• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
I use gimp.. I'm no weirdo...
if you read my message carefully you can see that I use gimp too. Also I don't know something feels weird with shadow. it's hard to tell from that pic but it looks like it still needs some work.
Also I've been working on revamping a thing too...

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
00000000-92.png
ScreenCapture0.png

Layell

Smash Journeyman
"I'll just change the mouth, and shift the eye texture to the right" I said

"It'll look much better" I said

EDIT: V I don't know why you would want to but okay!

Last edited:

ThePizzaDog

Smash Rookie
Tell me where to find this Snake texture you've made, and I'll see if I can get it working.
Here's a link to what I have so far: http://www.mediafire.com/download/j6twt7dg9wk3vc7/FitSnakeXX_MGS1.pac
The textures are WIP-- I'm satisfied with most of it, but I plan on reworking the area around his knees and elbows and the back of the vest. Thanks and best of luck to you!

Hey Pizza Dog, I took your N64 Semi-alt and made all the colors much brighter. Literally all I did was make it 30% more saturated. What do you think?
I kind of like how it looks, and it does seem to bring it closer to the N64 colors, but I think the current version might fit better with the other S3-style stuff. Maybe take some comparison pics?
But speaking of Captain Falcon, here's something I've been working on for a while:
It's a S3C version of Jocky and Gravity's Blood Falcon hack! This was one of the first texture edits I attempted and after redoing most of my work, I think it looks good enough to release. Once I knew what I was doing (relatively speaking) this one wasn't too hard. Most of the textures are unaltered from the Smash 3 red alt. But I thought some people might like this in their build.

Here's the .pac: http://www.mediafire.com/download/99p0w8fo8f8n11x/FitCaptain01_Blood.pac

Would anyone mind rendering some CSPs? I know nothing at all about rendering and the tutorial I've seen seeming kind of daunting.

And here is the very first texture edit I tried, and what I am working on right now:
The image above is very much a WIP-- all I've done so far is the hair (which will need a little smoothing out) and the rimlighting. The rest is just color-adjusted original textures. It looks passable from a distance, but nowhere near releasable quality yet.
As a side note, I've been trying to import in the Ordon Sword and Sheath from the Zora Tunic model onto this one, but all I ever get is that mess of janky grey vertices flying off into the distance. Could anyone who knows what they're doing let me know what I'm doing wrong?

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Here's a link to what I have so far: http://www.mediafire.com/download/j6twt7dg9wk3vc7/FitSnakeXX_MGS1.pac
The textures are WIP-- I'm satisfied with most of it, but I plan on reworking the area around his knees and elbows and the back of the vest. Thanks and best of luck to you!

I kind of like how it looks, and it does seem to bring it closer to the N64 colors, but I think the current version might fit better with the other S3-style stuff. Maybe take some comparison pics?
But speaking of Captain Falcon, here's something I've been working on for a while:
It's a S3C version of Jocky and Gravity's Blood Falcon hack! This was one of the first texture edits I attempted and after redoing most of my work, I think it looks good enough to release. Once I knew what I was doing (relatively speaking) this one wasn't too hard. Most of the textures are unaltered from the Smash 3 red alt. But I thought some people might like this in their build.

Here's the .pac: http://www.mediafire.com/download/99p0w8fo8f8n11x/FitCaptain01_Blood.pac

Would anyone mind rendering some CSPs? I know nothing at all about rendering and the tutorial I've seen seeming kind of daunting.

And here is the very first texture edit I tried, and what I am working on right now:
The image above is very much a WIP-- all I've done so far is the hair (which will need a little smoothing out) and the rimlighting. The rest is just color-adjusted original textures. It looks passable from a distance, but nowhere near releasable quality yet.
As a side note, I've been trying to import in the Ordon Sword and Sheath from the Zora Tunic model onto this one, but all I ever get is that mess of janky grey vertices flying off into the distance. Could anyone who knows what they're doing let me know what I'm doing wrong?
What do you need renders for? ;)

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Lame.
Who's that?
No. Just happened to notice that while examining my Super Sonic so I checked all of the costumes and found the same issue.
Oh.
The textures are like that because brawlbox loves to compress the sh*t out of textures.

D

Deleted member

Here. The brighter one is my edit.

Attachments

D

Deleted member

I fixed Snake.
al_160213_1314.bin.out.jpg

He will display a weird sort of glitchy Final Smash eyes thing, but it's all around his body.

Top Bottom