• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Since the direct is tomorrow and we're most likely going to see something with Fire Emblem Warriors, I guess I'll post my last roster prediction before tomorrow happens and completely destroys my roster.

The bottom part is DLC

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Since the direct is tomorrow and we're most likely going to see something with Fire Emblem Warriors, I guess I'll post my last roster prediction before tomorrow happens and completely destroys my roster.

The bottom part is DLC
I only don't want that to be the real one cause it has too many from Fates.

Also for the dlc I kinda would rather Inigo, Owain and Severa to be Lazlow, Odin and Selena.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968

The bottom part is DLC
You never know, you could be spot on with your prediction or pretty close. I'm hoping all games get equal representation, but I have a feeling FE13/FE14 will have the majority of the roster, well since... Fates is the newest FE game lol and it will appeal to the modern fanbase. I'll be disappointed if its mostly newer generation FE characters, but I'll probably still play it anyways. I just hope they also try to appeal and give some love to the older games as well.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I only don't want that to be the real one cause it has too many from Fates.

Also for the dlc I kinda would rather Inigo, Owain and Severa to be Lazlow, Odin and Selena.
I just took 3 characters who are important in all 3 routes as my Revelations representation (Corrin, Garon, and Azura) and then took 4 from Birthright and Conquest, being the families.

Also, the only big difference is their name. I'd have them have a mix between their Awakening and Fates classes.

No Jaffar, the Angel of Death?
I actually had to look up who he was. I don't think I ever even made it that far in FE7 yet. :laugh:

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
I just took 3 characters who are important in all 3 routes as my Revelations representation (Corrin, Garon, and Azura) and then took 4 from Birthright and Conquest, being the families.

Also, the only big difference is their name. I'd have them have a mix between their Awakening and Fates classes.

I actually had to look up who he was. I don't think I ever even made it that far in FE7 yet. :laugh:
The Blazing Sword (what I call FE7), is my favorite in the entire franchise.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I think it should just be Corrin, Azura and Garon but sadly I don't see that happening.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Any Fates representation can potentially be limited to a couple characters. Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, and Azura are probably a good start.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I just don't want FEW to be too awakening/fates focused and give the rest of the series **** ll.

The worst outcome being Marth and Ike as the only characters not from said games.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
I just don't want FEW to be too awakening/fates focused and give the rest of the series **** ll.

The worst outcome being Marth and Ike as the only characters not from said games.
I completely agree. I'd really like to see Nergal there. He's one of the most interesting main antagonists I've ever seen in a video game. Especially if you investigate his backstory (and the fact that he isn't even the final boss).

Autumn ♫

I personally don't know if we'll get anything asides from lords and MUs. Although if I had my way Jill, Mia, and Nephenee from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn would be in. Oh, and Setsuna as well along with all the characters in my roster.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

The bottom part is DLC
Needs more characters from PoR/RD.

Then again, who am I to judge. I don't have time to come up with a prediction roster since I'm back in college again.

Only predictions I made are for the Baseball Hall of Fame balloting tomorrow, that being only Vladimir Guerrero and Ivan Rodriguez will get in this year.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
The funny thing is, Alolan Marowak's typing is completely different from that of Cubone.
In all fairness, the original Marowak is the exact same typing. It's a bit different between the Passimian/Oranguru argument here since it's altered due to its environment. :p

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So this morning at breakfast, my friend told me he thinks he knows why Bowser kidnaps Princess Peach all the time.

He thinks Bowser was once married, but his wife passed away due to an illness shortly after Bowser Junior was born, which drove Bowser into madness.

I don't really believe my friend about this. Sure, it may seem possible, but wouldn't there be some recollection of Bowsers late wife?

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
So this morning at breakfast, my friend told me he thinks he knows why Bowser kidnaps Princess Peach all the time.

He thinks Bowser was once married, but his wife passed away due to an illness shortly after Bowser Junior was born, which drove Bowser into madness.

I don't really believe my friend about this. Sure, it may seem possible, but wouldn't there be some recollection of Bowsers late wife?
I've heard that Bowser is asexual and doesn't need a partner to reproduce. But I'd rather think that he had a wife

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
So. Fire Emblem 2 remake. That was the last thing I expected, and yet it's something I probably want more than anything else they just showed. Cool.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
First, the Gaiden remake!! I never played Gaiden but I'm so glad they went ahead and remade it. Looks really awesome and it looks true to its roots for the most part...? I'm sure all of those who played it are hyped. And a new FE title for the Switch is in the works.
I thought FE warriors would have more content shown, as it was only Chrom being shown. Oh well. I'm not upset, I still have my hopes up for that game.
Also FE Heroes... the FE mobile game. It looks fun, since now I can play FE on my phone and now I have a game that I'll actually play on my phone lol. And people get to voting for your hero/heroine!
Awesome direct. If they only showed the Gaiden remake I would still be pretty happy.
Also The Alm and Celica Gaiden remake art!
upload_2017-1-18_16-31-58.png

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah, I'm really happy to see another mainline FE game on the 3DS. It will give me a chance to try out Gaiden too, which I haven't played.

FE Warriors looks swell, but I need more details.

So happy that FE Heroes is actually releasing on Android first. I guess this is compensation for SMR.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Nintendo concerning Fire Emblem Echoes: "We heard there was much fan demand for a new Metroid game, so we decided to remake one of them as a Fire Emblem game!"

(yes I will repost my twitter joke here Falkoopa)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
God I love Fire Emblem so ****ing much.

P.S. a definition of Echoes is "a close parallel or repetition of an idea, feeling, style, or event."

And there's no real need for the Echoes line to be in there when Fire Emblem Gaiden: Shadows of Valentia would have gotten the message across. Unless Echoes itself is indicative of something. Like that definition.

We've got a subseries of remakes coming our way. Prepare yourselves, the dreams of many for 14 years is coming to pass.

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Of course, new Fire Emblem remake already has amiibos confirmed with a release date, meanwhile I've been waiting for LITERALLY over a year for Cloud...

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
So 3DS is still getting games, huh. Despite Switch being a supposed replacement as both a portable and home console. So really, all they did was kill off WiiU. Thanks Nintendo.

And whats all this garbage about having to use an paid app for all basic online functions? This better be an option and not a requirement because thats a terrible workaroud for a thing that should just work in the console itself.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
So 3DS is still getting games, huh. Despite Switch being a supposed replacement as both a portable and home console. So really, all they did was kill off WiiU. Thanks Nintendo.

And whats all this garbage about having to use an paid app for all basic online functions? This better be an option and not a requirement because thats a terrible workaroud for a thing that should just work in the console itself.
It makes sense for the 3DS to keep getting games, though. The system is absurdly popular worldwide- it was pretty much impossible to find one around the holidays, and especially with Pokemon Sun/Moon, the system has been more popular than ever. Meanwhile, there's barely anything happening for Wii U because all development has, well, switched. The 3DS has been consistently successful though, and nobody's going to be getting rid of their 3DS anytime soon. I imagine around 2018 is when development for it will halt- I mean even this year we only have a few things for 3DS that we know are coming, so development has already started slowing down significantly. The Switch still needs to build up a userbase this year, so it made sense to just drop the one system they were supporting that has been hurting them for the past few years. I mean, could you imagine the hell of managing development for three different systems, especially knowing one of them was just making you lose money? Not to mention it would just delay Wii U owners from moving onto the Switch when Ninty needs us to.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

The Switch is the new home console. It's replacing only the WiiU. They're cutting their losses with it and starting over with a new console.

The 3ds is super popular. They'd have to be stupid not to keep making games for it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Switch is the new home console. It's replacing only the WiiU. They're cutting their losses with it and starting over with a new console.

The 3ds is super popular. They'd have to be stupid not to keep making games for it.
The main thing to keep in mind, however, is that once the Wii U is done, only the 3DS will continue to use Miiverse. Also, the lack of Nintendo Network for the Switch is troubling, especially since you'll have to pay for the online services later on during the year.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The main thing to keep in mind, however, is that once the Wii U is done, only the 3DS will continue to use Miiverse. Also, the lack of Nintendo Network for the Switch is troubling, especially since you'll have to pay for the online services later on during the year.
I imagine the paying for online will help guarantee great online stability.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Yeah, someone has to pay to host those servers. That's why Microsoft and Sony have it like that- they get a lot of third party content that's heavily online so their servers are more heavily stressed. Nintendo tends to focus more on local multiplayer, but with stuff like Splatoon 2, MK8 DX, Arms, Bomberman, and more to come, along with Switch likely having a much bigger install base than Wii U, Nintendo might want to foot part of the bill to us. I'm not entirely happy about it but as long as it's not too pricey I'll live.

In other news, I got my haircut a couple days ago and I just realized that it accidentally looks almost exactly like Celica's. I was even wanting to dye my hair red! Kinda weird coincidence there, huh? (And tied back my hair looks like Sheela's from Shining Force 2, though I doubt the average goer knows that character... Everybody play Shining Force 2 it's like the best game on the Genesis.)

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
In other news, I got my haircut a couple days ago and I just realized that it accidentally looks almost exactly like Celica's. I was even wanting to dye my hair red! Kinda weird coincidence there, huh?
Funny you should say that. My fiancée has hair that looks like Celica's, but she has natural red hair.

Maybe I should get my hairstylist to cut my hair so I look like Alm before wedding day.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I've been playing nothing but Metal Gear games for a week straight send help

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think I'll start Conquest later today.

I plan to beat that, Revelations and Awakening before Echoes rolls out.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
It's been ages since I last posted.

As I am me, and I am running for the annual late to the party award, I'm going to say my opinions of the switch presentation now.

So as for all the things such as motion control and other that kinda things, I guess they're cool. I'm not really into that sort of thing, but as long as they're not forcing them down our throats, I accept them.

1-2 Switch, I'm really sceptical about, nothing else.
ARMS might be cool, if the motion controls work properly.
Splatoon 2. I have never played the original splatoon, but it looked interesting, and if this is just that but better, I see no reason to not like it.
Super Mario Odyssey looks pretty dang dope, and fresh, and all those nice adjectives. So a 3D Mario game, but better.
Dragon Quest XI is something I want.
Other RPGs and Skyrim, I guess they're cool.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Never played any of those, I don't really know.
And then, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. That game is not an ordinary game. I have never felt like this about a game, just based on a trailer. This is love. The game just looks beautiful in any way, and the gameplay looks great. I need the game I need it.

Top Bottom