• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Search Engine Topic

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You are aware that it doesn't matter where you play something on guitar as long as the octave is the same. IE, you can play an E scale at the 12th fret on the low E and it's the same E as playing it on the High E no frets and working across. Most people, who have tablature on the page, read strictly that which is just like saying you're an artist if all you do is "Paint by Numbers." Now, enough off topic discussion, any further belongs in PMs.

Negative, goopy. That is a toy and I wanted a real one.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Search Item: Voodoo History in New Orleans.

Description: I hate Google. Get me information that isn't from Wikipedia or any of the top websites. I want to know the obscure details about Voodoo (the Voodoo doll actually has minimal significance towards the religion of Voodoo itself so stir clear of it).

Deadline: This isn't for a project or anything so in a sense there is no deadline but I'm freaking bored as hell and Voodoo has caught my interest as of this moment. So a good deadline would be NOW if at all possible. Get searching, drone.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Um, I could really use some help here, Proom. <3

Item: (Piano!) Lead sheets for popular music.

Description: Possibly Coldplay, Radiohead (please! :o), etc. If you could find a whole Fake Book with popular music (and not stuff like "Great Balls of Fire" >.<), that too please. I'm extremely new to trying to find music to play, seeing as how I'm extremely new to the Piano... but the method I'm using to learn has me using Lead sheets and Fake Books, please.

Deadline: Um, I would just really appreciate some feedback... does anyone ever look at this thread? :(

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Item: A replacement mirror for a Newtonian telescope.

Description: I have a reflector mirror for my telescope, but it is horribly scratched and I need a new one. If anyone can find one, I will gladly change their avatar or SOMETHING.

Deadline: Yesterday. Seriously, I need this ASAP.

Tom, you can get those books REALLY cheap in music stores. I'll provide links for online ones when I get home from work in 2 hours.

Uncle Kenny, there are a few Voodoo stores in New Orleans that really fail to deliver, if you are still interested, I can get you some resources.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
This one is very serious. I am actually will to pay people ($10 via PayPal?) if you can get me the exact stuff I need.

Long story short, I am done my creative writing portfolio for class and I wanted to buy the domain name for my pen name, which is a character from a novel. Though I have been using the name for numerous contests, entries, and a few copyrighted stories are under that name, hence I am not worried about any of you take it, haha. The problem is since he is a character from a rather older novel (20s about) I have no idea how this would work copyright law-wise.

What I need, ASAP, is LEGAL documents explaining how the usage of a literary figure works and whether or not I can do the domain name.

The reason I am quite confused with this is that there IS precedence for this with "David Copperfield," a magician who named himself after the Dickens' novel of the same name. He also does have the URL to that name, which leads me to believe that I am ok, but I need legal proof I will do it.

If you can PM me the information first, I will gladly pay between $10 - $30 paypal.

Well, I bought the URL, but I still want to know the legal aspects of it. www.dustindiamond.com is an excellent example of how I may be safe. In a nutshell, Dustin Diamond took the owner of the site to court to get his URL back but lost. I will give $10 before the end of the weekend with any concrete legal information. On Monday, it'll go down to $5 until the following Friday. After that, well, I will need the info but no money.

Ganon007

Smash Cadet
I found this site CK http://www.publaw.com/fiction.html. It gives you a look into what/how fictional characters are protected. It also sates this at the bottom
This article is not legal advice. You should consult an attorney if you have legal questions that relate to your specific publishing issues and projects.
Which is what I would do in your situation. Hope I helped a little bit.

Oh and I also read somewhere that you can't copyright your domain name so that might affect you maybe?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Basically, the advice given to me is that since it's the name and not the characteristics, I am fine. What do you mean by cannot copyright the domain name?

Thanks for the results.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Search item: Videos of people trying to make castle guards, and other such guards, smile and/or laugh.
Description: I tried to do some searches on youtube but I didn't really find what I was looking for. I thought it would be a big fad with competitions and tons of videos of people's attempts at trying to get the guards to laugh, I guess I was mistaken.
Deadline: Whenever.

Vaul

Smash Apprentice
Although a rather menial request compared to those of legal information and whatnot, this has been driving me crazy for quite some time now.

Search Item: The song titles and artists used in these two MK combo videos:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2BshjXrNY18&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xa5X4NNfFiE

Description: Finding the titles of any instrumental/techno songs has always been tedious, but this one has been exceptionally difficult. I have PM'd the videos' posters asking for the song information and have posted on the walls, but to no avail. Any help at all would be much appreciated (and enjoy the videos themselves while you're at it).
Note: Apparently the song for the first vid also appears in 'Devil May Cry 1', but I have no familiarity with the series whatsoever.

Deadline: None in particular, but the sooner the better considering how long I've tried to find these titles.

Gratzi

Muzga

Smash Ace
Search item: Jazz lead sheet for Unsquare dance or giant steps by john coltrane (preferably for piano but the saxophone melody with the chord progression at the bottom will do.
Description: Finding the jazz sheet music i want online's a pain
Deadline: ASAP

(also, could someone find me the sheet music to the arrangement of calling to the night from the mgs4 bonus disc)

good luck finding those!:p

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Search item: Jazz lead sheet for Unsquare dance or giant steps by john coltrane (preferably for piano but the saxophone melody with the chord progression at the bottom will do.
Description: Finding the jazz sheet music i want online's a pain
Deadline: ASAP

(also, could someone find me the sheet music to the arrangement of calling to the night from the mgs4 bonus disc)

good luck finding those!:p
If you can link me to the songs, i can tell you the chords/melody (or if i have time, make up some sheet music in cubase; but i doubt i'll have that time). At the very least, i'll tell you the chords.

Muzga

Smash Ace
not that easy. this is john coldtrane playing a I-IV-VI-II-III progression going at about crotchet=240.
Im not doubting your skills as a transcriber, its just ive got perfect pitch and even then i just cant figure it out.

ive figured out unsquare dance so dw about that. i just really need an actual copy of the sheets for giant steps. i need to know whether the chord im playing is a dim7 or an alt7b9, or whatever. only the actual sheets can give me that info.

thanks for the offer though! i really appreciate it!

RazeveX

Smash Ace
not that easy. this is john coldtrane playing a I-IV-VI-II-III progression going at about crotchet=240.
Im not doubting your skills as a transcriber, its just ive got perfect pitch and even then i just cant figure it out.

ive figured out unsquare dance so dw about that. i just really need an actual copy of the sheets for giant steps. i need to know whether the chord im playing is a dim7 or an alt7b9, or whatever. only the actual sheets can give me that info.

thanks for the offer though! i really appreciate it!
I-IV-VI-II-III progression? I didn't hear that anywhere in Giant steps...

First off - nothings too fast for me :p (Anthropology is meant to go at about 300bpm)

Second - perfect pitch is rarely useful for more than the starting key/note/chord. I have both perfect and relative pitch, and seldom use perfect over relative. Most brains don't work that way (as far as i know...we're all different).

Third - In my experience, lead sheets don't specify chords as much as "altered 7th b9"; they tend to just give you the letter name, usually a 7, and either maj, min, or dom (sometimes dim or aug, depends) It's often because chord alterations can be done over other chords or even improvised on the spot. Sheet music transcriptions or scores will usually give you the whole chords down to the last note, though. Although, i have seen plenty of lead sheets that do as well.
I don't think it really matters anyway, since there aren't really any altered chords or diminished chords in giant steps, lol.

Fourth - you should slow it down; because i reckon you can work it out. I'm just guessing because i just worked out a huge chunk of the middle section of giant steps with relative ease (not trying to brag). It's not that complicated when you think about it; most thinks are in key but sound out of key because of the rapid 2-5-1s to seemingly unrelated keys (Coltrane just can't sit on one tonal center, can he? lol). When you slow it down, it seems simpler. That's what helped me when i started transcribing, anyway (you probably know this).

Anyways, i was pretty pissed after working it out when i found this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kotK9FNEYU

it's exactly what you want, sheet music for the lead and chords. Plus, it's animated, which looks awesome. But i realized that the piano solo isn't written. Still, better than nothing, right?

Also, i had a listen to unsquare dance (i had never heard it before), and i'm really digging the whole 7/8 thing. But really, it's just a basic twelve bar (and i mean basic, like '1,4 and 5' basic). Albeit, everything else really rips on top of it (thats a good thing).

Anyway, enjoy.

- Razevex

KingSora

Smash Cadet
umm i want to know how to post these bulletin things idk if this is how you do it im just really curious

Smash Master
I'm looking for a program which will allow me to create a TCG/CCG to be played online.

Smash Master
Thanks. I'll try to learn c++. I have a little experience with Java so it shouldn't be too overwhelming.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Does anyone know where I can find the Super Smash Bros. Font? Not for sigs, for banners.

Flamingo777

Smash Apprentice
Ah, yah i double post accidently sometimes, because I have two different things to say and am too impatient to wait for someone to post before I do again.

Matt

Banned via Administration
Ah, yah i double post accidently sometimes, because I have two different things to say and am too impatient to wait for someone to post before I do again.
Man, this is the only post of yours I've ever read, and I hate you already.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Hey everyone. I'm trying to find the name of this game.
Search Item: A Horror/Action Game.
Description: Long description inc. I'll just put out the plot of the game or what you have to do (from where I've gotten to at least):

In it you play as a female.
Basically, the game takes place in this huge mansion that you go to after your parents die. When you get there you go to some kind of basement and you see a big orc-like monster. It starts running after you at some point later in the game, and you are forced to hide under a bed. Once he leaves when he can't find you under the bed, you do a lot more tasks, and then meet with a wolf at one point. The wolf is there to help you fight against the monster, and will follow your commands so you don't get killed.
Known Platforms: Playstation 2.
Deadline: Whenever possible.

I didn't want to make a new thread in the light house once I saw this, but tell me if I should..

Thanks.

crewster

Smash Lord
I need a charity for a school reserch
Search Item: A charity.
Description:
A charity that preferably helps people aged 0-16 but it doesn't matter if it isn't. Make sure that they need £1000-£2000 (soz the British currency, I don't know what it is in dollars). Please give me the link to their website/The link to their discription on The Big Give/the link to their description on The Charity Comission.​
Deadline: 1st of January 2009

crewster

Smash Lord
The thing I was looking for was a charity not a website for charitys.

crewster

Smash Lord
Ok. The thing I'm serching for is the charity if you don't know of one then don't replie.

Top Bottom