that what she perceives as a "mask" she is wearing is also a genuine part of herself. I'm leaning towards "Maya", for its connections to motherliness in another language right now.
I think the color look fine to me. A character using fire for exemple shouldn't be force to have alot of red on her ouftit in my opinion. (Tough, I said that, but one of my character is basically this, so, think what you want) Also, I like the overall color palette you choosed.
As for a name, it is probably one of the hardest part. Since you want to have name that sound good but not cliched or "edgy" or stupid. Which can be realy hard depending on the character personality, power, etc...
The only name I have right now in my head are...:
Mared
Marde
Fieray
Solune
and Maska

I don't know if those are good or not, but that's what I had in mind when I have see your description.
Anyway, I hope it help ya and also, really good job! It's really great!:)

Top Bottom