• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Damnit Taiko! I JUST redid my build yesterday with the meta knight full package! Now I have to do it again!

If I ever see you, im going to give you a firm spanking.

Oh, and on a side note, NICE- it looks gorgeous- good work guys!

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
Yay Flacoooo I've been waiting for you!
He looks great!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Falco's here, meaning I have all of my PM mains now done in Smash 3! :grin:

ImpossiblyRood

Smash Apprentice
We
Nah man, you got it wrong.

Skip to 1:43, the quote goes "I guess I should be thankful".

Ironically enough, the quote immediately following that one is "I guess it's your turn to be thankful." :falcomelee:
Oh Lordy, my hubris.... I thought I knew star fox, but it was folly.
well, time to commit seppuku.

(To be clear, I'm being facetious, not sarcastic.)

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Falco looks so good, I'm fighting myself from adding another technical character to main.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Any possibility to see Red Kirby become Kool-Aid Kirby in the Smash 3 pack? :)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
So I finally got around to put in the full pack after reluctantly thinking Link and Zelda looked rather meh (I was also already using Shun's vibrant variants prior to).

Boy oh boy was I wrong. The rim lighting and color choice looks miles, miles better in-game when you can see it all in motion (the shading on Link's shield is especially amazing). It looks especially great on Night Battlefield, further showing that every single PM stage needs a night time version.

I'm really excited for any new releases and as an Ike main, I hope you guys have him in the works soon.

Question though, will you cover all the alt costumes at some point? Even just rim lighting and spec lighting on Link and his shield for his alt would be awesome alone unless you could tell me how to do it myself.

Last edited:

Jfludd2k3wl

Smash Rookie
What's the problem? I can probably help.
I'm not sure. I'm trying to download it for project m. I got into Dropbox, clicked project m and downloaded the folders. Now, on my sd card I have two different folders for project m. One with the official thing, and one with the pack. Once I'm on project m, I don't see the textures that were downloaded.

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
On your SD card does it have one folder named "Project M" and one named "projectm"?

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Move the one named "projectm" into the one named "Project M". That should fix it, and it should start replacing files. One last question what operating system are you using?

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
On the computer, but I don't think it matters, the reason I asked was because drag and drop on a Mac just delets a lot of stuff on the SD card.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
So I finally got around to put in the full pack after reluctantly thinking Link and Zelda looked rather meh (I was also already using Shun's vibrant variants prior to).

Boy oh boy was I wrong. The rim lighting and color choice looks miles, miles better in-game when you can see it all in motion (the shading on Link's shield is especially amazing). It looks especially great on Night Battlefield, further showing that every single PM stage needs a night time version.

I'm really excited for any new releases and as an Ike main, I hope you guys have him in the works soon.

Question though, will you cover all the alt costumes at some point? Even just rim lighting and spec lighting on Link and his shield for his alt would be awesome alone unless you could tell me how to do it myself.
We will tackle the alts once we get the normal characters finished. No worries, we will do more than just rimlight. ;)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If I had to make one criticism of everything so far, Roy's blade is rather flat looking. I don't just mean the model itself (which is more of a thing with the base model) but it doesn't really pop the way Roy does. Everything else has been a joy to look at so far though.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Roy in general looks flat compared to Marth, it's an inconsistency that leads me to believe they were designed by two different people. They both look great mind you, just inconsistent.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I was wondering if there was somewhere I could find the renders for these characters. Does anyone have a link? I'd like to make the Meta Knight one into a roster icon.

Taiko

Smash Ace
This is what you guys need for Kirby. By far the most popular Kirby color on my SD. Old school.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pfl72c98ouvdcwj/K4UErWhPkh/bkirby3nes.png
That's pretty cool!
If I had to make one criticism of everything so far, Roy's blade is rather flat looking. I don't just mean the model itself (which is more of a thing with the base model) but it doesn't really pop the way Roy does. Everything else has been a joy to look at so far though.
Roy in general looks flat compared to Marth, it's an inconsistency that leads me to believe they were designed by two different people. They both look great mind you, just inconsistent.
That's because they were designed by two different people. You'll notice mine and Shun's styles are pretty different (you can probably tell just by looking at textures who made who), but we'll work on correcting things like that in the future.
umm,im having problem downloading the pack on my hackless wii when i download the pack for project m it puts me back to brawl
That's odd, are you on Mac?

Last edited:

marckenson

Smash Ace
That's pretty cool!

That's because they were designed by two different people. You'll notice mine and Shun's styles are pretty different (you can probably tell just by looking at textures who made who), but we'll work on correcting things like that in the future.

That's odd, are you on Mac?
no im not using a mac
btw i hope u guys do the alrenative costume for fox,mario, luigi,and all

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
no im not using a mac
btw i hope u guys do the alrenative costume for fox,mario, luigi,and all
It doesn't come with the base Project M files, only ours, so you'll need to download Project M then merge our folder into it.
And yes, we plan to do the costumes eventually!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I was wondering if there was somewhere I could find the renders for these characters. Does anyone have a link? I'd like to make the Meta Knight one into a roster icon.
Ask and you shall receive.

Meta Knight Render

If you'd like any others, just ask and we'll try to provide a link for you.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
You're an absolute saint.

If it's not too much trouble, I could use the Ness, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff renders as well. Meta Knight was the big one, though, so thank you sincerely for that.
Sorry, I missed your post the first time around.
Here are the renders for:
Ness, Falcon, and Jigglypuff

Top Bottom