• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
As cheesy as Scourge the Hedgehog is, this is looking pretty good. How large is the shoe texture? It'd be nice if you could make it sharper
Yeah, he is a bit cheesy, but he makes for a good green costume! I can't check right now, but I think it's the default Brawl mapping, maybe larger. For the preview, I just did a recolor of the existing texture as a placeholder, and I'm pretty sure it can be made sharper. If not, I could make a model to go on top if needed.

Juken

Smash Ace
Currently, only the jacket, shoes, and arms are imported from a newer version made by SplitPersonalities, which has a fixed jacket. The only thing new on the head is the Smash 3 Jet Set glasses, since they are infinitely better than the other glasses. So, no error, and even if there was, I can just hide it. Also, what kind of error was it? Just pieces of model jutting out?

The top of the head was like this in and out of game, although the discoloration was not as noticeable.

His model doesn't look Brawl-Like because I had merged the Smash 3 Sonic green texture with him, but stopped afterward because I couldn't make his shoe texture look good and noticed the model error. As you could guess, seeing you redoing him is very nice to see as I spent some time finding a new green costume for Sonic and Scourge being an actual character fit perfectly, but his model was too messed up.

Also, are you going to make the glasses shaped differently to be more like Scourge's or are you going to stick with the JSS shape? Doesn't really matter since it seems like his glasses vary in shape, according to google images,. Actually, I just realized that his glasses go on his head ad not his eyes.

Last edited:

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
The top of the head was like this in and out of game, although the discoloration was not as noticeable.

His model doesn't look Brawl-Like because I had merged the Smash 3 Sonic green texture with him, but stopped afterward because I couldn't make his shoe texture look good and noticed the model error. As you could guess, seeing you redoing him is very nice to see as I spent some time finding a new green costume for Sonic and Scourge being an actual character fit perfectly, but his model was too messed up.

Also, are you going to make the glasses shaped differently to be more like Scourge's or are you going to stick with the JSS shape? Doesn't really matter since it seems like his glasses vary in shape, according to google images.
Ah, I see what happened. KTH's Scourge does have that discoloration, but only for the fur. It looks like you imported the entire model, but you can import pieces at a time by exporting the mdl0, right click on the model, import existing object, etc. My Scourge model is basically green Sonic generations model with a jacket, different shoes, and glasses. I didn't use any part of the head, so this issue won't be present.

I did try to shape the glasses to be similar to the shape of his glasses (according to comics and official render), but I couldn't make those little ridges. I'm pretty happy with the way they look right now, so they'll probably stay the way they are.

Juken

Smash Ace
Ah, I see what happened. KTH's Scourge does have that discoloration, but only for the fur. It looks like you imported the entire model, but you can import pieces at a time by exporting the mdl0, right click on the model, import existing object, etc. My Scourge model is basically green Sonic generations model with a jacket, different shoes, and glasses. I didn't use any part of the head, so this issue won't be present.

I did try to shape the glasses to be similar to the shape of his glasses (according to comics and official render), but I couldn't make those little ridges. I'm pretty happy with the way they look right now, so they'll probably stay the way they are.
I mean that the KTH mod itself had that messed up model. And also, will the glasses be on his eyes only or over his head?

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I mean that the KTH mod itself had that messed up model. And also, will the glasses be on his eyes only or over his head?
I was thinking about that... The main model will have the glasses over his eyes, but I can make an alt with the glasses over.

Happy Pi Day! I'm only a few months off but we can celebrate it with two characters whose name start with Pi at least. Actually, I'm an idiot and I don't know what I'm talking about.

Can you please share the high quality PSD's for this, seeing as how I now have to recreate my Pikachu slots?
Or even better, can you just PM me all the Smash 3 psds? I dont care what state of organization they're in, I'm a big boy, I can figure it out.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Can you please share the high quality PSD's for this, seeing as how I now have to recreate my Pikachu slots?
Or even better, can you just PM me all the Smash 3 psds? I dont care what state of organization they're in, I'm a big boy, I can figure it out.
I'm a bit confused by what you're saying. All Smash 3 PSDs? The Smash 3 PSDs for vBrawl Pikachu would be outdated and low-res at this point. Out of curiosity, what are you recreating for Pikachu? Anyway, Layell did most of Pikachu's textures, so it'll be mainly up to him whether or not he wants to upload the .psds in a way that people can understand.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Can some one hit me up with full-sized transparent renders of Smash 3C Brawl Marth, Smash 3C Ranger Ike, and Smash 3 Pit? I'm improving the "shadows" for my Project HD CSS icons.
An example of the rework:
brawl dr. mario.png

Last edited:

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I've "finished" Scourge, but right now, he crashes the CSS because his filesize is 1.27 mb, which is quite a bit over the filesize limit. I've tried importing the parts and textures to a fresh model, and managed to increase the filesize to 1.34 mb... I'm 99% sure it's the large amount of textures, since I'm unable to remap the textures. At least 3 large images only have 5% being used, so if someone could remap the textures onto single sheets, that'd be great.
Here's the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fxragovx1ig4bw/FitScourge00.pac?dl=0

I'm a bit confused by what you're saying. All Smash 3 PSDs? The Smash 3 PSDs for vBrawl Pikachu would be outdated and low-res at this point. Out of curiosity, what are you recreating for Pikachu? Anyway, Layell did most of Pikachu's textures, so it'll be mainly up to him whether or not he wants to upload the .psds in a way that people can understand.
Lol a 4th of my SD card is stuff I've created for myself and never released ever. The HQ PDF is for personal use, I'm not releasing anything unless someone asks me (privately).

Juken

Smash Ace
Lol a 4th of my SD card is stuff I've created for myself and never released ever. The HQ PDF is for personal use, I'm not releasing anything unless someone asks me (privately).
You never thought of releasing that Smash 3C Raichu?

Because I know I'd love that...

Last edited:

Pantsface16

Smash Rookie
As cheesy as Scourge the Hedgehog is, this is looking pretty good. How large is the shoe texture? It'd be nice if you could make it sharper.

I'm not sure if you actually meant to say Pikachu, but I personally try to make all of the alts that seem like costume swaps (like Lucario or Dedede) match the Smash 3 pose, and I'm typically not going to be making any alternate poses for them. Characters like Mr. L or Ice Climbers should be getting new renders once Smash 3 updates them.

Hm, well we did push the filesize a lot on him with the resolution increase, but I never tested it on vBrawl. I would have thought that his PM moveset would have been larger, if anything, but I guess not. Is it all costumes, or just certain ones that you tried? I can downsize the textures so that it won't crash, though.
I have tested all his default costumes and strangely enough the headband and goggles work just fine while the default and cap freeze. Any idea what's wrong here?

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Thank you so much! :) I'll just need to redo Brawl Samus from a "clean render" before I go hunt'n for angels....
brawl ike.png
brawl marth.png

Edit: ...That means I need a full-sized transparent Smash 3C Brawl Samus Render... Please?

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
isn't the default color CSP a viable asset to use?
Technically, Yes. But I've noticed that when you down size the full render (via percent), it's smoother and less pixely.
I'll try to use the full render from the imgur gallery and see what happens.

Edit: Nope, it results in there being noticable white/blue spots being seen with the shadow/a background in place. :/ The need for a full-sized transparent Smash 3C Brawl Samus Render still remains.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I have tested all his default costumes and strangely enough the headband and goggles work just fine while the default and cap freeze. Any idea what's wrong here?
Oh, thank you very much. I didn't see this earlier because you seemed to post before you meant to. I know what's wrong here. Which cap freezes? The red team costume? I'll upload a filesize fix tomorrow. The reason is just because I pushed the filesize so much with the resolution increase - I'll just reduce the yellow eye textures to half size for those as well.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Uh a few things.

Here is the Samus render, I happen to have it for reasons..

I might also advise not calling the CSS icons "HD", my Smash 3 HD project miiiighhhht object to that lol. Perhaps colourful? IDK your call.

As for Pikachu PSDs... uhhh not now? I know the originals are out there, and it seems kind of a jerk move for me to use original stuff then hide it away. But I'd like to release my first beta of S3HD with the full size textures...

IT WILL BE REALLY HYPE I SAY.. don't believe me?? I'LL SHOOT YA!

Also sharing is caring, and I care to share with others who share ; )

(also if you have basic tracing skills and would be interesting in helping with HD stuff LET ME KNOW)

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Does you saying "colorful" imply that there will be a version with the normal Project M colors?

Layell

Smash Journeyman
idk I'm not naming those CSS icons Calahan is doing, but calling them HD when they are the same size is kind of lol.

I mean here is the size of my actual HD ones for that pack I am going to release for S3HD on Dolphin:

Last edited:

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
idk I'm not naming those CSS icons Calahan is doing, but calling them HD when they are the same size is kind of lol.

I mean here is the size of my actual HD ones for that pack I am going to release for S3HD on Dolphin:

Will those only be for Dolphin, or will there be a release for Wii hackless/homebrew?

Cahalan

Smash Ace

Yeah I guess you're right... Wait those are pretty darn huge, do you resize them to what Brawl/PM requires them to be (80x56), or is it dolphin wizardry that makes then still useable? I downsize the renders to the size that best fits the 80x56 limit to the best quality that Paint.NET can do via percent so...
Uh a few things.

I might also advise not calling the CSS icons "HD", my Smash 3 HD project miiiighhhht object to that lol. Perhaps colourful? IDK your call.

As for Pikachu PSDs... uhhh not now? I know the originals are out there, and it seems kind of a jerk move for me to use original stuff then hide it away. But I'd like to release my first beta of S3HD with the full size textures...

(also if you have basic tracing skills and would be interesting in helping with HD stuff LET ME KNOW)
Thank you for the render, and do you mean the type of tracing that you can do in Photoshop? Sorry I can't quite get to grips with Photoshop but I'm trying to push the limits of what Paint.Net can do. Maybe in the future when I have time to get used to Photoshop, but currently that is something that my summer homework/school objects to me doing... :/

So how does Smash 3 Rainbow Remix sound?

Edit: Here's a Redone Brawl Samus and Smash 3 Bowser:
bowser.png
brawl samus.png

Now I must hunt for a canyon!

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

Pantsface16

Smash Rookie
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rcadltzt9mrjk6a/FitPikachu00.pcs?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7rsxxu2vrdhpo0a/FitPikachu01.pcs?dl=0

Could you test if these work on Brawl? I am afraid I don't have anything set up to test on vBrawl.
I'll test these as soon as I get home. I think the max file size is 1,600 kb, everything under seems to work fine.

Edit: I think I can manage to resize the files myself and pm them to you if you'd prefer. I'd rather you not waste your time with file size issues and focus on more important things if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I'll test these as soon as I get home. I think the max file size is 1,600 kb, everything under seems to work fine.

Edit: I think I can manage to resize the files myself and pm them to you if you'd prefer. I'd rather you not waste your time with file size issues and focus on more important things if you know what I mean.
That would be great if you could, I'd include them as a filesize safe option in the download.
Dr. Mario looks like this in game
Great job, he is looking much better. What's going on with his pant seam, though? It looks like I see two seams there.

Last edited:

TEMVSL

Smash Apprentice
That would be great if you could, I'd include them as a filesize safe option in the download.

Great job, he is looking much better. What's going on with his pant seam, though? It looks like I see two seams there.
The seam is based of the project M texture, im trying to make Dr. Mario more different than mario (you can already see it in the shoes)

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Dr. Mario looks like this in game
3 things I'm noticing:
- Dr. Mario's facial hair and eyebrows are entirely different colors from regular Mario's. Mustache almost looks pitch-black.
- Texture for his front-pockets on the bottom of his jacket still look a bit "Brawl-like."
-Some of the white, like his undershirt and the top of his jacket, seems a bit too bright. It could be the lighting, but it might look better if you tone down the brightness like what was done for the Smash 3 Wii ROB. Regular Mario's white glove exposed to the same lighting compared to the Doc's undershirt might be a decent comparison.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Uh a few things.

You don't happen to have a render of Pit on you? I need to improve the one I already did:

(the white spots are remnants of the background that I couldn't get rid of without making the original render look incomplete in terms of detail)

But in the mean time I did a few more out of boredom:

And yes the official name for now (for the CSS Icons I make) is Smash 3 Rainbow Remix.

(Also those CSS icons of yours can still look good when re-sized if Dolphin can't play nice: First re-size them to 20% of their original size in the best quality possible, then re-size the new image by 133% [100% being just the current size] it'll turn out to be the original 80x56 size that brawl uses)

Last edited:
Top Bottom