• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
anyone got a download with all of the alt costumes and csps included? pretty sure the main download doesn't.
The main download do not have them, making them of course, DLC's. Installation of these individually is plain and simple... use this guide to install them:
http://smashboards.com/threads/texture-and-vertex-hack-database-how-to-thread.232455/

You can use Brawl Box to place the portraits, remember, these are not necessary being cosmetic:
system/common_5: Character selection screen
info/portraits: Battle portrait, the little square displaying your character while in battle
menu/common: Victory screen, the same picture used in common_5

You may believe its a hassle to do all of these, but believe me, its totally worth it. Read the tutorial well before asking any questions that could be answered there.

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
You guys have to check this out: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203098

This was just recent but Miraj, and Yami 2b made a "True" Smash 4 HUD. I tried it myself, and I've got to say, this is very accurate from the names and numbers, to the locations of the portraits and icons. The whole thing looks awesome.
As Edel said, we weren't trying to match Smash 4. Fun fact: they borrowed some stuff from us to make that.

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Just tried it out: All it changes is the Percent Meter and text like that. No portrait changes on my end and I used SJSs CSPs and everything. Looks great, guys! Keep up the great work!

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
As Edel said, we weren't trying to match Smash 4. Fun fact: they borrowed some stuff from us to make that.
1. I didn't know that, though I should've known that at first glance. :facepalm:
2. I like your style of the HUD as well as the one I brought up, because they both look simple, yet very professional, in my honest opinion.

Other than these two, keep it up man, and you'll go places later in your future! :p

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
What exactly do I need to replace in the new full package for the HUD? What file is it?

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Hey guys, I ran into an issue with my Project M build after installing the Smash 3 HUD. Whenever I try to play a match with input assist turned off, the percentages aren't visible anymore. What's more, now the titles of songs on a few of the stages have been changed to music that I definitely don't have. What's up? Did I copy one too many files?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I don't know about your first issue, but info.pac contains the music titles file so you need to make sure you extract and insert that MiscData over into the new one.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Do you guys plan on doing character stock icons?

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
They have for individual characters and textures. Like, some DLC textures have their own icons if they're a totally different color, and all of Marth's textures have their own icons.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Hey guys, I ran into an issue with my Project M build after installing the Smash 3 HUD. Whenever I try to play a match with input assist turned off, the percentages aren't visible anymore. What's more, now the titles of songs on a few of the stages have been changed to music that I definitely don't have. What's up? Did I copy one too many files?
We'll look into this. Not really sure what could be causing it at all.

Do you guys plan on doing character stock icons?
Only when appropriate.

Sorry we've been quiet for so long. Rest assured, we haven't exactly been doing nothing, but there's not much to show just yet.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
Hey! I just wanted to thank you for the amazing work you've been doing guys :) I really like using this project's textures with Project M and I can't wait to see the whole roster done.

Once again, thanks a lot!

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Love your work guys. So, I hate to use you as tech support, but installing your HUD causes PM to crash when loading the title screen. Do you have any idea what would be causing this?

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Love your work guys. So, I hate to use you as tech support, but installing your HUD causes PM to crash when loading the title screen. Do you have any idea what would be causing this?
Could be that you replaced some files incorrectly, remember, HUD goes in pf/ info2. Also, I believe the HUD was updated with some bug fixes, try redownloading and using pm's files.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Could be that you replaced some files incorrectly, remember, HUD goes in pf/ info2. Also, I believe the HUD was updated with some bug fixes, try redownloading and using pm's files.
Nope, I made sure to put them all in the right place. The stock ones work fine, they work fine when music titles are updated, but when I try to edit info.pac in any other way (I've realized it's not just the HUD here), even if that means just replacing a few images, the game crashes. I have no idea what's going on, especially since the file size limit isn't even reached. I'll try an updated version and see what happens.

EDIT: So I think I figure it out. When making the virtual SD card for Dolphin, for some reason winimage bumps up the size of info.pac past the 390 kb limit. Huh.

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
hey guys, when will the next update come out?
Relax man, we're not machines. We're human beings with lives just like you. When something's (almost) done, we'll be sure to let all of you guys know. In the mean time, just be patient because things are only going to get much better from this point onward. Good things come to those who wait.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
God this is sooooooooooo good.

I put this all on my build. DLC and HUD and everything. I can't wait for more characters, the existing ones just look so much better to me now than the bland Brawl styles.

A thousand likes

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Pfft. That's chump change. I could give you that right now.
I'm prepared to offer the dev team....

one MILLION likes!!!!
*ahem*

Don't you think you should offer more than a million likes? A million likes isn't exactly huge appreciation these days... :gova:

Still, this project is one dynamite mod I agree. I can't wait for Snake to make his appearance with hopefully MGS3 Big Boss.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Pfft. That's chump change. I could give you that right now.
I'm prepared to offer the dev team....

one MILLION likes!!!!
*whispers*uh sir, a million isn't that much these days. Would you be interested in giving them a BILLION likes instead?

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I can understand the enthusiasm either way myself. I'm growing more and more anxious to see the entire roster in glorious Smash 3-o-vision myself. A question though, do the DLC color packs overwrite a current color or are they literally extra colors? If the latter is true then I've got another set of updates to implement.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I can understand the enthusiasm either way myself. I'm growing more and more anxious to see the entire roster in glorious Smash 3-o-vision myself. A question though, do the DLC color packs overwrite a current color or are they literally extra colors? If the latter is true then I've got another set of updates to implement.
Depending on your build, typically you'll need to over-write a costume to use them. Some people use cBliss so a few characters have additional slots that they can fill. Others just use the simple way of replacing stuff that's already present.

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Nothing major, but just thought I would give you a heads up, in your "info_training.pac", the music list is a little bit customized, as in it uses names for some tracks not in vanilla Project M or Brawl. I did double check this before posting. Just to clarify, I do mean in the HUD download. Just something I noticed while using training mode, as I have heavily customized some stages' music on my build. Keep up the good work, and can't wait for more.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Hey do you guys have the PSD files of Ness, TL and Luigi? I'd like to use them to make some personal stuff.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
patiently waiting for ice climbers

....just kidding, wolf please.

and zero suit. :4zss:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I can't wait to see Lucas, considering Brawl is his only (and possibly last) 3D representation.

Also, yesterday I moved the majority of Smash 3's texture files into my Hackless Project M launcher. My game froze shortly after launching. Is there a reason for this or did I just make a mistake.

K2LL

Smash Rookie
I made an account here just to ask... how do I replace the files on my version of PM on a mac? Someone said earlier in this thread that a mac would not override the correct files. I've tried 3 or 4 times to get this build to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I made an account here just to ask... how do I replace the files on my version of PM on a mac? Someone said earlier in this thread that a mac would not override the correct files. I've tried 3 or 4 times to get this build to work. Any help would be appreciated.
On a Mac you have to replace each file individually (unless you can find some software that merges files like Windows does).

Shin F.

Smash Master

K2LL

Smash Rookie
@ Shin F. Shin F. tried using terminal, same result. If it helps Im using a NTSC copy of brawl with a hackles wii. Thanks for the help though, I guess I'll wait until someone creates a finished build with Smash 3 on it.

Top Bottom