• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

MountZion

Smash Rookie
Thanks
But
I meant for Brawl not Project M, I've tried your pack, it isn't that expansive for Brawl as much as it is for Project M. But the Original Smash 3 Has alot of the characters skinned for Brawl. Thank you though, And can you please reply

D

Deleted member

Just learned that I need Brawlbox v7.0 to rim light. I used my newfound powers on Brawl Minus Roy. Now I'm gonna rimlight that Shadow Peach texture. Oh, this will be glorious.

ThePizzaDog

Smash Rookie
Hey, everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. I love what you all have been doing and I thought I'd try to chip in.
I just uploaded my first mod to the vault: a Smash 3C-styled N64 Captain Falcon Semi-Alt!

I used zarx1554's N64 Falcon textures as a base, edited the body, gloves, scarf, boots, and belt to more closely match his N64 look. (The belt is Melee-styled like the PM costume.) I applied the textures to the original semi-alt model and rimlit it (Delphino and all). I made this for my personal build, but I feel like I've polished it enough now to upload it.

I've also been working on a Smash 3C version of Mansta8's MGS1 Sneaking Suit:

Unfortunately, my attempts to add rimlighting have so far just crashed the game. Does anyone more experienced with these things have any advice?

D

Deleted member

[/SPOILER]
Unfortunately, my attempts to add rimlighting have so far just crashed the game. Does anyone more experienced with these things have any advice?
Tell me where to find this Snake texture you've made, and I'll see if I can get it working.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
hmm.png

Examining Jiggs reveals that the S3C one has different UVs and shaders, as I can't seem to get the pink to match up.
Wario's hat was my first attempt at texturing. Looks solid aside from the bill, methinks.
Kirby over Jiggs is stupid, cute, and hilarious.
ROB over Snake suddenly decided to work. Probably doesn't like being around certain stages and characters, must investigate further.

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Comparison of my First Brawl Hack to now which I redid

Edit: if anyone wants it, I'll release it later today

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
ScreenCapture0.png

Its interesting to see the inner workings of Nintendo in an indirect way. The whole uncompresed, jiterry issues of HD textures on certain models had presented no problems to them due to the fact that vBrawl textures are already jittery, therefore the AA issues and and poor outline blending was never a problem to them.

Curiously, adding noise to the picture will fix the blending, making it look smoother rather than blocky. But of course, that looks bad.

Last edited:

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 94920

Its interesting to see the inner workings of Nintendo in an indirect way. The whole uncompresed, jiterry issues of HD textures on certain models had presented no problems to them due to the fact that vBrawl textures are already jittery, therefore the AA issues and and poor outline blending was never a problem to them.

Curiously, adding noise to the picture will fix the blending, making it look smoother rather than blocky. But of course, that looks bad.
I think it looks fine as is

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Well there is only the one edge texture for Smash 3, so keep it yes.

Anyways keep your files since the hair on peach will be changing in the update, and perhaps other things?

D

Deleted member

Yes! It is very good. While there is a CSP of Shadow Queen Peach, that CSP doesn't use this texture. Do you think you'll be able to make CSP? Overall I like this and I love you.
I feel like I'm good at stuff now. This is... An interesting feeling. Also, I don't know how to make CSPs.
Well there is only the one edge texture for Smash 3, so keep it yes.

Anyways keep your files since the hair on peach will be changing in the update, and perhaps other things?
I don't know whether to say "YAAAAAY" or "DOH!"

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
View attachment 94920

I think I need a bigger picture view to actually tell.

D

Deleted member

Are the Trainer hat Pikachu, Peachu, and Partychu finished, and just not on BrawlVault?

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Are the Trainer hat Pikachu, Peachu, and Partychu finished, and just not on BrawlVault?
Well they are included in the Brawl Pikachu pack (Brawl being the model, not just for Brawl the game).

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
What are you saying?
It looks very bad.
Very.
Exactly, what kind of reputation would I give to my teachers if I can't even texture this guy on par than what I did with their ROB?

Maybe I have to try something else in the mean time.... something that is actually worth while and fun for all of us. Any metalic suggestions?

I made this the same way I made Smash3's ROB. The model is ready for testing for those who wish to tackle it, PM me for a .rar

GalleomEye00HD.png

Gunman1357

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gunman1357
User was warned for this post
Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Smash 3c Is one of my favorite smash bros mods. All the new costumes, and coolers make me really exited. However with all these new additions, you guys might also want an utterly amazing soundtrack. I present you a project I have taken 6 months to create. Behold The project M 3.6 Unsilienced (The Music Pack). http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-3-6-unsilienced-the-perfect-music-pack.430292/. Please take a look.
I understand you want to show people your Build but, This isn't the right place to do it.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Smash 3c Is one of my favorite smash bros mods. All the new costumes, and coolers make me really exited. However with all these new additions, you guys might also want an utterly amazing soundtrack. I present you a project I have taken 6 months to create. Behold The project M 3.6 Unsilienced (The Music Pack). http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-3-6-unsilienced-the-perfect-music-pack.430292/. Please take a look.
That's nice and all, but this a thread about textures and models. Furthermore, custom soundtracks are entirely subjective whereas this project follows a strict set of guidelines.

Gunman1357

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gunman1357
Of course so have I. I had to put strict restrictions on myself in order so I could please the most people at the same time, and I had to make sure the song fit the stages theme while also being faithful smash bros series as a whole. So please give it a look. You might be surprised by what you hear.

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Of course so have I. I had to put strict restrictions on myself in order so I could please the most people at the same time, and I had to make sure the song fit the stages theme while also being faithful smash bros series as a whole. So please give it a look. You might be surprised by what you hear.
Hey now, this isn't a thread to promote custom builds. You can make a thread about it if you're so eager for folks to see it, but this isn't the place for that.

Last edited:

Gunman1357

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gunman1357
Its not a custom build, its a music pack. But alright fine. I won't promote my pack. In non brtsms and custom build threads. But I think you should still take a look before you judge it.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Its not a custom build, its a music pack. But alright fine. I won't promote my pack. In non brtsms and custom build threads. But I think you should still take a look before you judge it.
excuse me, but if it's a music pack, why are you posting about it in a Texture / Model thread? it's still off-topic, it'd have fit better if you tried to promote it in another Music Pack thread or made a thread for it

btw (and on-topic), are there plans for the Smash 3C PSDs to be released?

Gunman1357

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gunman1357
excuse me, but if it's a music pack, why are you posting about it in a Texture / Model thread? it's still off-topic, it'd have fit better if you tried to promote it in another Music Pack thread or made a thread for it

I did. I just wanted to share great music with a community of hard working modelers, and its not like i'm making any profit out of this. I'm doing this for the community. The whole community.

I didn't like where that link took me.
K. Thats a wierd comment.

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
uh... well.. maybe?

To be honest those I work with haven't really considered it, we generally lend out our PSD stuff to those we trust and know how to texture. If you want to do something like a simple recolour, grab the textures from the S3HD pack if they are there, and then recolour those (they will be in better quality and not compressed). If it's a different model, then what may be best is to do the work on the parts that aren't copied from what we did, and go from there with a nice little PM.

I might consider releasing some once S3 pack is released. I expect a few of my already released characters to be changed with that release.

Also some of the people here are weird and use GIMP and xcf files instead of Photoshop PSDs, and exporting/changing the files comes with some degree of mayhem.

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Also some of the people here are weird and use GIMP and xcf files instead of Photoshop PSDs, and exporting/changing the files comes with some degree of mayhem.
(<_<) (>_>) I wonder who are those weirdos that use GIMP... (<_<) (>_>)
I don't plan to release my source xcf files but I guess once the smash 3 will hit the big update I might release some source files if anyone will ask for them

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
(<_<) (>_>) I wonder who are those weirdos that use GIMP... (<_<) (>_>)
I don't plan to release my source xcf files but I guess once the smash 3 will hit the big update I might release some source files if anyone will ask for them
I use gimp.. I'm no weirdo...
Oh, and im making this.
al_160203_2028.bin.out.jpg

Top Bottom