• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
On a Smash 3 note, I'm about to put all the skins back on my sd, but before I do,
Does anyone know which characters other than Link are incompatible with PM 3.5 right now?
Like Shun said, Mario and Yoshi have issues, they are fully playable, but if you don't mind seeing weird graphics on eggs (only the throwable ones, not the shielding) and cape, then you can add both without concerns, if you want Smash 3 sword traces for Link, Marth, Roy, Ike and Pit, you must extract the textures from those Fit.pac's and replace the pictures in their respective PM3.5 Fit.pac's using Brawlbox.

BTW: Once you install the Smash 3 textures, can you please tell me if Mr. Game & Watch still works for you? I didn't edit his textures yet my game crashes everytime he appears and I don't know why...

If you use other textures than Smash 3's, make sure they have both the pac and pcs files or they won't work in "All Star versus".

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Well, here it is: Rim lighting "purple" Roy

(Snip)

You can try all his recolors in 3.5 if you want, I made a pack, anyone who´d like to try (or edit) these textures, is welcome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yz9f2xa74umkwr3/Roy w Sheat.rar?dl=0

Sorry if this is Off-Topic.
That doesn't have the improved sword model from 3.5, though.
Prepare yourself: https://imgur.com/a/J28LM
I'll be uploading it once the vault is back.
I was kind of expecting it to not work, but it did, and it was super exciting.

Edit: However, mine's not rimlit yet.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
That Roy looks better, and if it works like that in 3.5 I guess adding rimlight won't make the game crash (I hope not).
Don't forget to make sure that it doesn't crash when he has a metal box either. Ashingda and I had to deal with this in my Triforce Ganondorf X Smash 3 patch.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget to make sure that it doesn't crash when he has a metal box either. Ashingda and I had to deal with this in my Triforce Ganondorf X Smash 3 patch.
Oohh, thanks, I hadn't tested that. Just did, though, and it works! I might try rimlighting it later, hopefully that doesn't mess things up.

And sorry if this is all too off topic. I should make my own thread for my own modding endeavors.

Edit: I have done so, so if anyone has more to say on that stuff, my thread might be a better place:
http://smashboards.com/threads/crixlers-modding-endeavors.378711/

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
i believe im doing it all right. i downloaded the pack, i merged the private folder with the original private just i had to do with the projectm folder and the original projectm folder and nothing changes. if im doing it wrong let me know and also tell me step by step what to do
Check the FAQ that no one looks at anymore on the Op sections, there is a tutorial link there. If we explain step by step we will make 3 pages of spam. So I recommend checking that first.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Small update for you guys so you're not totally out of the loop. You've probably been wondering if we'll even be able to release everything before Friday when Smash U hits. The short answer is, we probably won't be able to make that date. However, the heavy lifting is done for most of the things, so you guys will still get everything we have planned, as it won't take much additional effort on our part. Sorry for the wait, but I guarantee you guys will enjoy the next update!

i believe im doing it all right. i downloaded the pack, i merged the private folder with the original private just i had to do with the projectm folder and the original projectm folder and nothing changes. if im doing it wrong let me know and also tell me step by step what to do
In The Pack, we didn't include any code files (including the file patch code), so the game doesn't know to load from the SD. We don't really want to mess with code files since everyone has their preference, so that'd be why it's not working.

P:M itself loads using the file patch code, which is why it works without us including a code file. Hope that clears it up.

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
Like Shun said, Mario and Yoshi have issues, they are fully playable, but if you don't mind seeing weird graphics on eggs (only the throwable ones, not the shielding) and cape, then you can add both without concerns, if you want Smash 3 sword traces for Link, Marth, Roy, Ike and Pit, you must extract the textures from those Fit.pac's and replace the pictures in their respective PM3.5 Fit.pac's using Brawlbox.

BTW: Once you install the Smash 3 textures, can you please tell me if Mr. Game & Watch still works for you? I didn't edit his textures yet my game crashes everytime he appears and I don't know why...

If you use other textures than Smash 3's, make sure they have both the pac and pcs files or they won't work in "All Star versus".
Sorry I couldn't reply sooner.
I'd be more than willing to try it out, but I deleted everything on my sd and I totally forgot to backup Smash 3 Textures so I cant try it.
If you or somebody else has the Pack dropbox link so I can get it again, that'd be great since brawl vault is down. Or if you just pm me G&W I could do it right now. Now that I think about it you guys should probably put the dropbox link in the OP since brawl vault has been going down a lot, just a thought.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Small update for you guys so you're not totally out of the loop. You've probably been wondering if we'll even be able to release everything before Friday when Smash U hits. The short answer is, we probably won't be able to make that date. However, the heavy lifting is done for most of the things, so you guys will still get everything we have planned, as it won't take much additional effort on our part. Sorry for the wait, but I guarantee you guys will enjoy the next update!

In The Pack, we didn't include any code files (including the file patch code), so the game doesn't know to load from the SD. We don't really want to mess with code files since everyone has their preference, so that'd be why it's not working.

P:M itself loads using the file patch code, which is why it works without us including a code file. Hope that clears it up.
Yay! Finally my Project M build will be completed!!!! I´m so hyped!!!!!!!

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
So wait, we're getting all the rest of Smash 3 released all at once? Does that include updates to old characters, or just the characters that don't have anything yet for now? Or am I misinterpreting things?

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
i take you guys are gonna upload the next pack in the form of a Project M Launcher addon?
that'd be super useful and practical!

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738

I look forward to the finished product. Even with Smash Wii U on the horizon (and preordered :lol:) there's something wonderfully addictive about putting your own custom content in Project M that results in a lot of replay-ability. You guys are amazing at what you do, and I hope you guys enjoy your retirement from modding. It was well deserved.

There's something I'd like to mention, however. If I recall, @ Tailsmiles249 Tailsmiles249 wrote a brief list of everyone who still needed to be released and everyone who still needed an update. I was surprised that Lucario :4lucario: wasn't on the list of characters who needed to be updated. This isn't because the texture or rimlighting isn't good; it's because Lucario seems to be one of the earlier Smash 3 characters that would need an update. Plus there are new alternate colors seen in Smash 3DS that aren't available in Project M or Brawl. Will it not be updated, or was it just an oversight not to mention it?

Taiko

Smash Ace
So wait, we're getting all the rest of Smash 3 released all at once? Does that include updates to old characters, or just the characters that don't have anything yet for now? Or am I misinterpreting things?
We'll see how it works out, there's no set plan.

i take you guys are gonna upload the next pack in the form of a Project M Launcher addon?
that'd be super useful and practical!
Not sure what that is, if it's easy enough to set up then maybe?

Hopefully Brawl Vault decides to work in time.
Oh, we won't need to worry about Brawl Vault for the next release.

I look forward to the finished product. Even with Smash Wii U on the horizon (and preordered :lol:) there's something wonderfully addictive about putting your own custom content in Project M that results in a lot of replay-ability. You guys are amazing at what you do, and I hope you guys enjoy your retirement from modding. It was well deserved.

There's something I'd like to mention, however. If I recall, @ Tailsmiles249 Tailsmiles249 wrote a brief list of everyone who still needed to be released and everyone who still needed an update. I was surprised that Lucario :4lucario: wasn't on the list of characters who needed to be updated. This isn't because the texture or rimlighting isn't good; it's because Lucario seems to be one of the earlier Smash 3 characters that would need an update. Plus there are new alternate colors seen in Smash 3DS that aren't available in Project M or Brawl. Will it not be updated, or was it just an oversight not to mention it?
Lucario will get a recolour update. The renders will be the same, though. Maybe slightly different fur on the render, but that's it.

And thanks for understanding that we're human too!

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
So are y'all going to update mewtwo for his tail nerf? It's 15% shorter now.

Taiko

Smash Ace
An update/preview again for you guys!
One of these men is of Asian descent. The other is of Altean descent.

That's right, King Marth is getting a pretty drastic update! Trust us, his face was bugging us for the longest time too. His face wasn't the only thing to get an udpate, however...

We've given him a fancy new cape to go with his new looks. Can you spot all the changes?
Hope you guys are looking forward to the final few characters as well as the updates!

And last but not least...

Bad things happen in development. Very bad things.

So are y'all going to update mewtwo for his tail nerf? It's 15% shorter now.
It's what now? Did they adjust the model as well? Arghhh, I don't really want to...

Thanks, it seems simple enough to do.

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Could we get a better view of the new sword model? SatoshiKura mentioned to me a few days ago that it's been modified a bit, but it's hard to tell from those pics.

Juken

Smash Ace
Then we'll probably have to update his Rocket Armor alt to be 15% more edgy to even it out.
Yeah, that's one issue I had with te Smash 3 Project M2 that made me not use their Rocket recolor over the mod that I had, but was recently added officially. The white skin seemed too white, and then there looked to be less detail on the lining o something (I haven't seen the Smash 3 one for a while, so I can't remember). It just didn't look as "badass" for some reason, and I also remember not wanting to get rid of the Rocket mewtwo skin because the one I used had fire effects on them which I don't know how to add to other skins.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
An update/preview again for you guys!
One of these men is of Asian descent. The other is of Altean descent.

That's right, King Marth is getting a pretty drastic update! Trust us, his face was bugging us for the longest time too. His face wasn't the only thing to get an udpate, however...

We've given him a fancy new cape to go with his new looks. Can you spot all the changes?
Hope you guys are looking forward to the final few characters as well as the updates!

And last but not least...

Bad things happen in development. Very bad things.

It's what now? Did they adjust the model as well? Arghhh, I don't really want to...

Thanks, it seems simple enough to do.
Marth looks so good. As a prominent Fire Emblem fan, this makes me even more excited to see Ike:4myfriends: and Roy:roypm:.

SteR ThA KiiD

Smash Cadet
NNID
SteRxThAxKiiD

soo is there anyway of getting the brawl version to work?? i play brawl more than pm so i would like to get the brawl version of the pack working

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
soo is there anyway of getting the brawl version to work?? i play brawl more than pm so i would like to get the brawl version of the pack working
As I already told you, there is a tutorial link on the Faq that will help you. Or just look for a brawl build with the codes already applied.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Marth looks so good. As a prominent Fire Emblem fan, this makes me even more excited to see Ike:4myfriends: and Roy:roypm:.
Ike and Roy both look pretty different too. As for how...you'll all see at a later date!

What Edel said. You can find the thread here.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
can u post that link again please?
There shouldn't be a need to post the link if it's already in the first post of the entire thread.
What Edel said. You can find the thread here.
Welcome to a world of confusing things to understand. But once you do understand the things, you'll be unstopable.

Have fun!

Oh and just in case, the word "here" on Taiko's post is the link you're looking for.

Last edited:

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Taiko, Have you ever thought of making a custom title sceen for ur project. If u did could u make one similar to this.
It dosn't have to be exactly like it. But I think it will match perfectly with the goal of ur project

Last edited:

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
I'm not 100% sure about this, but afaik the Mewtwo tail change is a bone placement/size change in the animations and not a model change, so you should be fine.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Taiko, Have you ever thought of making a custom title sceen for ur project. If u did could u make one similar to this.
It dosn't have to be exactly like it. But I think it will match perfectly with the goal of ur project
I thought about it, then realized I wanted to play games.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but afaik the Mewtwo tail change is a bone placement/size change in the animations and not a model change, so you should be fine.
Thanks for the heads up, that's good!

Yeah, that's what I mean. Mirror needed.
We won't be using the Vault for when the next update rolls around. Until then however, please wait patiently. The next update is going to be pretty huge, so we don't want you guys to have to redownload everything again. Yes, even the individual downloads will be updated.

Top Bottom