• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Very lovely model. Only gripe I have is that the costume is the one from Smash 4.. But that's okay..
Oh don't worry about that man, Bizzozeron's Focus Band outfit is one of our extra few to squeeze the number up to ten.. it's not like we are forgetting about the PM hats...

We had to kidnap a guy just to get this hat after all!

Heck we are just going to go all the hats... you might as well call this TF2 Pikachu!

TEMVSL

Smash Apprentice
Finished rendering Dr. Mario
Edit: Almost Finished

Last edited:

TEMVSL

Smash Apprentice
I will release Dr. Mario with only 1 color(FitMario07), and i will be updating it adding new csp, new recolors etc. Probably tomorrow or
in a few hours
EDIT:

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
It looks good, but I would suggest that, in the future, you should wait until you are finished with all of the costumes. There is no need to hurry out a release, and people do not want to download something multiple times. Try not to double and triple post, too.

Once you're finished with all of the costumes, I can add it to the OP (at least until the Smash 3 update comes).

Last edited:

TEMVSL

Smash Apprentice
It looks good, but I would suggest that, in the future, you should wait until you are finished with all of the costumes. There is no need to hurry out a release, and people do not want to download something multiple times. Try not to double and triple post, too.

Once you're finished with all of the costumes, I can add it to the OP (at least until the Smash 3 update comes).
Actually i have 2 costumes finished, i will update with all the costumes, CSPs etc. tomorrow (still 11 p.m. here)

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I've been working on a new Smash 3C costume lately, more just to practice vertexing and learning what I can do in Brawlbox, but I've hit a roadblock. I've imported an object from another model, but it has other parts attached to it that I don't want. I could easily hide them inside the existing parts, but I'd like to remove them altogether as a better solution. I've tried deleting the vertices in Brawlbox, and I got polygon vomit instead, so if anyone would like to help, let me know.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
hey TEMVSL I really ike your S3C doc, I like all the work you did on his coat and everything else but I didn't like what you did with his stereoscope, since for me it didn't looked from SmashU so I revamped some textures; do whatever you want with them (I used mach5mike old doctor mario work)

I would suggest to you for the upcoming recolors to use colored doc capes like it happened in PM3.5; PM3.6 killed cape color due to an overlook to the guys who fixed his model

you need to use 3dsmax and mess with the model and cut the parts that you don't want to have ,then port and rig the object over the model you want to. Quickporting stuff in brawlbox doesn't allways work, if you want some advice or help just reply there we might be able to help you with your project!

Last edited:

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
you need to use 3dsmax and port rig the object over a brawl model, quickporting stuff in brawlbox doesn't allways work, if you want some advice or help just reply there
At the moment, 3dsmax isn't a option for me right now, so I'm just using Brawlbox. To import models, I'm strictly using already rigged objects from models of the same character, so there's no rigging issues (hopefully). All I want to do is remove some polygons from an object, which, to my knowledge, cannot be done within Brawlbox. I could simply hide them, like I stated before, but I feel like that would be lazy, as there's limits and I don't want the model to lag, or look sloppy. If it would be possible for someone to remove the unwanted parts, it would be greatly appreciated.

TEMVSL

Smash Apprentice
hey TEMVSL I really ike your S3C doc, I like all the work you did on his coat and everything else but I didn't like what you did with his stereoscope, since for me it didn't looked from SmashU so I revamped some textures; do whatever you want with them (I used mach5mike old doctor mario work)

I would suggest to you for the upcoming recolors to use colored doc capes like it happened in PM3.5; PM3.6 killed cape color due to an overlook to the guys who fixed his model
Thanks man, actually i was thinking the same but i wasn't sure
EDIT: Finished Dr. Mario, All costumes, CSPs, BP, etc. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Thanks man, actually i was thinking the same but i wasn't sure
EDIT: Finished Dr. Mario, All costumes, CSPs, BP, etc. Enjoy!
hey I think this alt is a really a quality one and it could go potentially in the OP but I see flaws in this; his .pac and .pcs aren't t-posed, the default costume unlike the other ones isn't using the black headstrap, some textures are too white, they could be balanced in tones and saturations and mario CSPs aren't proper renders, they look like recolored CSPs. Fix those flaws and it will be perfect. If you need help with renders just PM me

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Happy Pi Day! I'm only a few months off but we can celebrate it with two characters whose name start with Pi at least. Actually, I'm an idiot and I don't know what I'm talking about.

We have been showing off Pikachu so this is no surprise. But surprise anyway! The Smash 3 team is expected to release a new model for Pikachu, so we brought the Brawl model up to date! He comes in with a total of 11 costumes for you to use! Take a look at all of them! Here is one of my favorites:

Even better, there was enough filesize space on Pikachu to boost his textures way up to a high resolution! For some of the costumes, this meant reducing the quality of his yellow eyes, but we thought it was a fair tradeoff. Take a look!

Pit flies in gloriously with new style. He has his PM colors (default and black), as well as new team color options. The change to his eyebrows is one that some people may have a problem with, but we felt that they fit his face better.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Those are amazing. I can't believe I hadn't seen a Pikachu model with the bandana from Mystery Dungeon before now. It's such a good idea. I might actually use Pit now, too.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Trying out a new style for my CSS icons by using shadows:
brawl pikachu.png
pit.png
random.png

What do you think?

And yes, today's update totally AWESOME M8!

Last edited:

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
So, this is what I've been working on:
Scourge the Hedgehog

This is my progress so far. It's almost done for the most part, but some things need some work still. I need to work on the jacket so there's less clipping and the textures line up. The silver tops on the shoes need to be replaced with a ring, and I may need assistance in importing the shoe buttons because I keep getting errors. I need to touch up some textures, too. Extra object parts aren't that much of an issue anymore, I only have unused gloves that are hidden now.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Trying out a new style for my CSS icons by using shadows:View attachment 63331 View attachment 63332 View attachment 63333

What do you think?

I love the shading icons. I am a little concerned about how it might turn out on Wii, but looking at the Project M CSS, I think the shading would look excellent.

OOOO, this update is hype! I really wish I could use those Pit Team friendly recolors. Also, YAY! PIKACHU update! I had no idea that the Smash 3 team was going to use a new model, which makes me even more excited! Hopefully, I don't have to choose between these costumes and the Smash 3 ones.

Last edited:

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I love you.
Thanks. I've always used KTH's model for Sonic's green costume, but now it stands out from the Smash 3 ones, so now that I know how to vertex and import, I wanted to make one that matched.
Trying out a new style for my CSS icons by using shadows:View attachment 63331 View attachment 63332 View attachment 63333

What do you think?

They look great! Like NinfanNanz said, it may not look good on the Wii, but with Dolphin, it'd look very good!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I am with these comments about the CSS icons. Do what you wanna do, ultimately.

I'm not much of a modder myself but I really do like this project so I'm trying to get into rimlighting. I just did one model (a particularly hard one if the number of shaders tells me anything) and am feeling confident, so if you have any models you'd like to have rimlit for a future 3C work, PM me for requests. It may take me a few days because I won't be home all day tomorrow and I have a job, but it'll happen.

EDIT: On another note, I must be a masochist because it's surprisingly calming for me to work on these.

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Scourge the Hedgehog
I'm not a fan of any of the Archie comic characters at all.

That said, this looks incredible. If there's any character I would like out of the Archie characters, of course it'd be Scourge, and this model does him some justice. Really good work.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Fantastic. Looks like high quality versions of the 3DS CSS icons.
I am with these comments about the CSS icons. Do what you wanna do, ultimately.

I'm not much of a modder myself but I really do like this project so I'm trying to get into rimlighting. I just did one model (a particularly hard one if the number of shaders tells me anything) and am feeling confident, so if you have any models you'd like to have rimlit for a future 3C work, PM me for requests. It may take me a few days because I won't be home all day tomorrow and I have a job, but it'll happen.

EDIT: On another note, I must be a masochist because it's surprisingly calming for me to work on these.
Thanks. I've always used KTH's model for Sonic's green costume, but now it stands out from the Smash 3 ones, so now that I know how to vertex and import, I wanted to make one that matched.

They look great! Like NinfanNanz said, it may not look good on the Wii, but with Dolphin, it'd look very good!
I love the shading icons. I am a little concerned about how it might turn out on Wii, but looking at the Project M CSS, I think the shading would look excellent.

OOOO, this update is hype! I really wish I could use those Pit Team friendly recolors. Also, YAY! PIKACHU update! I had no idea that the Smash 3 team was going to use a new model, which makes me even more excited! Hopefully, I don't have to choose between these costumes and the Smash 3 ones.
That's why I coined this set of CSS Icons "Project HD". I will get around to doing this for all official Smash 3 Characters and their Brawl counterparts found on this thread.

Also thank you for the critques, after helping with classic pit in the early stages (making the old banner for Classic Pit, then at the time "Retro Pit") the idea to have a shadow in the css icons came to me.
The recent Doctor Mario release on this thread was the first one to be used with this new method:
brawl dr. mario.png

And then the rest was history...

And for those curious
progress.png

Last edited:

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
That's why I coined this set of CSS Icons "Project HD". I will get around to doing this for all official Smash 3 Characters and their Brawl counterparts found on this thread.

Also thank you for the critques, after helping with classic pit in the early stages (making the old banner for Classic Pit, then at the time "Retro Pit") the idea to have a shadow in the css icons came to me.
The recent Doctor Mario release on this thread was the first one to be used with this new method:
View attachment 63380
And then the rest was history...

And for those curious
View attachment 63383
That looks incredible! Is the second image your current progress or just a preview? I will get it the second it comes out.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
That looks incredible! Is the second image your current progress or just a preview? I will get it the second it comes out.
Progress of all currently completely done Smash 3 releases (note the lack of Mario and co., I only did what was on this thread and what was completely finished, i.e. no updating needed, of the Smash 3 project).

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
Progress of all currently completely done Smash 3 releases (note the lack of Mario and co., I only did what was on this thread and what was completely finished, i.e. no updating needed, of the Smash 3 project).
So you're waiting until the Smash 3 project is finished to finish your CSS? I am a little confused...

Last edited:

Pantsface16

Smash Rookie
I'm having problems with vBrawl Pikachu. It's freezing after a stage is selected on vBrawl. I am using cBliss but I don't see why that would be a problem, it worked just fine with Smash 3 Pikachu. Any word on this?

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Scourge the Hedgehog

This is my progress so far. It's almost done for the most part, but some things need some work still. I need to work on the jacket so there's less clipping and the textures line up. The silver tops on the shoes need to be replaced with a ring, and I may need assistance in importing the shoe buttons because I keep getting errors. I need to touch up some textures, too. Extra object parts aren't that much of an issue anymore, I only have unused gloves that are hidden now.
I remember using that and considering making a Smash 3 skin for it, but it had a model error on the top of its head between its ears and spikes that made me just not want to use it. Is that the same model and still there?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Scourge the Hedgehog

As cheesy as Scourge the Hedgehog is, this is looking pretty good. How large is the shoe texture? It'd be nice if you could make it sharper.

Will there eventually be alt pose CSPs for Dedede and Pikachu?
I'm not sure if you actually meant to say Pikachu, but I personally try to make all of the alts that seem like costume swaps (like Lucario or Dedede) match the Smash 3 pose, and I'm typically not going to be making any alternate poses for them. Characters like Mr. L or Ice Climbers should be getting new renders once Smash 3 updates them.

I'm having problems with vBrawl Pikachu. It's freezing after a stage is selected on vBrawl. I am using cBliss but I don't see why that would be a problem, it worked just fine with Smash 3 Pikachu. Any word on this?
Hm, well we did push the filesize a lot on him with the resolution increase, but I never tested it on vBrawl. I would have thought that his PM moveset would have been larger, if anything, but I guess not. Is it all costumes, or just certain ones that you tried? I can downsize the textures so that it won't crash, though.

Last edited:

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I remember using that and considering making a Smash 3 skin for it, but it had a model error on the top of its head between its ears and spikes that made me just not want to use it. Is that the same model and still there?
Currently, only the jacket, shoes, and arms are imported from a newer version made by SplitPersonalities, which has a fixed jacket. The only thing new on the head is the Smash 3 Jet Set glasses, since they are infinitely better than the other glasses. So, no error, and even if there was, I can just hide it. Also, what kind of error was it? Just pieces of model jutting out?

Top Bottom