• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Question, ar you guya doing extra recolors for the new alts? For like dedede and Ness?

王女 クマトラ

Outta my way, dammit!
NNID
ChieSatonaka
Any way you can make a separate pack that doesn't go over Project M's alts? Like, only the default costumes? (And, pls, make Hilda Zelda one of those if you were to)

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
But the starters come in a trio!

Wait, stocks don't show up like that anywhere!
1. I bet this is who they are working on right now,No wonder why it is taking so long for an update. 2.**************:mad:!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I'm honestly very excited. If you guys managed to apply Ivysaur's, Squirtle's and Charizard's modern proportions like Mewtwo, I'd be so impressed and happy. But I also understand if that's not doable with the way their bones line up together, like Pikachu's.

Diddy Kong's head icon looks almost identical to Tropical Freeze's official artwork, similar to how Ganondorf's pose is nearly identical to Hyrule Warrior's official artwork. Coincidence?

Last edited:

TamDanny

Smash Rookie
NNID
TamDanny
OK. Can someone help me out here? I'm having some serious troubles getting Project M to work with cBliss. It either freezes in the character selection screen (I think I fix that) or randomly freezes in the game. I'd really like to play with these awesome textures with cBliss.
Thanks in advance. :)

SteR ThA KiiD

Smash Cadet
NNID
SteRxThAxKiiD
ok it does work for hackless wiis but i only got the project m smash 3 pack to work. i cant get the brawl version to work please help

Juken

Smash Ace
Will you guys be updating the special trails for characters for PM 3.5? Stuff like the Sonic trail or sword trails is what I'm referring to.

And will you update the Shadow and Silver alt to include the shoe model from the new PM 3.5 alts?

Last edited:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Oh man...now that Project M 3.05 is in, i want more a freaking update.

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Anyone tested out the HUD with 3.5 yet or any problems with the textures so far? I would assume there would be no problems.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I'm trying to trouble shoot real quick so bear with me. Is anyone else running into consistent crashes using the Smash 3 textures with Project M 3.5? Are you also running into weird glitches like being unable to select alt costumes the first time you play a match/hit training mode, then leaving that match/mode and being able to cycle through to the alts before the Wii/Wii U freezes? Do you also have an issue where Pit's grounded up B causes the character to glitch into the air and teleport before doing the entire animation stuck in place some weird distance away?

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
I'm trying to trouble shoot real quick so bear with me. Is anyone else running into consistent crashes using the Smash 3 textures with Project M 3.5? Are you also running into weird glitches like being unable to select alt costumes the first time you play a match/hit training mode, then leaving that match/mode and being able to cycle through to the alts before the Wii/Wii U freezes? Do you also have an issue where Pit's grounded up B causes the character to glitch into the air and teleport before doing the entire animation stuck in place some weird distance away?
Did that happened to you?? mmm i´m afraid to do that...

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Why are some of you using the pack that is not updated to 3.5 yet?

The hud and menu crashes cuz the pack is not updated yet! However the characters are safe for transfer to pm 3.5, but I advice patience...

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
I've tested some textures and I got these results:

-The Smash 3 Link textures crash the game, I know they are because other textures like "Assassin Link,", "Magic armor" and "Zora armor" are working fine.

-Smash 3 Yoshi shows some weird random textures on the eggs he throws (Up B)

-I think also Smash 3 G&W crashes the game, I need to check if I erased his .rel file by mistake when I edited some stage .rel's, last time I had an issue like that, it was because of that.

Those are the issues I've found so far, I haven't tested the HUD yet.

Off Topic: Man, they've nerfed Sonic so much. I'm disappointed.

...I'll have to copy the 3.02 FitSonic and MotionEtc and see if they work fine in 3.5

Last edited:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER

-The Smash 3 Link textures crash the game, I know they are because other textures like "Assassin Link,", "Magic armor" and "Zora armor" are working fine.

-I think also Smash 3 G&W crashes the game, I need to check if I erased his .rel file by mistake when I edited some stage .rel's, last time I had an issue like that, it was because of that.

Those are the issues I've found so far, I haven't tested the HUD yet.

Off Topic: Man, they've nerfed Sonic so much. I'm disappointed.

...I'll have to copy the 3.02 FitSonic and MotionEtc and see if they work fine in 3.5
Please don´t say that!!! I´m like 3 hours putting the textures and the portraits, then you told us that Link crashes the games!!! O gawd i hope it doesn´t crash mines.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Why are some of you using the pack that is not updated to 3.5 yet?

The hud and menu crashes cuz the pack is not updated yet! However the characters are safe for transfer to pm 3.5, but I advice patience...
Link crashes. Everyone else is fine. I'll edit if I see that this was already stated.

Edit: it was stated haha. Thanks for the hard work and take your time! No rush.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
If you're just straight copying the Common5.pac files over to 3.5, it will break the game because there are more costume slots represented in 3.5 than there are in the 3.02 Smash3 files. If you just move each individual over, it will work, but you have to do it manually, piece by piece.

Juken

Smash Ace
I wouldn't recommend using any of the Smash 3 packs until we get word from the creators that it's compatible with 3.5. I manually only took out the sword trail and spin-dash textures then put them into the characters' Fit(Name) files by myself.

I'm personally not going to use the whole thing until the rest of the characters are done for consistency. I'd use the Sonic one now because normal Brawl Sonic is fugly, but I love his new shadow and silver alt shoes too much to get rid of them for the Smash 3 reskins.

Last edited:

kazan

Smash Apprentice
hmm..I think the reason for Link crashing in 3.5 is due to him having an additional ocarina model. I'm not 100% sure this is the reason though, so please correct me if I'm wrong. ;)
Also yea, don't use the smash 3 pack right now. It's missing many elements that 3.5 currently has.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
hmm..I think the reason for Link crashing in 3.5 is due to him having an additional ocarina model. I'm not 100% sure this is the reason though, so please correct me if I'm wrong. ;)
Also yea, don't use the smash 3 pack right now. It's missing many elements that 3.5 currently has.
You probably are haha I only used slot 00 link and it crashed. I inserted everything manually.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
If you're just straight copying the Common5.pac files over to 3.5, it will break the game because there are more costume slots represented in 3.5 than there are in the 3.02 Smash3 files. If you just move each individual over, it will work, but you have to do it manually, piece by piece.
Ohhh, now I see. Sounds rough though...

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Smash 3 ups the ante on the textures (as it's very easy to see)

Link is one of those characters that have very little file space left after the texture changes.

You can change the compression of the textures and see if P:M will play friendly with the new textures. But I'm not too sure about that.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Thanks for the bug reports guys, we'll try to fix it all as soon as we can. I've been busy so I haven't even been able to even download 3.5 yet, so it may be a bit longer.

Link we knew had a crazy filesize, it's due to his textures using an absurd compression. We already fixed it for his update, but we didn't expect that they'd add his Ocarina of all things! You can either wait for us to update it, or you can recompress some of the textures to CMPR.

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Just checked, the ocarina is in the FitLink.pac file so it's not the ocarina's fault for crashes.
EDIT: Also, can we have flint team colors for the PJs?

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

- I think yoshi's model way of loading textures changed.
- G&W has extra color slot now, something our 3.02 did not had.

Last edited:

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
Yeah, you're right, I forgot that little detail xD I'll delete the files, then.

So that means that also the 3.02 FitSonic.pac would crash the game if put in 3.5? right? If I only want his old moveset, will it crash too if I only copy the MotionEtc file?

cmart

Smash Lord
Correct. Also, Mario's files changed in a similar manner to Yoshi's. In addition to Link, I would test pokes and Samus/Zamus since they had additions but were close to filesize cap. IIRC character RAM allowance was slightly reduced from 3.02 to allow SSE to work as well, so I wouldn't make any assumptions.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
It seems that the texture list beneath the shadow model is the cape texture.

Top Bottom