• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Dudes, this is freaking awesome. MY babies Lucas and
Ness! They're glorious! BUT, Marth's eyes. They haunt me. And I hope you're planning on a Smash 4 costumed ZSS and Ike! Also a Wi-Fi safe version would be nice. My PM converts to full when I add this on.

AND ONE MORE THING! Consider using the Smash Wii U HUD instead of the 3DS one. Ya know, with the face stocks and stuff.
I don't think it's possible to do face stocks.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Well, that's fine. I kinda wasn't serious there anyways. But the other stuff in the Wii U HUD should be incorporated.
Well, I guess Te@m 3 should find a programmer to work with Face stocks.

EDIT: Fix'd. I hope it's still not considered stealing

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Could I have the Sonic, Wolf and Lucas renders if it isn't too much trouble :)

Hoping for an update this week XD
Likely not, but we've been in overdrive mode in the dev room.

Dudes, this is freaking awesome. MY babies Lucas and
Ness! They're glorious! BUT, Marth's eyes. They haunt me. And I hope you're planning on a Smash 4 costumed ZSS and Ike! Also a Wi-Fi safe version would be nice. My PM converts to full when I add this on.

AND ONE MORE THING! Consider using the Smash Wii U HUD instead of the 3DS one. Ya know, with the face stocks and stuff.
Marth's eyes haunted us too. Past tense.

About the wifi safe, that's weird. What's happening to make it "full"? We haven't touched the codeset. Is it a certain character?

The Smash 3 HUD is basically a mix between the two right now, the main differences being the GAME!, etc text being from the 3DS version. Stocks are sadly not possible, we can't load what's not already loaded!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

About the wifi safe, that's weird. What's happening to make it "full"? We haven't touched the codeset. Is it a certain character?

The Smash 3 HUD is basically a mix between the two right now, the main differences being the GAME!, etc text being from the 3DS version. Stocks are sadly not possible, we can't load what's not already loaded!
Thank's so much! I still can't get over how amazing these look!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I can't wait to see METAL GEAR himself. I also am curious to how POCKET MONSTER MAN and his POCKET MONSTERS are doing. Must be a lot of work to do all four of 'em.

Everybody looks so fantastic so far, and Mewtwo looks simply phenomenal. You guys are doing a pretty awesome job with this redesign project. Kudos to all of you!

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Would someone want this? I'll admit, the csp is a bit wierd(Look at the shading on the hat) but if you guys want it I'll upload it.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Beautiful Picture Edel.

Yay progress on my main! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us.
:marth:---->:4marth: hype.

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738

This is so exciting. It's nice to see that you guys will be coming to a beautiful conclusion, but I do have a few questions concerning your textures. It's already well established that you guys will not be applying rimlight or textures to Project M's fancy alts (except maybe, Doc? :4drmario:), which is fine. The quality of the other textures is excellent as they are. But do you have any plans to make textures based off of them, even though they are not in Smash 4? For example, it would be cool if you guys made a purple palette swap for Peach based off of her Shadow Queen alt, or a red Meta Knight based off of his Concept Butter Knight alt? It's fine if that's not the case, it's just that I enjoy some of your more original content too.

SmashBrosPM

Smash Cadet
I didn't really understand... Does this mod bring back all PM's Alternate Costumes and add new ones or some PM's Alternate Costumes are replaced?

Taiko

Smash Ace
where can i get the older version?
Any character works for either version. When you download the pack, you can choose "Brawl" or "Project M", pick whichever you like. The individual downloads will work wherever.

This is so exciting. It's nice to see that you guys will be coming to a beautiful conclusion, but I do have a few questions concerning your textures. It's already well established that you guys will not be applying rimlight or textures to Project M's fancy alts (except maybe, Doc? :4drmario:), which is fine. The quality of the other textures is excellent as they are. But do you have any plans to make textures based off of them, even though they are not in Smash 4? For example, it would be cool if you guys made a purple palette swap for Peach based off of her Shadow Queen alt, or a red Meta Knight based off of his Concept Butter Knight alt? It's fine if that's not the case, it's just that I enjoy some of your more original content too.
We do have some stuff like that in store, as for what, I can't say. Concept Art Meta Knight won't return as a recolour though, I can say that much. It...doesn't lend itself well to normal Meta Knight's design.

I didn't really understand... Does this mod bring back all PM's Alternate Costumes and add new ones or some PM's Alternate Costumes are replaced?
It doesn't add any alts, it replaces what's already there with recolours. The only alt this retains from P:M is Armor Mewtwo.

Last edited:

SteR ThA KiiD

Smash Cadet
NNID
SteRxThAxKiiD
Any character works for either version. When you download the pack, you can choose "Brawl" or "Project M", pick whichever you like. The individual downloads will work wherever.

We do have some stuff like that in store, as for what, I can't say. Concept Art Meta Knight won't return as a recolour though, I can say that much. It...doesn't lend itself well to normal Meta Knight's design.

It doesn't add any alts, it replaces what's already there with recolours. The only alt this retains from P:M is Armor Mewtwo.
is there a way for me to get everything in 1 download instead of downloading each individual character

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Man, I just can't help but think of all that's happened over that last few months. SSB3DS is already out, SSBU is almost here, and we're near complete with releasing the rest of the characters. I don't mean to brag (but I will anyway cause I'm a legend), but without me helping out with rendering we wouldn't have come this far. I only started out (selfish plug) making wallpapers with all the recolors for Marth and Sonic's Smash 3 textures before their updates. Then I did Brawl Samus just for fun (and because of the PED suit Nano did). SJS's Zero Suit Samus is in there if you're interested... But I digress! The Smash 3 Team thought I would be a great help if I joined since they only had one renderer (Taiko) at the time. Then one of the best things that this project could ever experience happened: by introducing a more efficient way to go make renders we've managed to release characters left and right. Plus, I've improved from this experience. To think I went from this:
To this in only a few months:
Granted they are different models but it's how I set things up that matters.

After everything that's happened this is all we have left!
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Samus
Snake
ZSS
Red (Pokemon Trainer)
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Charizard

And of course we still have some releases we have yet to update:
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Ike
Jigglypuff
Link
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Meta Knight
Olimar
Peach
Pikachu
Roy
Toon Link

This leaves us with not much left to do. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty fired up about it so don't think our work will be left watered down. You never know when an update will sneak up on you so keep doing what you're doing and check in regularly. It may seem like we're monkeying around at times (RvB fans anyone?) but we try to maintain as much of a professional persona as possible without seeming like a copy of other fan projects. We've come this far so there's no reason to just bail out because SSBU is on the way. We're on the final stretch, let's make it count!

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Man, I just can't help but think of all that's happened over that last few months. SSB3DS is already out, SSBU is almost here, and we're near complete with releasing the rest of the characters. I don't mean to brag (but I will anyway cause I'm a legend), but without me helping out with rendering we wouldn't have come this far. I only started out (selfish plug) making wallpapers with all the recolors for Marth and Sonic's Smash 3 textures before their updates. Then I did Brawl Samus just for fun (and because of the PED suit Nano did). SJS's Zero Suit Samus is in there if you're interested... But I digress! The Smash 3 Team thought I would be a great help if I joined since they only had one renderer (Taiko) at the time. Then one of the best things that this project could ever experience happened: by introducing a more efficient way to go make renders we've managed to release characters left and right. Plus, I've improved from this experience. To think I went from this:
To this in only a few months:
Granted they are different models but it's how I set things up that matters.

After everything that's happened this is all we have left!
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Samus
Snake
ZSS
Red (Pokemon Trainer)
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Charizard

And of course we still have some releases we have yet to update:
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Ike
Jigglypuff
Link
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Meta Knight
Olimar
Peach
Pikachu
Roy
Toon Link

This leaves us with not much left to do. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty fired up about it so don't think our work will be left watered down. You never know when an update will sneak up on you so keep doing what you're doing and check in regularly. It may seem like we're monkeying around at times (RvB fans anyone?) but we try to maintain as much of a professional persona as possible without seeming like a copy of other fan projects. We've come this far so there's no reason to just bail out because SSBU is on the way. We're on the final stretch, let's make it count!
I'm so excited for this project's conclusion, but I'm also disappointed that there won't be a reason to return to this thread upon its completion. Unless, maybe you guys can keep it open for some original fan material, like the original Ike textures and such that have been shown off here thus far. Since @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout posted his rimlighting tutorial and @ Taiko Taiko posted his texturing tutorial, there's a lot of cool stuff your followers can come up with. It would be nice to see people get the chance to post their own Sm@sh 3 textures here even after the actual project is done.

Speaking of which, you truly are fantastic at making renders. Did you ever consider creating a rendering tutorial, or is it so complicated that it would be difficult to explain? Either way, nice work.

Taiko

Smash Ace
When is there going to be a update Team 3
We've got a lot in the works, but nothing 100% done yet. We'll release it all when it's ready!

I'm so excited for this project's conclusion, but I'm also disappointed that there won't be a reason to return to this thread upon its completion. Unless, maybe you guys can keep it open for some original fan material, like the original Ike textures and such that have been shown off here thus far. Since @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout posted his rimlighting tutorial and @ Taiko Taiko posted his texturing tutorial, there's a lot of cool stuff your followers can come up with. It would be nice to see people get the chance to post their own Sm@sh 3 textures here even after the actual project is done.

Speaking of which, you truly are fantastic at making renders. Did you ever consider creating a rendering tutorial, or is it so complicated that it would be difficult to explain? Either way, nice work.
Neat idea, but it'd be a lot to maintain as well. We just want to be done!

And as for the rendering tutorial, there really is a lot to cover. It's something that you just "get" the more you do it, so search up some tutorials!
If you're curious, we use Blender Cycles for rendering. It's free, and works faster than 3DS Max while providing results that better suit this project.

Top Bottom