• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Scottish Smash Thread

VA

Smash Hero
i definitely won on ys with sheik lol, why would i counter pick samus with dl64? :p

and of course you dont rememberthe jiggs set, it was our closest set ;) i even technically 4 stocked your fox, 2 up throw rests if i remember right :)

i'll just have to beat you next time mate
why would you play ganon?

anyway I can't be bothered to argue. you'll never beat me.

J03

Smash Master
rofl i actually remember will going ganon against your samus. i remember thinking 'why the hell?'

xD

its funny that your mental prestige is so intact against coey and alan. However saying youll never beat me is rude no matter how much you believe it.

also its my birthday ^_^

Ch8ese

Smash Rookie
Heey there Scotland thread, I'm Cheese and an Edinburgher. Was at the minicon event today for a short bit but not really long enough to get much playing in, but I'm in the center of town and up for smash at some point ^_^

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Many thanks to FortuneCookie and ShiftingShadows for hosting the Minicon tournament. I really enjoyed the Brawl, just a shame we couldn't get more melee games in. Everyone there was really friendly, I hope to see some of you again sometime. I'll be practising my brawl CGs and generally at melee, and seriously looking forward to playing again next time. Thanks again, and good games!

Yuichi

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
LOL Oh my god. THE CHAINGRABS D:

Hopefully I wont get grabbed or ever play brawl again Lol! I'm glad u enjoyed it, that was our first tournament/event so i guess we will be cool for hosting in the future.

The results will be up shortly.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
Hey Guys!

Thanks to everyone who entered the minicon tournament on saturday! It was awesome! We had 19 entrants so the turnout was greater than expected.

All you Edinburghers who weren't there, shame on u; you guys missed out on some awesome prizes. 1st place got season 1 of Gundam00, and the first 3 volumes of season 2. 2nd place got the first 3 volumes of season 1, and 3rd place got the first volume of season 1.

The results are:

1)Shiftingshadows
2)Seikend
3)Fortunecookie - I actually beat Seikend in losers finals, but I let him pass through because one of the minicon organizers thought it was suspect that the organizers of the tournament got 1st and 2nd.
4)Taro
5)Marc Nicolson
5)John Polanski

@ seikend: it was awesome meeting u after talking on msn! I think u wud have definitely beat me if u knew I was gonna switch to G&W in our last game. And NOOOO!!!! nt the chaingrabs!!!!

@ Ch8ese: It's a shame you couldn't enter the tournament and that we didn't get to play many games. We'll definitely play a ton next smashfest/tourney.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Nice to see a lot of Edinburgh banter! I live here now so I might pop along to the next event if something like that happened again and Allan or someting popped along too. Nice to see such a high turn out hope you guys are all havin fun!

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Haha! Thanks grayfox, allan was gonna show up to this actually lol but he slept in and i left my phone in my bag when he called me XD! We are thinking about having a fest next weekend at teviot, what day would you be free?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You lot are getting quiet a few people together now which is really good.

I'm actually happy to see that the Scotland scene is reviving itself. Do these people play melee, brawl or both?

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Cheers pro.

I think most people we have talked to played melee for a bit at one point and wish to start playing it again. We just made it a brawl tournament so that we could get a healthier attendance.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I suggest having a good mixture of both and prompting people to learn the advanced techniques in melee and stuff like that.

Melee takes longer to learn and adjust to brawl (in a competitive way) but the payout when you learn it is ALOTTTT bigger, so make sure people know that cos they will might stressed out trying to learn the basics.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest next weekend at either Teviot or Pleasance! Josh and I are gonna go book the room today, so we need to know if whether we shud book it on sat or sun.

Yuichi, Ch8ese, Ch8ese's bro, Taro, AC anon, grayfox, tuna, jalued, polanski, kieran - U guys should all come!

jalued

Smash Lord
nice to hear u had a tourney, 19 people is pretty dam impressive

im confsued that josh and uj came 1st and 3rd (or 2nd) at a brawl tourney though..since when do u 2 play brawl? haha

edit: i can believe josh came first, but UJ 2nd? i would have expected u to keep trying to WD all the time :p

im starting my new job on wednesday, so dont know my rota for the weekend. Hopefully (slim chance) i will have an evening or afternoon off (fingers crossed!)

oh and yeah melee is alot better once u put some effort into it (not that i put much :p )

COEY

Smash Lord
Will - Come down my new place in birmingham wednesday march 31st. Cheap buses and you can obv kip the night. Joe, alan, ben going to be there aswell as king, yeniths, concaib, hao, brado, calzum and willz. decent smash crack, mini tourney and some beers? miss you doooood!
yea mate sounds good, will have to bring the new missus tho its kinda early days atm. will have to see, it is just after my birthday so should be able to get money together. and yea man it must be like 8-9 months now. time flys.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
sorry i missed it i promised my best friend i would stay at his house for the weekend DARN IT DARN IT ALL It seemed like i missed alot of fun (SIGH)
Well there's always next time. If it becomes a frequent thing you shouldn't have too much trouble making it once in a while. Hope to see you there sometime.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
nah i loved it! i have a new respect for tripping.

Anyway, the smashfest for this saturday 20th is confirmed! Come along for lots of melee practice and for a laugh!

location: The Mezz at the Teviot in the University of Edinburgh

Date and Time: saturday 20th march, starting at 12pm and we've got the place until midnight

Hope to see everyone there!

People confirmed:
Taro
shiftingshadows
John Polanski
Seikend
Ch8ese
Ch8ese' bro
edit: fizz112 and Jalued also confirmed

People who might attend:
DAZ
Flash
James A.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
xD yo willz

[how's the ps3?]

yeah, I'm in Scotland for university, so I'm taking part in the Scottish Smash Community.
I'm not like amazing at Melee, but play it semi competitively anyway because it's fun xD

J03

Smash Master
hey sure you guys are tired of being patted on the back for sceneing (the act of starting a proper scene(the proper has been added for tunas amusement)) so remember the perks!!

travelling together in a group of 5+ is kick ***

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
stop being nosey aiko =]

at the telford mcm expo me and taro were trying to win a PS3 in a competition. It was a racing minigame from some game that was like Zelda, where we had to race around the map 3 times quickly. Taro had the winning time for ages of 21(?) seconds, but then I eventually beat his score and got 20seconds. Taros friend (forgot his name) then had like 3 goes (me and taro probably had like 100 goes each) and got 18 seconds which was BS. The closest I came to it was exactly 19 seconds... fml

agroves

Smash Apprentice
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Earth
nah i loved it! i have a new respect for tripping.

Anyway, the smashfest for this saturday 20th is confirmed! Come along for lots of melee practice and for a laugh!

location: The Mezz at the Teviot in the University of Edinburgh

Date and Time: saturday 20th march, starting at 12pm and we've got the place until midnight

Hope to see everyone there!

People confirmed:
Taro
shiftingshadows
John Polanski
Seikend
Ch8ese
Ch8ese' bro

People who might attend:
Jalued
DAZ
Flash
James A.
ill see if i can come ive got more chance of going this time but im not 100% certain. hopefully ill be able to go :)

Top Bottom