• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, why would you actually need the files for the originals to recreate them if you already remember what they were? The UVs are different, so the old textures won't work, you'd just be recoloring the current ones anyway

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Sup guys! Its been a while, my net is a little laggy so I have problems navigating, can someone fit me in on all the stuff has been going on?

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm. Well, I finally got around to finishing rimlighting Tock's Minish Cap Toon Link last night. That's mostly it from me lately, Smash 3C-wise, anyway. SomeSmashBro has rimlit a few things. Aghanim's been working on doing some Toon Link and Ice Climber stuff based on the old Smash 3 art style (though I believe he also said he plans to update them to the new style when the real deal is released). Layell did Melee Fox, though I don't think he changed the boots or the fur besides some saturation. Not 100% sure, though.

I might rimlight the Hero's Shade tonight.

As always, the status list contains pretty much all the info on what's done and what's being done (to the best of my (and Ledge's) knowledge): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KgBrVcAtZ6ZdarsnDNWDL2wm90qnx9X62kVXQuKcwqY/edit?usp=sharing
So if I'm forgetting anything, it's probably listed somewhere in there, anyway

Airikr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Airikr
3DS FC
4656-7932-0593
Dang, putting Smash-4 like textures into Project M? I didn't know something like this was possible. I'm legit curious on how the Melee Fox and Big Boss Snake will look when they're finished. Keep up the good work!

also i'm new here hi don't kill me

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm. Well, I finally got around to finishing rimlighting Tock's Minish Cap Toon Link last night.
So I decided to give to him current smash 3 textures, it was a simply edit:

I also worked on the new Bizzozeron Alttp geared Toon Link, It Has Smash 3 textures but It hasn't Rimlighting (also the textures are a bit different than the orginal ones):

They both comes with smash 3 styled CSPs/BPs

Minish Cap Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmkpj8zcja3hd1c/Minish Cap Toon Link.rar?dl=0
Alttp geared Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttysg9zdp08rr4y/Alttp geared Toon Link.rar?dl=0

Also you may wonder why I worked on so many toon links... Alttp and Minish Cap are my favourite 2D zelda games so I had to do those

Last edited:

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Chrom is not going to be added to Project M as an official moveset. The costume goes over Ike.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Thank you for your patronage to the Fossil Koopa Restoration Project, now with 87% less cracks! As a reward, here's a close up.
That looks a bit much better. Give the red a hellish red color, and give the green a grassy green color.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
That looks a bit much better. Give the red a hellish red color, and give the green a grassy green color.
Not a bad idea, but I made the red palette more of a pink and the green palette more of a dull green intentionally. They are based off of subspecies of Dry Bones found in A Thousand-Year Door.
...Paper Mario?
Anyone?
No? ._.
Here's a good comparision.
Red Bones
Dull Bones (green palette swap)
Dark Bones (blue palette swap)
If people really want more inspired color contrasts, than I could probably whip up more. But keep in mind it already took me a long time to make these ones! It might take awhile.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Do you want to remove the cracks from his model? I can help out.

The Incinerator

Smash Cadet
Not a bad idea, but I made the red palette more of a pink and the green palette more of a dull green intentionally. They are based off of subspecies of Dry Bones found in A Thousand-Year Door.
...Paper Mario?
Anyone?
No? ._.
I am impressed, I knew the moment I saw these that they were based on the dry bones character and that the thousand year door was your source material. I personally love that game (kinda one of my favourite games) and I think you nailed it!

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Is Shogun Dedede going to be updated when Smash 3 puts in the new eye textures on him?
Of course. It may or may not happen right away, but the ultimate plan is to make sure everything complies to the latest and greatest of Smash 3 standards in the end.

the101

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I started to play around with the Star Fox textures, and would like some second opinions. I'm sorry @ Layell Layell and @ ledgerewskie ledgerewskie , as I did this without any of your guys consent. I wont make these available for download if you guys don't want me too. I understand. But still, I'd like to know what you all think.

Fox:foxmelee:
Change-log:
- fixed textures on Fox's tail
- retextured Fox's eyes (they originally looked almost the same as Project M's eye textures?)
- changed the eye color to green to match the Smash 3 Team's standard Fox and to match official artwork for Star Fox 64 3D
- made Fox's gloves black to match the original Project M model and official artwork of Star Fox 64 3D
- reduced and re-balanced the detail of Fox's fur
- brightened the areas under Fox's eyes to match the rest of his head
- changed the color of Fox's jacket to be white instead of... um... Melee greenish white?
- adjusted contrast on Fox's fur; now his arms are no longer unproportionately bright (originally almost yellow)
- cleaned up the textures on Fox's snout
- it's not easy to catch in game, but I also retextured the name plate on Fox's jumpsuit and printed his name on it :)

Falco:falcomelee:
Change-log:
- Like Fox I changed the color of Falco's jacket to white
- I changed to color of Falco's jumpsuit from brown to orange to reflect his official artwork from Star Fox 64 3D

I edited Falco within ten minutes of my time.
Fox literally took all of today.

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Those are fantastic. I never really liked PM's Melee Fox and Falco, they just felt really dingy looking to me. I really like these, though! I think a version with the more yellowish coats and the white gloves should still be available as an option for those who do prefer the more Melee-ish look, though.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I started to play around with the Star Fox textures, and would like some second opinions. I'm sorry @ Layell Layell and @ ledgerewskie ledgerewskie , as I did this without any of your guys consent. I wont make these available for download if you guys don't want me too. I understand. But still, I'd like to know what you all think.

Fox:foxmelee:
Change-log:
- fixed textures on Fox's tail
- retextured Fox's eyes (they originally looked almost the same as Project M's eye textures?)
- changed the eye color to green to match the Smash 3 Team's standard Fox and to match official artwork for Star Fox 64 3D
- made Fox's gloves black to match the original Project M model and official artwork of Star Fox 64 3D
- reduced and re-balanced the detail of Fox's fur
- brightened the areas under Fox's eyes to match the rest of his head
- changed the color of Fox's jacket to be white instead of... um... Melee greenish white?
- adjusted contrast on Fox's fur; now his arms are no longer unproportionately bright (originally almost yellow)
- cleaned up the textures on Fox's snout
- it's not easy to catch in game, but I also retextured the name plate on Fox's jumpsuit and printed his name on it :)

Falco:falcomelee:
Change-log:
- Like Fox I changed the color of Falco's jacket to white
- I changed to color of Falco's jumpsuit from brown to orange to reflect his official artwork from Star Fox 64 3D

I edited Falco within ten minutes of my time.
Fox literally took all of today.
Thats amazing!

Juken

Smash Ace
Those are fantastic. I never really liked PM's Melee Fox and Falco, they just felt really dingy looking to me. I really like these, though! I think a version with the more yellowish coats and the white gloves should still be available as an option for those who do prefer the more Melee-ish look, though.
Yeah, a PM (or rather Melee) accurate one would be cool too. Only thing that really bugged me about PM's Melee Fox was how his eyes were the bright blue instead of the more dull one you see on Melee Fox, and how pale his fur was to fit Brawl's style )you fixed that part anyway).

If you do it, maybe "Standard PM Fox" could be the default since people are mainly trying to do alt costumes, and the 64 version could be a separate release or alternative option?

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I do also prefer Melee style, although my gloves are full instead of half gloved like PM does it (why this was changed I'll never know). Geez now we have 6 Fox/Falco colours now too, I guess if any Brawl players really wanted him they could now! I never retextured the eyes in my stuff, nor the boots/belt/metal parts since it never looked right. Good stuff @ the101 the101 and if you want my PSD stuff for anything I do go ahead and ask! I'll probably make a few changes like making Melee accurate colour Falco get a similar orange coloured jumpsuit. Then I'll just need some updated CSPs (or full CSPs for Fox)

I'll update this post once things happen.

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Yeah I do also prefer Melee style, although my gloves are full instead of half gloved like PM does it (why this was changed I'll never know). Geez now we have 6 Fox/Falco colours now too, I guess if any Brawl players really wanted him they could now! I never retextured the eyes in my stuff, nor the boots/belt/metal parts since it never looked right. Good stuff @ the101 the101 and if you want my PSD stuff for anything I do go ahead and ask! I'll probably make a few changes like making Melee accurate colour Falco get a similar orange coloured jumpsuit. Then I'll just need some updated CSPs (or full CSPs for Fox)

I'll update this post once things happen.
Finding people to render this stuff is so difficult. :/ But I'm glad to see you're okay with my Star Fox 64 variants. I actually had an idea. Say the standard release in the OP was "Melee Fox", but underneath there was a "+ Additional Costumes" section with a "Star Fox 64 Pack" where people can have the option of using the ones I made. I thought of this when I looked at Mega Lucario's section in the OP, and I kinda wanted to make recolors for Fox and Falco too. (Ten Foxes and Falcos? It's incomprehensible!) Would you think this is a good idea?

Last edited:
Top Bottom