• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
I'm really happy my favorite Fates character, Takumi, is currently in the top 10. I'm hoping he either keeps his top 10 position or even moves up a more places.

I just gave my vote to Sakura today, and it was surprising yet very nice to see her in the top 20.

Chrom at number 4 is great for me too (he's one of my favorite Awakening characters), and Nowi is another surprising character to see doing this well, but I'm happy see she is ranked this high (she' another one of my favorites).
I was under the impression that not many people liked Takumi, but it turns out I was wrong. I love the role he plays in conquest, he really hammers home the consequences of Corrin's decision to join Nohr.
(Spoilers for FE: Fates)
He's also a great final boss.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well here are the Fire Emblem Heroes Midterm Results. The 3DS games (FE13/14) are clearly dominant in this as I expected, but there are some things I was surprised about and happy with.
For the Heroes, I'm stoked to see Ike at 1st, with Roy and Hector (YES) at 2nd and 3rd. I'm happy about that.
Chrom being at 4th doesn't surprise me much either. I do like Chrom though. I honestly expected Marth to be a bit higher, but not too bad at 6th and 14th for both of his games. Go past #7, and the modern characters start to dominate like expected, but I'm just happy my boy Ephraim and Hector are in the Top 10. Also cool to see Joshua at 17th, he was a popular character from Sacred Stones. I'm pleasantly surprised to see Dorcas in the Top 20 as well. I guess I underestimated him.

As for the Heroines, this is pretty much what I expected - Lucina, Tharja, and Camilla in the Top 5. At least Lady Lyndis is #1 right now. I thought Azura would be higher, and I forgot about Cordelia lol. I'm glad to see my girls Eirika and Micaiah in the Top 10. Lute is funny to see, since she's like a meme lol. And great to see Mia and Nephenee at least in the Top 20. And of course, everyone's favorite Est archetype, Nino.
Overall happy that most of the characters I'm voting for are in the Top 20 right now, so I can't be too mad. The results are what I expected for the most part. It It'll be interesting to see the final results...
It's rather heartwarming to see Dorcas up in the Top 20, even beating out male Corrin and Owain.

--------------------

A bit of update on Pokémon Sun.

As for my progress, I've beaten Galdion at Mt. Lanakila, so I'm pretty close to the end of the game's story. And what a ride it has been.
Apparently the game decided that blowing my mind once wasn't enough, it had to go and do that again. At this point, I would really, really like to see the story of Pokémon Sun and Moon in animated form.

Honestly, no other game in the entire series made me felt this invested in the story and the characters. It's strange... I think this is the first Pokémon game where the human characters were the main highlight of the game, not the Pokémon themselves - excluding Nebby, of course.

Wow.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
I finally did what was long overdue, and beat Dark Souls. A feat which I am pretty proud of, but also sort of ashamed that it's so late after I actually started the game.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I was under the impression that not many people liked Takumi, but it turns out I was wrong. I love the role he plays in conquest, he really hammers home the consequences of Corrin's decision to join Nohr.
(Spoilers for FE: Fates)
He's also a great final boss.
I remember seeing most of the Takumi hate happening during the pre-release and early days of Fates release, but he became more beloved amongst fans as time went on. I know he also did really well in the Japanese polls: 3rd place of the males in the official Fates character popularity poll, and 1st place for both the Nintendo Dream and Famitsu popularity polls.

I enjoyed Takumi's role in Conquest too. He made a pretty good foil to Corrin in that route.

It was also really interesting to see how he became more and more corrupted by Anankos as the game progressed due to all the personal issues he was facing (shock of Corrin's betrayal, his mother's death, his inferiority complex etc.) that made him the perfect target for possession.

Speaking of the story, another aspect I liked about Takumi is that he was one of the few characters that doesn't kiss Corrin's feet from the get-go, and he has realistic reaction to Corrin's initial return to Hoshido.

I also really relate to Takumi personally, particularly the anxiety and inferiority complex issues to him (the latter moreso among my friends back in my high school times rather than my family).

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
I'm really happy my favorite Fates character, Takumi, is currently in the top 10. I'm hoping he either keeps his top 10 position or even moves up a more places.

I just gave my vote to Sakura today, and it was surprising yet very nice to see her in the top 20.

Chrom at number 4 is great for me too (he's one of my favorite Awakening characters), and Nowi is another surprising character to see doing this well, but I'm happy see she is ranked this high (she' another one of my favorites).
Nowi is basically the most popular manakete of FE13, and Chrom being 4 makes sense too.
I'm just glad that Ephraim, Eirika, Ike, Micaiah, and Hector are in the Top 10. I was really dreading that the whole list would be 3DS characters, but it turned out better than I thought.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well here are the Fire Emblem Heroes Midterm Results. The 3DS games (FE13/14) are clearly dominant in this as I expected, but there are some things I was surprised about and happy with.
For the Heroes, I'm stoked to see Ike at 1st, with Roy and Hector (YES) at 2nd and 3rd. I'm happy about that.
Chrom being at 4th doesn't surprise me much either. I do like Chrom though. I honestly expected Marth to be a bit higher, but not too bad at 6th and 14th for both of his games. Go past #7, and the modern characters start to dominate like expected, but I'm just happy my boy Ephraim and Hector are in the Top 10. Also cool to see Joshua at 17th, he was a popular character from Sacred Stones. I'm pleasantly surprised to see Dorcas in the Top 20 as well. I guess I underestimated him.

As for the Heroines, this is pretty much what I expected - Lucina, Tharja, and Camilla in the Top 5. At least Lady Lyndis is #1 right now. I thought Azura would be higher, and I forgot about Cordelia lol. I'm glad to see my girls Eirika and Micaiah in the Top 10. Lute is funny to see, since she's like a meme lol. And great to see Mia and Nephenee at least in the Top 20. And of course, everyone's favorite Est archetype, Nino.
Overall happy that most of the characters I'm voting for are in the Top 20 right now, so I can't be too mad. The results are what I expected for the most part. It It'll be interesting to see the final results...
Wow, people really really like Lyn.

I like that :D.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Wow, people really really like Lyn.

I like that :D.
Yep, Lady Lyndis is pretty popular. Hector is right up there with her for the males, but sadly Eliwood isn't (because of his son, Roy)
For many people, Lyndis was the first FE Lord/Character they saw. She also has some haters, but for the most part she's a beloved character. Not only is she gorgeous, but she's a good unit in FE7 and has a good personality.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923

Wait, what is this for?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

The fact that Tharja and Camilla are on the top 5 list just tells how rigged it is from my view. Both characters are downright creepy and I see Camilla acting like my mother at time (minus the flirting) so no, I do NOT want to see either of them get a major focus. Same with Takumi and his Nohriam scum line got really annoying after awhile.

Wow...I didn't realize I hated characters from Fates that badly

Bonus for my girls Mia and Nephenee to make the cut

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
The fact that Tharja and Camilla are on the top 5 list just tells how rigged it is from my view. Both characters are downright creepy and I see Camilla acting like my mother at time (minus the flirting) so no, I do NOT want to see either of them get a major focus. Same with Takumi and his Nohriam scum line got really annoying after awhile.

Rigged? Uhm... Tharja and Camilla are just popular. Really popular. Like, all over the internet popular. I'm not a fan of Tharja personally, but there are just a LOT of people who like her. Same with Camilla, which is probably due to her being, er, well endowed and flirty. Boobs and ass sell. Man, just because it isn't going the way you want doesn't mean that it's rigged. Awakening and Fates are like, the only recent well-selling FE games over here and they're really popular- I mean the former saved the entire franchise and made it one of Ninty's big IPs. Is it that shocking that two particular characters from them are in the top 5? Sorry if you personally don't want to see them get a major focus, but unfortunately a ton of people do.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

The fact that there are that many pre-Awakening characters there is imo proof that it's NOT rigged. Tharja and Camilla are popular, really, even if many here don't like them. Just look at freaking Dorcas. He wouldn't have stood a chance if it was rigged.

I'm just happy that Lyn and Ike are leading the poll. Fire Emblem hasn't forgotten its roots.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I decided to get KH 2.8, FFX HD, and Pokemon Platinum yesterday. So far I'm liking what I played of KH 2.8 (although I'm not going to fully play through the game until later) and I haven't gotten to play FFX yet. I'm excited to start playing Platinum, since I haven't beaten Gen 4 before (even though I owned D&P when I was younger, I never finished them and I seem to have lost my copy of both).

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
I'm chuckling to myself when I think of last year's april's fools day, the EmblemBoards, and look at the recent posts in this thread. But it is a shame that I do not have any kind of connection to anything Fire Emblem related, so I can not say anything meaningful.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm chuckling to myself when I think of last year's april's fools day, the EmblemBoards, and look at the recent posts in this thread. But it is a shame that I do not have any kind of connection to anything Fire Emblem related, so I can not say anything meaningful.
The funny thing is, during the past few April Fools Days, they were the days that my account gets invaded by Waluigi. However, the past two jokes pretty much messed up that idea in that you couldn't change your avatar.

And if you're curious, before Brawl in the Family concluded, April 1st often focused on Waluigi.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I got KHII.8 on release and I'm already done with it. Watched Back Cover, finished 0.2 and DDD.

I've done all I wanted in DDD (got secret ending again, beat Julius with Sora and Riku again and cleared all secret portals which I didn't do in the 3DS version). I guess I could work on completing all special portals. Maybe some other time though.

Then there's 0.2. I could go for the boss rush I guess but right now, I feel like playing other games.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Last night, I've tried to get down the damage multipliers that get applied whenever your fighter's size grows or shrinks in Smash Wii U. I think I've figured them out, though when playing the Smash game mode, an additional damage bonus is added onto attacks that have not been used yet; it seems to be about 1.0625x.
  • Normal Size
    • Lightning Giant: 1.84x
    • Giant: 1.56x
    • Normal: 1x
    • Lightning Tiny: 0.7x
    • Tiny: 0.6x
  • Giant Size
    • Lightning Giant: 3.59x
    • Giant: 3.04x
    • Normal: 1.62x
    • Lightning Tiny: 0.93x
    • Tiny: 0.9x
  • Tiny Size
    • Lightning Giant: 0.88x
    • Giant: 0.66x
    • Lightning Tiny: 0.5x
    • Normal: 0.48x
    • Tiny: 0.33x
Surprisingly, the Poison Mushroom weakens the damage multiplier more than getting shrunk by the Lightning item. In fact, the biggest oddity is in a Tiny Special Smash, where fighters who get shrunk by the Lightning item actually deal more damage than the normal-sized tiny fighters.

In terms of the Giant Special Smash, because Giga Bowser and Giga Mac are unaffected by size changing items, they're stuck with the 1.62x damage multiplier, and can end up dealing less damage overall than the fighters who pick up Super Mushrooms. One example is Ganondorf, where if he picks up a Super Mushroom, his Warlock Punch can deal way more damage than Giga Mac's fully charged Straight Lunge; 91% (112% when reversed) vs. 81%, excluding the fresh bonus.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My eyes and head are paining from how much I've played today. Oof.

Anyway, I finished FE Conquest. I'll post my thoughts after seeing the ending.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You guys will not believe what I just saw on YouTube. This guy climbs up a ladder, grabs an entire wasp hive, crushes it with his bare hands, and comes down from the ladder COMPLETELY unharmed.

:037:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
every character from every single game?
Or every character that is in the voting thing?
I'd assume every character in the voting thing.

If a character is to be included, I'm sure they would have let you vote for them.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Makes me feel bad for metroid, star fox and other series.
I'm worried about that too, but there's still the feeling inside of me that we haven't seen the last of Samus, Ridley, Fox, Captain Falcon, Krystal, Falco, or any of the beloved characters they've been keeping quiet for a while.

They'll be back. They can't keep those franchises silent for long. I'm not talking about the lack of games, it's more about the lack of "decent" games.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
What if they gave the Fire Emblem Awakening treatment to Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero, and other series?

Not being serious at all, but it's funny to imagine even if it wouldn't fit with those series.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Looks like Wii U production is finally over.

What I find to be odd about this news, however, is knowing that Breath of the Wild will be the Wii U's final retail title, and it won't even be released until March.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I voted for Micaiah 5 times, Lyn 4 times and Mia 3 times, and forgot to vote one day (ironically because I was busy playing FE Fates.)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
My votes went to:

Sigurd x4
Forrest x3
Mia
Catria
Xander
Lyn
Ike
The Black Knight... no, not that one, this one.

I could have gotten a few more characters I liked in, but eh. Just as long someone like as Camilla or Tharja doesn't win, I'll be happy.

Top Bottom