• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS The Smash 3DS Help and Advice Thread

Routa

Smash Lord
Highly doubt that. Thous DCs come way too often and after certain play session (DC comes after 5-7 games usually), so it has most likely something to do with my end. It is kinda annyoing. I have had to reset my 2DS from time to time to avoid getting DC in match.

Last edited:

Icy_Blizzard_Star46

Smash Rookie
So I've never been into fighting games but I decided to get into them and need help. I'm extremely bad I don't really understand spacing at times and I can't seem to get close to beating people online. My FC is 0920-0433-6819 please help :) even if it's just us playing each other regularly and you telling me what I did wrong afterwards. (I'm not sure if I'm getting the wii u but depending if I get a bit better I might get one and try competitive )

Icy_Blizzard_Star46

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm new to this site and SSB3ds, although I have been playing brawl for years. I want to enter tournaments, but I'm not sure if I'm good enough, and I am wondering how to get better. I've chosen a main, I just need strategies and tips. Basically, I don't know how to get better. Any suggestions?

MVboy39

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MVboy39
3DS FC
4940-5715-0569
I am wondering how to get better. I've chosen a main, I just need strategies and tips. Basically, I don't know how to get better. Any suggestions?
I could ask you the same question. I'm guessing you don't have any family members who play Smash regularly, either.

Routa

Smash Lord
How does one combat lots of rolling?
You mean like counter rolling? Usually Down Smash (the ones that hit both sides is good against rollers also some Up Smashes are good against rollers (for example Ike's). Also "late" dash attack is good against rollers. Ofc some characters have unique ways to counter rollers (for example Wario's Bike). Oh and projectiles. There are many ways to counter projectiles so I suggest you to find your characters best way to counter rolling.

prodigiou5

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3952-7515-8261
You mean like counter rolling? Usually Down Smash (the ones that hit both sides is good against rollers also some Up Smashes are good against rollers (for example Ike's). Also "late" dash attack is good against rollers. Ofc some characters have unique ways to counter rollers (for example Wario's Bike). Oh and projectiles. There are many ways to counter projectiles so I suggest you to find your characters best way to counter rolling.
Projectiles are another thing I have difficulty fighting against. I played against a couple megaman players earlier and couldn't get anywhere near them. Their pew pew was too strong.

AlphaOmega2000

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlphaFireOmegaTA
3DS FC
0705-3112-0821
Hi guys somewhat new to Smash Boards I would love if someone could can teach me the fundamentals of Smash 4 I really want to get better in my overall game play as a Sheik main.If could help it will be greatly appreciated ;)

Odd_0ne

Smash Cadet
NNID
MusicHero64
3DS FC
4124-5828-2172
This might be a dumb question but, are there any 3ds tournaments nowadays?

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
One thing I suggest to anyone that needs help is watch a person on YouTube that does guides I would recommend you to watch one on a character in the game that you want to be good at.

c0mpliS1D

Smash Rookie
NNID
c0mpliS1D
3DS FC
1478-6645-1642
Hey guys, I just picked up the game for 3DS and after playing a few matches online and vs. the CPU, I realize that I need some help with fundamentals. I like playing as Greninja and Luigi. If I could get some pointers as to what I should start practicing and learning, that'd be great!

Also, the control pad for the 3DS sucks: "Nah, you can't use up-b, use side-b instead" - ____ -

Routa

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just picked up the game for 3DS and after playing a few matches online and vs. the CPU, I realize that I need some help with fundamentals. I like playing as Greninja and Luigi. If I could get some pointers as to what I should start practicing and learning, that'd be great!

Also, the control pad for the 3DS sucks: "Nah, you can't use up-b, use side-b instead" - ____ -
I would suggest checking character specific threads for more specific things to learn. But I suggest moving the control very gently. Also the input must be very strick when it comes to using attacks. If you want to Up-B the stick must be moved to up position and not into near 45° because the game can understand the command as Up or Sideways input.

Oh and learn to tech and Rar.

(Sorry for my horrible english :S)

c0mpliS1D

Smash Rookie
NNID
c0mpliS1D
3DS FC
1478-6645-1642
I would suggest checking character specific threads for more specific things to learn. But I suggest moving the control very gently. Also the input must be very strick when it comes to using attacks. If you want to Up-B the stick must be moved to up position and not into near 45° because the game can understand the command as Up or Sideways input.

Oh and learn to tech and Rar.

(Sorry for my horrible english :S)
Ah okay. Thanks mate, I'll head over to the character threads for more info!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A little help here, my two brothers and me were playing Smash 3DS, for most of the time it goes well, sometimes a lags a bit but we didn't really mind.
Only recently it was too lag and the game just freeze like online battle freeze and said we are disconnected. Our Smash 3DS don't seem to have the problem, but after we rejoin the room it will suddenly disconnected again before the match begins or even before joining the room. Sometimes me and my brother's 3DS can't even find room opened by my other brother at all.

We do have our Wifi opened when playing, but back then it really didn't happen that much. And it just happens after we had played for a while.

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
Ever since the new update it seems to take way longer just to connect online. It takes a long time to enter rooms too. Anyone else? Not necessarily laggy but takes a really long time to connect to the server i guess.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ever since the new update it seems to take way longer just to connect online. It takes a long time to enter rooms too. Anyone else? Not necessarily laggy but takes a really long time to connect to the server i guess.
It seems to take a bit longer to load the game when there's update on the 3DS version.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
best way to break free of muscle memory?
i just realized i always block then dodge or vice versa. sometimes its good but other times its unnecessary and that one frame makes a difference. also have to break the habit of using shield block over the actual grab button.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
best way to break free of muscle memory?
i just realized i always block then dodge or vice versa. sometimes its good but other times its unnecessary and that one frame makes a difference. also have to break the habit of using shield block over the actual grab button.
That's a lot of trying and changing, it takes time.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
how do you counter jabs? it seems like its too quick to counter.

Samtrecht

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Samtrecht
3DS FC
1908-0121-2497
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and Smash bros(Kinda) and I've noticed that in simple words I am bad at this game(been playing since launch) and I need help. I mean while actually I've seen some improvement in my playstyle I feel like I crashed into the wall of "No longer learning" and I feel like getting worse. Personally I have quite a small group of characters that I use constantly(The ones I use are Ike, Lucina, Cpt.Falcon and Ganondorf) so I tend to struggle against certain characters, not to mention I'm not the best at edeguarding and the likes. If anyone can help me with some tips or actual matches thanks in advance. PD: English it's not my mother language so sorry for any typos.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Help and Advice thread?
Here's some Help and Advice:
WOOHOO.png
is your friend.
Customs?
WOOHOO.png

Mii Costumes?
WOOHOO.png

Money?
WOOHOO.png

A good time?
WOOHOO.png

5 Minutes well spent?
WOOHOO.png

Love
WOOHOO.png
. Embrace
WOOHOO.png

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Help and Advice thread?
Here's some Help and Advice:
That's right, Smash Run is really a great mode to get used to a character, but still need real Smash experience if you want to get good.

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know how to check player names in replays that are too long so they get cut off?

Yogurt

Smash Cadet
anyone got tips for battling ROB I have a lot problems against him as Olimar in tournaments.....

Top Bottom