• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Today I was bored and since I was done with Toon Link (Thanks for the courtesy of Taiko for fixing conductor model) I decided to give Smash 3 styled textures to polar ice climbers rimlit model (thanks to Crixler and SomeSmashBro for Rimlighting stuff). Tell me what you think since it was a veeeeeery quick work

DL Link (includes CSP/BP): https://www.dropbox.com/s/emeh1pda6w4c93j/Smash 3C Polar Bear Ice Climbers.rar?dl=0
Edit: Also The color is completely white, There's no fur now. Should I add it back like the original one?
I don't see a lot to nitpick. Good job! I will say that you may want to go back an update them once the Smash 3 Team update their Ice Climbers, but even then I don't see a lot you'd have to change.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I think it's the hammer getting the most change, @ Aghanim Aghanim if possible I wouldn't mind seeing some recolours, if you could bear to return to your work ehehehe. I'll let it be known it's my little secret to make a S3 cbliss build with two alt team colours per character, so if you could perhaps do some other bear species such as:

-A grey/silver coat with dark and light blue accessories
-A brown bear with crimson/red accessories
-A black bear with emerald green/green accessories

I would certainly be grateful for it, and it would be a lovely fill in the roster selection regardless.

As for Falco/Fox, my main inspiration for mine is still melee, and anyone would be free to edit how they will. I'll test making Falco's jumpsuit a bit oranger though, it has been a while since I touched it but I won't mind taking a second look. Right now though I've been finishing up a Prime candidate for a costume slot, and I'm sure we will all have a ball playing with it.

After that I'm going to see about making some lighting edits to some of the brawlbox CPSs to see if that will help them look any better.

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Layell unfortunately now I don't have the time for doing those recolors (stupid exams) but I'll try when I'll have the time. As for the smash 3 styled CSPs would be hard to do them (or at least for me lol)

Taiko

Smash Ace
I think it's the hammer getting the most change, @ Aghanim Aghanim if possible I wouldn't mind seeing some recolours, if you could bear to return to your work ehehehe. I'll let it be known it's my little secret to make a S3 cbliss build with two alt team colours per character, so if you could perhaps do some other bear species such as:

I would certainly be grateful for it, and it would be a lovely fill in the roster selection regardless.

As for Falco/Fox, my main inspiration for mine is still melee, and anyone would be free to edit how they will. I'll test making Falco's jumpsuit a bit oranger though, it has been a while since I touched it but I won't mind taking a second look. Right now though I've been finishing up a Prime candidate for a costume slot, and I'm sure we will all have a ball playing with it.

After that I'm going to see about making some lighting edits to some of the brawlbox CPSs to see if that will help them look any better.
They're actually completely different, but in this case the only thing that would need to be updated would be the faces and hair.

That said, I'd add a bit of a cotton-ish texture:

And maybe darken them a bit? If it's not too much trouble, mind grabbing a screen of them on Brawl Yoshi's Island? That stage has great neutral lighting, so it's a good way of testing costumes.

Juken

Smash Ace
I hope PMDT considers using the stuff from this project officially once it's finished instead of making all of their costumes in Brawl's gross style.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
I think you're work is looking pretty good Aghanim. It's nice to see others S3-ifying the characters.
Also, here's an update y'all.
Armor Charizard, Armor Ike, and Sigurd Marth have been rimlit. I fixed my Polar Bear Climbers so theyre in there too.
Crixler already fixed them but I figured I'd complete my work just so I didnt have half done stuff on my pc.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t8qlbbvzt07nfbd/AAAx6Ju0Ng_l4e5VqH5LENeza?dl=0
I'm really looking forward to Armor Ike being S3-ified. I love the black armor, and destroying some one with a fully charged Eruption feels so good.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I think you're work is looking pretty good Aghanim. It's nice to see others S3-ifying the characters.
Also, here's an update y'all.
Armor Charizard, Armor Ike, and Sigurd Marth have been rimlit. I fixed my Polar Bear Climbers so theyre in there too.
Crixler already fixed them but I figured I'd complete my work just so I didnt have half done stuff on my pc.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t8qlbbvzt07nfbd/AAAx6Ju0Ng_l4e5VqH5LENeza?dl=0
I'm really looking forward to Armor Ike being S3-ified. I love the black armor, and destroying some one with a fully charged Eruption feels so good.
Does your rimlit Sigurd/Holy War Marth contain the fixes from the visual fixing thread? I think the only one that would be super relevant to S3C purposes would be the sheath, though.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I thought the smash 3 team was already doing Sigurd Marth.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice

As you requestyed a brown recolor I tried my best with fusing the last 2 suggested recolors so I made a brown bear coat with green and violet accesories. Cannot post pics ingame atm (I'll try later) but I will provide brawlbox pics:
http://i.imgur.com/F4mkmNM.png
http://i.imgur.com/kudXKiT.png

Edit: Added Pics (last one is the version with fur)

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0zop9tr5yti2dt/S3C IC Brown Bear Recolor.zip?dl=0
provided a version with fur and another one with no fur (Idk Smash 3 style is weird with the fur for me lol). I also made styled smash 3 CSP/BP. Could be adding this into the vault... Actually I'm also thinking in making a panda recolor but it will be an hard task.

Tell me what you think...

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Brown Bear icies look adorable, good stuff I can probably recolour my way into those other ones I want with that : )

I'll also look to making slight adjustments to both Fox and Falco on my upcoming days off to see how much I can improve them in general.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I thought the smash 3 team was already doing Sigurd Marth.
Not them, no. I think someone else has posted a few teaser images of them working on it, though. I can't remember who. I should probably find out, and add that info to the status list.

Edit: I should continue reading the thread before I reply. Wing Zero, that's right. I'll note that he's working on it, then.

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
As you requestyed a brown recolor I tried my best with fusing the last 2 suggested recolors so I made a brown bear coat with green and violet accesories. Cannot post pics ingame atm (I'll try later) but I will provide brawlbox pics:
http://i.imgur.com/F4mkmNM.png
http://i.imgur.com/kudXKiT.png

Edit: Added Pics (last one is the version with fur)

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0zop9tr5yti2dt/S3C IC Brown Bear Recolor.zip?dl=0
provided a version with fur and another one with no fur (Idk Smash 3 style is weird with the fur for me lol). I also made styled smash 3 CSP/BP. Could be adding this into the vault... Actually I'm also thinking in making a panda recolor but it will be an hard task.

Tell me what you think...
Adorable, but I can't believe no one suggested Panda Climbers...
EDIT:
Wow. I didn't even read your message at the end. I just started writing the comment after seeing the pictures. Lol

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Adorable, but I can't believe no one suggested Panda Climbers...
EDIT:
Wow. I didn't even read your message at the end. I just started writing the comment after seeing the pictures. Lol
As for the Panda climbers those will be available soon. I decided to add a bamboo hammer and emerald and pink accessories. I couldn't add a black color to the panda tail since if I did that the back part of the panda would be all black. It also have some problems near the zip part (Idk if I can fix that). I decided to left to the emerald climber a pink hand (cuz some artworks/cartoons of pandas have them pink and of course cuz it's cute lol)
I provided some pics on brawlbox since I'm not fully done with them... (they need CSPs and fur stuff!):

As allways tell me what you think and if I should left the pink hand on the emerald one

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
ok I will provide 2 different versions for the emerald one.
edit: Sorry I misread that... but will provide an alt with an emerald hand

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I like it!
I agree with Ledge that the palms would look better with the same color as the rest of the stuff.
Also, emeralds are green, that's cyan.

Taiko

Smash Ace
As for the Panda climbers those will be available soon. I decided to add a bamboo hammer and emerald and pink accessories. I couldn't add a black color to the panda tail since if I did that the back part of the panda would be all black. It also have some problems near the zip part (Idk if I can fix that). I decided to left to the emerald climber a pink hand (cuz some artworks/cartoons of pandas have them pink and of course cuz it's cute lol)
I provided some pics on brawlbox since I'm not fully done with them... (they need CSPs and fur stuff!):

As allways tell me what you think and if I should left the pink hand on the emerald one
Oh neat, I do think the hammers should be changed back though, processed bamboo isn't green.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace

That looks so badass... And leave the pink hand there.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538

Is it me or does Popo look like Hatsune Miku? lol, just something cool!
I like the bamboo hammers, they are also neat!

Last edited:

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188

Oh my god!!! I want these!!! They're amazing!

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I was thinking of making smash 3 sonic costumes with their original sonic costumes but i need all the original smash 3 sonic files (brawl model)

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Wait, do you mean smash 3 recolors on the brawl model, brawl styled "shades of blue" smash 3 recolors on the brawl model, or brawl styled "blue" recolors on the smash 3 model?

Taiko

Smash Ace
No no no, smash 3 (brawl) recolors on the smash 3 model.
We did those...that's why there are two "sets" if you will. Brawl styled recolours with the Brawl bracelets, or P:M style recolours with...the Brawl bracelets. We just like different bracelets. Bracelets for everyone!

Last edited:

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Don't they already have that? When you download the Sonic costume pack, it has colorful smash 4/random friends recolors and then some Brawl styled smash 3 recolors (the colored bracelets and tinted fur). Or did they have different recolors when they were using the brawl model?

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
They had different recolors when they were using the brawl model. What im saying is im going to make original smash 3 recolors for the smash 3 model.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Don't they already have that? When you download the Sonic costume pack, it has colorful smash 4/random friends recolors and then some Brawl styled smash 3 recolors (the colored bracelets and tinted fur). Or did they have different recolors when they were using the brawl model?
We had the same recolours, without the unique bracelets before. Or at least I think we did...

EDIT: Now I'm confused too...

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I remember before the smash 3 team had the smash 3 sonic model, they had some different recolors like super sonic, brown, tinted blue costume, and another blue costume.

Taiko

Smash Ace
I remember before the smash 3 team had the smash 3 sonic model, they had some different recolors like super sonic, brown, tinted blue costume, and another blue costume.
Oh that was way back, I remember those.
Yellow = Super Sonic
Brown = "Old comic book" (or something) Sonic
Tinted Blue = Teal Sonic
Other blue = Apotos Sonic

Top Bottom