• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I suppose that's true (and it is still over Pit, you're right), but why bother when the new model is a better template to begin with? The old model will still look sorta primitive in comparison, even if the textures are way better with the 3C treatment.
The thing is that when I was still working on the Rim Light pack, we never had the influx of WAA! News on King Jigglypuff's thread; so at that point in time, I thought that waluigi wouldn't get an update within the foreseeable future. I may probably include the new model if the changes to the model are drastic (not just in shaders, textures, the like. I'm talking whole new articles and such if you follow), but only after that new model is available to the public.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
The thing is that when I was still working on the Rim Light pack, we never had the influx of WAA! News on King Jigglypuff's thread; so at that point in time, I thought that waluigi wouldn't get an update within the foreseeable future. I may probably include the new model if the changes to the model are drastic (not just in shaders, textures, the like. I'm talking whole new articles and such if you follow), but only after that new model is available to the public.
The thing for me that makes it so different is that the poly count and shape (what makes it a new model, basically) are drastically changed. I don't even know what 'articles' would be referring to in this context, but I'll take your word. haha

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I don't know you at all, but I wanted to tell you that I loved your work on this iteration of Zelda. I didn't think I'd like a Smash 3-ified version of an already very colorful alt, but the subtle touches that you added make this a really stand out addition to anyone's Smash 3 build.

(But I actually just wanted to tell you that I laughed at the end of the BV imgur album.)
I'm glad you like it! Temsvl, Aghanim and I worked pretty hard on her, and it ended up taking quite a bit longer than I expected. Some of the failed early attempts at getting her specs working correctly - or even coming up with creative recolors - were enough to make us very, very sad.
Guess who's finally working?

Scourge is finally done and playable in game! All he needs is a render, and I'll be able to make a 3C banner for him.
The shoes seem to be better than when I suggested changing them last time, but I think they could be improved with either a spec map (probably out of the question with your filesize), or added detail. The jacket also looks like it could be redone judging by this picture, but bin2jpg isn't especially kind to screenshots so I'm not sure.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I'm glad you like it! Temsvl, Aghanim and I worked pretty hard on her, and it ended up taking quite a bit longer than I expected. Some of the failed early attempts at getting her specs working correctly - or even coming up with creative recolors - were enough to make us very, very sad.

The shoes seem to be better than when I suggested changing them last time, but I think they could be improved with either a spec map (probably out of the question with your filesize), or added detail. The jacket also looks like it could be redone judging by this picture, but bin2jpg isn't especially kind to screenshots so I'm not sure.
The jacket is pretty low quality, and it clips through the mouth alot of times..

Juken

Smash Ace
The jacket is pretty low quality, and it clips through the mouth alot of times..
Unless someone makes a new jacket that somehow flows perfectly with Sonic's animations, I doubt that it can be fixed... I'm just glad that there's a Scourge skin because I enjoy referential skins like the Might costume and Samus' suits. Speaking of Samus' suits, wasn't somebody doing her Dark Suit a while ago?

Unless someone makes a new jacket that somehow flows perfectly with Sonic's animations, I doubt that it can be fixed... I'm just glad that there's a Scourge skin because I enjoy referential skins like the Might costume and Samus' suits. Speaking of Samus' suits, wasn't somebody doing her Dark Suit a while ago?
PM 3.6 has her Dark Suit

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I think he was referring to someone doing Smash 3 Dark Suit Samus.

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
The shoes could use something special, but the shoes are also attached to the chest and arms, so I'll have to figure something out. I actually had to cut the jacket size in half, that's why it looks bad. I could try adjusting other textures, but I don't think I can get it full size. I can still try though. Also, I can probably vertex the jacket so it doesn't clip.

Obskore

Smash Ace
I think he was referring to someone doing Smash 3 Dark Suit Samus.
that was me, but progress was hindered really (really) shortly into, the suit is already hi-res and has too much detail for me to even use it to get started, i had never done texture tracing before so i'll probably just start out with the Fusion Suit or Retro Suit instead.
sorry if i never notified about my progress :c

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Decided to Smash 3-ify Geno and he turned out ok

Also, which looks more like his poison recolor? Left or right?
Going with the one on the right, if wood absorbed a purple-ish liquid, it would turn into a pale cranberry-juice red color.

Also, are you going to decide on adding any new spec maps ala OoT Zelda? The shoes could benefit from a subtle shine in game...

Last edited:

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Going with the one on the right, if wood absorbed a purple-ish liquid, it would turn into a pale cranberry-juice red color.

Also, are you going to decide on adding any new spec maps ala OoT Zelda? The shoes could benefit from a subtle shine in game...
Ok and I've never used specs before so I don't really know how they work

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Ok and I've never used specs before so I don't really know how they work
Ask around, heck ask the people who recently did OoT Zelda, they did a number on her model (New spec's, rimlight, better texturing). I'd even chack out several of the Smash 3C models to see how spec mapping works to be sure.

Also as a tip, I heavily recommend redrawing the more "jagged" lines on a texture just as an FYI. Trust me it may sound like a pain, but the result is magical.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
wait isnt there already smashied Geno?

its just need wood effect and hair (or whatever that orange thing is) effect then it will become perfect
Is that model over R.O.B so it would work with the PSA on Brawl Vault?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Last edited:

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this has been posted, lots of pages I havent read through yet, but there's something wrong with Bowser's Rookie costume, up throw only does 2 damage and doesnt launch the opponent for some reason

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
Not sure if this has been posted, lots of pages I havent read through yet, but there's something wrong with Bowser's Rookie costume, up throw only does 2 damage and doesnt launch the opponent for some reason
Who's Bowser? Rookie is his own independent koopa. No, but yeah idk either. I have the problem on Wii but not on Dolphin.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
So it looks like 3.6 full modified Dr. Mario (presumably just the cape textures, the default white model is untouched), Meta Knight's alt, all of Mewtwo's files, Mario Kart ROB, and Snake's alt (which wasn't completed here yet anyway). These should definitely be investigated, see if the actual models were changed at all (thus I'd imagine rimlighting needs to be done again from scratch), or if they're just texture changes.

Rage83

Smash Ace
So it looks like 3.6 full modified Dr. Mario (presumably just the cape textures, the default white model is untouched), Meta Knight's alt, all of Mewtwo's files, Mario Kart ROB, and Snake's alt (which wasn't completed here yet anyway). These should definitely be investigated, see if the actual models were changed at all (thus I'd imagine rimlighting needs to be done again from scratch), or if they're just texture changes.
For Beta(Butterfly) Meta Knight, they gave him a unique shadow model, which shows the butterfly wings and new sword. Also, they fixed the size of the wings, and fixed a texture error on his boots.

Top Bottom