• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Smash 3 Team, there's only one request that I want to make. Since you're doing Doctor Mario, you might as well use this for his Red Team outfit:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Smash 3 Team, there's only one request that I want to make. Since you're doing Doctor Mario, you might as well use this for his Red Team outfit:

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I don't know how to interpret this... so...
ma-
NO
may-
NO
mayb-
NO
maybe?
(At least I tried, an Akira reference would be a nice nod...)
NO
Darn i-
HYES!

I'm done.

Edit: Okay so if Capsules Doc wont work, what about Capsules Captain Fal-
NO

>_<"

Alright then how about a Dio styled Zelda/Sheik (Zelda having a Stardust Crusaders Dio theme [Dark violet with hints of red mixed in and Napoleon Dark Purple] and Sheik sporting the more well known Dio color scheme [Yellow, Green, Hints of Black])?

CANNOT COMPUTE

:V

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Ah, his inability to hold the chaos emerald, how you will always be remembered.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Ah, his inability to hold the chaos emerald, how you will always be remembered.
Maybe he learned a thing or two from Silver... (But lord please prevent sonic from having that "ITS NO USE!" quote)

Also I'm in the process of making a "Samsh 3 CSS", that's built off of Ondo's Out of the Box CSS due to how it's organized and flexible. Its mock-up is in a spoiler tag because it contains 4 unreleased (on this thread at least) renders of characters yet to be updated. However, those four we have been seeing in screen shots, so take that as you will. You have been warned.
0-Typical Fighting Game Standards.png

(Tabuu was added for symmetry, plus most fighting games let you play as the final boss at some point)

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Sonic 06 looks terrible. I have no idea why people like his appearance in that game. His arms and hands are massive.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Sonic 06 looks terrible. I have no idea why people like his appearance in that game. His arms and hands are massive.
His design isn't that good but I like how the shoes look in that game. Specifically the soles. The shoes that he wears when using the Gems would have been a great shoe type to use for recolors too.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Sonic is meant to look...awesome, not boring.
View attachment 71002
I suppose it's a matter of opinion. When I see Sonic in Smash 4 I am reminded of Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations, and Sonic Lost World. I love how he cockily smirks during his animations and the crisp, vibrant blueness of his fur. The way his quills are animated remind me of those high-quality cinematics from the latest Sonic games...

I'm sorry I'm rambling.

I like what the Smash 3 Team did with Sonic for many of the same reasons. I look forward to seeing the rest of the cast and for the full release.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
While Sonic's more recent incarnations have the right shade of blue, Smash just can't seem to get it right, community or not. That aside, he's just too damn lanky. Adventure's conception was spot on, but Brawl did the best job with his glorious golden ass and the proportions.
download.jpg

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Hello all, I have a small update on the current status of the project today.

You may have noticed that recently we haven't been as active as we were in the past. As you all probably know, this project has been going on for much, much longer than originally intended. It's been going on long enough that most of our team just can't dedicate the time that we used to into this project. Coupled with various issues like computer breakdowns and such, we only have maybe two people that can actually work on stuff at this moment, and even then they only have a few hours in the week (if that) to work on project related stuff.

Because of these reasons, we think it's time to ask for your help. We need people who are able to import and rig models, and maybe a little bit of optimization if it's required. Please contact me via PM if you're willing to help!

Thank you for your continued patience, and we hope to get the final product to you all as soon as possible!

SuperSonic1022

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperSonic1022
3DS FC
0361-9444-4760
I have come back to this thread after watching the entirety of seasons 1-3 of Jojo and first of all, I just realized how godly Taiko's profile picture is and that it's FOOKIN DIO BRANDO! But other than that, I can see Smash 3 is indeed still being worked on and I'm glad it is, so keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing it finished! Dio is always watching you.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
To boost up morale, look how far we've come in just doing the original 12 in the new style (with help from Smash 3C).

and for the heck of it, here's the Smash 64 roster w/h some of the cut characters(Bowser, Dedede, & Mewtwo) and Ganondorf:

Out of the Original 12, we only have 5 more characters left to do in the new style!

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
EDIT: Sorry ignore this, accidentally posted. Hate using mobile.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
To boost up morale, look how far we've come in just doing the original 12 in the new style (with help from Smash 3C).

and for the heck of it, here's the Smash 64 roster w/h some of the cut characters(Bowser, Dedede, & Mewtwo) and Ganondorf:

Out of the Original 12, we only have 5 more characters left to do in the new style!
The way that some of the images are stretched vertically makes it look bad. Especially the random button.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
The way that some of the images are stretched vertically makes it look bad. Especially the random button.
Actually, it's not what you think (except for the random button, I was also doing a little design concept if Smash 64 had modern menu design, thus having a central random button was key and stretching on that part was unavoidable). You may think the character icons are stretched, but the original images are actually square (those are downsized from the normal 80x56 shape). It's the frame I used (nicknamed the Etika Special) that gives the illusion of stretching. If you want more mind-bending, check this out below:

(^Tabuu's Render was done by Shin F. Renders not currently released yet, but will be out soon.)
Still think the images are stretched? Compare these two and be blown away:
[/spoiler

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
Actually, it's not what you think (except for the random button, I was also doing a little design concept if Smash 64 had modern menu design, thus having a central random button was key and stretching on that part was unavoidable). You may think the character icons are stretched, but the original images are actually square (those are downsized from the normal 80x56 shape). It's the frame I used (nicknamed the Etika Special) that gives the illusion of stretching. If you want more mind-bending, check this out below:

(^Tabuu's Render was done by Shin F. Renders not currently released yet, but will be out soon.)
Still think the images are stretched? Compare these two and be blown away:
[/spoiler
i think the portraits don't look right, is there a reason you're squeezing them?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
You can't just gloss over that without some sort of explanation.
The border looks like Etika's Logo.
i think the portraits don't look right, is there a reason you're squeezing them?
Just for a different aesthetic, I'm quite bored of the normal rectangular shape of the CSS Icons, so I wanted to do something different. When I first tinkered with the parallelogram shape, I noticed that for each row I could "mirror" the border for a nice effect (like an optical Illusion). Plus after browsing Reddit, I came across a post that suggested a better layout for the CSS that was more organized. While I do not yet know how to rearrange the css Icons without the CSS manager (doesn't work with Ondo's Out Of the Box CSS), I wanted to at least make it easier for people to find their main.

Edit: @ Juken Juken I made the random icon better! :)

Looks better doesn't it?

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace

Just for a different aesthetic, I'm quite bored of the normal rectangular shape of the CSS Icons, so I wanted to do something different. When I first tinkered with the parallelogram shape, I noticed that for each row I could "mirror" the border for a nice effect (like an optical Illusion). Plus after browsing Reddit, I came across a post that suggested a better layout for the CSS that was more organized. While I do not yet know how to rearrange the css Icons without the CSS manager (doesn't work with Ondo's Out Of the Box CSS), I wanted to at least make it easier for people to find their main.

Looks better doesn't it?
that's not what i meant lol, but as for why you're flattening the characters' portraits from the sides, or stretching them vertically, whatever (jiggs and kirby should look like a circle, but they now look like an oval, for example)

Cahalan

Smash Ace
that's not what i meant lol, but as for why you're flattening the characters' portraits from the sides, or stretching them vertically, whatever (jiggs and kirby should look like a circle, but they now look like an oval, for example)
The kicker is, from your perspective, you're both right AND wrong at the same time. Your eyes assume that Jiggs and Kirby looked deformed in the "Etika" borders, but original images are in-fact square 46x46 portraits centered in a 64x64 transparent canvas. And having the rows alternate in border orientation (slant to the right, slant to the left, repeat) makes it easier to distinguish characters located in that row compared to the rows above/below them. Not to mention when you have an ensemble of alternating icons, you have another optical illusion being formed; just look at my post on this page that's below Juken and look in the spoiler if you're ready to be spoiled.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Man, I never realized how important CSP talk was for Smash3.
Especially considering we have nothing to do with it.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Man, I never realized how important CSP talk was for Smash3.
Especially considering we have nothing to do with it.
Yeah, sorry for derailing the thread for a bit...

But hey, renders are only half the fun of Smash 3... right?

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
so did you guys end up finding people to help you?

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Well, to the people who joined the smash 3 team, Thank you for aiding them and helping to complete this project. Thank you for taking time out of your lives to complete this project so that the fans may enjoy it. And for the people still on the team thank you for your continued work and dedication to this project. I am super glad that I get to see this project completed! I can't wait to see what comes out of it.

Juken

Smash Ace

Looks better doesn't it?
I feel like a Hexagon would be a good idea for a shape too
Why yes. Yes they did. ;)
who was it

Last edited:
Top Bottom