• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
"It's about time you showed up, Fox!"

With thanks to the101 I have some lovely updated Fox skins for you.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207579

He made his own set, and I have my set more true to melee. Feel free to mix and match. Once I have access to Dolphin in the morning I'll get some good pictures up as well.

We should be good for some CSPs now : )

EDIT: Not to be satisfied with just that here is Butterfly Meta Knight with bonus blue and green alts!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207722

I will also get some Dolphin pictures of those up in the morning as well. Done this and also did a minor mask shadow fix with Metaknight

ALSO I think Fusion Suit Samus is up next for me!

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
"It's about time you showed up, Fox!"

With thanks to the101 I have some lovely updated Fox skins for you.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207579

He made his own set, and I have my set more true to melee. Feel free to mix and match. Once I have access to Dolphin in the morning I'll get some good pictures up as well.

We should be good for some CSPs now : )

EDIT: Not to be satisfied with just that here is Butterfly Meta Knight with bonus blue and green alts!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207722

I will also get some Dolphin pictures of those up in the morning as well. Done this and also did a minor mask shadow fix with Metaknight

ALSO I think Fusion Suit Samus is up next for me!
I don't like how gray concept Meta Knight's body is, I think it would be a lot better if it were dark like the PM original, as well as the concept art it's spawned from. Other than that, it looks nice!

Juken

Smash Ace
What do you mean by Gr?

Also, I can't tell if part of his tail is transparent, or if that's normal on Fox.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
What do you mean by Gr?

Also, I can't tell if part of his tail is transparent, or if that's normal on Fox.
The "Updated my Team Gr" was an actual full sentence with "Gr" the beginning of "Green", followed by details as to what that was along with easing potential concerns over Fox's original Melee recolors. However, it was for nothing. I had my internet fail mid post, so only that part was actually posted. Meh.

The weird thing with Fox's tail only appears when being edited in BrawlBox. The tail looks normal ingame. It's on the regular Smash 3 Fox too.

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
So how does this look for Meta Knights skin now?

I honestly don't want to make it all one shade black, but I'm getting close. I'll probably upload this fix along with the last of the Fox updates later when I get back.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

Layell

Smash Journeyman
You could use the Smash 3-style one I posted a while ago:
It's nice but my big issue is that it's the original textures, the feet look quite different. Also I'd enjoy it if I could have the two alts also get the treatment.

If you get me that we have a deal B )

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I'm not able to render anything right now. I would suggest you use some of the Smash 3 CSPs to edit parts, and just edit the colors. Of course, you could then change the hue of the red to blue and green for the alts.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Just food for thought: Has anyone ever thought about doing a smash 3 styled Pichu pr any other standalone characters not in PM (lucina, chrom though he's already WIP, ridley, etc.) by any chance? PM Builds like Unbound could use this so that when Smash 3 is finished, the additional characters won't look as out of place when Smash 3 is installed...

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
It's nice but my big issue is that it's the original textures, the feet look quite different. Also I'd enjoy it if I could have the two alts also get the treatment.

If you get me that we have a deal B )
do you think this CSP is good?

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
You could use the Smash 3-style one I posted a while ago:
I actually like how Layell tried to give the costume a unique pose from the others. Always liked how the poses differ on costumes with different designs, especially with the mods like the Melee packs that gave people poses based on their original Melee art, or how PM's Sigurd Marth i does a reference to Sigurd's pose. One mod I noticed that was kind of awkward with Smash 3's pose was the zombie Wario since it was smiling throwing out 3 fingers instead of doing something scary or zombie-like.
MenSelchrFaceB.373.png

I feel like I'm the only one who likes the unique poses though because I never see anyone else mention it.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I like unique poses, but some people don't. I think ideally we'd have matching and unique pose options for everyone, but right now, we don't have a lot of great renderers, so we kind of take what we can get.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Unique poses are nice, and I use them for some characters. If we're going to finish what Smash 3 started, though - at least in terms of finishing the PM alts - I do think we should try making matching CSPs for the costumes that look like a change of clothes, such as Shogun Dedede or GI Lucario.

Juken

Smash Ace
You can make whatever you want, so long as the creator of the original mod doesn't mind.

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I'm working on Young Link. There's not much you can do to change pichu though.
For Young Link, I personally think it would be best to wait for IWG's Young Link to be released, and to use that as a base. And there's a lot that could be done to Pichu, his Melee model looks very dated, and I don't think I've seen anyone use a better model before

Cahalan

Smash Ace
For Young Link, I personally think it would be best to wait for IWG's Young Link to be released, and to use that as a base. And there's a lot that could be done to Pichu, his Melee model looks very dated, and I don't think I've seen anyone use a better model before
I think the reason why people don't use a better model is either nostalgia and or the fact that the current pichu psa's in the wild use the same models; so any new models that require redoing most of the animations would be a hassle. As for the rimlight, I'll see what I can muster then I'll probably post it (in progress of course)

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I was thinking of making the Smash 3 Styled Brawl Ex Young Link, not the melee import. By the way, what's IWG's Young Link?

Juken

Smash Ace
I was thinking of making the Smash 3 Styled Brawl Ex Young Link, not the melee import. By the way, what's IWG's Young Link?
http://smashboards.com/threads/iwan...ule-warriors-link.370082/page-2#post-18620415

He's porting Hyrule Warriors stuff to brawl and is starting with Link's HW costumes. Young Link is going to be a Link costume because Toon Link doesn't have facial animations, just textured on expressions; I think someone else is going to make him into a Toon Link alt though.

I asked him in that thread if he'd be using the Smash 3 lighting or default Brawl's lighting and this was his response:

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
If anyone is thinking of rimming Ridley (you know the one I'm probably talking about), its' currently undo-able in its current state:
It exploded into a hundred pieces.
So um, it not rimlightable in its current state, which is good cuz in my eyes it doesn't need it anyways. It was fun.
You Could say he was...
Too Big.
YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
(I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist)

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
If anyone is thinking of rimming Ridley (you know the one I'm probably talking about), its' currently undo-able in its current state:

You Could say he was...
Too Big.
YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
(I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist)
Lel, this dragged me out of the shadows.

Speaking of which, Shadow huh? I predicted it, being that it is the most requested character my friends ask to be s3-ified months ago...

Those who follow my thread saw this already.

Im looking fowards into seeing and trying out the finished products.

*returns to the shadows*

Top Bottom