• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Okay, then.

• You Dair way too much. She has other aerials, too.
• You air dodge too much. Peach has the worst air dodge in the game, try to avoid using it.
• I know this is RC, but mainly you should glide toss more and try to mix up where you throw them. This will sidetrack the opponent.
• Just a reminder that I hope you know how to DI correctly. If you don't then watch this.
• You play TOO SLOW. Slower than me, and I thought I played fast until some of the best Peaches critiqued me. Peach is a pressuring monster, and you gotta take advantage of that.
• When you land a Dair try to followup with something, like Ftilt, Utilt, Uair, another Dair, Nair, etc.

Overall you play pretty well. Also does that Dedede know how to chaingrab? If he did you would be ****ed up because D3 CGs Peach.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Good. I hope you didn't take my post as a rude tone. I would have added more but I can't because you need to apply those before I can add more deeper points.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Illmatic, that recovery was basically the worst possible plan. rofl
LMAO, I know.

I was trying to do hood rat ****, but it failed terribly.

Lol Diska. He used to live in IL, I never got to play his Snake with my Peach though. Does he still john a lot?
He seems like a pretty cool guy to me.

I don't think he had room to really john because he knew he was getting outplayed and he wanted to learn. He had a really good attitude when we were playing, so nope... can't say he's a johner yet lol.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Well he usually only johned when he lost to like, Lucario or Olimar. He would call them gay and john a lot about them. It's kinda hard to john when you're losing to a character like Peach, haha. Besides that, he was a cool guy.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Video of the one match I played as Peach last weekend at Revenge, an Ohio tournament. Right now, it's just stream quality, I'm not sure if the videos are going on Youtube or not, but if they do, I'll replace the link.

http://www.twitch.tv/genericallynamed/b/300442234 38:00 minutes in. Vs. FAE's Lucas. This is game 2, I lost game 1 as ROB on FD. I'd like some critique on my out of practice Peach, please. I'm looking to use her more again in the near future.

Sieguest

Smash Master
My buddy Dinah can't muster up a post so I'm taking the gist of what he said.

More turnips.
More toad.
Definitely more aerial mixup needed.
Uhh lol at PKT2 gimp?

^ The hell? That was all Dinah snatching my account...

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
I'm trying to go for a flashy/aggressive peach, mostly for friendlies, since my competitive character is Snake/Falcon.

http://youtu.be/sVcb63_48lY

Anything i should do to be more flashy? Still cant figure out how to free pull, lul

z00ted

I've been practicing really hard with ANTi on Wi-Fi recently.

Our connection is really stable and he's allowing me to still keep my quick speed while becoming an overall smarter and safer player. He is without a doubt one of the most talented players in the world with every single character in the game. I recorded a few from our last session, where I both won and lost.

Some really exciting matches here. Watch them if you have the time, please.
Critique is welcomed.

Apex, here we come.

:pikachu2:
[COLLAPSE=""]1[/COLLAPSE]
:marth:
[COLLAPSE=""]1 2[/COLLAPSE]
:lucario:
:snake:
[COLLAPSE=""]1 2 3
[/COLLAPSE]

Sorry about the Silly Kyle video quality :bee:.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Watching them now, I love the CT Music on the first Marth vid.

Looooool at the end of the delfino match.

>Fsmash at the same time
>Marth Fsmash misses
>Peach Pan-Fsmash hits

:rosalina:

z00ted

I have no idea how that happened.
It's happened to me once before.

Twice (including that time) against Marth's Forward Smash.
Both times the Pan outranged his F-smash.
Does it's range extend upon sweetspot or whatever, similar to the racket?

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I know that Marth has hurt boxes on his blade during Side-B, but I wasn't sure if it wasn't just that his arm hurtbox extends over his sword for his general moveset.

:rosalina:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I've been practicing really hard with ANTi on Wi-Fi recently.

Our connection is really stable and he's allowing me to still keep my quick speed while becoming an overall smarter and safer player. He is without a doubt one of the most talented players in the world with every single character in the game. I recorded a few from our last session, where I both won and lost.

Some really exciting matches here. Watch them if you have the time, please.
Critique is welcomed.

Apex, here we come.

:pikachu2:
[COLLAPSE=""]1[/COLLAPSE]
:marth:
:lucario:
:snake:
[COLLAPSE=""]1 2 3
[/COLLAPSE]

Sorry about the Silly Kyle video quality :bee:.
Maybe this article will help: http://shoryuken.com/2011/08/11/my-...ts-on-randomness-mashing-and-high-level-play/

I don't know what to say, your Peach looks really good. I honestly think you just need more creativity in your play just like the article says, and also getting hit less and keeping track of risk/reward. I've noticed that when I play Peach, I seem to limit my combos and followups to two or three hits, and I believe you have a similar strategy, but I think you should expand it to 5 or 6. I'm talking about following DI and thinking of where they will be next and how you can better set up, approach, defend or fake the opponent out. I think you just need more strategy and more intricate tactics than the standard Peach if you want to reach top level. Excel_Zero has some pretty neat tactics so I'd advise to check what he has(Instant Ledge-getup w/ Float, Turnip Dropping, Turnip regrabbing w/ aerials, etc.) and add it up to what you already know.

You're getting there Illmatic, just push yourself a little bit more, think up new turnip usages, turnip setups, and use moves differently than you're used to and you'll get there.

z00ted

I'm getting there!

And thanks, Gladiel.

I actually do a lot of that Z-dropping/re-catching quite frequently... it's just really really hard to get those in as well as EXTRA hits on combos against a player of ANTi's caliber.

I consider myself the current "top level" of Peach right now, and I don't want to sound rude or cocky, but I believe myself and a few others currently are. You can't do too many "random or intricate" ideas against one of the five players in the entire world because Brawl is a defensive game, not offensive. Too much risk, too little reward.

If you play him, you'll know what I mean.
I'm grateful if I can get in a two or three hit combo.. he's that smart.

As far as the habits / creativity stuff goes.. yeah, I can agree that I may need to work on that a bit.. as well as when to really just sit back and camp with a lead and stuff.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I'm getting there!

And thanks, Gladiel.

I actually do a lot of that Z-dropping/re-catching quite frequently... it's just really really hard to get those in as well as EXTRA hits on combos against a player of ANTi's caliber.

I consider myself the current "top level" of Peach right now, and I don't want to sound rude or cocky, but I believe myself and a few others currently are. You can't do too many "random or intricate" ideas against one of the five players in the entire world because Brawl is a defensive game, not offensive. Too much risk, too little reward.

If you play him, you'll know what I mean.
I'm grateful if I can get in a two or three hit combo.. he's that smart.

As far as the habits / creativity stuff goes.. yeah, I can agree that I may need to work on that a bit.. as well as when to really just sit back and camp with a lead and stuff.
When I say top level, I mean as in...top player. You have a great Peach Illmatic, but are you a top player...?

And yeah, I think LLOD understands how to sit back an camp, so maybe ask him a few questions. Also, you do sound cocky, maybe you need to humble it out a bit. It's great to be confident, but know what areas you can improve and learn from. Texas has pretty much everything that you need, so do you ask Gnes/Razer/Dojo or any intelligent player from Texas on the regular on how to play smarter, get better reads, and improve?

z00ted

First of all, I appreciate the help but you gave me some f'ing street fighter article to read. I don't even know one tenth of the terminology used in that article.

Then you tell me to get tips from LLOD when he ONLY plays Wi-Fi and it's actually a viable option there. I'd rather go to Nicole or Kyon who actually know how to camp and use turnips effectively.

You think I don't ask Gnes/Razer/Trela how to improve? LMAO
That's literally all I do, seriously. It probably bothers them if anything.

Excel Zero's Peach is nice, but his opponents really really suck.

I clicked the first vid and had to exit out within two minutes because I had no idea how the Snake player could be that stupid. He kept on using terrible camping tactics and getting shield poked and combo'd left and right. I'm not going to learn anything from bad opponents, especially when I have Razer and Jerm or Pj to practice with.

I don't consider myself a top player, but I do consider myself a top Peach.
And I'm sorry I'm not psychic, you specifically said "top level" not "top player" I implied it had to do with the character Peach.

Am I a high level player? Yeah, I would think so. Especially when considering what people expect out of my character and how the other players who use her place.

Nordal

Smash Lord
You hath verbally forsaken the carefully constructed criticisms of Jesus and God's follower. Prepare heathen, to burn in the fiery pits of Hell, for who should deny the preachings of the Lord's followers?

And low, to deny the accomplishments of the Peach disciple Excel Zero, for whom the Lord's follower Gadiel has an enormous affinity to, is surely unjustifiable! Thou shalt rot and burn and cry from God's wrath until the end of time.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Are you ****ing ******** or something?

First of all, I appreciate the help but you gave me some f'ing street fighter article to read. I don't even know one tenth of the terminology used in that article.

Then you tell me to get tips from LLOD when he ONLY plays Wi-Fi and it's actually a viable option there. I'd rather go to Nicole or Kyon who actually know how to camp and use turnips effectively.

You think I don't ask Gnes/Razer/Trela how to improve? LMAO
That's literally all I do, seriously. It probably bothers them if anything.

I clicked the first vid and had to exit out within two minutes because I had no idea how the Snake player could be that stupid. He kept on using terrible camping tactics and getting shield poked and combo'd left and right. I'm not going to learn anything from bad opponents, especially when I have Razer and Jerm or Pj to practice with.

I don't consider myself a top player, but I do consider myself a top Peach.
And I'm sorry I'm not psychic, you specifically said "top level" not "top player" I implied it had to do with the character Peach.

Am I a high level player? Yeah, I would think so. Especially when considering what people expect out of my character and how the other players who use her place.
Well I'm trying to help you Illy, take what I say as you want. I may not say everything clearly, but if it helps than use it.

The terminology of the street fighter articles might be foreign to you, but if you read and understand everything else then you'll get something out of them. The Domination 101 articles are really great: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?forums/domination-101.98/

Tommy G's articles still help me out a lot:

Positioning and spacing: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238076
Brawl defensive mechanics: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247011
Combo/follow-up guide: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=250895
Prediction guide: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234931

Melee's How to Improve thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=106060

If you scroll to the bottom of the Melee thread, you'll get the link to each of the articles, and most of them apply to Brawl and are extremely useful tools. I pretty much read almost all of them, but the way I learn is visual and kinetic, so I have to perform and try them out to learn. The articles don't necessarily help me as much, but it might help you more depending on how you learn.

You hath verbally forsaken the carefully constructed criticisms of Jesus and God's follower. Prepare heathen, to burn in the fiery pits of Hell, for who should deny the preachings of the Lord's followers?

And low, to deny the accomplishments of the Peach disciple Excel Zero, for whom the Lord's follower Gadiel has an enormous affinity to, is surely unjustifiable! Thou shalt rot and burn and cry from God's wrath until the end of time.
No, I was not going for that. People have their own opinions and ways of doing things. I'm not hating on anyone.

Nordal

Smash Lord
No, I was not going for that. People have their own opinions and ways of doing things. I'm not hating on anyone.
Those who dare defy the holy words of God's followers will suffer for their insolence! How dare these idolatrous pagans use logic and direct evidence when they could have faith in the Lord. Faith in God clearly overweighs the impious 'common sense' that these heathens believe will solve all problems. Hail the Lord!

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I have a set with KiraFlax that I really want you guys to see!! It should be uploaded soon.

Also - I think I'm a high level player, just not quite a top level player yet. 2011 was a great year for me and I believe 2012 will be even better!! WHOBO 3 and Genesis 2 have really helped me a lot, along with the competition I get here in AZ.

Love you guys! <3

:peach:

Hyper89

Smash Rookie
Are you ****ing ******** or something?
Yes, I believe you are...

^
I'd slap you but in Puerto Rico we dont hit little girls...

Wow, you must be the newbiest person I'v ever laid my poor little eyes on. Where to begin? Ok "buddy", first off, show some class and humility, why would you go off saying something that its soooo obvious your not? Just cuz some ppl say or think ur top player material doesn't mean you can go around talking back to ppl and insulting them saying your the better peach, that my friend IS ********. Secondly, your basing your judgment off of a video....videos are fun and all, but there not the real thing, come on dude, everyone know vids are there to learn from your mistakes, if anything for pure entertainment. You said you saw the first vid and quite, soooo basically you saw a vid that could have been from like 2 years ago? maybe a year ago? who knows. Then you say his opponents suck, play them, then you tell me or anyone who cares for that matter if they suck or not ;). Point is Ill, you have this ego on ya that just dosnt play well with others, tone it down or you'll be the one falling hard and filling the hurt in the morning.

PS:

Illmatic's Peach is nice, but his peach really really sucks.

I clicked the first vid and had to exit out within 1 minute because I had no idea how he could be so stupid. He kept on using terrible camping tactics and getting shield poked and combo'd left and right, he doesn't DI properly, misses a lot of obvious openings and opportunities and rushes in to get *****. Unlike E-zero, where he does make use of every single opportunity and knows how to ACTUALLY play. His opponents dont suuuck....hes just that good ;). Illmatic on the other hand....he just looks plane free =/.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrtW3PP8WXY

Maybe you can learn something, or just whine some more....your choice ;)....

...read the description...it'll do you some good.

z00ted

Yes, I believe you are...

^
I'd slap you but in Puerto Rico we dont hit little girls...

Wow, you must be the newbiest person I'v ever laid my poor little eyes on. Where to begin? Ok "buddy", first off, show some class and humility, why would you go off saying something that its soooo obvious your not? Just cuz some ppl say or think ur top player material doesn't mean you can go around talking back to ppl and insulting them saying your the better peach, that my friend IS ********. Secondly, your basing your judgment off of a video....videos are fun and all, but there not the real thing, come on dude, everyone know vids are there to learn from your mistakes, if anything for pure entertainment. You said you saw the first vid and quite, soooo basically you saw a vid that could have been from like 2 years ago? maybe a year ago? who knows. Then you say his opponents suck, play them, then you tell me or anyone who cares for that matter if they suck or not ;). Point is Ill, you have this ego on ya that just dosnt play well with others, tone it down or you'll be the one falling hard and filling the hurt in the morning.

I clicked the first vid and had to exit out within 1 minute because I had no idea how he could be so stupid. He kept on using terrible camping tactics and getting shield poked and combo'd left and right, he doesn't DI properly, misses a lot of obvious openings and opportunities and rushes in to get *****. Unlike E-zero, where he does make use of every single opportunity and knows how to ACTUALLY play. His opponents dont suuuck....hes just that good ;). Illmatic on the other hand....he just looks plane free =/.
Oh, God.

Alright, learn to spell and use proper grammar first of all.
I'll apologize too, I'm sorry for acting the way I did.

I'm entitled to my own opinion, just like you are.
His opponents suck.

Nordal

Smash Lord
His opponents do suck (Ling-Ling aside). I think that was proven when he came to the U.S. and wasn't 2-3 stocking everyone. Excel is still good as **** though.

Excel and Ling Ling aren't the only good Brawl players in Puerto Rico guys, lol. I can say with confidence that Puerto Rico is mad underrated, considering that a good chunk of our top players have yet to even attend a US tournament, and that not a lot of outsiders hear much from our top players.

Everybody says that Ling Ling and Excel are really good, and they probably say that through experience (Genesis 1, Pound 4), but nobody really knows that we have at least 4-5 other players that are on their level but just haven't attended US tournaments. We're good, and other Americans have commented on us and said we're good too (example: MJG thinks highly of our local TL main). The only issue is that we're pretty hidden from the public eye. Given the opportunity, I think we'll be able to leave another good impression in an American national, but opportunities like that don't come often. x__x

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
bluntness cones with the game people. just can't let it get to you. to be honest i sometimes feel the same wayillmatic does about vids. only playing very high level player s most vids don'thelp anymorebecause most aren't being pressured the same and such. but ill I'm sure there wasa better way to word it lol.

calvio ill try to watch it when i goto a computer

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
bluntness cones with the game people. just can't let it get to you. to be honest i sometimes feel the same wayillmatic does about vids. only playing very high level player s most vids don'thelp anymorebecause most aren't being pressured the same and such. but ill I'm sure there wasa better way to word it lol.

calvio ill try to watch it when i goto a computer
kk - thanks in advance

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Sensitive wording can go suck a fat ****. It's sickening just how prevalent it's become in this country. Illmatic's wording is fine, don't apologize for speaking your mind man.

My Boricua brothers, get your ***** off the island and come play us already. Follow the fad and post a donation blog on AllisBrawl (LOL) if cost is an issue. That being said, it isn't uncommon for the majority of American players to be stuck on some kind of high horse and not pay respect to the talent outside of our shores.

:phone:

My Boricua brothers, get your ***** off the island and come play us already. Follow the fad and post a donation blog on AllisBrawl (LOL) if cost is an issue. That being said, it isn't uncommon for the majority of American players to be stuck on some kind of high horse and not pay respect to the talent outside of our shores.

Yeah this is what we want more than anything, to go to another American national, but things just don't work out the way we'd like them to all the time. Money is def an issue, and I don't think any donation thread will really ease the pain for all of us. We're outside of the scope of American players, but it's probably gonna stay like this until we do finally find the right opportunity to attend another national, which we're fine with even though we know it's gonna be forever.

But that's not really the issue, it's more of the reason why the issue exists. The issue is that PR is being called bad, which is why a wave of Puerto Ricans are probably lurking all over this thread.

Wait hold on...

Yep. Puerto Rico has definitely arrived. :awesome:

Again, the issue is about people simply not knowing, and when you see things like this, you'd understand why we're all here:

I clicked the first vid and had to exit out within two minutes
especially when I have Razer and Jerm or Pj to practice with.
Well we got past the part where everyone here loves Excel Zero and thinks he's awesome, but if Ill hadn't clicked out of the video after two minutes, maybe he might have noticed that the snake player actually won the set. Perhaps somewhere in those ****ty camping strats he was actually doing something right? It's either the snake was doing something right in those ****ty camping strats, or Excel Zero is *** for losing to "a bad snake".

Then we have the next quote in which our snakes are being compared to Razer's. Let's be honest now, I think anybody's snake minus Ally's would pale out in comparison to Razer's. Doesn't mean they're bad though. With Jerm/PJ it's the same deal, except for the part where I would say that our TL is between both PJ and Jerm in terms of player skill.

It's cool that you guys have an opinion, but an opinion like "PR players suck" is obviously gonna shake things up a bit, so the least you can do is know what you're talking about before you start throwing out your opinions as fact.

Case in point:
His opponents do suck (Ling-Ling aside).

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Sensitive wording can go suck a fat ****. It's sickening just how prevalent it's become in this country. Illmatic's wording is fine, don't apologize for speaking your mind man.

All I said was it could be worded different lol

z00ted

Yeah this is what we want more than anything, to go to another American national, but things just don't work out the way we'd like them to all the time. Money is def an issue, and I don't think any donation thread will really ease the pain for all of us. We're outside of the scope of American players, but it's probably gonna stay like this until we do finally find the right opportunity to attend another national, which we're fine with even though we know it's gonna be forever.

But that's not really the issue, it's more of the reason why the issue exists. The issue is that PR is being called bad, which is why a wave of Puerto Ricans are probably lurking all over this thread.

Wait hold on...
Yep. Puerto Rico has definitely arrived. :awesome:

Again, the issue is about people simply not knowing, and when you see things like this, you'd understand why we're all here:

Well we got past the part where everyone here loves Excel Zero and thinks he's awesome, but if Ill hadn't clicked out of the video after two minutes, maybe he might have noticed that the snake player actually won the set. Perhaps somewhere in those ****ty camping strats he was actually doing something right? It's either the snake was doing something right in those ****ty camping strats, or Excel Zero is *** for losing to "a bad snake".

Then we have the next quote in which our snakes are being compared to Razer's. Let's be honest now, I think anybody's snake minus Ally's would pale out in comparison to Razer's. Doesn't mean they're bad though. With Jerm/PJ it's the same deal, except for the part where I would say that our TL is between both PJ and Jerm in terms of player skill.

It's cool that you guys have an opinion, but an opinion like "PR players suck" is obviously gonna shake things up a bit, so the least you can do is know what you're talking about before you start throwing out your opinions as fact.
Like I said.. I'm sorry, Twinkie.
I was basically being an ******* and blurting out things that were uncalled for.

I re-watched all the videos. I learned a bit from Excel Zero because he's a smart and creative player. In fact, I tried to base part of my aggressive playstyle off of him when I picked Peach up. I also didn't know Excel lost because I didn't watch the whole vid, and I'm at fault for calling Doom out like that. Grats on the win.

I never said my opinion was fact, though.
Are Excel and Doom coming to Apex? I would love to play them.

Top Bottom