• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taiko

Smash Ace
but was it literally just one person who offered to help?
Yes.
A few people in Smash 3C offered help as well, but they didn't really have the knowledge for what we need done.

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
06/Brawl/Storybook Series/Riders/Adventure Sonics look bad as hell.
The only decent looking Sonics are the ones from Smash 4/Sonic Heroes/Colours/Generations/Free Riders/Lost World/Runners/Dash (And Sonic Boom)

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
06/Brawl/Storybook Series/Riders/Adventure Sonics look bad as hell.
The only decent looking Sonics are the ones from Smash 4/Sonic Heroes/Colours/Generations/Free Riders/Lost World/Runners/Dash (And Sonic Boom)
it doesn't matter

Cahalan

Smash Ace
now what happens
We wait. We will wait until the end of time. We will wait until January 21st just so the Smash 3 Team can release a Smash 64 anniversary group render of the Original 12. We will wait until we all have great-great grandchildren just to get the Smash 3 update. It will come... hopefully before December 31st midnight.

Obskore

Smash Ace
We wait. We will wait until the end of time. We will wait until January 21st just so the Smash 3 Team can release a Smash 64 anniversary group render of the Original 12. We will wait until we all have great-great grandchildren just to get the Smash 3 update. It will come... hopefully before December 31st midnight.
hey thanks! but i was just referencing Sonic's theme from Sonic Adventure 2

Cahalan

Smash Ace
hey thanks! but i was just referencing Sonic's theme from Sonic Adventure 2
*facepalm* I.. never actually played Adventure 2. :(
I hear it has it's own problems (at least you don't have to fish in that game...), but it still has its good parts.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Ya'll wanna take this to a General Discussion thread or something?
Sorry about that.... I just didn't get the reference apparently. :p

Back to waiting for an eternity then...

Edit: In all seriousness, take as long as you need on Smash 3, a rushed product would just be a slap in the to all the hard work put in so far. Even with all of the new help you guys got, there's alot to do: especially when it comes to the more Realistic characters like ZSS, Diddy Kong, and The Fire Emblem characters. Smash 3C was able to get Brawl Marth and Ike working/looking great, but I hear that you people want to use more recent version of them in terms of design. So I wish you all the best of luck in these coming months. At the very least try to release a "catch-up" update for all the characters in the OP so far as a "filler update" until everyone else is done in the new standard.

One last thing: What characters are the Smash 3 team having artist's block about? It seems that the more easier to adapt characters have been released first and all the realistic ones were saved for last.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
So I hope this question hasn't been asked ten times before, I tried searching for it a few times in this thread to no avail, but what part of Smash 3 isn't compatible with Project M, and why?

And Meta Knight's sword doesn't appear to have been changed, am I correct?

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
So I hope this question hasn't been asked ten times before, I tried searching for it a few times in this thread to no avail, but what part of Smash 3 isn't compatible with Project M, and why?

Have no idea. Barely play pm unless I'm testing something.

I'm pretty sure its been changed. I could be wrong, I didnt work on him.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Mario, Link, and Yoshi I know for certain have issues but I remember someone posting some temporary fixes for them.

Juken

Smash Ace

Mario has issues because of his cape being outdated. Link has issues because he doesn't have the Ocarina. Yoshi I think is because of some update they did to his eggs. Peach lacks her pink-gold texture for when she picks up a metal box (S3 team said they're keeping it that way for "conscistency," although pgp is Peach's metal form). Pikachu lacks the new alt costume with the backwards red cap, but the Smash 3C thread has an updated version of Smash 3 Brawl Pikachu.

Every character who has a sword trail (Marth, Roy, Link, and Pit) has to be manually updated by taking the textures out of the old FitCharacter.pac and putting it into the 3.6 one for those charcters so that they have the sword trails with the moveset of PM 3.6. I think Roy also needs some new trigger thing for his Smash 3 sword trails to fully work, but I don't know about it at all. Meta-Knight got a new sword trail in PM 3.6 for his concept "butterfly" alt costume, however he doesn't have custom sword trails for Smash 3, so you just need to drop the recolors in there.
PS: I hope that Smash 3 team gives Meta Knight a sword trail for when he does his neutral-b. It's still orange like Brawl Pit's attacks, and you guys changed that.

Any other character seems to works fine unless I've forgotten someone, although I would advise using the PM model Mewtwo that's found in the Smash 3C thread as he has updated textures and also doesn't have the awkwardly rigged thighs that people had problems with.

Smash 3C thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smash-3c-project-pm-alternate-costumes-more.383581/
This has Smash 3-ified versions of many of the alt costumes that the Smash 3 pack doesn't include, but are a part of PM, including the Sonic alts with new shoes (normal Smash 3 pack has the same alts, but they're just basic recolors). It also has Smash 3 Brawl Samus.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
But the vBrawl pack is stable! You can use smash 3 for vBrawl indefinitely without any risks of updates that renders the pack unstable, have a blast with the classic mechanics with a refreshed model and texture work that will bring fun for the whole family... and friends...and yourself...

who am I kidding.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
But the vBrawl pack is stable! You can use smash 3 for vBrawl indefinitely without any risks of updates that renders the pack unstable, have a blast with the classic mechanics with a refreshed model and texture work that will bring fun for the whole family... and friends...and yourself...

who am I kidding.
Once the pack is finished, I'll probably still spend more time modding the game than actually playing it.

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
Dat Ain't Falco
Red
Green
Blue
Black
Light Blue
Purple
Orange
Pink
Dark Blue

King Dedede
Blue
Green
Gray / Gameboy
Purple
Pink
Light Blue
Black

Last edited:

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
while those look nice, i'd say that it'd be better to change Falco's feather colors for the stock icons, similar to Melee's. the headpiece would be hard to pinpoint during normal gameplay. although there would be the BP right next to it so it wouldn't be TOO bad.

also, i'm confused about the whole situation with this pack and going through the past few pages isn't giving me a good idea (and going through 100+ pages is silly)

i'm hearing stuff about a new art style, ike being updated, but 3C doing some stuff that 3 isn't, gonna finish the roster and call it quits, that sort of stuff. can someone tl;dr me about what's being done and what isn't?

i'm having a hard time following what is being updated, if anything, and what is already updated. i can get a general idea (it seems newer ones have previews) but some of them seem out of line (Sheik looks closer to the old art style than the new one, but she has previews).

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
while those look nice, i'd say that it'd be better to change Falco's feather colors for the stock icons, similar to Melee's. the headpiece would be hard to pinpoint during normal gameplay. although there would be the BP right next to it so it wouldn't be TOO bad.

also, i'm confused about the whole situation with this pack and going through the past few pages isn't giving me a good idea (and going through 100+ pages is silly)

i'm hearing stuff about a new art style, ike being updated, but 3C doing some stuff that 3 isn't, gonna finish the roster and call it quits, that sort of stuff. can someone tl;dr me about what's being done and what isn't?

i'm having a hard time following what is being updated, if anything, and what is already updated. i can get a general idea (it seems newer ones have previews) but some of them seem out of line (Sheik looks closer to the old art style than the new one, but she has previews).
It's being updated with a better looking art-style than what it originally had (see the very old link skin on the front page compared to someone like Falco or Sonic). A bunch of characters are getting texture updates too like Wario and Sheik. From what I've read here, it's also going to have stock icons too, so I don't know if NFMLH2 is doing those stocks or if his work is redundant.

A few months back, they said to me that they'd estimate the pack as 75% complete. Dunno about now as I'm not actually part of the team, just lurk the thread thoroughly.

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
so are Wario and Sheik already updated, or are they a WIP? i can't really tell with the latter.

good to see Link is an old one though, i figured it was (along with Marth) and it helps me pinpoint a bit.

Juken

Smash Ace
so are Wario and Sheik already updated, or are they a WIP? i can't really tell with the latter.

good to see Link is an old one though, i figured it was (along with Marth) and it helps me pinpoint a bit.
Like I said, I'm not on the team, those were the only 2 where I had personally asked in the thread or pointed out a visual bug where I got a response saying if they'll be updated.

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice

Blue
Dark Blue
Green
Light Blue
Orange
Pink
Purple
Red
Black

I might just add a piece of his outfit into the stock..

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace

Pretty much everything is being updated in one way or another. I'm actually having a hard time thinking of stuff that wasn't updated in the update. Some characters have subtle changes while others have more major changes.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Pretty much everything is being updated in one way or another. I'm actually having a hard time thinking of stuff that wasn't updated in the update. Some characters have subtle changes while others have more major changes.
Would Project M compatible thingies (such as Yoshi, Mario, and Peach) be one of those changes?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
IIRC Snake and Brawl Samus were the only ones so far to be given to Smash 3C. Brawl Marth/Ike were updated in the new style on the S3C thread for those who grew attached to their looks. I also think Pit is getting some revamps too. Everyone else is essentially getting polished if they were already in the OP on the first page. And everyone else not in the OP is getting done in the new style.

Juken

Smash Ace
IIRC Snake and Brawl Samus were the only ones so far to be given to Smash 3C. Brawl Marth/Ike were updated in the new style on the S3C thread for those who grew attached to their looks. I also think Pit is getting some revamps too. Everyone else is essentially getting polished if they were already in the OP on the first page. And everyone else not in the OP is getting done in the new style.
Brawl Pikachu is also in Smash 3C, so Pikachu will probably be changed as well.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Brawl Pikachu is also in Smash 3C, so Pikachu will probably be changed as well.
Whoops, forgot about that one. Thanks for reminding me! :) And now we wait... for beauty.
Edit: I have a weird sense that "expand dong" will be teased at some point.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Whoops, forgot about that one. Thanks for reminding me! :) And now we wait... for beauty.
Edit: I have a weird sense that "expand dong" will be teased at some point.
Pretty sure we already showed DK off. So... no? Maybe?

Top Bottom