• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Do you have larger images of the model, or are you just recoloring the csps? It looks like you're resizing the in game portraits and making them larger than they need to be. If you don't have larger images, you can render them in blender, or if your computer's not good enough, recolor larger renders. I can help make your banners look better if you want, I have photoshop. I don't have the resources to render, but if no one renders your models, I can make edits of existing renders if needed.
No, I've been recoloring the CSPs and my computer can't use blender because it's super slow and I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me make the banners better! ^-^

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I made a thing based off of SylveonGives's costume:

I wanted to make Darkspine look more like he does in the game, so I messed around in Brawlbox and learned a few new things. The main changes are the bracelets from Smash 3 BrawlBlue, vertexed shoes to be more rounded, vertexed shadow shoe rings replacing cloth, modified materials to give gloves and shoes fur, and modified materials to make shoe rings look like the bracelets. Most Smash 3 costumes have consistent models with only texture edits, so should I release this? Or should I make one with material edits only?

EDIT:
Here's a recolor of the Ryu Lucario Render:

Last edited:

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman

I wanted to make Darkspine look more like he does in the game, so I messed around in Brawlbox and learned a few new things. The main changes are the bracelets from Smash 3 BrawlBlue, vertexed shoes to be more rounded, vertexed shadow shoe rings replacing cloth, modified materials to give gloves and shoes fur, and modified materials to make shoe rings look like the bracelets. Most Smash 3 costumes have consistent models with only texture edits, so should I release this? Or should I make one with material edits only?

EDIT:
Oh. My. God. These look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're amazing!!!!!!

Juken

Smash Ace

EDIT:
The headband on the Lucario render still has some red on the edges. It may or may not be more noticeable when downsized.

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
The headband on the Lucario render still has some red on the edges. It may or may not be more noticeable when downsized.
I know, it's something I made fairly quick that's going to be used for the banner. I can easily touch up the headband if needed, just wanted to show it.

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
I added some things to the OP!

TheLazyVidya's Kirby is just so nice that I decided to add it until Smash 3's update comes out.

I wasn't sure what to do with characters without a PM or Brawl moveset for a while, let alone those outside of the Smash universe, but I decided to add them into a separate section in the OP, starting with @ 123123sora 123123sora 's Yuna. I'm not sure if I want to keep it the way I did it or not.
Ooh, the banner looks nice! Thanks for tagging me

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Quick question. If I want to use everything in the OP, do I need to use Cbliss to make a custom GCT? Or is there a compiled pack with everything in it that I somehow missed?

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace

EDIT:
OOOH! OOOH! ME WANT TO LEARN HOW TO VERTEX OR IMPORT OR WHATEVER LIKE YOU DID TO DARKSPINE! I really wanna learn.

Last edited:

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Here is Darkspine:

Images
OOOH! OOOH! ME WANT TO LEARN HOW TO VERTEX OR IMPORT OR WHATEVER LIKE YOU DID TO DARKSPINE! I really wanna learn.
Go into Brawlbox, open the .pac file, expand Model Data, right-click Fit[Character]XX.mdl0, Preview, and click "Vertex" in the top bar. Select an object in the left sidebar, and have fun.

Last edited:

Ardusk

Smash Rookie
I went ahead and made a Smash 3C texture for Bluebreon's Mirror Shield Toon Link.

I used the rimlit model done by Crixler in the status list. I also threw together a quick CSP using brawlbox.

The Shield border color matches the Master Sword and the Triforce on the shield was recolored to match the constant gold color on the rest of the model. I also darkened the color on the back of the shield because it was originally brighter than the mirror on the front. It's not perfect, but I think it looks alright.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4o9gw9bpwzpt1rs/Smash3C Mirror Shield.zip?dl=0

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I take it your new avatar is foreshadowing the completion of something?
That was the render I made. I tried to get it as close to the Smash 3 Pose as possible, but with the new update coming soon, it's likely that a new pose will come, so we're sticking with the project M pose. It's looking a lot better than when I considered it finished.

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Is there an easy way to making CSPs? I've tried using blender and brawlbox but I don't understand how to use blender and brawlbox doesn't show how they look in game and the lighting is bad

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Is there an easy way to making CSPs? I've tried using blender and brawlbox but I don't understand how to use blender and brawlbox doesn't show how they look in game and the lighting is bad
Either use BrawlBox .76 for decent results, or use the Blender tutorial in the OP. The tutorial is basic but should be enough to get you started. If you need help with specifics in setting something up, you can ask here.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Blender is your best bet, to be honest. It might take a while to get the basics down but you'll be making some sweet renders when you do. You can really use just about any 3D modeling software, but apparently Blender is the easiest.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Here's the difference between Brawl Box and Blender for rendering-
Brawl Box on the left and Blender on the right. Even without all the textures applied, the Blender version looks much better. (That wasn't my intention though, I forgot to apply the textures and went "screw it, it looks better still")

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Here's the difference between Brawl Box and Blender for rendering-
Brawl Box on the left and Blender on the right. Even without all the textures applied, the Blender version looks much better. (That wasn't my intention though, I forgot to apply the textures and went "screw it, it looks better still")
*Sees render*
<.<
>.>
Sorry for taking so long to get that rimlight pack out, I've been volunteering lately and haven't found the time/gusto to finish. Plus I'm contemplating whether or not to use the recently imported SMASH 4 LUCINA Model (that goes over Marth, which means it may work with the Lucina PSA) instead of the current one on the Vault. It doesn't help that Ridley is also getting a proper "meta" outfit and that goes for all the other extra "meta" recolors as well. T_T

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
*Sees render*
<.<
>.>
Sorry for taking so long to get that rimlight pack out, I've been volunteering lately and haven't found the time/gusto to finish. Plus I'm contemplating whether or not to use the recently imported SMASH 4 LUCINA Model (that goes over Marth, which means it may work with the Lucina PSA) instead of the current one on the Vault. It doesn't help that Ridley is also getting a proper "meta" outfit and that goes for all the other extra "meta" recolors as well. T_T
That's not Smash 3 Styled, it's a Melee Remastered Young Link I made. For the longest time I've been using the Melee Remastered textures, and I made this in hopes that Project M+ got updated to 3.5. But no one figured it out and we got 3.6b

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
I've been working on stocks too-
http://imgur.com/a/XoXXz
Hello there! How's it going. I have seen your stock images and those stock images are fantastic however I noticed you didn't create one for Project M hat Pikachu. I decided to.

Also modified your stock image to create Stock Image for Smash 3 Pikachu with Male Hoenn hat.

In addition here is Fox Wolf.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I already showed one of the Pikachu renders, so I figure I should show how he looks in-game. The Smash 3 team is expected to be doing a new model for Pikachu, so some of us have been working on updating vBrawl Pikachu's look to match the newer art goals. Even better, Pikachu had enough filespace room that we've been able to squeeze high-res textures onto him! Here is one of the new alts:

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
I already showed one of the Pikachu renders, so I figure I should show how he looks in-game. The Smash 3 team is expected to be doing a new model for Pikachu, so some of us have been working on updating vBrawl Pikachu's look to match the newer art goals. Even better, Pikachu had enough filespace room that we've been able to squeeze high-res textures onto him! Here is one of the new alts:

Very lovely model. Only gripe I have is that the costume is the one from Smash 4.. But that's okay..

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Very lovely model. Only gripe I have is that the costume is the one from Smash 4.. But that's okay..
I've got to agree with you, I've never liked the idea of bringing Smash 4 to Brawl. The Smash 3 and 3C projects seem to be the only good ones, and they're not attempts at backporting the game, it's just the graphics style. Just look at this horrendus jumble of Smash 4 Brawl- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8pR0uL6quw

Last edited:
Top Bottom