• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JFyst

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-1491-9293
so im kinda confused non of these models work on pm? cause i really want that boom sonic

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
no, there is just no current build by the smash 3 team that works with Project M. you have to manually put in all the skins.

JFyst

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-1491-9293
but the skins work, like if i put sonic boom sonic in, he works?

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Smash 4 Mewtwo has been ported to Brawl / P:M and I'm trying wrap my head around the difference between it and Smash 3's Mewtwo.

From what I've seen, the Smash 4 model doesn't really have the thunder-thighs (lol) like the current Smash 3 Mewtwo. Will Mewtwo get another update once 2016 hits?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Smash 4 Mewtwo has been ported to Brawl / P:M and I'm trying wrap my head around the difference between it and Smash 3's Mewtwo.

From what I've seen, the Smash 4 model doesn't really have the thunder-thighs (lol) like the current Smash 3 Mewtwo. Will Mewtwo get another update once 2016 hits?

DualX

Smash Apprentice

There's actually a PM version floating around that has the colors without the thighs. That's the one I prefer.

Juken

Smash Ace
Squirtle instead of colour he could have this as alternates:
Should've been what he got over the ninja costume honestly... The goggles would've worked perfectly as a replacement for the sunglasses taunt.

Also, I think Pikachu has that black and blue cap anyway for Smash 3 (or at least the Brawl Smash 3 Pikachu has it).

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
Should've been what he got over the ninja costume honestly... The goggles would've worked perfectly as a replacement for the sunglasses taunt.

Also, I think Pikachu has that black and blue cap anyway for Smash 3 (or at least the Brawl Smash 3 Pikachu has it).
yeah, but the fun thing is that Squirtle would have been a better choice for it (it does still look cute on Pikachu, though), just that it'd be weird to see Squirtle with the swimming goggles and the Squad Shades on at the same time

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
guya this isn't the thread for this discussion. please discuss in the arts and alts thread.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Before anyone wants to say anything else about the new PM ZSS:

Thanks, and take care.

Last edited:

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
I've helped @NFMLH2 with some of his stock icons, and here's what we have so far:

Falco:
Blue
Dark Blue
Green
Black
Orange
Pink
Purple
Red

Olimar:

Wario:

Most of the work was done by him. All I did was fix up some of the shading (particularly on Falco and on Olimar's ear) and tweak some outlines.

Elecrogelion

Smash Rookie
I guess the Smash 3 team has as much time as they need to finish the project now, since PM will never update again. I need time to mourn for the additional content that was waiting for the next release of Project M. RIP PM, you had a fantastic run.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I guess the Smash 3 team has as much time as they need to finish the project now, since PM will never update again. I need time to mourn for the additional content that was waiting for the next release of Project M. RIP PM, you had a fantastic run.
As sad as PM being RIP is, it's oddly comforting for me to know that we won't have to keep updating everything.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Oh man, i don't know if i should be happy because S3P will have no problems with the updates, or be sad because..well PM died.

This is maybe the wildest question anyone has asked you guys lately but:

How likely would you be to release your animation files and scene settings (for 3DSMax or whatever) for your character poses? As someone who uses more than just your default costumes, it appeals to me to be able to create CSPs for my additional alts that match those of the recolors.

It's either that or a massive, never-ending request thread (NO)

Last edited:

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Nah

You're better off making your own poses and rendering them in Blender. 3 point lighting set ups are your friend, and if you've got enough points in wizardry you can cast some sick Max/PS spells to make some good looking stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom