• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Last edited:

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Here's a reference that might help

No but seriously great job

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Other than Wario and Bowser, I've also been working with a forgotten character that no one ever mentioned...

Poor thing...
I have been waiting patiently for this to show up soon! Looks awesome, can't wait to see it in game.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Totally forgot to follow this thread on Smashboards.

It's a lot easier to get updates here. KC-MM is pretty wonky on my computer.

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
I've just downloaded some of these textures for P:M, and they look great! But, I found something weird with Falco. On his standard color, the (earpiece?) is kind of big, and he has no mic. But on his other colors, the earpiece is smaller and he has a mic. Why is that?
:falco:

Taiko

Smash Ace
I've just downloaded some of these textures for P:M, and they look great! But, I found something weird with Falco. On his standard color, the (earpiece?) is kind of big, and he has no mic. But on his other colors, the earpiece is smaller and he has a mic. Why is that?
:falco:
Thanks for finding that, fixed the head cannon on the default costume and the black lipstick on the recolours. Redownload, sorry!
hey I am putting the HUD on the SD card but it is not loading the Smash 3 HUD it just goes back to PM HUD
It sounds like the files didn't get put into the proper directories, so I've updated the HUD download with an install similar to the pack. Just go into the "Project M" folder, and drag the "projectm" folder onto the root of your SD.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Nooo! : (

All the custom content I have though.
If you drag and drop it into the "projectm" folder into your SD card root, it will only overwrite anything you have in pf/info2, nothing else.
does custom music **** this up?
I don't see how it possibly can, considering we haven't done anything involving music or SFX yet.

Last edited:

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
hmmm. when i drag and dorp the file named "projectm" from the pack, it asks if I want to merge, instead of replace. what do i do?

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
is the HUD included with The Pack?

second question, what is an HUD?

Taiko

Smash Ace
is the HUD included with The Pack?

second question, what is an HUD?
It's not at the moment. Since we hadn't really tried something like that before, we wanted to see how the reception would be first before including it.
A HUD is a Heads Up Display, aka the in-battle interface. You'll notice that in this screen for example, the damage numbers look different from stock Brawl:

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
hmmm. there is already a file with the name with the fitgamewatch00.pac. do i keep copy and replace, don't copy, or copy, but keep both files?

Taiko

Smash Ace
Download the HUD file, and install it the same way as the pack.
Copy and replace for any conflicts that happen for both the pack and the HUD.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I have a question. Does these hacks work on the PAL Version of Brawl? Because I really like this project
They should work just fine with PAL Brawl., but we haven't tested for it. Do let us know if they work.

how do i install the extra costumes?
extra costumes help pls
If you make a post asking for help, please wait for someone to respond before posting again. We try to get to these things as we have time.

To answer your question, just drag and drop the Fit#charactername#.pac/pcs into the characters folder located in pf/fighter. If you want to install the customized portraits to match, you'll need Brawlbox. If you have Brawlbox, you'll need to open up the proper files and find the images you want to replace

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
oh, so it won't show the new texture when i go to it in vs, but in the battle it will?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
oh, so it won't show the new texture when i go to it in vs, but in the battle it will?
Precisely. You'll have to edit other things to change the portrait. Do search around for tutorials on Brawl modding if you're interested.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I like it, but if you ever put it in the pack, it should be optional.

caldonis

Smash Rookie
anyone got a download with all of the alt costumes and csps included? pretty sure the main download doesn't.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
You guys have to check this out: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203098

This was just recent but Miraj, and Yami 2b made a "True" Smash 4 HUD. I tried it myself, and I've got to say, this is very accurate from the names and numbers, to the locations of the portraits and icons. The whole thing looks awesome.
We are not attempting to be the exact smash 4, just as the OP states. Shun was doing his own style referencing the smash 4, nothing else.

It IS nice, I have to admit.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I like it, but if you ever put it in the pack, it should be optional.
Making it optional might cause confusion later, it will save the user and the uploader hassle when organizing it and or testing it. Especially when one is new in applying these mods. And we plan to include everything except DLC's in the pack, including some other stuff I might not be allowed to say. Besides, if one doesn't want it, just a replace them with PM's. (or brawls)

Last edited:
Top Bottom