• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
You said someone else did a Smash 3 OoT ganon too right? Does it have extures?
When in doubt, check the status list, which is linked to on the OP. According to it, I rimlit OoT/Melee Hybrid Ganondorf, and it has no texture progress.

--

I'll go test the Polar Bear Climbers and Retro Captain Falcon now.

--

ProjectBrawl7, I opened one of you Sonics in Brawlbox (fitsonic01), and the textures are not using the S3 textures as a base, they're using the PM textures as a base. And all the env textures are scaled down to 16x16, even 8x8. There's no eyeYellow texture in it, either. What's going on there?
I just tried another one, FitSonic06, and this one has all the right texture sizes. The main textures appear to be using a Smash 3 base. The env textures are not using a Smash 3 base, though, neither is EyeYellow. Same with the sphere texture. For some reason, it won't let me view the model or expand it in Brawlbox.

I'd say it still needs a bit of work, but it's definitely looking better.

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t8qlbbvzt07nfbd/AAAx6Ju0Ng_l4e5VqH5LENeza?dl=0
I've added Retro Cap and Polar Bear Climbers to the folder but I havent got the chance to test yet.
I think my sd is dead, but I should have a spare somewhere.
If anyone wants to try them go ahead.
All right, just finished with these. Polar Bear Climbers were slightly bugged (none of the edge materials were edited), but I fixed it. Retro Captain Falcon was fine, though. I added links to both to the status list.

Hansius

Smash Rookie
Just about finished with another mod. Still gonna be working on the textures slightly and then I need to make recolors for it, but for now here's a preview of it.

This is GBC and Dot's model of Classic Link from Link to the Past. Just in case Ocarina of Time link just isn't retro enough for ya. He has working rimlighting, all that needs to be done is a touch up on some textures and recolors and it'll be headed for the vault.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Looking at the original of that, I think the original is actually already pretty compatible with the Smash 3 style texture-wise. The original's colors should probably be brightened a bit, especially on the shield, but otherwise, I don't think they should be changed much. I think yours is looking too flat, to be honest.

Technically, I do actually think the bird on the shield could be redone some, as the shape is slightly off, but using the same style shading as what it already had.

Last edited:

Hansius

Smash Rookie
You do have a point, and I did think the same thing when I was comparing textures for it and regular Smash 3 Link. At the same time though I couldn't help but think there was more I could do to bring it closer to Smash 3, aside from rim lighting of course. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't, and if there is maybe I'm just not the right person to try it just based on skill. Either way though, thanks for the feedback.

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
All right, just finished with these. Polar Bear Climbers were slightly bugged (none of the edge materials were edited), but I fixed it. Retro Captain Falcon was fine, though. I added links to both to the status list.
Thanks. Im pretty upset I missed that. Oh well, they were removed from the folder.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Hello! I'm the one who's been working on Dry Bowser
, and just to show you that I'm not dead here are some screenshots of someone who is! God that was terrible...
Shout out to @ Taiko Taiko and the amazing eye texture he made, as well as @Edel for his help in fixing his rimlighting issues. However, there is a reason why I haven't posted a download for Dry Bowser and why I'm still working on him...

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Hello! I'm the one who's been working on Dry Bowser
, and just to show you that I'm not dead here are some screenshots of someone who is! God that was terrible...
Shout out to @ Taiko Taiko and the amazing eye texture he made, as well as @Edel for his help in fixing his rimlighting issues. However, there is a reason why I haven't posted a download for Dry Bowser and why I'm still working on him...
Sexy...

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I've been up to some stuff as well, namely Melee Fox

As the C stands for community if someone would like to throw up some custom metal boot/belt/headset textures and CSP/BP's I would be forever grateful. Also if anyone wants some other colours of this or Melee Falco hit me up and tell me and I should be able to pull something off.

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Guys remember the Conductor/Outset link I was working on? It's finally done now! Sorry for the delay but I was busy with uni and real life so I couldn't post it earlier (older versions I posted had issues on Conductor Link).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfro78m1dnc3qx9/Smash 3 Outset Toon Link.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1oypi62hbrwjfng/Smash 3 Outset Toon Link Alts.rar?dl=0
Edit: Updated the Banner as Crixler Suggested

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4inlcjlyn4xpu9/Smash 3 Conductor Toon Link.rar?dl=0

Thanks to Ledgerewskie for helping me on those Banners, also after the big Smash 3 update I'll try to update the textures on those links! Enjoy!

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I would suggest including the Outset variants in the same package, like how you handled the Conductor variants, and how Ledge and I handled OoT Link's shield variants. I don't feel like the difference is significant enough for them to get their own banner. Maybe include both rars in one dropbox folder, and link to the folder instead of each rar individually.

Or, if you would really prefer to have the alt pack have its own banner and link, it should be set up more like this one: http://i.imgur.com/y5y4XwS.png
Which is based on the way the Smash 3 team handles alt banners, just modified to fit more than one csp.

Juken

Smash Ace
Guys remember the Conductor/Outset link I was working on? It's finally done now! Sorry for the delay but I was busy with uni and real life so I couldn't post it earlier (older versions I posted had issues on Conductor Link).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfro78m1dnc3qx9/Smash 3 Outset Toon Link.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1oypi62hbrwjfng/Smash 3 Outset Toon Link Alts.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4inlcjlyn4xpu9/Smash 3 Conductor Toon Link.rar?dl=0

Thanks to Ledgerewskie for helping me on those Banners, also after the big Smash 3 update I'll try to update the textures on those links! Enjoy!
Are the CSPs for this remade/improved over the older ones or should I just keep using the ones from the older version?

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
the CSPs are simply retextured old ones with new textures, (I know those are bad) but are improved (or at least I tried)

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
but are they the same CSPs as in the version before the one in the banner? I'm asking because I put nametags on the costumes like in theytah's build and want to know if I'll have to do it again.

Or am I overthinking this and this is basically the same as the last time you posted it, but it has a banner now?

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
no, I updated them (the CSPs) and also I properly fixed conductor link

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Good job, though I don't think we need the longer banner for the Conductor version, since it's just a difference of an undershirt. You might to also want to upload these to Brawl Vault.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I've been up to some stuff as well, namely Melee Fox

As the C stands for community if someone would like to throw up some custom metal boot/belt/headset textures and CSP/BP's I would be forever grateful. Also if anyone wants some other colours of this or Melee Falco hit me up and tell me and I should be able to pull something off.
[/spoiler]
I had a chance to try Fox out, and it looks really nice but I think the fur and boot saturation should be taken down a notch.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I'll take a look at that, the fur is melee colour and the boots are the same as the PM ones. Perhaps the rim adds a bit too much. Will update soon enough.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I'll take a look at that, the fur is melee colour and the boots are the same as the PM ones. Perhaps the rim adds a bit too much. Will update soon enough.
Yeah, I noticed it was the same shade as Melee Fox, but the Melee characters were a lot more saturated than they are in Smash 4 or Smash 3, so he sticks out a bit too much. Here's an example: http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/335/2/4/super_smash_bros__fox_by_batnight768-d6wdz5x.png

I'm surprised the boots are the same, though. I guess it does have to do with the rim effect.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I am a liar and a fraud, the boots are more saturated I'm editing them and getting pics now, I'm going to keep the fur a bit brighter since that seems to be how 64 Fox is (see 64 3DS and such). But I am open to other input.

EDIT: I applied the changes, here is a good comparison picture http://i.imgur.com/AKxgNAy.png

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
He is pretty saturated in 64 3D and such, but I feel the fur does need some more work.

Look at the tail, especially. The heavy saturation is bringing out the imperfections of the texture itself.
The texture should be cleaned up quite a bit, and perhaps made a bit smoother/flatter looking, too.

Also, in 64 3D, he has black gloves and his coat is white, rather than the yellowish color it is now. If you're going for more of an original 64 feel, then the coat and gloves are the right colors, but the fur should then be made much darker and less saturated.

Edit: If you're aiming more for Melee, rather than Star Fox 64 itself, then this would probably be a good image for fur inspiration:
http://starfoxwiki.info/w/images/8/81/Wolf_Fox_Melee.png

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I am a liar and a fraud, the boots are more saturated I'm editing them and getting pics now, I'm going to keep the fur a bit brighter since that seems to be how 64 Fox is (see 64 3DS and such). But I am open to other input.

EDIT: I applied the changes, here is a good comparison picture http://i.imgur.com/AKxgNAy.png
This is definitely looking better, but I agree with what Crixler said about the tail. I might also want to lower the darkness in his eye sockets.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
I'd keep the fur the same, if it's the same character, then stylistically it should keep the same colour scheme, with some tweaks of course.

Also for Conductor Link, do you want a legitimate fixed neck model? The current one is just a vertexed neck right?

lowbro

Smash Cadet
I made a quick render of melee fox. if you like it I can make more later? imgur . com / a / IWR2v (delete spaces lol)

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
personally I prefer the hair, err fur lighter.

So instead I just made a quick alt file with the original fur, and one with my brighter fur. Good stuff there @ lowbro lowbro , now if I could get versions for all the outfits I would be glad to throw all of it on the download.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
I'd keep the fur the same, if it's the same character, then stylistically it should keep the same colour scheme, with some tweaks of course.

Also for Conductor Link, do you want a legitimate fixed neck model? The current one is just a vertexed neck right?
Yeah the current one is just a vertexed neck, I would really be happy if you could provide a legitimate fix for it.
I also noticed that the orginal model has this problem:

there's the DL for the problematic/buggy neck version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9g29rxzlew41re/FitToonLinkConductor_bug.rar?dl=0

Edit: comparison

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Yeah the current one is just a vertexed neck, I would really be happy if you could provide a legitimate fix for it.
I also noticed that the orginal model has this problem:

there's the DL for the problematic/buggy neck version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9g29rxzlew41re/FitToonLinkConductor_bug.rar?dl=0

Edit: comparison
Fixed
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xm0ic82zt191x38/Smash3_Conductor_Link_Fix.zip?dl=0

(Special thanks to @Codex9 for the screens)

I should mention I moved the hat texture onto the unused space on the body one, so you now have a bit more filesize to work with. That, and I compressed the main texture to CMPR. Those two things shaved off quite a bit of filesize, so you should be good for any future adjustments you want to make.

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Fixed
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xm0ic82zt191x38/Smash3_Conductor_Link_Fix.zip?dl=0

(Special thanks to @Codex9 for the screens)

I should mention I moved the hat texture onto the unused space on the body one, so you now have a bit more filesize to work with. That, and I compressed the main texture to CMPR. Those two things shaved off quite a bit of filesize, so you should be good for any future adjustments you want to make.
Was the shield always so glowy? I don't remember that.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Was the shield always so glowy? I don't remember that.
Hmm, doesn't seem to have been. Let me take a look at that.

EDIT: Okay, that should fix it. Getting screens.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Okay, confirmed fixed. Same download link.

Full steam ahead! (It's actually a steamboat, shhh!)

Also sad times:

For future reference, it's a bit of an in-joke in Smash 3 that whenever I "fix" something, you should hold off until the fix is fixed. Always.

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
There's something I'd really like to work on once the Smash 3 Team release their updated Pikachu.:4pikachu:
Female Pikachu alt. ...
...with these alts for the alt.
Also, I'm encountering significant issues with Dry Bowser's Final Smash.
The textures I applied to his Giga Bowser transformation worked well (because Giga Bowser shares the same textures as regular Bowser *cough*). However, applying rimlighting to the model caused everything to explode to such a severity that one cannot play as Giga Dry Bowser and prolonged play in this form causes the game to crash. It could have been that I overlooked something when I applied rimlighting since I actually haven't had to do this in awhile. Would people prefer if I uploaded my Dry Bowser to Smash 3C without his Giga Bowser form, and just update it later when he is fixed?

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
There's something I'd really like to work on once the Smash 3 Team release their updated Pikachu.:4pikachu:
Female Pikachu alt. ...
...with these alts for the alt.
Also, I'm encountering significant issues with Dry Bowser's Final Smash.
The textures I applied to his Giga Bowser transformation worked well (because Giga Bowser shares the same textures as regular Bowser *cough*). However, applying rimlighting to the model caused everything to explode to such a severity that one cannot play as Giga Dry Bowser and prolonged play in this form causes the game to crash. It could have been that I overlooked something when I applied rimlighting since I actually haven't had to do this in awhile. Would people prefer if I uploaded my Dry Bowser to Smash 3C without his Giga Bowser form, and just update it later when he is fixed?
Please do, that would be amazing.

Hmm. Maybe include a Giga Bowser with the textures, but no rimlighting until the rimlighting on it is fixed?

lowbro

Smash Cadet
I made a quick render of melee fox. if you like it I can make more later? imgur . com / a / IWR2v (delete spaces lol)
okay, I went through all the alts and made csps:

dropbox. com /sh/ dqnzo4jfivvtldd/AABgg0rRVencF3i3Fh3HAASAa?dl=0

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
personally I prefer the hair, err fur lighter.

So instead I just made a quick alt file with the original fur, and one with my brighter fur. Good stuff there @ lowbro lowbro , now if I could get versions for all the outfits I would be glad to throw all of it on the download.
I honestly really like the direction you took with the fur. I feel that if Sakurai was going to include Fox :4fox: in Smash 4 with an alt. based off of the design he had in Melee:foxmelee:, he would have taken Star Fox 64 3D as inspiration. With that in mind, however, I would change the color of the gloves to be black and make his jacket brighter in color.
Of course, the colors look fine as is, but if you were going for a look saying "Star Fox 64 3D"...
Melee
Project M
Star Fox 64 3D

Wait a minute, what about that annoying bird?:4falco: The Melee Falco we have in Smash 3C doesn't seem to be based on the latest Star Fox.
Melee
Project M
Smash 3C
Star Fox 64 3D
If we're going for consistency we may want to make Melee Falco's pants and chest more orange, and his jacket more white. But this isn't a complaint; the alt. as is looks chill as f***.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Today I was bored and since I was done with Toon Link (Thanks for the courtesy of Taiko for fixing conductor model) I decided to give Smash 3 styled textures to polar ice climbers rimlit model (thanks to Crixler and SomeSmashBro for Rimlighting stuff). Tell me what you think since it was a veeeeeery quick work

DL Link (includes CSP/BP): https://www.dropbox.com/s/emeh1pda6w4c93j/Smash 3C Polar Bear Ice Climbers.rar?dl=0
Edit: Also The bear costume color is completely white, There's no fur now. Should I add it back like the original one?
comparison: http://s29.postimg.org/wwpmc9von/comparison.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom