• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Made stuff:
And I was serious about Smash 3 and Melee Remastered, at least give the models rimlight at some point!

Edit: If you're quoting this post, make sure the spoiler bar is present, the new renders found may spoil the new Smash 3 update early (although these may not be the final renders, but just in case)
Can I use the Geno CSS for Smash 3C Geno?

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Leaked content from the Smash 3 team. I'm sure there's still a link somewhere if you really want to see it early.
I mean it's not really leaked, I talked to Taiko and he said it was fine, he just didn't expect anyone to find it. Besides, I assume he would ask for it to be taken down if he didn't like it being posted and talked about.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I mean it's not really leaked, I talked to Taiko and he said it was fine, he just didn't expect anyone to find it. Besides, I assume he would ask for it to be taken down if he didn't like it being posted and talked about.
Okay, good. That makes me feel a lot better about it being seen. Wonder if he'll show some previews now.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Renders look like they were from a leaked Smash 4 DLC pack... TO THE LEAK MOBILE!
We must data-mine the new update harder!

And wait... is that CHAR- *Gets needled by Sheik*
*thud*
DED... and I wasn't even talking about Sakuya's pa-
*thud*

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Alright let's try this again...

Crap there was an earthquake!

Wait...

Last edited:

Mewphelis

Smash Apprentice
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/307082229
Good job now look what people are saying :yeahboi:
Yeah... at least I tried.
Lol "Well, you didn't just grab a Smash 3 model like the fake Wolf leak at least. Still fake and gay but good on you to make it not immediately obvious that it's a fake, maybe someone will actually fall for it." I don't think this person's too caught up with S3.
"This is just that project that guy is doing to update the brawl renders. You probably even found that on 4chan too." Look who doesn't understand the project.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I can make a realistic looking leak with the renders, I'll post it on 4chan tomorrow

My thoughts exactly....

Now then, my next character I'm thinking about rimlighting is one I talked about doing some time... I heard he's a WVBO champion.

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Are you sure those are official renders. If they are I'll be sad because I just finished my own squirtle, with Shinobi costumes, I just needed a proper render pose. Honestly if that is the official Smash 3 Squirtle, it looks better than mine.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Look, I understand this is all fun and games. But you do realize you/someone put up Taiko's website on 4chan of all places? Faking leaks and whatnot is hilarious and funny, but having Taiko's website posted up is stepping a boundry. I don't think anyone would want something like a personal website on 4chan.

If you want to do something with the renders, whatever it doesn't matter. Literally anyone can find renders of anything on google images. Especially considering that the renders are probably gonna end up on every smash related website known to man. But personal websites is a big no.

You can have your fun, that's not a problem. Just... don't get caught up in it all to do something as foolish as that again.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Are you sure those are official renders. If they are I'll be sad because I just finished my own squirtle, with Shinobi costumes, I just needed a proper render pose. Honestly if that is the official Smash 3 Squirtle, it looks better than mine.
Don't worry, some people prefer a different pose for alternate outfits to help distinguish them from recolours.

Though in all due respect, if anyone on the Smash 3 team/Smash 3C team is interested in a Graphical design type of career, you all are by all means more than ready. If this is the quality that goes into a mod for a videogame, just think of how wonderful and amazing a 3D animation with these techniques applied could look like, even in something as simple as a commercial with the same art style.

Edit: Wait this got me thinking... does Team Fortress 2's character model's have rimlight by any chance? I notice a similar "fleeting light" while watching some SFM movies...

Last edited:

Mewphelis

Smash Apprentice
Look, I understand this is all fun and games. But you do realize you/someone put up Taiko's website on 4chan of all places? Faking leaks and whatnot is hilarious and funny, but having Taiko's website posted up is stepping a boundry. I don't think anyone would want something like a personal website on 4chan.

If you want to do something with the renders, whatever it doesn't matter. Literally anyone can find renders of anything on google images. Especially considering that the renders are probably gonna end up on every smash related website known to man. But personal websites is a big no.

You can have your fun, that's not a problem. Just... don't get caught up in it all to do something as foolish as that again.
I understand and I'm sorry for getting caught up in it. I'm deeply sorry if anyone is mad, I didn't mean for anyone to get mad. I promise I won't do something as foolish as this again.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
My Squirtle was nice, but the official is so much better
I'll be doing Shinobi Squirtle when the update comes out, the textures are done, I just need green and red team recolors, and a rimlit model. Does anyone have a rimlit model of shinobi squirtle by any chance?
Here's how my squirtle looked like

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Research orthographic vs perspective view. Your current render is using perspective, which makes it look odd relative to other renders. Using an orthographic camera will "flatten" it and get rid of the wierd sense of depth.

Top Bottom