• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Juken

Smash Ace
Will the CSPs be Smash 3 or Melee/PM inspired? Sounds like doing the latter would be incredibly difficult.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

sorry i've been silent for a long time
This looks like it's going to be awesome. I can't wait to see it finished!

I started to play around with the Star Fox textures, and would like some second opinions. I'm sorry @ Layell Layell and @ ledgerewskie ledgerewskie , as I did this without any of your guys consent. I wont make these available for download if you guys don't want me too. I understand. But still, I'd like to know what you all think.

Fox:foxmelee:
Change-log:
- fixed textures on Fox's tail
- retextured Fox's eyes (they originally looked almost the same as Project M's eye textures?)
- changed the eye color to green to match the Smash 3 Team's standard Fox and to match official artwork for Star Fox 64 3D
- made Fox's gloves black to match the original Project M model and official artwork of Star Fox 64 3D
- reduced and re-balanced the detail of Fox's fur
- brightened the areas under Fox's eyes to match the rest of his head
- changed the color of Fox's jacket to be white instead of... um... Melee greenish white?
- adjusted contrast on Fox's fur; now his arms are no longer unproportionately bright (originally almost yellow)
- cleaned up the textures on Fox's snout
- it's not easy to catch in game, but I also retextured the name plate on Fox's jumpsuit and printed his name on it :)

Falco:falcomelee:
Change-log:
- Like Fox I changed the color of Falco's jacket to white
- I changed to color of Falco's jumpsuit from brown to orange to reflect his official artwork from Star Fox 64 3D

I edited Falco within ten minutes of my time.
Fox literally took all of today.
These are great. I think you really nailed Fox's fur, especially.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I got something to ask, what happened to me doing the semi alts for sonic? I mean, if we cant get somebody to port the shoes to the smash 3 model, how bout we make the shoes look like the shoes?

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Finding people to render this stuff is so difficult. :/ But I'm glad to see you're okay with my Star Fox 64 variants. I actually had an idea. Say the standard release in the OP was "Melee Fox", but underneath there was a "+ Additional Costumes" section with a "Star Fox 64 Pack" where people can have the option of using the ones I made. I thought of this when I looked at Mega Lucario's section in the OP, and I kinda wanted to make recolors for Fox and Falco too. (Ten Foxes and Falcos? It's incomprehensible!) Would you think this is a good idea?
I think it could be handled either way, either including the 63 3D versions basically just as additional recolors in the main pack, or as a separate one. Go for whichever the two of you feel is best, I suppose!

I got something to ask, what happened to me doing the semi alts for sonic? I mean, if we cant get somebody to port the shoes to the smash 3 model, how bout we make the shoes look like the shoes?
I'm not really sure what you're asking. Status list still mentions you working on it, I haven't forgotten. But last I knew, you hadn't really addressed some issues with it that were brought up and you just kind of stopped, from what I can tell. If you do indeed plan to keep working on it, and end up producing something that meets our standards, then fear not, it will be included.

how to add some of these textures to my project m game?
There should be a tutorial sticky post on how to do that sort of thing at the top of the Customized Content Forum.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I think it could be handled either way, either including the 63 3D versions basically just as additional recolors in the main pack, or as a separate one. Go for whichever the two of you feel is best, I suppose!

I'm not really sure what you're asking. Status list still mentions you working on it, I haven't forgotten. But last I knew, you hadn't really addressed some issues with it that were brought up and you just kind of stopped, from what I can tell. If you do indeed plan to keep working on it, and end up producing something that meets our standards, then fear not, it will be included.

There should be a tutorial sticky post on how to do that sort of thing at the top of the Customized Content Forum.
I didnt addressed any issues because the textures arent glitchy or anything. I worked on the textures, envs and stuff but i want somebody to rimlight the models.

kazan

Smash Apprentice
So, let's talk...Chrom! Here's some updates!

some more previews here!

For now, Chrom is over Marth. (Hopefully someone will import him over Ike soon!)
Thanks to russmarrs2 for importing the original model!
I retextured his hack to make it look more like how he appears in Smash Wii U. (The previews aren't rimlit yet)

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Nevermind, theres a ninten smash 3c on the vault. Now, i already finished the semi sonic alts, which should be rimlight by some of you people.

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
While there is a Smash 3 Ninten.. The CSP included aren't great. They don't match the CSP for Smash 3 Ness.

DualX

Smash Apprentice
So, I've read through a all of the original Smash 3 thread and a majority of this one and I haven't seen anything listed. Does anyone have a downloadable Project M 3.5 pack that has all of the working textures from Smash 3 and 3C only with outfits from 3.5? That'd be much easier to work with than having everyone do these character imports for everyone.

I really love what both of you guys are doing regardless, some very fantastic work here which would work perfectly in our build.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
So, I've read through a all of the original Smash 3 thread and a majority of this one and I haven't seen anything listed. Does anyone have a downloadable Project M 3.5 pack that has all of the working textures from Smash 3 and 3C only with outfits from 3.5? That'd be much easier to work with than having everyone do these character imports for everyone.

I really love what both of you guys are doing regardless, some very fantastic work here which would work perfectly in our build.
This is not a bad idea, but I think this is something that should be saved until after the Smash 3 update comes out.

DualX

Smash Apprentice
Let's just hope that's soon, I'm really wanting to see how good those will look!

Juken

Smash Ace
Was that edited Smash 3 Melee Fox ever released anywhere? Old one on the vault still seems to have the one with the messed up tail texture and fur tone.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
While there is a Smash 3 Ninten.. The CSP included aren't great. They don't match the CSP for Smash 3 Ness.
Oh, I'm not sure how I didn't notice that this exists. I'll try to check it out tomorrow, see if it's rimlit and stuff.

I've added the Toon Link textures to the mirror shield costume using the rimlit model. I also retextured the mirror shield to fit the clean Smash 3 artstyle as well as matching the master sword's and sheath's colors.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4o9gw9bpwzpt1rs/Smash3C Mirror Shield.zip?dl=0
I'll check this out, too!

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Was that edited Smash 3 Melee Fox ever released anywhere? Old one on the vault still seems to have the one with the messed up tail texture and fur tone.
I have not had proper time to release it as of yet.
However, I will say that I made four palette swaps based on Super Smash Bros. Melee and I also made four palette swaps based on Star Fox 64.

Taiko

Smash Ace
I may have to drop my claim on Outset Toon Link, it'd take a bit more effort to make it match up the way I want it...

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Guys I haven't replied there in a while... so I worked on "Few" things. I Gave old smash 3 style textures CSP/Bps to the following models: Bizzozeron Bull Cap Wario, Bizzozeron Fighter Ness (Poo Ness outfit), NanoBuds Louie, Spiderjjr45 zombie wario (also repacked the bizzozeron alttp link). I even worked on rimlighted models like bluebreon toon link with mirror shield. As Bonus I added wii rob recolor, a black wii recolor and another alt with a custom PM disk (the original one used the default brawl disk). I even added the original white model with a PM disc. I also did a jet set sonic recolor to match the Brandokay artwork he did for him. As for zombie wario he's missing the default CSP/BP, only the alt is included. Probably gonna update him soon. I might upload the rimlighted ones into the vault. If someone want to rimlight these, feel free to work on them
edit : Added Pics (it hasn't mirror toon link pics): http://imgur.com/a/0VVN0
Anyway here's the DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsjd8semuku262t/Smash 3c Pack.rar?dl=0

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Cannot wait for some further edits by the101, everything is better with teamwork imo.

I'm going to get started soon on Butterfly Metaknight, for now I'll keep it gloves over gauntlets, but I'll likely make both once the big S3 update is released.

Last edited:

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
Guys I haven't replied there in a while... so I worked on "Few" things. I Gave old smash 3 style textures CSP/Bps to the following models: Bizzozeron Bull Cap Wario, Bizzozeron Fighter Ness (Poo Ness outfit), NanoBuds Louie, Spiderjjr45 zombie wario (also repacked the bizzozeron alttp link). I even worked on rimlighted models like bluebreon toon link with mirror shield. As Bonus I added wii rob recolor, a black wii recolor and another alt with a custom PM disk (the original one used the default brawl disk). I even added the original white model with a PM disc. I also did a jet set sonic recolor to match the Brandokay artwork he did for him. As for zombie wario he's missing the default CSP/BP, only the alt is included. Probably gonna update him soon. I might upload the rimlighted ones into the vault. If someone want to rimlight these, feel free to work on them
Anyway here's the DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsjd8semuku262t/Smash 3c Pack.rar?dl=0
I was going to request that bullcap wario!! Awesome job.
Could you possibly try to do the Bizzozeron's pith cap Wario too?

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
So much stuff! Wow. Okay. I'll download this pack and check it all out. I think for Wii ROB, I'll probably add the variants you made to the current upload and add you as a collaborator, if that's cool with you. The rest of the rimlit ones should indeed get their own individual brawl vault downloads, possibly the un-rimlit ones, as well. Whichever you prefer. I'll get around to rimlighting some of those when I get the chance, been somewhat busy lately, though

That's more exciting than anything else. How different did you guys make Toon Link?
I, too, am quite curious as to what he means.

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
As for the Wii ROBs recolors I think is a good idea to include them in the pack.. As for the other releases tomorrow I will probably add them into the vault but I won't release Zombie Wario for the missing CSP and Louie cuz has some materials removed in his spacesuit so it needs better textures and also I need to remove them from the CSP

As for bizzozeron Garb Wario tomorrow I'll try to give him textures (Idk if I can provide CSP/BPs but I'll try)

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
All right, so I checked out all this stuff that's been happening.

The Smash 3 styled Ninten that's apparently been on the vault for 6 months isn't actually Smash 3 styled. It's all Brawl styled, I just looked at it.

Both Aghanim and Breadfrenzy made Smash 3C mirror shield toon Links. I compared them, and I think I prefer Aghanim's (no offense to Breadfrenzy! Don't be discouraged, we still love you). The edge texture was somewhat garbled in it, for some reason, but I replaced it with a fresh one, so it's all good. Aghanim's mirror shield textures are quite a bit larger than the originals were, though. Did you test it ingame to make sure it works at that size? I haven't had the opportunity to yet, but I'll do so when I get the chance. That shield texture is so crisp and clean, though! I like it.

Looking at the black Wii ROB now. There are a couple spots that look a little rough, along edges where it looks like you left some small scraps of white. The "Wii" logo on its base is offcenter. Lots of the gray bits were left light gray, while others were made dark gray. I feel they should be more consistent. There are also some bits of textures that are shifted a pixel or so over compared to the white textures. Overall, I like it, but I think it needs some cleanup before it's ready for release. Do you want to have another go at it, or would you like me to see what I can do?

The rest all look good to me, though!

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
if you have the time, it would be cool if you could help me to fix those issues on the Rob recolor... Also I noticed the "W" letter on the bullcap wario is a bit "translated" to the left so I fixed that. Will upload the fixed one along with the Garb Wario model tomorrow

Last edited:

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
Does your rimlit Sigurd/Holy War Marth contain the fixes from the visual fixing thread? I think the only one that would be super relevant to S3C purposes would be the sheath, though.
No. I probably should've though. Darn Marth. I went to the thread and saw the fix, but I just skimmed it and thought they fixed the animation.
No, we won't be doing any costumes except Doc.
I cry at this post. Big Boss Snake has a deplorable amount of shaders.

I'm glad to see all these characters getting done. I'm also pretty happy that most of the PM alts are rimlit, which is pretty much all I can do. I've also been getting into Smash 4 and I'm pretty happy with it and probably not going back except maybe for the quick battles and Roy. PM is awesome and got me into smash again so I want to see it thrive, even if I dont play it as often.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
It took me too long to make these.

I have also been working on bringing Ike up to the current Smash 3 style, since the team is only doing Hero Ike. But I'm grumpy now!

EDIT: APPARENTLY I FORGOT TO CHANGE THE SWORD JOY.

EDIT 2: Here is an idea of what I've been doing:

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Forget the Alondite sword, makes a different coloured trail which we all know isn't cool, Ragnell all the way.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
EDIT 2: Here is an idea of what I've been doing:
At least make him look at the camera lol

Just tilt his head slightly towards the camera and then animate the eyes using whatever it uses (SHP0 or whatever) to look at the camera.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Forget the Alondite sword, makes a different coloured trail which we all know isn't cool, Ragnell all the way.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT THESE WORDS ARE.

At least make him look at the camera lol

Just tilt his head slightly towards the camera and then animate the eyes using whatever it uses (SHP0 or whatever) to look at the camera.
This was just to show the textures, not for CSPs or anything!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I DON'T KNOW WHAT THESE WORDS ARE.
Ragnell is the gold coloured sword Ike wields, Alondite is the silver opposite wielded primarily by the Black Knight.

Keep it Ragnell for sword trails imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom